Chapter 65

Sehun is my...what?!

I slowly inhaled the breeze. Normally, this should be a calming situation, but my nerves seem to be on alert right now as I take closer steps towards the edge of the rooftop.

"No" said Lu Han, halting me on my track. His voice had always been gentle, but that one word seemed to be full of panic.

"I need to know. Something's wrong. I can feel it. I want my memories back" I muttered as I turned to look at him with sad eyes.


LU HAN'S POV

Chanshi turned to me with glassy eyes. Her pain was so raw that I could see it through those tears that were threatening to fall.

She told me about the bits and pieces of memories flashing in her head these past few days. It must be very hard for her to not know what they even mean. But I do know. And call me selfish, but I don't want her to find out. I don't want her to remember how I rejected her just because I assumed that she likes me in a different way.

Because I didn't know about her relationship with Sehun-sunbae back then.

"What would you do if you found out that I've done something wrong in the past?" I asked, closing my eyes to the lonely figure before me.

"Every one makes mistakes, Lu Han. Of course I would understand" she replied.

"But what if it was really bad, that...you may not want to see me ever again" I mumbled almost inaudibly. Part of me wanted her to not be able to hear what I just said.

But she heard it.

"Good or bad, I want to remember everything" she muttered, facing the ledge as the wind furiously blew her hair back.

That was it. I could no longer stand the situation. Unaware of my actions, I walked forward to lace my arms around her waist and bury my face on her back. If she finally learns the truth, this would be the last time that we'd ever stand this close.

"But wouldn't making new memories suffice? At least we can make sure each one of them is happy" I said.

"If you were in my position," she said, turning her head to my direction, "what would you do?"

She's right. I would also want my memories back.

As if reading my mind, she continued, "You would do this too, wouldn't you?" she asked as she removed my arms from their grasp on her and inched closer to the ledge.

"Wait," I called out in a panic as my imagination got the best of me, "don't believe in what happens in movies, Chanshi. Don't do anything reckless. Please, what exactly are you planning to do?"

With a gentle but lonely smile she replied, "I don't know either."

 

And with that, she jumped.