Chapter 55

Sehun is my...what?!

Hello, I've come back! (And EXO still hasn't LOL) You have no idea how much I missed you guys~ TT_TT And to the readers who upvoted this story, thank you so much! >< Here's my first update for the year^^


"If you didn't tell me that the heel of your shoe broke, I swear I had a feeling that you skipped the ball on purpose" Chanyeol repeated as we entered our house. He has been saying the same thing while in Sehun's car too.

"I told you, I'm really sorry. I didn't know that Taemin-seonsaengnim would come up with such an idea!" I replied, trying to stifle my laughter but failing.

"You're the one to laugh because you got away with dancing!" he pouted, "And Kai is even more freaked out than I am, with his ladies' man reputation and all that. So you guys owe him an apology as well."

"Well, I'm sure your performance left a huge impact on the audience" I consoled him, but it sounded like an insult.

"If watching two grown men dance Trouble Maker on stage would leave a great impact, then yes" he scoffed before stomping up the stairs and into our room, but returning just right after the door was slammed shut.

"No, sorry. I wasn't mad at you. But you understand, right? It was just very..humiliating" he explained as he held me by the shoulders.

Oppa is such a marshmallow. A giant marshmallow.

"Yes, oppa," I nodded, "and I'm really sorry."

With that, he gave me a pat on the head and went back to the room to change from his animal-printed outfit.

Taemin-seonsaengnim is so evil. His innocent mushroom head can really deceive. Who would've thought that he'd come up with the idea of making Chanyeol perform Trouble Maker with Kai? Perhaps that's because he knew that they helped us practice, and therefore know the steps already.

But Kai-oppa as Hyuna...

I can't even..

Ring.

I jolted out of my absurd thoughts and scrambled for the phone in my purse. It was the unknown number that had been calling this afternoon.

"Yeobeoseyo?" I answered uncertainly, not sure whether the person would understand my greeting since unknown numbers are usually from overseas.

"Oh Chanshi dear! I missed your voice so much!" came a woman's voice.

"I-I'm sorry, who is this please?" I asked, mentally groaning for the fact that I might just have to explain to a stranger over the phone how I fell off the school building and lost my memories.

"Ah sorry. I forgot about your amnesia" she replied.

She knows?

"This is your mom" she continued.

"U-umma?" my eyes widened from the mixed emotions rising up in my chest. I was excited, nervous, and surprised.

"Yes," I could hear the smile in her voice, "I missed you so much, dear. I've been calling you up since this afternoon but you weren't picking up."

"I'm sorry. I was helping my friend prepare for the school ball" I explained.

"School ball? I bet my little angel looked so lovely tonight" she mused proudly.

"Uh..haha" was my awkward answer. I don't think it's a good idea that on my first conversation with my mom, I tell her about my exceptionally short dress, that my heel broke so I went to my boyfriend's house, and that his eldest son had been dancing ily onstage with his best pal. Not a good idea, really.

"Hey Chanshi, you talking by yourself there?" I heard Chanyeol say as he opened the door to our room and alighted the stairs.

"It's mom" I mouthed.

"MOM?!" his eyes went wide as saucers and he dashed for the phone in my hands.

"MOM! You won't believe what just happened tonight. See, Chanshi was supposed to represent the dance club..." he blabbered on and on. So much for "not a good idea".

I sighed and left for the kitchen. Although Sehun's mom was kind enough to serve a meal for my impromptu visit, I still felt hungry so I decided on making some ramyun. I took out two packets from the cupboard, thinking that Chanyeol might be hungry too.

Once I finished cooking, I placed some ramyun on a bowl and positioned myself on the table to eat. Just as I was about to lift the chopsticks to my mouth, Chanyeol appeared in the dining room.

"Mom said she wants to talk to you" he held my phone out to me.

Aigoo, my ramyun! But it's ramyun or my mother, and of course I'll choose my mother.

"Yes, umma?" I spoke through the receiver.

"Chanshi! Your brother is such a talkative, happy virus" she huffed.

"He sure is" I chuckled.

"Anyway, dear...I was planning to tell you this more casually but Chanyeol took up most of the time so the phone bill is getting pretty high..." she began.

"Ya, oppa! Mom says her phone bill is high now!" I teased.

"Oh, I forgot that it's an overseas call!" he facepalmed himself and left for the living room, but walked backwards when he spotted the still hot ramyun.

"So what is it umma?" I asked happily.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to come visit China" she revealed, equally happy.

"Of course! I'd love to see you and dad" I replied.

"That's great news! Just tell me when, ok? You know, I was actually hoping for the best and wishing you'd say yes because I already scheduled university tours for you" she said.

"University tours? But I'm still in my junior year" I told her.

"Yes, but it's still better to be prepared. Anyway, as we had planned a long time ago, we're all staying here in China once you graduate from high school. For good."

I blinked once. Twice. The information just wouldn't register in my brain. It refuses to accept what I just heard.
 


"Good night, Chanshi. Thanks for the ramyun" Chanyeol waved as he left the dining room. I replied with a brief nod, staring into space with my phone in one hand.

Mom said "as we had planned a long time ago", which means that I agreed to it. But why doesn't it make sense to me right now?

"China...," I mumbled to myself, "For...good?"

But...

...how about Sehun?


I know that would still be a year from now and I might be exaggerating my emotions, but no way. No freaking way. I thought this only happens in AsianFanfics. Girl and boy are happy together. Girl receives a call from her mom. Mom tells her to go to China...

Girl and boy break up?

No.

This is cliche.

God, I hate cliche.

 

Sehun...

My Senshine...