Chapter 39

Sehun is my...what?!

I'm having oppa feels lately. Someone please give me a brother...as squishily cute as Chanyeol. T_T


Chanyeol threw himself on the couch and remained unmoving.

"Oppa, you should go rest on the bed where it's more comfortable" I poked his shoulder.

"No, I'm fine here" he answered monotonously, obviously having lost all of his energy in dance practice this afternoon.

"You look like a dead octopus there! Go upstairs. I'll just call you when dinner's ready"  I said as I lifted his arm, only to have it flailing back down.

"Ok. Just stay there then. I'll go cook" I told him as I grabbed the sofa arm to help myself up. My nose crinkled at the effort of heaving my casted leg up. Just a few more hours and I'll finally get this off! I was about to walk away when I felt Chanyeol grab me by the hand to help prop himself up. He sat up straight, grinning away the last traces of his fatigue.

"I'll help you" he said happily as he walked to the kitchen. I followed him with a blink, fully aware that he's choosing to cook despite his evident exhaustion.

"Hmm, let's see what we have here" he mumbled to the freezer before taking out the frozen chicken.

"Chanyeol-oppa, you're not Superman" I said.

"Huh?" he titled his head.

"I mean, you don't need to do everything for me. Sometimes you should let me do things for you instead" I explained.

He shook his head. "But I'm an overprotective brother."

I laughed uncontrollably at the conviction in his words. "Sure, sure. What are we cooking?"

"Make a guess" he said as he held out two fingers.

"Two syllables" I answered. He nodded and posed like he had super powers, complete with the appropriate expression on his face.

"Fire. Bul" I continued and he grinned excitedly as he tried to think of his next action.

"Buldak" I answered without waiting for him.

"Aww, how did you know?" he pouted, his arms dropping to his sides.

"Because you took the chicken out of the fridge! I guess it won't take a genius to notice that we're cooking spicy chicken" I pointed out.

He laughed while clapping his hands and proceeded to prepare the other ingredients. I took out the chopping board, a knife, and the thawing pack of chicken to the counter. After successfully deboning it, I placed the pieces in a bowl along with spices.

"WHAT THE--CHANSHI! You're bleeding!" Chanyeol rushed to my side with a shocked expression. I was equally taken aback and looked down to check my hand. Then I whacked the back of my brother's head.

"Red pepper, oppa. It's called red pepper. Calm down" I said. His mouth formed into an O shape and I sighed at his silliness.

"Sorry, but I'm an overprotective brother" he shrugged for the second time tonight. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on frying instead.

"Ta-dah!" I sing-songed as I placed the plate of food on the table.

"Buldak!" Chanyeol grinned.

I shook my head. "Nope, it's chicken with my blood on it."

He feigned annoyance and I laughed at his expression. We started to dig in and finished in no time. Before I could take the plates to the sink, Chanyeol had already done so and was already soaping them.

"Why won't you let me do anything?" I whined.

"As a matter of fact, I would" he smiled.

"Oh really? What is it? Do you want me to dry the plates?" I asked, glad to finally do some chores.

"Go rest upstairs. That's what you'll do" he answered.

"But you're doing everything! You even cooked bacon for me this morning. I'm so useless here" I complained.

"You cooked dinner! That was nothing? Or did the chicken dive into the pan by itself?" he snickered.

"Yes, it did. I was actually surprised at how it took the initiative. Now let me dry the dishes" I said firmly.

"Why are you so excited to do chores? Can't wait to get married, huh?" he wagged his eyebrows.

"What?! Ugh, whatever. I'm going upstairs if that's what you want" I pouted as I left my brother who was chuckling in the kitchen alone like a lunatic.

Actually it's a bit too early to sleep yet so I merely sat on my bed, swinging my legs back and forth as I gazed at the teddybear on my bedside.

"Hello, Lulu. How have you been today?" I smiled at the stuffed toy. Chanyeol's craziness must be rubbing off on me, grinning at an inanimate object like this.

"CHANSHI-YAAAA! Come down!" Chanyeol's hollers broke me off from my fluffy daydream. It's only been two minutes since I left. What could he be yelling about? A while ago he was telling me to go upstairs and now he's making me go down?! Nevertheless, I rushed as fast as my cast would allow, sensing the urgency in his voice.

"What is it?" I asked as I walked down the stairs.

"You left your phone in the living room and someone's calling up right now!" he explained. I gasped and went to the direction of the living room.

"Hurry up! Your ringtone is bugging me" Chanyeol shouted from the kitchen.

"Better than your suggestive Troublemaker whistles!" I retorted.

I hastily looked around and found my phone on the center table. Hurriedly, I grabbed it and checked the caller ID. My eyes rounded as I read the name flashed across the screen. Then with a press of a button, I picked it up.

 

"Lu Han?"