Chapter 22

Sehun is my...what?!

Have you seen Lu Han's performance with BoA today? Honestly, I haven't...and I'm not planning to watch it for as long as I live *sobs* Hahaha! can you sense this author's overwhelming jealousy? I think I'm going to die if I watched that. So jealous jealous jealous~ TT_TT

Brb. Contemplating on reason for existence...Gluing back my irreparable fangirl heart...Mopping tears on the floor...

Ok, sorry. I'll stop ranting. Mian~ @_@


Dress or skirt? Dark blue or powder blue? Or carnation pink?
I've been spending the entire morning ravaging my closet for an outfit that would look good enough, yet not to make me look like I prepared for hours. Well, I did.

"Good morni-whoa! What're all these?" Chanyeol exclaimed as he removed the shirt covering his face. I took it from him and grinned. "Sorry."

He chuckled at the mess I made of our room. It's his first time to sleep here again, yet he wakes up with my clothes on his face. "Can't decide what to wear, little angel?" he teased. I pouted but nodded in defeat. He ruffled his bed hair and went in front of my closet.

"You know what," Chanyeol began as he scanned the clothes "anything would do. Sehun wouldn't mind."

I chewed on my lower lip. I hadn't told my brother that there's someone else I'm meeting today. Not knowing how to explain it yet, I hurriedly took out a random outfit from the closet and hung it on the doorknob before leaving to take a shower, or better yet to evade the topic.

I made some breakfast for me and Chanyeol and we spent the morning watching TV as he explained the genius plan that he and Kai devised for tonight. I just kept on nodding to whatever he said, distracted from watching the clock intensely. The moment it struck five, I stood up abruptly from my seat and marched to my bedroom. I put on the outfit that I found this morning. It looked horrible next to my cast, but at least I could move freely. Then I spent a good twenty minutes staring at my face at the mirror, wondering whether I should put makeup on or not. I decided against it. Like I said, I'm trying to look unprepared.

This is it. Lu Han would be here in a few minutes. I should tell Chanyeol where I'm headed to. I slowly crept to the living room and plopped myself on the couch beside him. His vision shifted from the television to me, looking at me from top to toe.


"What are you doing prepared so early? The party won't start until a few hours from now" he asked in a confused tone.

"I'mgoingoutwithLuHantoday" I quickly blurted out. It took him a while to process what I said, but his eyes rounded at the realization.

"What?! Today? Why? How about the party?" he started to freaking out.

"Calm down, oppa. I'll be there on time and I promise to do my mission well" I explained.

His eyebrows kept on twitching as he eyed my cast. Then he let out a shaky breath before nodding. "Don't be late, ok?" he asked now calm. I nodded happily. As if on cue, I heard gentle raps on the door. I gave my brother a quick hug and turned to meet Lu Han. I suddenly felt conscious about whether my outfit was too plain or if my skirt was too short. I inhaled as much air as I could and smoothed out my hair strands before opening the door.

"Hello!" Lu Han greeted with his angelic smile. He deserved my name more than I do. I would mistake him for an angel anytime.

"H-hi! Where are we off to?" I crookedly smiled, still in a daze.

"Myeongdong" he answered as we started walking away. I turned to glance at my house and saw Chanyeol by the door with a disapproving look on his face, but he grinned and waved goodbye when he saw me looking. I waved back and took my leave with my friend.

We took the bus to Myeongdong. Perfect. It would take me less time to get to Sehun's party since it's in the same area. Lu Han paused in front of a certain store and I stopped in my tracks as well.


"We're here!" he chimed as he opened the door for me. We sat on a cute and comfy booth.

A giggle escaped from me and Lu Han looked at me inquisitively.

"You like Hello Kitty?" I asked.

Surprisingly, he nodded. "Who wouldn't? Don't you?" he smiled that sweet one again. One that wouldn't make you give a care about whether he liked Hello Kitty or pink anymore. My eyes drifted to the design print on his shirt. It was Donald Duck. I nodded to myself. It's credible that he does like cartoon characters for kids. Actually, I do like Hello Kitty too. This place is perfect. Everything about today is.

We ordered some food and feasted on the gelatin dessert shaped as Sanrio characters. We finished at around 8PM and walked out into the evening streets of Myeongdong.

"Thank you," he began "for coming with me today. I really appreciate it."

"Anytime" I smiled

"No, really. Thank you. It's a special day for me, you know" he said as he looked up at the stars in the sky.

I turned to him with a questioning look and he chuckled. "It's my birthday today" he said.

My eyes rounded and I slapped his arm playfully. "Why didn't you tell me? You know I have amnesia so I wouldn't remember it by myself. I could have bought you a gift!" I complained.

"But you did give me a gift," he smiled "you spent the day with me even without knowing that it was my birthday." Of course I would. Do you have any idea how long I took to pick out an outfit for this? Any day with Lu Han is special.

I smiled and we continued to stroll through the district.

"You know what," I mused "you and Sehun-oppa are both celebrating your birthdays this month."

"Really?" he beamed.

I nodded. "It was his birthday two weeks ago, but he didn't celebrate because I was in the hospital so we're celebrating later." Oh no. I shouldn't have said that. He might tell me to leave and I won't get to spend more time with him. I pouted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take you away! I didn't know Sehun-sunbae was having a party today." Just as I thought.

"No, no it's ok. It's actually a surprise party. He still has no clue about it" I explained.

"You should get going then. You wouldn't want to miss it" he said as he held me by the shoulders.

But I don't want to leave you.

"I still have time before I need to meet him" I argued.

"No, it's alright. I've taken too much of your time already. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can be selfish," he answered "C'mon, I'll walk with you to where you're meeting Sehun-sunbae"

My arms fell limp. I really didn't want to leave yet. We walked in silence, gazing at the stars. He was looking at the ones in the sky. I was looking at the one beside me. It was twinkling so beautifully. So near, yet so far away.

"We're here" he said for the second time today. I looked up to see the signage of the cafe that Chanyeol had told me to go to. The walk ended faster than I wanted it to.

"I should get going now. You wouldn't want your boyfriend seeing you with someone else on his birthday party" he joked with a chuckle. I tried to think of an excuse to make him stay, but found none. I nodded in defeat.

"Thank you again" he whispered. Lu Han planted a gentle kiss on my forehead before turning to leave.

"L-Lu Han!" I called after him. He turned his head to face me with the usual soft smile on his face.

"Happy birthday."