Chapter 23

Sehun is my...what?!

The breeze was getting colder by the minute, yet I remained unmoving from the spot where Lu Han left me. I don't understand why, but it seems as though the feelings I'm having now are nothing new. They're like a force of habit. Like I've always felt them before but could not remember clearly enough when. Still, it's wrong, because I already have someone...

"So what's with the sudden invitation?" that someone called out.

I looked up and met Sehun's crescent eyes and cheerful smile.

"Sehun-oppa" I greeted. "Well, like I said in the message, I need your help." Actually, the message wasn't from me. It was from Chanyeol. He only used my phone to pretend that it was me asking Sehun out.

"And we're here because?" he asked while eyeing the busy shopping district.

"I wanted to buy Chanyeol-oppa something as a sign of gratitude for always taking care of me," I lied "and I heard that the two of you wear the same size so..."

Sehun nodded in understanding. "But why so sudden and late in the evening?"

"Oppa is out tonight, so it's the only chance I have to buy a gift without him suspecting anything" I continued, faithful to the script that Chanyeol had instructed me to follow.

"Then let's hurry before he gets home!" Sehun grabbed my hand to walk away.

As we were strolling and surveying the store windows, an even colder gust of wind made me shiver involuntarily.

"Are you ok? You can take my coat" Sehun asked, his smile having disappeared.

"N-no, I-I'm fine. Thanks anyway" I replied with chattering teeth.

Sehun facepalmed himself as he shook his head. "I should have brought my car so that you don't need to walk in this weather."

"Now that you mention it, I didn't notice that you didn't bring your car" I mused.

"Oh that, I..uh...wanted to walk with...I mean...wanted to walk to get some fresh air" he explained.

I nodded, though I didn't really hear his reply very well. My eyes were unconsciously wandering to his face and memorizing every movement he made when he blinked, exhaled, and chewed on his lower lip anxiously. And as I watched these, I smiled.

My thoughts suddenly came in a rush. Just a while ago, I had been dying inside as I watched Lu Han walk away. But now that I'm with Sehun, it's like it never mattered. It's like even just the little dimple on his cheek already makes me want to smile and forget everything. Everything else in the world. Well, I actually have forgotten everything. But it seems as though it doesn't matter whether I get my memories of the past back. What's more important is right now...Sehun is with me right now.

Have I always been like this around him before? Why does his mere presence confuse me so much?

"Is something bothering you?" Sehun asked while pointing to his forehead. I realized that mine had serious creases on it from overthinking.

"Ah, I was just wondering what I should get for my brother" I replied as an excuse.

"How about we check out that store?" he pointed to one nearby with a wide display of clothes and shoes.

Sehun patiently and silently followed me all around the store as I skimmed the racks for a nice top. This is harder than I thought. I have no idea what would be good enough.

"Sehun-oppa" I called to him who stood just behind me "can you give me a guy's opinion please? If you were the one picking out clothes, what kind of style would you personally prefer?"

He tapped his chin twice and raised his brows. "Just something comfortable, but with a bold statement that would turn heads."

"Ah" was all I could say. It was too complicated. It's so much easier to describe a girl's taste. Frilly skirts, hanging tops...but for a guy it would be "something comfortable, but with a bold statement". Can't they be more specific?

I continued to walk through the huge store to try to make sense of Sehun's description. Suddenly, a certain something caught my eye.


"What do you think of this?" I held the shirt by the hanger and lifted it up to his line of vision.

He studied it for a few seconds with his Serious Sehun face and nodded. "Simple, yet interesting. That's exactly what I meant. It's nice...but I don't think it would suit your brother."

"Why not?" I tilted my head.

"Creepy Psycho would suit him better" he joked with a chuckle. I lightly punched him on the arm as I always do. "Hey, that's my brother we're talking about!"

And it's not for him, babo.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" he raised both hands in front of his face, with his eyes still in the form of slits from laughing like a kid.

I pouted. "I already want to get this one. Please try it out, Sehunnie-oppa."

He quit laughing and had a bewildered yet amused face. "Sehunnie?" he laughed one last time before taking the shirt and proceeding to the fitting rooms.

Only a minute has passed when Sehun emerged from the cubicle wearing the shirt I had picked out.

"How is it?" he asked, fixing his ruffled hair.

"You look great!" I exclaimed.

"I look great?" Sehun smiled playfully.

"I mean the shirt. It looks great" I defended. That caught me off guard. Seriously, Chanshi. Watch your mouth. Else you'd end up blurting out everything that you were thinking about a while ago.

"Let's just go pay for that" I stuck my tongue out before turning on my heels to avoid looking at the handsome devil.

"So you're gonna go home now?" Sehun asked as the cashier handed the paper bag with the shirt in it.

"Umm..." I mumbled as I tried to recall what Chanyeol had told me about bringing Sehun to the noraebang. He didn't say anything about that part. I need to improvise. "Chanyeol-oppa messaged me and said that he's also in the area. I'm thinking of giving this to him now." I motioned to the bag in my hand.

"But you're gonna see each other at home anyway" Sehun stated the obvious flaw in my excuse.

"Well, I have nothing to do at home since I'll be alone so I might as well spend time outside" I reasoned.

"I'll go with you then. It's a bit late for you to walk alone" he answered. Yes! It worked. That's actually the point, Sehunnie.

We walked to the area where the noraebangs thrive in. There were a lot of youngsters loitering around, probably waiting for vacant rooms. A lot of them were staring at my cast. I was scanning the signages when my view was blocked by Sehun's chest. At first I couldn't comprehend why he was suddenly wearing only a wifebeater, but understood when I felt him tie his coat around my waist. It fell longer than the skirt I was wearing. Then he placed a protective arm across my shoulder as we passed by a group of guys about my age.

"Ah!" I exclaimed, pointing to the signage at the last noraebang in the row. "That's it."

Sehun managed to squeeze a small smile into his current serious face as he held the door open for me.

"Hey, you're Chanyeollie's sister! Come in, I'll lead you to the VIP room" squeaked the lady at the front desk. Chanyeollie. Chanyeollie. If only this were not for Sehun's birthday, I would...aish.

"VIP room?" Sehun had a questioning look on his face.

"Oh hi~" she smiled at Sehun. What on earth is wrong with this woman? Does she treat every guy she meets like this?

I grabbed Sehun's hand and gripped on it tightly with my fingers. "Can you please show the way for me and my boyfriend?" I stressed the last word on purpose and felt Sehun stiffen at my side in reaction to it.

The girl's huge grin disappeared and without another word, she pointed to the way we must take. Sehun still seemed a bit stiff. Omo, was that too bold of me?

"I-I'm sorry! I was just getting irritated at her already. First, she flirts with my brother like there is no tomorrow and then now..." I explained, but was unable to finish. It would be embarassing to tell him about what I think.

"Then now...what?" Sehun probed with an eyebrow raised in amusement and stifled laughter.

I sighed. This is the second time he had caught me off guard tonight. Hah. I'll get my revenge in a while. Let's see Sehun surprised this time, shall we? And with that, I swung open the door of the VIP room.

I watched his face turn into a jigsaw puzzle as we greeted in unison.

"Belated happy birthday, Sehun!"