Chapter 43

Sehun is my...what?!

"See you tomorrow!" I waved happily at Lu Han outside the classroom. I was happy for two reasons. First, Math class was great. It was the first time I actually understood the lesson and that no one was breathing down my neck as I tried to solve the problems. Mr. Minseok must have fallen out of heaven. Second...

"Enjoy your first dance class" Lu Han smiled before turning to leave for his own practice.

That's right. Today, my days of sitting on the wooden panels are over. Now I get to dance along with my brother and the other members!

I excitedly ran to change my outfit and proceeded to the dance gym of the seniors.

"Annyeong haseyo, Taemin-seonsaengnim! Thank you for letting me stay here while I was injured. I'll go back to juniors class now" I bowed and prompted to leave.

"Not so fast," Taemin replied, "you're just going to leave without showing us your skills?"

"Umm," I muttered unsurely, "so what do I have to do?"

"You're staying here. Your class revision is provided for by the school registrar so if you want to go back to Yixing's class, you'll need to process some papers again" he explained.

"Ah" was all I could say. Sure, I wanted to stay in this class with my brother and his friends, but there's an odd feeling rising from the pit of my stomach about this idea.

"You're early" Chanyeol walked past me and ruffled my neatly ponytailed hair. I pouted and proceeded to tie it up all over again. There. Neat once again.

"Looks like someone's dancing today!" Kai followed and ruffled my hair even messier than Chanyeol did.

"Ugh. What's with you guys and my hair?!" I complained.

"Maybe they think it's pretty?" Sehun smiled as he gently pulled the elastic off and smoothened out the bird's nest that was my hair. For the last time, I collected my hair and tied it up in place. Then I just briefly smiled at Sehun and jogged away from him. What can I do? I still feel awkward after what he did at the cafeteria.

"Alright everyone, let's start!" clapped the smiling seonsaengnim.

Soon after we warmed up, I got into the rhythm of the new song playing on the stereo. It felt amazing to dance. I was glad that my body didn't forget how to do it despite the memory loss. Before I barely noticed, two hours were over.

"Ok guys, go and have a drink of water. But come back here in two minutes because we need to talk about something" Taemin ordered. Everyone shuffled out of the gym quickly. I moved rather slowly, probably not used to physical activity after so long.

"That last song was nice," I asked Taemin to pass the time as I dragged my feet to where my bag was, "what's the title?"

"Maxstep," he grinned happily, "I like it a lot too."

I nodded in response as I chugged down the entire contents of my water bottle. Soon after, the other members started to pour back into the gym and take their seats in the middle of the room. I sat beside Chanyeol and plopped my head on his broad shoulder out of exhaustion. My brother was the most reasonable person here to do that to.

"So as I said, there's something we need to talk about," began Taemin, "you know that the ball is next week right?"

"Ne~" came the answer of the tired class.

"Each club is required to present a number during the program. Do you have any ideas in mind?" he asked.

"Let's dance" shouted someone from the back.

"Well, duh, yes we're the dance club" chuckled Taemin, "but any specific performances you can think of?"

"Fantastic Baby" suggested someone.

"Hmm," Taemin rubbed his chin, "I'd like that but the music committee already put too much of that in their playlist so our performance might seem common to the crowd."

"Flower Power!" a girl chimed.

"Then what happens to us?" complained one of the guys.

"That's interesting," Taemin laughed, "but it might be unfair to the guys. They'll end up either being backup dancers or wearing the pink..."

"NO!" protested the male population present.

"Ok, ok!" the teacher held his hands out in front of him, "any other suggestions?"

Silence blanketed the room. No one seemed to have any more ideas. I can't think of any either. Just then, the serenity was shattered by suggestive whistling sounds.

Ni nuneul bomyeon nan Trouble Maker~

"Chanyeol-oppa!" I scolded.

"Oh! Wait, wait. I'm sorry. I forgot to put it in silent mode" he explained as he fumbled to turn his phone off.

"No...it's actually ok this time," said Taemin, "you just gave me an idea."

"I think I know what you mean. That's a good one. I like that" joined Kai.

"Yeah!" grinned Taemin, "the ball will be filled with couples and partners. Trouble Maker will be perfect for the mood."

"But there are only two people performing that," I pointed out, "wouldn't that be unfair for the others?"

"I think that would be fine for as long as it's not me," shrugged someone in front, "we'd like to spend the time with our dates instead of performing."

Taemin nodded as the others agreed to what the guy said.

"So who's playing Hyuna?" Kai smirked.

The teacher's head shot up to show a playful grin.

"I have a great idea for that," he started, "why don't we make this your celebratory performance for being able to dance again.......Chanshi?"

Oh no. Aigoo, Chanyeol-oppa. You and your stupid ringtone.