Chapter 41

Sehun is my...what?!

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Actually, I hate to say this, but I might not be able to update very quickly for a period of time. It's because I'm going on a vacation. But don't worry! When I get back, I'll be updating regularly just like before. Thank you for your patience!


"Freedoooom!" I yelled excitedly as I exited the hospital. A few passersby looked towards my direction, possibly taking me for a mental patient.

"Ssssh," Chanyeol covered my mouth and grinned at the people innocently, "they think you're insane."

I wiggled away from his grip. "Try being in a cast for weeks. You'll probably go insane too. Remember, no dancing."

He pondered on it for a moment and tapped my head, "Still, don't stress yourself out."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Race you to the subway station!" I said before dashing through the sidewalk. Chanyeol caught up to me just by walking. Curse those long legs.

"You were saying?" he teased.

"Only because you're a giant" I pouted.


"Xiao Lu!" I beamed across the cafeteria. I skipped to the other side to meet Lu Han.
 
"Chanshi," he smiled "your cast is gone."
 
I nodded. "Freedom at last!"
 
He took my right hand and twirled me like a ballerina. "Congratulations!"
 
"Ahem" someone coughed very conspicuously. I turned around to face my brother with his best friend.
 
"Oppa!" I grinned with tiny jumps.
 
"We were just together a while ago. Why so excited to see me?" Chanyeol replied.
 
I playfully hit him on the arm. "Not you." I turned to Sehun gave him a huge hug.
 
"Sehun-oppa, do you have a fever? Aren't you supposed to recover today too?" I asked worriedly as I noticed the redness of his face. I was about to put my hand on his forehead to check his temperature when he grabbed it with his own.
 
"I'm fine. How about you? You seem happy" he said as he put my hand to his lips. Before I could even react, Chanyeol bit Sehun's arm making my hand fall back.
 
"Ya! Are you a dog?" he yelled at my brother as he rubbed his arm.
 
"No. I'm an overprotective brother" Chanyeol proudly proclaimed.
 
Lu Han and I watched the scene quietly. Then after a few good seconds, we ended up in laughter, mine loud as a screeching witch and his as soft as my teddybear back at home. Don't judge me. You'll end up with laughter like this too if you live under the same roof as Chanyeol.
 
"How come you didn't bite Lu Han when he was twirling her around?" Sehun argued.
 
"That's waaaay different from what you were trying to do" my brother retorted.
 
"I wasn't doing anything!"
 
"Oh yes you were!"
 
"And so what if I was? I'm Chanshi's boyfriend" Sehun crossed his arms.
 
Chanyeol's jaws dropped. A giddy look crossed his face and he grinned as if he liked exactly what he heard.
 
"Yes!" he pumped his fist in victory. "That's it, bro! Good job!" he flung his arm around the bewildered Sehun's shoulder and gave a thumbs up.
 
Feeling equally weirded out by what was happening, I subtly reached for Lu Han's arm and slowly dragged him away. I felt relieved that I didn't hear any objections on our departure. All I heard was my brother's giggles. Chanyeol's...giggles. My brain failed to process this.
 
"Oh by the way Chanshi," Lu Han broke the ice as we walked to a nearby food stall, "you missed out on the big news while you were away."
 
"Hmm? What news?" I perked up.
 
"The annual ball's next week already" he said.
 
"Ball? You mean that junior-senior prom thingy?"
 
Lu Han chuckled. "Yes, it's that prom thingy."
 
"Ah," I said as I placed a sandwich on my tray, "have I been to one already? My only memory is that from the TV dramas."
 
"Silly," he poked my forehead, "it's for juniors and seniors so this year will be our first ball."
 
"So it's the one that goes where...you need a partner thingy..." I mumbled as we sat down and I nibbled on the sandwich.
 
"Yes, it's that thingy...again," he chuckled, "you don't seem as excited as the other girls in class. You wouldn't imagine the noise this morning. It's like an atomic bomb went off with all of the uproar."
 
"Well I don't get what's so exciting about it. They just slow-dance all night. I like popping, not waltzing," I shrugged, "are you going?"
 
It was his turn to shrug. "Not sure. Just like you, I'm also not very fond of parties."
 
"Loner" I teased.
 
"How about you? Are you attending?" he smiled.
 
"I don't know either" I said in between chews.
 
"But then who will be Sehun-sunbae's partner if you don't go?" he asked.
 
I looked up from my food and saw from my peripheral vision that Sehun and my brother were just within earshot of our conversation. Aha. A funny idea came to my mind and I stifled my laughter.
 
"Sehun-oppa's partner? What does that have to do with me?" I said in a louder volume.
 
"The two of you are together so you should be partners, right?" Lu Han pointed out.
 
I slightly titled my head to the right to get a better view of Sehun. As expected, he was paying attention to the conversation.
 
"Huh? No. He didn't ask me to be his partner yet" I tried to say with as much nonchalance as I could muster. Inside, I was highly intrigued about how he would react. Sehun makes the cutest expressions.
 
"Say, Lu Han..." I began.
 
"...why don't you just be my date to the ball!" I grinned and he stared back blankly.
 
"NO! ANDWAE, ANDWAE. WAIT!" I heard a voice yell and everyone ended up looking at our direction. The next thing I knew, someone was on one bended knee in front of our table much to the shock of everyone in the cafeteria, especially me.
 
"No no no, please don't do this. I-I-I was just looking for a nice timing and-and-and..." he stuttered in panic, his puppy eyes blinking rapidly at the same rate as his hurried speech.
 
"Sehun-oppa! What--"
 
"Chanshi" Sehun said as he looked around the surroundings, seemingly surprised at his own actions. Then he exhaled deeply, took my hand, and locked his gaze with mine. "Chanshi, will you...be my partner?"
 
"For what?" I feigned innocence.
 
"For the rest of my life" he answered.
 
"What?!" I exclaimed at the puzzling man before me.
 
"No, no, I was kidding! I mean, no! I'm not kidding that I want you to be with me forever but what I was really asking was-" he started to panic again.
 
I could hear girls squealing in the background. This is causing too much of a scene already that I don't know how to feel. I shut my eyes tightly in embarassment.
 
"What I really meant was," Sehun continued, making me reopen my eyes to return his gaze, "on prom night...please be mine."