31st

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st Piece of the Puzzle

 

 

"Taeyeonnie! Why are you just standing there? Come here!" Mrs. Kim waved her hand, gesturing her daughter to come over.

 

As awkward as it was, Taeyeon gathered up the courage to walk towards them, without looking at Tiffany's eyes.

"Umma, I still haven't bought a pair of heels, we better go." She uttered, tugging her mom's arm.

 

"Hey, can't you see your best friend is here?" Mrs. Kim asked and moved forward to whisper in her ears, "And she's with a handsome guy!"

 

There was no way out.

She couldn't pretend that she didn't see her.

 

In this awkward situation, Taeyeon didn't really know how to greet her girlfriend who was apparently with a guy on a Sunday evening. The couple would usually hug intimately when they see each other but with Taeyeon's mom around, they could only nod at each other's presence.

 

"Hi."

 

"Hey."

 

 

Tiffany wanted to hold Taeyeon's hand and just runaway from all this. But of course, that's only in her imagination. Siwon and Mrs. Kim were still standing beside them, clueless about everything.

 

'Taetae, please say something. I'd rather you get mad at me than be like this.' 

 

Taeyeon's eyes kept on avoiding Tiffany's. She stole a glance on the familiar guy and then shifted her gaze to her mom.

"Let's go, umma."

 

Taeyeon could only nod at her girlfriend, "Enjoy your date, Tiffany."

Mrs. Kim smiled at them and continued walking with her daugher. 

Taeyeon did not even look back as she walked away.

 

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

'Taetae, please don't misunderstand.'

 

She didn't even look at me straight in the eyes. She walked away, just like that. Is it my fault? After contemplating a bit, I ended up thinking that maybe it is. I'm walking around a mall, with a guy I barely know on a Sunday evening. One would naturally think that we're on a date. And I didn't even bother to tell my girlfriend that I'd be out today.

 

Siwon is a real gentleman. Even though we don't consider each other as friends yet, I can feel that we will eventually become good friends judging the way he treats me right now.

 

He opens the door of his car for me, "Tiffany, from now on, I'll be granting your dad's wish."

"Thanks for taking me home." I step out from his car and wave goodbye.

 

 

 

*******

 

As I make my way towards our gate, a hand tugs my arm from the back.

'Should I be happy if it's the person I'm expecting it to be?'

 

"Fany-ah."

 

I knew it.

 

My lips curve up into a smile upon hearing my lover's voice. But then again, what happened earlier still lingers in my head.

I interlace my fingers with the hand that's holding my arm. I turn around only to see a sad pair of onyx eyes.

 

Taeyeon is my weakness. Seeing her eyes about to burst into tears makes me tear up as well. "TaeTae, It's not what you think."

 

"Ssshh... I believe you." Taeyeon pulls me closer by the waist and encircles her arms around me. Her warmth never fails to give me comfort. "I trust you."

 

My heart feels lighter now, knowing that I have her full trust.

"Tae... Please don't do that again to me."

 

"What?" She pulls away from our intimate hug.

 

"You ignored me just a while ago. If you can do that while I'm still here, How much more if I leave the country?"

 

"Sorry, It's just that... my emotions... clouded my mind.  Seeing you with someone else, do you have any idea what I felt that time?"

 

I pull her to sit with me on the bench just outside our gate. "Siwon... He's just a new friend. My dad told me we'll be schoolmates in the future. That's why he introduced us to each other before our graduation."

 

Her eyes can't deny that she doesn't like what she heard. But she still keeps her calm. And I'm not sure if I like that part of her. She doesn't tell me if she's hurting.

 

"You're so inlove with me, Fany-ah. I don't have any reason to be jealous, right?"

 

"So full of yourself, Kim Taeyeon!"

I kiss her cheek and my lips linger against it for a while, savouring her scent, remembering all that has to be remembered w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter