Chapter 30

Sehun is my...what?!

"Good night, Chanyeol-oppa" I hollered from my side of the bedroom.

It had been a tiring day and detention had made it crazier. I've been waiting for this moment to finally get some shut-eye. Wait, do we have homework in Math for tomorrow? Nope. Good. Just checking. I don't want the professor biting my head off again. When I was sure that I've prepared everything for tomorrow's class, I closed my eyes to go visit dreamland.

I was jolted from my sleep in the middle of the night. My palms were covered in cold sweat and my breath was in shallow gasps. Slowly, I scrambled to the calendar on my bedside table. I squinted my eyes in the dark to check today's date. The digit was encircled with a red pen. Right. That explains the outrageous pain on my abdomen. I stumbled to the bathroom to do what I had to do.

I hurried back to plop down on my bed and curl into a fetal position. The pain was alleviated but was still excruciating. I think there are still some painkillers left in the kitchen cabinet downstairs. But I'm already too exhausted to move.

"Chanyeol-oppa" I called out in the dark, but my voice came out in a mere whisper. "Chanyeol-oppa!"

My efforts were futile. I tried to get up to get the medicine by myself, but the pain worsened and sent me back to the bed. Seeing that painkillers were an impossible option tonight, I stayed in my curled up position and bit my lower lip to distract myself from the pain. Maybe guys would never understand, but tears were already forming on the edges of my eyes. My sight landed on a teddybear beside my bed. I've seen it in the pictures in the album. I must have had it ever since I was young. I pulled it into a tight hug and buried my face on it's fur as I closed my eyes.


"Chanshi-ya, ireona! We're going to be late! Ireona!" I heard Chanyeol shout as he tapped my blanket. My eyes flew open.

"Omo! Look at the time! Let's go, let's go!" I said as I ran to the bathroom to freshen up. I wore my undershirt and skirt hastily as I ran back to the bedroom. Chanyeol held my blouse out and helped me into it. As I was about to exit our front door, he gently pulled me by the arm.

"Chanshi, what happened to your lip?" he asked. I absentmindedly touched my lower lip where I felt a scab. It must have been from biting on it last night to bear the pain.

"Oh nothing, I was just--
" I explained but stopped when Chanyeol suddenly left me alone in the living room. What the heck? I realized why when he returned from the kitchen with painkillers in his hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't wake up again, did I?" he murmured as he zipped my bag open to place the medicine inside. But he paused halfway.

"Are you sure you want to go to school today?" he asked with a worried expression.

"Why wouldn't I want to?" I tilted my head.

"Because your cramps are always crazy. You might want to just rest here at home" he said as if it were a usual thing to say.

How could he know me that well? I swear Chanyeol is the epitome of a brother.

"I'm fine, oppa. Besides, I'm not a star student nor a class representative to have the luxury of skipping classes very often" I explained.

He nodded, but his expression showed that he wasn't convinced. He proceeded to place the painkillers in my bag and zipped it shut.


"Based from the given angle in the problem, you can use the properties that you learned in geometry to identify the corresponding angles in this figure" the teacher droned on and on monotonously. As usual, he was talking to the board and not to the class.

"Please be done already. Please~" I mumbled the mantra to myself. I could feel my cramps coming back to life even though I had already taken the painkillers that Chanyeol gave me this morning. However, I couldn't afford to excuse myself from class and be dubbed a useless student again.

"Are you ok?" Lu Han whispered. I gave him a weak smile and nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Don't forget your homework! Especially you Ms. Park" the teacher said. I bowed in response. He arrogantly left and the floor was soon taken by our cheerful Chemistry teacher. He wasted no time and began drawing chemical structures on the board. I tried to focus as best as I can but the pain was blurring my vision.

"Ms. Park, are you feeling sick?" the teacher asked in a very kind tone, snapping me out from the whirling images in my head.

"I'm fine, seonsaengnim" I replied, but my voice gave me away.

"No, you look so pale and you're in cold sweat!" he exclaimed. "Mr. Lu," he turned to my seatmate "please accompany Ms. Park to the clinic."

Lu Han began standing up. "I'm really alright, seonsaengnim. I don't need to go to the clinic" I argued.

He shook his head. "If it's your grade you're worrying about, don't. I'm not one to punish a student for being ill. Take her now, Mr. Lu."

I bowed in gratitude and was helped by Lu Han in exiting the classroom.

"Please lay her down there" the nurse motioned to one of the beds. Then she followed our direction to check my condition.

"I see you're having dysmennorhea" she stated frankly. I turned to look at Lu Han. He was looking around the ceiling, trying to ignore the intimate conversation.

"Here," the nurse said as she handed me some pills "take these."

"But I've already taken painkillers a while ago. They just didn't work well enough" I informed her.

"Oh, so you can't take these anymore or else it would have a bad side effect. I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to sleep it off then" she said with a concerned look on her face, like most nurses do.

"I'll rest here then. Thank you" I bowed my head as she left.

The pain continued to throb and I unconsciously bit on my lower lip again.

"So that's why you have a wound" I heard someone say. I turned to see Lu Han still standing by my bedside.

"Since you can't take medication, isn't there anything else you can do to suppress the pain aside from biting your lip?" he asked with an anxious expression.

"Well, if you can find me a teddybear to squish it would help me get distracted from the pain" I joked as I remembered how I easily drifted off to sleep when I held onto the teddybear last night.

"Oh, I'm sorry but there's no teddybear around," Lu Han said as he looked at the ground "isn't there anything else I can do to help you? I feel so useless seeing you like this."

I smiled as my heart started warming up at his thoughtfulness. "Don't say that. I'll be fine, Lu Han. You've done so much already in helping me get here. Thank you. Please don't worry about me anymore" I assured him.

"Does it really need to be a teddybear? Can't it be something else?" he asked.

"Hmm?" I wondered.

"Teddybears are overrated. How about a deer instead?" he continued riddling.

"A what? A deer?" I asked, not understanding anything. His words were too random for comprehension. Deer? Like, huh?

Suddenly, Lu Han walked closer to my bed and bent down. He extended his arms and wrapped me in a warm embrace.

"Some more Chinese lessons for you" he began.

"Lu. The Chinese word for deer" he whispered as he hugged me reassuringly and started humming Angel until I fell asleep.