42nd

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

42nd Piece of the Puzzle

 

 

[Babe, I have a meeting with a client tom. Sorry. I’ll make it up to u! :( I promise!] -Mushroom

 

Taeyeon read the message over and over.

Their usual weekend date had been cancelled again.

She let out a sigh of frustration. ‘I miss you.’

 

She totally understood. She knew that the current case that her girlfriend was working on was especially important. But it couldn’t be denied that she was sulking.

 

[But tomorrow’s my birthda-

 

She deleted the words that she had managed to type with a glint of hurt in her eyes. She didn’t bother to reply.

It was supposed to be the first time that Taeyeon would be celebrating her birthday with Tiffany after four years. But what could she do? It seemed like the latter had forgotten about it. Or so she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

She was sitting comfortably on the rolling chair in her music studio when she heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.”

 

One of the staff members came in, carrying a pile of papers.

“Taeyeon noona, are we still on for the auditions?” he asked.

 

Wooyoung left the band to pursue a career in acting. Taeyeon didn’t mind. It was about time they parted ways. She didn’t really like it when her parents would push her to the vocalist whom she only saw as a friend.

It had been a few weeks since Wooyoung signed his resignation from the band. And since then, they had held auditions for a new vocalist.

 

“Of course!” She exclaimed. “Let’s go! Where are they?”

 

Along with the band members, Taeyeon sat down on the panels’ area. Different kinds of singers went to the audition; most of them wanted to become idols. A lot of them were just there because of their pretty faces.

 

But what they really wanted was a golden voice. It had been half an hour but they still hadn’t sought a potential vocalist among the auditionees.

 

“Last call. After this, let’s wrap things up already,” the band leader scratched his head in frustration.

“Next. Number 48, come in.”

 

 

 

A guy in a gray sweater came in with his guitar. He was wearing sunglasses which made him more appealing than the others.

 

 

 

“Introduce yourself,” the band leader said.

 

 

Taeyeon’s heart skipped a beat upon seeing the familiar face of the guy.

She was hoping that it wasn’t the person whom she thought it was.

 

The guy removed his sunglasses, revealing a face that she had known so clearly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter