Chapter 51

Sehun is my...what?!

The ride had been a quiet one until Sehun gave a suggestion that sparked the atmosphere up.

"You know what," he suddenly spoke, startling me from my focus on the view outside, "why don't we just skip the ball."

I shifted in my seat to look at him. "What do you mean skip?"

"As in, let's not go anymore" he shrugged.

"Why not?" I asked, not because I was excited to go but because I was curious of how he thought of the idea out of the blue.

"Well, I think...you don't want to do the performance, right?" he said as he moved the steering wheel.

I didn't have to think of my answer. "Definitely."

"So it makes sense that we skip it" he pointed out.

"But how about seonsaengnim? He might give me a failing mark" I pouted.

"He isn't really that type of person. Most probably he'll make you do an alternative requirement in class," he explained, "and I'll tell him that it was all my idea, in case he gets mad."

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. "He will get mad of course! And you want him to get mad at you?"

"Of course not. But if it would help you get out of this Trouble Maker situation, then what's a few scoldings? So what do you think?" he briefly faced me with his adorable eye-smile.

The smile did it. I bit my lower lip to keep myself from laughing and showed him a thumbs-up.

He acknowledged it with a grin and faced front to continue driving.

"So where are we going now?" I found myself asking.

"Hmm," he shrugged, "I don't really know."

"Are we supposed to go home?" I asked.

"Then all of the preparation would be a waste. How about we just drive through Seoul?" he said.

"Then that would be a waste of gasoline" was my reply, which caused him to chuckle.

"Alright, no driving around. Let's just go somewhere then" he said.

"Do you have a place in mind?"

"Maybe" he said, as he checked his watch and accelerated the car.

Soon I caught glimpse of colored lights in the distance.



"Wow~" I said as we drove nearer. The car came to a stop and I unbuckled my seat belt, taking the cue that we're supposed to alight.

"We arrived on time!" Sehun rejoiced as he checked his watch again and looked at the fountain lights show that had just started.

"Let's go!" I mused like an excited puppy and unlocked my door to get out.

"Wait," he said while reaching for something on the back seat, "wear this."

He handed me a long trench coat. "It's my mom's. I borrowed it from her because I..uh...thought that you'll need it because your costume would be uncomfortable."

I smiled at his thoughtfulness and eased into the coat. "Thank you, Sehun-oppa."

We walked along the bridge as the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain's 20-minute water and lights show played, leaving soft drizzles that can be barely felt on my face. A lot of people have also gathered to enjoy the scene.

"It's so beautiful!" I said, while making tiny jumps.

"Be careful," Sehun smiled as he steadied me in place, "you might get a sprain if you fall with those heels."

The sight had made me forget that I was wearing 5-inch stilettos. The warm coat had hidden away my short dress, making me feel like I was casually dressed for a walk in the park.

"Sorry. I just got carried away because the view is really wonderful" I said.

"It is quite scenic, isn't it? Like a setting for movies" he remarked.

"Or for a TV drama" I added.

"Yes," Sehun's tone changed and seemed to be implying something, "like for scenes when the main characters confess to each other."

I noticed that change in tone and gave him an accusing look.

"You know, unlike confessing in a...hmm...car, perhaps?" he teased.

Heat crept up my cheeks as he made fun of the earlier incident. Actually, I didn't realize what I had said until it was over with. I thought I was only saying it in my mind as I was intently watching his face. Turns out I had been thinking out loud. I meant it though.

"Are you mocking me?" I decided to play.

"Huh?" he feigned innocence, "I was just giving an imaginary example."

"Yeah," I nodded, "also like confessing in the living room in front of your mom...or maybe kneeling in the middle of the cafeteria for everyone to see!"

His face had a look of surprise and I knew I had won.

"Alright, you win. I choose really bad venues" he said with his hands up.

"This one is nice though" I said as I watched the last few remains of the lights become engulfed in the night.

"Is it?" he mused as he made a step closer. "Then, Chanshi," he said as he took my hands in his, "I..."

I smiled as I watched his earnest eyes. His irises reflected the moonlight, just like that time in Myeongdong. I thought that was only a computer-generated effect they do on TV, but here were Oh Sehun's eyes and they were beautiful.

"But it's too cliche for confessions" I joked with a grin.

"Again." he chuckled as we began to walk further into the bridge. "Don't worry, I'll find a unique place next time."

I smiled back and continued to walk slowly. Suddenly, I felt that my stance was becoming uneven. Snap. Soon enough, the heel of my right shoe broke.

"Even more cliche!" I pouted as I squatted to check the damage.

"I told you not to jump in them" Sehun said as he knelt down to inspect it too.

I removed both of my shoes and stood on the ground barefooted. Without the shoes, I looked even smaller beside Sehun. Why was I not blessed with the same genes as Chanyeol?

"I think we're gonna have to go back to the car now" I chuckled as I motioned to walk to the direction we came from.

"And you're going to walk like that? No way, the pavement's too cold! Just hop onto my back" he said as he shifted his back to face me.

I laughed. "What are we, Boys Over Flowers?" I said as I began to walk.

"You'll end up sick because of your regard for cliche," he commented as he caught up to my pace, "just wear my shoes then even only until we get to the car."

I shook my head. "No. I'll feel even worse if I let you do that for me. I'm not a princess."

"You're not," he agreed as he knelt down to remove his shoes and proceeded to walk without them, "you're an angel."

"That's just my name, oppa. But I'm just like everyone else. What are you doing anyway?" I panicked as soon as I realized that he was also walking without shoes.

"For better or for worse" he riddled.

"This is crazy" I remarked when I felt that he wouldn't listen to me if I tell him to put them back on. Good thing that it was quite dark so the people around won't notice us, even though Sehun's animal-print coat was a complete attention absorber.

"Yeah, it's crazy. But then let's just be crazy together" he chuckled as he took my arm to support me on our walk back together.