Chapter 12

Sehun is my...what?!

여러분 안녕! I just finished one of my exams, so I give you an update^^ This chapter will be text-heavy though. I apologize in advance if I bore you! It's quite necessary...to serve as a bridge to the next part of the story where Sehun is finally the "boyfriend" instead of Chanyeol (which I am excited for ㅋㅋㅋ). There will be a rather long monologue from Chanshi, because I think it would be weird if she just openly accepted Sehun, don't you think?


"Umm...oh! I need to go to the kitchen to get some water. The ramen's so spicy it's making me parched!" said Chanyeol as he stood up from his seat.

"I'm going with you. I'm...also thirsty" Sehun declared. He looked like he does need a glass of water with that pale face of his. Or maybe a pitcher.

My brother's confessions today had been surprising that I don't even know if they're real. Maybe I hit my head so hard that I fell into a coma and was just dreaming all of these. I twitched uneasily in my seat. The two were taking an unusually long time for a glass of water. Surely it wasn't that hard to pour.

"I'll go check on them" I stated, then began to shuffle out of my seat.

"N-NO!" Kai cried, "I mean...I'm sure they're fine. They're grown men so they can get the water by themselves...and oh, look! The consistency of the noodles is very firm and...uh, the soup is brilliantly red! You're good in cooking, Chanshi"

I raised an eyebrow at him as I slowly slid back to my seat. "It's just instant ramyun, Kai."


 



Several minutes passed but Chanyeol and Sehun still haven't returned from the kitchen. That was it. I rose from my seat, slamming my hands on the table. Kai jolted upright, surprised by my actions. As I took a step, Kai grabbed me by the wrist and exclaimed, "Oh look, Chanshi! I didn't know you had pretty decorations in your living room. Just look at that clay pot! Really nice. And did I mention that this soup is brilliantly red. You're a good --"

"Kai," I said sternly "you're making it more obvious that there's something wrong going on."

He opened his mouth as if to say something else, but ended up with a baffled expression instead. He seemed to be panicking, being at a loss for other words to distract me. Slowly, his grip on me loosened. I took this opportunity to march into the kitchen. However, I stopped in my tracks as I saw Chanyeol and Sehun enter the dining room to rejoin us.

The two remained standing. My brother was beaming like crazy like his usual self. And Sehun? Just like the first time I laid my eyes on him when I woke up in the hospital, he was serious Sehun. The silence was so thick I could almost put my hands in the air and grab out "awkward" from it.

"Where's your glass?" I asked Chanyeol plainly.

"Glass? Wha--oh! I finished all of the water because I was extremely thirsty" he explained.

"Lies. Again. I'm not that stupid. So what happened over there?" I said, this time with a serious tone. An I-mean-business-so-cut-the-crap-Chanyeol tone.

His smile wavered a little and he finally admitted, "Sehun and I were just discussing things out since, you know, I pretty much messed up your harmonious relationship because of my overprotectiveness. Sorry!" he beamed, as if it were nothing serious. Sometimes I think my brother needs a pat on the back. With a boat paddle.

The evening had turned too uncomfortable. I had no idea what to say anymore. Sure they teach you in kindergarten that when someone says 'thank you' the reply must be 'you're welcome' but how about 'Sehun is your real boyfriend'? What's the proper reply for that? I shifted my weight from one foot to the other as I contemplated on that useless question.

"It's getting late," Kai broke the silence "we should get going, right Sehun?"

Sehun merely nodded. He walked with Kai to the door. Before exiting, he paused to look at me and bowed slightly. His lips were pressed into a thin line. When I finally heard his car's engine roar, I let out a the breath that I didn't notice I had been holding.

"Chansh-"

"I'm tired" I cut Chanyeol and proceeded to my room. I didn't pull the tough act well though, having to lean on handrails for support since my leg hasn't gotten any better. When I got inside, I realized that the tough act was actually more of a stupid one. I forgot. It isn't my room. It's OUR room. I walked to my bed and threw myself on it. If Chanyeol comes in, I'll just pretend I'm sleeping. He never came though. Probably sleeping on the couch again tonight. Thank you. I need some time alone.

Aish! I forgot to clean the table! My poor brother.

The thought softened me a bit. Yes, I'm quite mad at Chanyeol for pulling up all the lies out of his magic hat one after the other. Now I have the feeling that he'll reveal another one any time soon. But he's my brother, the only person I seemed to have in my life before all of this mess. He probably has his reasons just like the ones he had for pretending to be my boyfriend. Alright. Chanyeol...check.

Next is Sehun. Would a real boyfriend ever allow that? I don't know. Maybe, if the reason were good enough. Or perhaps he trusts my brother that much because of their friendship that he was willing to sacrifice. Noo, that's too fairy-tale material.

But he didn't deny it either. If he isn't really my boyfriend, he would have been disgusted by what Chanyeol said and quickly defended himself. He didn't though. He just exited to the kitchen quietly. I wonder what they actually talked about in there.

Suddenly, a recent memory popped into my head. The dance with Sehun. He was really kind to do that. I never thought someone I'm barely close with would go to such an extent to comfort me. But maybe because we did know each other before? Because somehow, each step, each slide, and each twirl felt...right. Maybe he really is my boyfriend? Yes, that makes sense. No no it doesn't!

God, if my amnesia were not enough, now I'm turning bipolar too!

I looked up at the ceiling, searching for answers. Students always did that during recitation or exams. Maybe you can really find answers up there. Tss. Pabo. You just need some sleep to clear your thoughts.

 


Sleep and when you wake up, everything will be better. Lies. Again.