Chapter 54

Sehun is my...what?!

I read a comment wanting Sehun to be fluffing with Chanshi...

This is for all the lovely shippers <3


"Sehun-oppa" I nudged him with my elbow carefully.

He remained pouting and unmoving from his position, casually crosslegged on a dangerously sloped rooftop.

"Sehunnie" I tried to catch his attention using the pet name his mother uses on him.

It did catch his attention for a bit, because his eyebrows slightly twitched.

"Sehunnie.."

"Sehunnie..."

"Sehunnie~" I cooed.

"Oh dear," he exhaled audibly but muttered silently, "is this the reality I wanted?"

"I really didn't mean to look at your scrapbook. Like I've been telling you these past fifteen minutes, your mom insisted" I explained, thinking that he was upset about that.

"No, no, it's not that..." he mumbled, "it's just that only umma calls me Sehunnie...unless it's your brother trying to annoy me."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I bit on my lip, "it just sort of stuck to me and I was hoping to get your attention."

"You did."

"I promise I won't call you that again" I assured him.

"What?! No! And to think I've heard you say Lu Hannie" he huffed, the fog in the air visible from his breath.

"Wait, I'm totally not understanding anything" I tilted my head to one side. What does Lu Han have to do with this?

"Just...forget what I said" he sighed as he hugged his knees to his chest and gazed up at the stars.

Lu Hannie. Could it be that...maybe. It's quite childish though if you'll ask me. Sehun sure is one jealous boyfriend. I should test the hypothesis.

"Sehunnie~" I said in the sweetest tone I could manage.

His shoulders abruptly shook up and he turned to me wide-eyed.

"Yes?" he feigned nonchalance, his eyebrows twitching in an odd manner again.

I chuckled. "Gotcha...Sehunnie."

"I don't want you to call me that" he said and I found myself sadly pouting in response.

"I mean, it's a nickname from my mom. You should be calling me something that only you would do" he eye-smiled, and I tried to collect the pool of my melted self.

"I-is that so..." I stammered. I see that my guess was right. He was jealous of the nicknames I've been giving Xiao Lu Beijing Man Lu Hannie Lulu Lu Han. But now I'm not so sure if I wanted to be right. I was quiet for a long time, not knowing how to react to the situation I put myself into.

"We used to do this with Chanyeol often when we were kids" Sehun broke the silence.

My eyes widened. "And our parents just let us go here with the risk of their children plummeting to their deaths?!" I asked as I looked down from the roof. I could see their front lawn, and the distance was nauseating and scary. Not that I was afraid of heights.

"Of course only when we were of the right age to take care of ourselves," he chuckled, "You were never afraid of heights before. Why ask that now?"

"It's not that I'm scared of heights. I just don't like unsafe heights. I fell of a rooftop, remember?" I told him as I pointed to my head with my left hand. For an instant, I wanted to ask him about that incident but decided against it since it would probably ruin the atmosphere.

The weight of his hand being placed on top of my right one was a relaxing warmth.

"Don't be afraid. I won't let you fall" he whispered.

Then don't let me fall, Oh Sehun. I had said that once when he was carrying me out of the hospital. Now it seemed to have a different connotation, and his manner of whispering those words wasn't helping me think any straighter.

"You already made me fall..." I whispered back, burying my head in my arms.

"What did you say?" he asked, causing me to perk my head back up.

"Nothing!" I beamed rather too cheerfully, making my baffled state obvious as a red apple on a snow bed.

I decided on tracing the constellation paths of the stars.

"What would you like me to call you anyway, Sehun-oppa?" I asked, not removing my gaze from the twinkling stars.

"What do you mean?" he blinked innocently.

I grinned for a bit, amused at what I could see of his expression from the corner of my eye.

"I know what you meant by me calling Lu Hannie now" I said, still trying to form figures in the night sky.

"I don't know what you're--"

"Do you like...jagiya? Sweetie pie?" I . When I realized that he wasn't answering, I thought that he might have taken it too seriously, being the serious Sehun that he is. I turned to check his reaction, and I don't know if it's just an effect of the dim lighting, but his cheeks seem flushed.

I carefully scooted beside him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"What I mean is...I'm sorry if I've been giving nicknames to Lu Han. I guess friends just really do that sometimes to make fun of each other" I chuckled.

"Do you really think I'm that childish to worry about that?" he challenged.

"Nope. You're not childish. You're cute," I withdrew my head to look at him and pinch the bridge of his nose playfully, "and I think that's cute so there's no need to hide it from me."

"You're one weird girlfriend" he remarked as he did the same to my nose.

I laughed and put his hand down with mine. "Yes, I knew that already."

We fell silent for some time, just marveling the night lights -- the glow of street lamps from far away, the lights from buildings, the stars, and the almost full moon.

"So bright" I heard Sehun mumble.

"Yeah, they are. And it's quite breathtaking. I realize now why we always went up here as kids" I smiled as I inhaled the cool, fresh air.

"No matter how dark the night may be, they're always here to brighten it up" he muttered peacefully. I was surprised at the sudden deepness of his words, but coming from Sehun, it seemed like a natural thing to say.

"Well, I know something that brightens up everything with its presence even better than all of these lights do combined" I bragged.

"The sun?" he answered with a raised brow. It was too obvious.

"You're right...but wrong at the same time" I grinned sheepishly.

"Then what is it?" he asked, but I ignored his question.

"I've found just the nickname for you!" I said, poking his cheek with my finger.

"But you haven't answered my question" he pouted.

"Only if you ask me the nickname first" I said.

"What is it?" he complied.

"Se...se..."

"Not Sehunnie, please" he held his hands out.

"No it isn't Sehunnie" I grinned.

"What then...Se...y?" he joked with an adorable laugh.

"As if!" I huffed, though my cheeks were already reddening.

"I was just kidding!" he said as he poked my side, causing me to flinch and laugh along with him and so I attacked his side in the same way.

"What is it then?" he asked after our laughter finally died down.

I turned to him and smiled, though not as brightly as he would. That smile on his face would never fail to bring light to even the darkest crevices.

"Senshine."

 


In case some of you don't know, Senshine or Senshine Maknae is one of Sehun's actual nicknames^^ Actually, most of the things I put here are based on real life because I research like crazy first before I start writing a story >_<

 

And I'm thinking of starting the new fic that I was hinting about. But...I don't know. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time for it. But I really want to write it though. And I even have two separate fic ideas already >_< Ah, whatever. Oh, forgive this author. I'm such a mess. Hihi~

And please also forgive me because I won't be updating for quite some time. Y'know, Christmas vacation!

Hope you all have very happy holidays and find your bias wrapped up so nicely in a gift box...

...or maybe not because that would be creepy~

I'll be back soon^^