22nd :)

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22nd Piece of the Puzzle


TAEYEON'S POV

 

"Fany-ah... You're like a puzzle."

"What? Why?" 

 

 

 

 

"You confuse me."

 

  Bragging aside, but I am the best when it comes to playing puzzles. I had a puzzle collection which I solved every night when I was a kid. My best friend, is the hardest one I've played so far. And until now, I haven't figured her out.   Maybe I should just give up. Or not.

 

I won't deny that sometimes, I really do think that the feeling is mutual. But then again, the other side of my brain says the otherwise. "Taeyeon-ah. Your best friend despises lesbians, remember that. Am I one? Why is life so complicated? Why do I have to label myself just because I'm in love with her?"

HER.

HER.

HER.

 

I stare at the giant wall of love with bitterness.

 

"YOU WALL. WHY WOULD I GIVE THIS NOTE TO YOU? THIS IS MINE. AND YOU'RE JUST GONNA TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME? NO WAY, WALL. I AM BETTER THAN YOU, WALL."

 

I carefully fold the pink note and sling it into my jean's pocket.

"Tae! What are you doing?" She looks puzzled.

"I am taking this home!" I say with a smirk.

 

"No you're not." She glares at me and I see her hand making its way to my pocket.

"This is mine!" I runaway while laughing like an idiot.

 

"You should stick it on the wall!!!" I hear her shout as she runs after me.

I see the look on the faces of the strangers around us, and they seem amused. Who wouldn't be? Tiffany and I are college students who are bound to become professionals in the future but here we are, acting like little children who just got out from their houses. We're running aimlessly along the hallways until I decide to stop.

 

I'm Kim Taeyeon. I have short legs. Running isn't really my thing. My stamina is very low compared to this hyperactive best friend of mine. You can imagine how thankful I was when I managed to pull her off the road just in time. Thanks to adrenaline rush.

 

"What's the purpose of going here if you'll just keep that note to yourself!?" She halts and takes a deep breath.

"You're such a bummer, Tae." Her face looks lke a kid whose lunch has been stolen by a big fat bully.

 

"But Fany-ah... I really want to know what this means. And besides, isn't this for me? Can't I just keep it?" I plead. 

 

That's it. She looks pissed now. Fine, I surrender. I take the note out from my pocket. We both walk towards the giant wall again.

I stick the pink paper to the empty tile adjacent to my blue paper.

The 'tour guide' smiles at the both of us.

"You're so cute together." He blurts out.

 

I find it odd that he said that. Maybe he just thinks of us as little kids, yes, maybe that's it.

 

"Thanks?" Tiffany says with an awkward smile.

 

This girl can be really really nice to strangers to the point that she may be kidnapped any moment. The man walks away upon seeing a new couple. And there, he says his scripted lines once again.

I scan the wall and find it perfect to see the blue and pink papers next to each other. I take my pen out and write today's date on both our stickers.

"October 27"

Tiffany takes the pen from me and starts writing once again. She covers the papers with her hands so I can't see it.

"Tae, no peeking!"

 

"But why?" I ask. I wonder what she's writing in there.

 

"Not telling." She sticks her tongue out to me. "You promised to come back here, right?"

 

I nod. When will I come back? And why can't I just see it now?

I try to peek at it once again but her head seems to mimic my movements, which just blocks my view.

 

 

****

 

 

It feels weird having to walk around this place that's filled with lovers which are mostly foreigners. Tiffany and I walk side by side as we make our way to the highest part of the tower. I suddenly have the urge to hold her hand at this moment. But a part of me says that it's too much. This place isn't really meant for friends to begin with. But what can I do? The back of my hand is touching hers which just sends electricity to my whole being.

 

'WHY KIM TAEYEON? WHY AM I A WIMP?'

 

Her gaze turns to me as if she hears what I'm mentally saying.

'Fany-ah, do we really have telepathic powers?'

 

She grabs my hand like it's nothing to her. This girl seriously has no idea what she does to me. 

'Fany-ah... Can you feel my heart? Can you read my mind?'

 

 

We arrive at the most famous part of Namsan tower which is the sky terrace. Hand in hand, Tiffany and I run towards the fences where we see millions of padlocks piled up altogether. We're standing now across the fences. I just can't help but admire the view from the top. Seoul is truly a place to be.

 

Then suddenly it hit me.

PADLOCK. OUR SYMBOL.

TAENY'S SYMBOL.

 

My smile is then replaced by a frown as I think about her lock necklace. Where is it now? I've never seen her neck without it eversince the day I gave it to her.

"Tae, wait for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter