Chapter 45

Sehun is my...what?!

Wow, so many reactions about Trouble Maker in the comments section!^^ I'm suddenly getting excited to write too. Please wait for it. :D

Sorry it took a while. Author has been down with fever T_T Anyway...

Chanshi x Sehun shippers, while reading this chapter, please try to not throw rocks at me. Hahaha!


"Can you please stop tossing and turning? You're going to destroy the house" Chanyeol complained as he sat up from his bed.

"Talk about exaggeration, oppa" I sat up as well.

"Well, I can hear your bed frame creak each time you move and it's disturbing my slumber" he reasoned.

"And whose fault is it that my mind is so boggled up right now?" I retorted.

"Uhh," Chanyeol tapped his chin, "Sehun?"

I grabbed my pillow and threw it smack right onto his face. "Pabo. It's you. It's your fault. You and your ringtone!"

"But I already said sorry!" he pouted.

"That won't undo the situation, oppa. It's just...," I wiggled my hands as I tried to search for the words, "outrageous. I can't do it."

"But isn't it lucky that Sehun was assigned as your partner? That's better than that random guy who was thinking of kissing you. Gah, I could have crushed his neck on the spot" he said while demonstrating the action in the air.

"Sheesh, Chanyeol-oppa. You're scaring me" I feigned a look of shock.

"I'm an overprotective brother" he shrugged. That line again.

"With a lovely ringtone," I said with full sarcasm, "and before you murder our classmate, it wasn't his fault. Taemin-seonsaengnim gave him the cue to pretend to agree."

"Really?" he asked with pure innocence in his round eyes.



"Chanyeol-oppa," I sighed and facepalmed my self, "sometimes I'm not sure whether you're just trying to make me laugh or you're actually being naive to what's happening."

"No, I'm being honest. I didn't know. And I'm also honestly sorry that I put you in that situation" he defended with a hand to his chest to convey sincerity.

"Yeah, oppa. I know you mean it. Besides, except for that time when you claimed to be my boyfriend...which, now that I think about it is very creepy...you've never lied to me. Right, Chanyeol-oppa?" I smiled.

"Uhh...yeah" he stuttered and suddenly fell back on his bed, "I'm quite sleepy already. Good night, Chanshi!" I think I heard him yawn, but it sounded too dramatic to be a real one. Oh well, who knows? Maybe that's actually how he yawns. Chanyeol has his odd ways. Like how his breathing is extraordinarily loud and how he sniffles when he's about to fall asleep.

Sniffle.

There. I assume my brother is asleep now. But here I lie, still unable to sleep. I guess I'll go have a drink of water before I wake Chanyeol up again with my movements.

I crept up to the door and turned to look back at my bed. Then I walked back to retrieve Lulu from my bedside before going downstairs.

After chugging down a cool glass of water and another, I still didn't feel calm enough to go to bed. I decided to lounge on the living room sofa with Lulu smiling in my arms. Feeling bored and hoping to distract my thoughts, I turned the TV on.

"Cool! It's a program about dance hits. I'm going to love this" I grinned.

Ni nuneul bomyeon nan Trouble Maker~

"GAAAAH!" I shouted at the TV screen and pulled the plug.

"Aigoo, Lulu. Eotteokhae? Looks like I can't escape this ordeal" I pouted as I hugged the teddybear tightly.

"Lulu..." I mumbled as a thought crossed my mind. I fished my handphone out of my pocket and stared at my call history. If only I could talk to Lu Han right now, maybe I'll feel better. He never fails to comfort me.

As I stared at the screen, I realized that it's an ungodly hour to call anyone up and sighed in defeat. To my surprise, my phone started to vibrate. I picked the call up without checking the caller ID out of reflex.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Chanshi, I'm sorry to call up so late in the night" came Lu Han's voice. I would recognize that anywhere even without a caller ID and I smiled at the thought.

"No, it's perfectly fine. Actually, I was about to call you but I thought you might be asleep and get mad at me" I confessed.

"Really? Well, you can call me any time. I wouldn't mind" he answered.

"But of course you need to sleep an--"

"Then I'll wake up" he cut me off.

I laughed. As expected, my spirits were instantaneously lifted up again. "You're such a nice friend, Beijing Man."

"No, you are. Which is actually why I called, by the way. I realized that I didn't get the chance to thank you properly in school."

"For what?" I inquired. I don't remember doing anything special.

"For helping me in that worksheet" he reminded me.

"Oh, that. You've already thanked me for that, Lu Han. No worries. I'm happy to help" I assured him.

"No, really. Please let me return the favor" he persuaded.

"You're going to help me in Math?" I made a guess and I heard Lu Han chuckle.

"I was thinking of something else actually" he said.

"Hmm?"

"Let me take you out" he continued.

"I'm not food" I joked and thankfully he laughed at my lame attempt on a joke.

"You know what I mean. Let's go out again like that time during my birthday. That's if Sehun-sunbae wouldn't mind" his certainty seemed to waver at the last line.

"Aigoo, that Sehun-oppa" I hit my forehead as I was reminded of the things that he did today.

"Oh, would he get mad? It's ok, I understand" Lu Han mistook my words.

"No no no, I'd like to go out with you. It's just that the reason why I'm still up at this hour is because something about Sehun-oppa was bothering me" I explained.

"Did you two have a quarrel or something? Is it because of the proposal?"

"Aniyo, it's something else. I..." I didn't know how to continue.

"What is it?" he asked in that always friendly voice of his.

"I...I'm performing on behalf of the dance club for the ball next week" I began.

"Wow, that's great!" he cheered, "what's the problem with that then?"

"I...aigoo...I was assigned to dance Trouble Maker...with Sehun-oppa" I finished.

"Ah," said Lu Han, "that would be a bit awkward for you, I assume."

"Very" I corrected with a sigh.


LU HAN'S POV

"What can I do to make you feel better about this?" I asked through the phone.

"I don't know. Exist, maybe" she answered. Exist?

"I mean, you're already comforting me now just by calling me up. It gets my mind off things" she explained.

"Ah," I replied in understanding, "then how about I take your mind off things a little bit more. What can you say about our new Math teacher?"

"Oh, I like him" Chanshi replied and I found myself involuntarily chuckling in response.

"Not the way those creepy girls in class do! I just like the way he teaches and how he doesn't bite my head off unlike our previous professor" she quickly defended.

"I know, I know. Sorry I just can't help but laugh. The mental image of those giggling girls are just quite funny" I said.

"Exactly," she said, "how about you? What do you think of him?"

"I think he looks like baozi" I shrugged.

"What's baozi?"

"Remember that origami you made for me during lunch?" I reminded her.

"Oh, the bun! Right, right!" she chuckled, "aigoo, I'm laughing too much. Lulu fell off my lap."

"Lulu?"

"Yup! My teddybear Lulu" she clarified.

"Sounds like me to me" I said.

"Well, it has the same innocent-looking eyes as you...and it comforts me a lot when I'm feeling sad. Reminds me of you a lot" she explained.

"Why, thank you. You never said my eyes are innocent-looking" I teased.

"I'm just stating a fact," she laughed, "don't you have a mirror at home?"

"I don't. I just try to guess how I look like in the morning before I go to school" I replied.

"Really?" she asked, sounding completely like her brother -- innocent like a child.

"Of course not. I was just trying to make you laugh" I chuckled.

"Well, you succeeded," she laughed heartily, "thanks, Lu Han."

"For what?" It was my turn to ask.

"For making me smile and even laugh. I feel better now" she replied.

"Will you be able to sleep nicely now?" I asked.

"Hmm," she pondered on it for a moment, "I guess."

"Let me make it sure. Go grab Lulu" I told her.

"Huh?"

But before she could inquire any further, I started to sing the first words of Angel.

Pure, like the innocence of a child who doesn’t know better
Born in this beautiful moment


"Are you going to sing me to sleep, Lu Han?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Ssssh" I said before continuing the rest of the song.

Eyes, closing and opening again, afraid this is only a dream
Not wanting to let go, I stand before you honestly, wishing for your attention


After I finished the last line, I noticed that it seemed like she was asleep already.

"Good night, Chanshi" I whispered before hanging up.

I turned to my left and looked at the origami on top of the bedside table.


"Good night, angel."