Chapter 58

Sehun is my...what?!

Hello! I'm really sorry that it took me a while to update. It's just that I was feeling quite depressed last week and I didn't want that to affect the quality of this story (since it's fluffy romantic comedy and all~)

Meanwhile, please restrain my feels...

Alright, back to the story~^^


"So that's what your 'little deer' clue meant" I pointed from afar as my vision seeped through the trees.

"Wow, the first you notice is the Deer Corral from far away instead of the actual name of the place" Lu Han teased as he pointed to the sign right in front of us.

I hit him on the arm for teasing me and we laughed as we entered the forest.

I stretched my arms outward as I walked in matching pace with Lu Han along the forest path.

"The breeze is so cool here!" I smiled.

"And it's very quiet too. So peaceful" he added.

We walked in silence for some time, marveling at the beauty of nature. It was not long until my feet finally felt worn out and I had to stop every now and then to rest.

"You seem tired. The path is very long so I can imagine. Let's rest first" Lu Han offered.

I nodded in superb agreement. Soon enough, we found a bench to rest on.

"Isn't this place just calming?" Lu Han commented as we took our seats.

"Yeah. Makes me wonder why you were so jumpy a while ago. It does not fit" I pointed out.

"Like I told you, I was just excited for our trip...but I'm sorry if it wasn't an exciting venue. It's just that..." he paused as he gently pushed the pile of leaves with his feet.

I adjusted my position to get a better view of him. His face had turned sullen.

"What is it, Beijing Man?" I asked worriedly.

"Exactly. Beijing" he laughed dryly.

"Hmm?"

"I just wanted to spend some more time with you during this weekend" he confessed.

"Your tone seems too serious, Lu Han. What is it?" I continued to prod him.

"Beijing. I'll be visiting Beijing next weekend. So I'll be gone for a while" he explained, looking at the sky with his eyes slightly squinting from the sun's bright rays.

"Oh" was all I could reply.

There was a moment of silence. Only the rustling of leaves beneath my feet and the chirping of birds can be heard. By other people. As for me, I could hear my own heart beat.

"What's China like?" I broke the silence.

"People say it's noisy and bustling, but for me it feels just like home," he turned to me with a smile, "perhaps if you visit you'll find out."

"Well I guess I'll be finding out soon then" I replied.

"Wh..what?" his doe eyes questioned.

"My mom called me up last night. She told me to come visit them there" I told him.

"When?"

"Anytime I wish to" I said.

Lu Han's eyes brightened. "Then we can go together!" he mused.

"Yeah, I guess that would be nice" I smiled weakly.

"Hey," he nudged me by the shoulder, "is there a problem?"

I tried to smile wider in denial, but failed. Instead, I huffed out my breath that I didn't realize I was holding.

"Umma told me that the purpose of my visit is for university tours. Because once I graduate from high school, we'll be staying in China for good" I explained.

"You're thinking of Sehun-sunbae, aren't you?" he suddenly asked to which my eyes widened.

"Huh? N-no. What does he have to do with the conversation?" I tried to cover up.

Lu Han merely chuckled. "He has everything to do with the conversation. I don't see any other reason why you would look that sullen at the thought of leaving Korea."

"You know me too well," I pinched Lu Han's cheek, "Aigoo...I just don't know how to feel about this. Of course I'd like to be with my parents but...I don't know."

"Don't stress yourself. Take your time in thinking about it" he stood up and offered his hand.

I took it and we strolled until we reached a bridge.

Lu Han stopped midway and turned to look at me with a smile.

"Chanshi," he began as he took my other free hand and held both firmly, "I know that what you're going through is tough."

I looked up at him and smiled. It was comforting to know that someone understands.

Then he continued, "But if you ever do find yourself in China in the future...

...please know that I'll be there for you."