Chapter 47

Sehun is my...what?!

"Aigoo, Chanshi. I'm not comfortable wearing makeup. And is my dress ok? Isn't it too short?"

"Hyejin-ah, don't stress yourself too much. I'm sure that when Kai sees you tonight, he won't ever think of looking at any other girl again," I assured her, "so just close your eyes so that I can put eyeliner nicely."

I could tell that the blush on Hyejin's cheeks right now has nothing to do with makeup.

"You like him already, don't you?" I asked her.

"Huh who?" she played innocent.

"Oh c'mon. We both know you like Kai" I chuckled as I put the liner on her lashline.

She was quiet for a moment, and I suddenly thought that maybe I shouldn't have been rash on telling her that I knew. But it was damn obvious anyway.

"Everyone told me to avoid him for my own good," she finally spoke up, "They said that a girl like me shouldn't be associated with someone with Kai's reputation. Especially since I have very traditional parents."

"Yeah, I heard" I responded without thinking and Hyejin's eyes flew open in surprise.

"You heard? How?" she asked.

I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not, but it seemed like there was no escape and that she would understand anyway.

"From Lu Han" I mumbled quietly.

"Ah, of course" was all she said before she fell silent again. It was after I finished applying makeup on her face that she started to speak again.

"Do you know how I first met Kai?" she surprised me by asking.

"Umm...no" I answered.

"We bumped into each other, literally, outside the clinic" she said.

"And he asked for your name like he always does?" I guessed.

"No...I ran away" she replied.

"But why?"

"Because I didn't want anyone to see me crying. I saw you with Lu Han and I thought that the two of you are together. I was hurt, because I...loved Lu Han. So I ran away" she explained.

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what was the right thing to say at such a situation. It wasn't the first time that people had assumed a relationship between me and Lu Han. I was awakened to the fact that I am actually talking to his ex right now. I've always seen Hyejin as Kai's girl.

"And each time Kai-oppa approached me, I kept on running away. I wanted to run away from love because I don't want to end up hurt again," she gave a slight smile, "But Kai-oppa always ran after me."

I wasn't sure what to say because I don't remember ever being hurt because of love before. Chanyeol had told me that I had been rejected so I jumped off the school's rooftop, but I don't remember anything about it. Now that I think about it, he never mentioned the guy's name. He's probably just protecting me.

But if Sehun is my boyfriend, then why on earth did I confess to another guy? Something is definitely wrong.

"Well maybe as they say, things fall apart so that better things can fall into place" I forced a smile.

"That's true," she nodded, "and I know that I won't end up hurt again. I trust Kai-oppa. Very much."

Trust. Of course I trust Sehun. And I trust Chanyeol's words. I trust that they are truthfully helping me recover my memories. Oh, and Lu Han too.

"That's great to hear" I smiled at her again.

"Thank you, Chanshi" Hyejin said as she took my hands.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I don't use my makeup very often anyway" I replied.

"No, aside from this," she motioned to her appearance, "thank you for listening to my cheesy confessions." She gave out a nervous laugh.

"Well, I'm sure there's someone else who would also love to hear your confession" I winked.

"Huh?" she tilted her head with a puzzled expression.

As if on cue, the honk of a car was heard.

"Yes, that person" I said as I nudged Hyejin out into the garage.

"Kai-oppa!" I greeted, "I thought your car was confiscated by your da--"

"Sssh!" he panicked before setting his eyes on the girl beside me.

"Annyeong haseyo" Hyejin bowed shyly.

"Wow...you look beautiful" Kai mused in a trance.

"Thank you~" I interrupted playfully.

"No, not you" Kai reprimanded, "you should wait for Sehunnie to arrive if you want to hear that."

We laughed in unison at the remark. Behind my laughter was a sense of panic. How in the world will Sehun react if he sees this outfit? Damn Troublemaker.

"You two should go now" I said partly because I wanted Hyejin to have the time to confess and also because I wanted to wear a little bit of makeup too. The mention of Sehun made me self-conscious.

"Alright, we'll go!" Kai saluted as he opened the passenger door for Hyejin. "besides, Chanyeol is carrying all the equipment by himself right now. I'll help him out."

Taemin-seonsaengnim is such a torturer. First, he assigns me to do Troublemaker and now he asked my always-eager brother to prepare the equipment because he didn;t have a partner anyway. Aigoo.

"Bye, Chanshi! See you later, Troublemaker~" Kai winked before adjusting his tie.

I pouted and waved them goodbye. Once they had left, I rushed back to the house.

"So how do I copy Hyuna's makeup" I paced back and forth. I checked the clock. Damn, it's only ten minutes to six and my face is still completely bare.

If I get even more unlucky, Sehun will arrive early as he always does...

Beep beep.

Damn.

I'm not ready. I still look horrible. And this dress is too short. The heels of these shoes are too high. And I still don't want to do the dance. The practice sessions were crazy enough. Especially last night's practice with Sehun. Oh dear...
 

 

 


ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cliffhanger! Sorry~ I just want to make sure that the chapter that everyone is asking for in the comments section will be written nicely. I've been a little busy lately, but I don't want that to affect the quality of the story. Saranghaeyo~ <3