Chapter 28

Sehun is my...what?!

I made my way to the classroom with a smile that never left my face. The weekend had been a blast so I woke up in a good mood.

"Annyeong, Chanshi" greeted Lu Han with his innocent smile.

"Good morning to you, Beijing Man" I beamed.

"Beijing Man" he repeated with a chuckle.

Soon after, our adviser arrived to give us a few reminders like he usually does in the morning before giving the floor to Kris-seonsaengnim. I had been participating well in class today and lunch break with Lu Han had been equally fun. However, my doom dawned upon me during Math period.

"H-homework?" I blinked. A worried expression spread across Lu Han's face.

"Yes, Ms. Park. Homework. I noticed you didn't submit one along with the others" the teacher said in a scrutinizing tone.

"I...I'm sorry but I forgot to do mine" I muttered.

"Forgot? Just because you have amnesia doesn't mean you're excused to forget even your responsibilities. You had the entire weekend to accomplish it!" he scolded as I bowed my head low. I didn't realize that once again, I had forgotten to do my Math homework. So much happened during the weekend that this one slipped my mind completely.

"Joesonghamnida seonsaengnim" I continued to apologize with a bow.

"You know what," he continued "you haven't been a really good student in Math and yet you have the leisure of slacking off. Detention after class. No club activities for you."

"What?!" I exclaimed. He shot me a glare and so I nodded and bowed deeply. I swear I'll get cramps on my back already if this goes on.

The thought of detention dampened my mood even though the last subject was my favorite. I kept silent during the entire discussion. When the dismissal bell rang, I shoved my things into my bag. Lu Han squeezed my arm to assure me and mouthed "it's gonna be ok". I waved goodbye to him and shuffled to the detention room.

"I've a meeting to attend to" said the person at the back of the desk as I handed my detention slip. Not even a hello?

"I'll be back as soon as it's time for you to go" she said plainly before locking the door from the outside.

I looked around the room. Great. I'm going to be stuck here alone and locked up. Is this really a detention room or a prison?

After twenty minutes of tapping my foot to pass the time, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Yeoboseyo" I answered with zero enthusiasm.

"Chanshi-ya, where are you? Why aren't you here in the studio yet?" came Chanyeol's voice.

"Umm.." I hesitated. Oppa will surely get mad. "Locked up in the detention room."

"MWO?!" he roared. I knew it. "What on earth are you doing there? Did you get into trouble?"

"I forgot to do my Math homework so my teacher got mad" I explained.

"What? That's too much of a punishment!" he exclaimed.

"I know," I sighed "but it's not like I can do anything about it. I am also at fault."

"Tell me the name of that teacher and I'll talk to the pri--JUST A MINUTE, TAEMIN-SEONSAENGNIM!" he heaved out a sigh. "Hey, Chanshi. I gotta go now. Are you gonna be alright there?"

"Ne, I'll be fine. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Ne~"

"Are you really, really sure?"

"Oppa! Mushroom-seonsaengnim will get mad at you. Go now~" I finally said.

He said his goodbyes before hanging up. Just a few minutes after, my phone vibrated again. I immediately picked it up without looking.

"Chanyeol-oppa," I scolded "I told you I'll be fine!"

"But you don't look fine" came an awkwardly deep voice.

"Huh? Who's this?" I inquired. A chuckle was heard at the other end of the phone.

"Man, it's so hard to imitate that giant's voice" said a familiar voice.

"Sehun-oppa?" I asked with rounded eyes.

"Oh, I'm glad you recognized my voice" he said.

I smiled inwardly. Of course I would, babo.

"So what did you call me up for?" I tried to sound indifferent to hide my glee.

"Well, I heard from Chanyeol that you're locked up alone in detention" he explained.

I nodded, then realizing he can't see it I answered "Yes, unfortunately. But it will only be for an hour and a half more so I'll get by."

"But you don't look fine" he repeated.

"No, I'm really oka--wait. I don't LOOK fine?" I asked. How can he possibly know that?

As if reading my mind, he answered. "If you turn around, maybe you'll find out."

I did as I was told and turned to face the huge glass panel window. I almost dropped my phone out of shock to see a set of hazel eyes looking back at me.

"Sehun-oppa!"