Chapter 34

Sehun is my...what?!

For the nth time tonight, I fidgeted on the bed. Why do I have this feeling that I'm forgetting something?

"Is something troubling you, dear?" Sehun's mom asked. Looks like my squirmy movements disturbed her from sleep.

"I'm so sorry you got woken up! It's just that I have this feeling that I have forgotten something" I explained.

"Could it be something related to school?" she helped me recall "A homework perhaps?"

I jolted up at that instant. "Oh no, Math homework!"

I heard Sehun's mom chuckle. "At least you remembered it on time" she smiled.

"I'm really sorry for disturbing you" I bowed to her "I'll just go to the living room to finish my homework."

"Ok, but don't stay up too late!" she reminded as she went back under the covers.

I tiptoed out the hallway to void causing any more disturbance. When I reached the end of the stairs, I could see that the lights in the living room were still on.

"Chanshi!" Sehun beamed from the sofa "why are you still up?"

"Umm, I forgot to do my homework" I rubbed the back of my head. "How about you, oppa?"

He shrugged. "For some reason, I can't sleep. So I just came here to watch TV."

"And Chanyeol-oppa?" I inquired.

"Sleeping so heavily like a whale left onshore by the lowtide" he answered.

I laughed and proceeded to the center table and laid my notebook on it. The sounds from the television suddenly disappeared. I looked up to check what happened.

"You won't be able to concentrate with it on" Sehun pointed out. I nodded and continued to read the problems written on the page. The digits began to swirl in my head again. Why must Math be so mean to me? Here I am struggling while there are other geniuses who know these formulas like the back of their hands. Just like Sehun.

Yes, just like him! I suddenly recalled that time when he helped me with my homework. I looked up to check what he's doing. His gaze was traveling the room, probably occupying himself since he can't watch the TV now.

I returned my attention to my notebook.

No, I'm not going to ask him for help. I can do this. Yeah, I'm an independent woman. Chanshi hwaiting!

With furious concentration, I wrote a very long solution on one side of the page. Now that I'm getting the hang of it, the numbers are starting to make sense. I brushed off the hair that kept on falling in front of my face before encircling my answer to the first problem.

Alright, one down, two to go. I hurriedly twirled the strands of hair that once again fell to the side of my face, obstructing my view of the page. Then I turned the notebook's leaf to begin answering another problem.

Again, my hair fell to my face. Aish. Before I could brush it off, a pair of hands scooped my hair and collected it at the back. Sehun carefully set it into a ponytail. I blinked at him in surprise.

"That's my mom's, but she won't mind you using it. Your hair keeps on falling and it probably distracts you. I guess there's a good reason why I can't sleep then." he said with his unique eye-smile.

"Th-thank you" I muttered. His tiny act of concern left me dumbfounded.

I hit my cheeks with my palms to wake my senses up and proceeded with the rest of my homework.

"So if these angles are complementary and this one is parallel to this then theta is..." I mumbled. From the corner of my eye, I could see Sehun standing up from the sofa and occupying the area on the floor behind me. "Theta is...theta is..." I desperately googled my brain for an answer.

"24 degrees" Sehun whispered as he hugged me from the back and placed his head on my shoulder. "24" he repeated.

I punched some numbers on my calculator to check the answer and of course, he was right about it.
So much for being an independent woman. I tried to hide my smile and leaned my head on his. "Gomawoyo, oppa."

Math was starting to become my favorite subject. I picked up my pen to proceed to the next problem.

"Chanshi dear, it's getting late. Are you done with--" I heard Sehun's mom say before she gasped. Sehun and I immediately stood up and spun around. Uh oh. She doesn't know about me and Sehun, does she?

"Umma," Sehun began "I can explain."