1st

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st Piece of the Puzzle

 

               

It's 4 o'clock in the morning, according to the Blue Hello Kitty Alarm clock which could be seen on the bedside table. The sun hadn't risen yet. And the wind coming from the window swiftly rushed into the room of a girl who's currently mumbling random words to herself. The girl in a deep and peaceful slumber nodded her head as if she's introducing herself onstage.

 

Kim Taeyeon would always talk and mumble random words during her sleep. It had been habit of hers ever since she learned how to talk. Her cellphone, which had its volume at the maximum level, rang continuously as if the caller was in some kind of an emergency. She then grabbed it lazily and smiled upon seeing the caller's name.

 

[FANY FANY TIFFANY]

 

[Hmm... Fany ah??] Taeyeon quickly answered her phone with a sleepy voice.

 

[Taetae wake up!! Wakey Wakey now!]

Unlike Taeyeon, Tiffany was so energetic as if she had been drinking bottles of energy drink as a habit.

 

She closed her eyes with the gadget on her ear. [Five. more. minutes, please?]

 

[KIM TAEYEON!! WE STILL HAVE EXAMS LATER! YOU'RE SO LUCKY THAT A GIRL NAMED TIFFANY HWANG IS CALLING YOU AT THIS HOUR JUST SO YOU WON'T BE LATE IN CLASS AGAIN!]

 

The loudness of Tiffany's voice almost hurt Taeyeon's ear, causing her whole body to jerk, making her fall off of her bed.

 

[Ouch! No need to shout okay? I can almost hear your real voice in here!]

..

[Hah. Really funny. NOW. GO AND SHOWER! I'll be waiting for you in the library.]

 

*END OF CALL

 

"Thank you, Fany-ah.."

 

The girl in blue pajamas was idling beside her bed with a big smile all over her face. Her gaze was fixed on the photo of her and her best friend together under a giant Christmas Tree.

 

'Fany-ah... What is this I'm feeling? I'm just confused right?'

 

It had always been like that. Whenever they had exams or some important schoolwork, Tiffany would always call Taeyeon just to wake her up. Taeyeon usually went to school late not because her house was far from the university, but because she couldn't sleep at night and had a hard time waking up in the morning.

Having been friends for three years, they would always walk together and ride the same bus everyday, along with their tallest, charming, and uberly funny friend, Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon carefully searched for her best friend inside the library as if she were a ninja. The kid-looking dork was hopping along the hallways, earning giggles from the other students. "Ninja-Taeng, activated!" 

 

"That dork again." One student whispered to her friend.

"Don't tell me she's gonna do what I think she'll do." The other student replied, rolling her eyes to the other side.

 

Taeyeon gestured the two students to keep quiet until she finally saw the girl she had been looking for. The redhead was sitting alone while reading a book. Her back was facing Taeyeon.

 

 

Being a dork and prankster that she naturally was, Taeyeon greeted her best friend with a scary horror movie-like whisper into her ear. "FAAAAAANYYYY"

 

Tiffany shrieked.

Taeyeon tried covering , preventing her from shouting any further. She tried to muffle her laughter for she knew it would just make things worse.

 

"YAH! What was that for?"

"I was just trying to greet you a GOOD MORNING Yeppeuni!"

 

Everyone else in the library glared at the two girls who were too loud in the morning. 

 

****

 

"TaeTae... It's a miracle! You're early today!" The two girls hugged as if they hadn't seen each other in a while.

 

"All thanks to you. You woke me up remember? I even fell out of my bed. Happy now?" Taeyeon stuck her tongue out as she put her things on the table

 

"You should be thankful okay? It's not everyday that you get to have a personal alarm clock! Not to mention, your alarm clock is a very pretty girl named TIFFANY HWANG." Tiffany flashed her eye-smile which caused Taeyeon to blush instantly.

 

"I have no comment on that." Taeyeon sighed. "Go on, Just tell everyone you're pretty... If that makes you happy."

 

They wasted no time and studied for the exams together.

 

Taeyeon couldn't really concentrate because her notebook was a mess. She couldn't even understand her own handwriting.

"Fany-ah, I know your handwriting is so much better than mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter