The marriage.

Love isn't cruel.

"And now, here we are."

So Min let out a sigh.

"I thought your story only happened in drama's but I didn't know that it could be happening in real life."

"Yup. I insist not to marry Hyun Joong, but then, I have to. I made my father suffered a lot. He's getting old. He should be happy to spend his old time before he go."

"Don't talk like that. It happens for a reason. Trust me, everything's gonna be alright."

"It's awkward isn't it?"

"Awkward?"

"Ah-- Yes. To me, yes it is. I am talking-you-know. To my future unnie-in-law. Hehehe"

"Ahhhh, it's nothing. Besides, I'm good to anybody and friendly. Just chill."

"Thank you."

"No. I thank you. I believe that you're the key to the little brat Hyun Joong's heart."

So Ra grabbed So Min's hand and hold it tightly. Finally, she had met with the girl that will make a change in his brother's life. So Ra knew that Hyun Joong would not fall in love with anybody as he is an anti-woman. But who cares now when she already knew the person who will end up marrying Hyun Joong? So Ra hoped that everything went well. So Min just smiled shyly to So Ra. She can't go back to change her mind. She have to make a sacrifice for her father. 

"Oh. So Min, I think I should get home now."

"Oh, okay. Don't you want to meet Hyun Joong before you head home?"

"Nahh, it's okay. I'll be coming tomorrow morning. And you, you should see the doctor to foster your foot since you sprained your ankle right? Go."

"Ah-- I'll be seeing the doctor after this. No worries."

So Ra smiled and doze off. So Min saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim and her father still chit-chatting while drinking a coffee. So Min doesn't want to interrupt their conversation and head off to see the specialist that could foster her foot. 

"You sprained your ankle a li'l bit. Don't worry, we'll fix it."

"Okay, but don't too harsh." So Min blinked many times as her eyes focused on her right foot.

"Haha, you're kinda funny. What's your name?" The doctor asked who fostered So Min and tried to be friendly.

"So Min. Ahhhhhh----!!!" So Min groaned.

"Okay, it's done here. The nurse will take you to receive further treatment. Can you stand?"

"Ah-- I.. I think I can. Thank you."

The nurse walked in while bringing a wheelchair and So Min sat on it. The nurse brought her into a room to x-ray her foot. After examaning, So Min was brought into a special room while waiting for the result. So Min fell asleep as it was such a long time to wait. 

"Miss, miss." The nurse shaked So Min's shoulders. So Min woke up.

"Ah yes?"

"The result is out. Your leg is just find and you can go home now. Before that, you have to go to the pharmacy to get your medicine."

"Thank you."

So Min walked out of the room with the limping foot. After getting the medicine from the pharmacy, So Min head to Mr. Jung's room before she go back home. It was a tired day for her as there were lots of inciddent happened. Arrived at the room, Mr. Jung was sitting on his wheelchair while his face turned to the glass window. Mr. Jung was looking at the scenery of the night.

"Father."

"Oh? So Min. Why you're still here? I though you've gone home."

"Yes, after this. Are you okay? How's your head?" So Min put her chin on her father's shoulders. 

"I'm fine." Mr. Jung threw a smile to his daughter. 

Silence. 

"Father."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"For hurting you."

"So Min. How come you can think like that?"

"It's just.."

"So Min, I'm okay now. Don't worry."

"Father, I've made my decision. I'll be marrying the man who you asked me to."

So Min raised her chin up and sat on the bed. Mr. Jung turned around his face and faced to So Min. So Min was looking down. He knew that the tears stagant on So Min's eyes and waited for the right time to falls. He grabbed So Min shoulders and hugged her tightly. Quietly, So Min cried in his father shoulder.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Hyun Joong still awake even though it's past midnight. Lots of thinks that he had been thinking on his mind. About So Min and about the marriage. Somehow, he really wants to have a girlfriend that he could take care of but at th esame time, he get annoyed with women's conclusion and attitude. It's not that he hate womens, but, it's just that maybe he didn't really found a gilr just like her mother and sister. The time will arrive soon, he guessed. Hyun Joong feels bored and wanna take some fresh air. He took a walk at the hospital park down all alone and as what like he thought, there were no one there. Hyun Joong sat at a brench near the corridor where there is a vending machine facing him

"Mhmm..." Hyun Joong looked at the vending machine and somehow it reminds him of So Min.

"Stupid crazy old woman. Kicking a vending machine."

Hyun Joong let out a little laugh. He remembered the face of So Min when she blushed and quickly pulled it away. He remembered when she's really mad. It's like the whole world gonna blown up by hearing her shouts and silly attitude. 

"Aishh.. Why am I thinking about her?"

Hyun Joong stood up and starts to make a path on his way back to his room. It's getting breezing outside. While walking back to his room, he remembered that Mr. Jung stills admitted at the hospital for fews days. Even though he didn't really know him, but somekind of how, he really wanna know what's the main reason he have to get married to his daughter. Arrived at Mr. Jung's room, he wanna knock the door but he doesn't have any guts. And then Hyun Joong made his mind maybe next time he'll be seeing Mr. Jung. Suddenly..

"Son."

Hyun Joong turned around and found Mr. Jung was infront of him. Maybe he went to get some fresh air. Hyun Joong mumbled.

"Come, let's go inside. It's getting cold out here." 

Hyun Joong nodded and helped Mr. Jung pushed the wheelchair in. Mr. Jung sat on the bed while Hyun Joong sat at the chair near the bed.

"My daughter."

"You have to protect my daughter Hyun Joong. I don't trust anyone else but only you."

Hyun Joong remained silence. He waited for what Mr. Jung wanna say.

"I've been running away from someone that will killed my daughter. Everyday, my worried grew bigger. What if the man that really hated me so much and swear to kill me and my daughter came into my life without I reliazed. It's okay if I've to make a sacrifice for her. I don't want her life stops now. She still have a long way to go."

"But-- Why me?"

"Because I know you can protect her. Please Hyun Joong. Marry my daughter."

Mr. Jung looked at Hyun Joong's eyes. There were to much pain, sorrow, suffered and give up in Mr. Jung's eyes. Hyun Joong tried stand for his right but at somehow, he doesn't have a guts to say that he didn't wanna marry So Min. Mr. Jung looked out at the window and starts to talk.

"Last few years back then while my wife still alive, we used to live at San Francisco. I have a company there where I worked with my two partners who is Lee Woo Jin and Oh Min Jung. After we succeed to get a lot of projects, the income came in like the waves. Three of us were really happy and we keep on working to be the best. Until one day, when the money take human's mind, Lee Woo Jin wants to take over the company. He want to  chase me and Oh Min Jung out from the company. The best way to do was, he wanted to killed the both of us. At first I don't know that he would be acting like that until I see with my own eyes he killed Oh Min Jung. I succeed to escape and made a police report and he got arrested after running away for about three months from the police. At the same time, So Min was born and I decide to carry on with my life in Korea. So I made a living here. One of his people that worked with him told him about my family and now, he knew every seconds that I move. He wanted to take his revenge towards me."

Hyun Joong silenced. 

"Hyun Joong. Please, you are my last hope. I don't want him to kill my daughter. I don't care if I've to die for her. She's my only diamond in my life and I want her to be happy."

Hyun Joong just remained silence. The night is over without he realize. There's a lot of stuff that he had to think. Either let Mr. Jung suffered because So Min will get killed by a man or keep insisting to marry So Min.