Woohyun Knows

Tomboy Me, Beautiful You

 

‘ Annyeong Myungsoo-yah!” Hae smiled brightly like a fake Russian doll and put on her best face. You rolled your eyes at her and she glared at you, only to receive a shrug. She wss frustrated at how you weren’t affected by any of her glares nor threats, which annoyed her. She was supposed to be the older twin, therefore, she was supposed to have more power.

‘ Oh? And..who’s that?” Hae feigned innocence and you just smirked.
‘ None of your damn business’ You answered, receiving a scowl.  Hae ignored you and turned to Myungsoo instead.
“Oppa! Remember last night? It was fun, eh? “ She blinked at him, holding on to his arm like she was holding for dear life. She clung to him like a baby panda and the sight just sickened the hell out of you.
Myungsoo stiffened ‘ Last..night?’
“Myungsoo oppa! Don’t you remember?! We…had a date last night!’ She snuggled closer, squishing her s against his shoulder.
You hit him hard in the rib . “ Oh yeah’ he said ‘ last night…right’
She happiled sighed and turned to give you a look that said ‘ go away you ’. You shrugged, pulled out your tongue behind her back and started walking away swiftly whilt Myungsoo chuckled at your childish act. Hae looked up.
‘Whats so funny oppa?”
“Oh…nothing’
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Jae! Let’s go!’ Woohyun dragged you all the way to the skatepark and you sighed, wrenching your arm from his grasp.
‘I can walk by myself, thanks very darn much’ You replied to his saddened puppy expression. You guys walked side by side peacefully until he asked you a question.
“Jae-yah, Why…aren’t you girly?” He asked, looking you up and down. You shrugged, holding your skateboard tighter for protection, like a shield of defense.
‘ None of your-‘
“Don’t give me your none-of-your-business crap’ Woohyun cut you off sharply and you gaped at him. * Did he actually ing cut me off?! That pabo!* . There was this tiny feeling inside of you that made you want to tell him, but the more hardcore part just wanted to keep this pain to yourself and not humiliate yourself in front of anybody.
Finally you sighed and gave him your answer.

“it was when I was just six years old… My mom had dressed me up quite nicely for my birthday and she had put a blue sparkly dress on me. But…see I don’t know why, but my twin was the powerful one long ago, before my character expanded. So she saw my dress and I guess she did it in spite because I was closer to her crush than she was, but she called me ugly, and made all the other kids sing a song specially for my ugliness, she said’ Tears formed at the corner of your eyes but you blinked them away. You had 9 years to perfect your emotionless mask and you were practically a pro.

‘ You have a twin?’

* Oh ity * Your shoulders sagged and you thought * It wouldn’t hurt to tell him, he’s like…really trustworthy and all..*
“ It’s Hae’

‘ I know that’ Woohyun replied with a poker face.

“W-what?!”

He shrugged and turned towards you, his eyes suddenly serious.
‘ You two look like each other, and the way you stood up to her…It’s like you’re related’ You froze in your steps.
“Does Infinite know about this?’ You asked quietly. He shook his head.

‘ If you tell anyone, I’ll chop your ing balls off’ You threatened. He laughed and poked you hard in the ribs before running over to the skate ramp.

* I feel lighter so suddenly, is it because I actually came clean with my feelings?...*


You caught up with him and his steady pace and saw Infinite already there, skating around the ramps. You saw Myungsoo sitting on the side, staring into space with his skateboard on the side by his feet. You turned away to start skating when he called out to you. Turning, you flashed an annoyed look in his direction. He didn’t take it the wrong way though.

“ Yah did you forget you had to oil my skateboard everyday?’ He asked when you walked up to him. He was shading his eyes with his hand and he looked comical the way he was looking up at you, almost childishly. You shrugged and sat down next to him, taking his skateboard in your arms.

“Right, go on slave’ Myungsoo grinned at you and you scowled back.
“ Son of a ’ You muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After the sun had gone down, and the night had fallen, Infinite were still skating, and You and Woohyun were sitting on the grass, under a Sakura tree- quite rare around town- and were sipping their iced tea from cans. You checked your time on your phone : 7h30. * Still early* You were about to pocket your phone when it buzzed. You glanced at it and realized that it was Hae texting you. * What does the want now?*


To: Jae (The she-man)

Yah, I closed the shop, I’m going on a date right now with Chunji oppa, the popular Kingka in our neighboring school. I’ll be home late xD

From: Hae

You texted her back quickly , annoyance flashing through your face * A date? Again?! Geez, *

To: Hae ( face)

Yeah , keep going out, Myungsoo OPPA <3 Will definitely run after you then -.-“” You’re a pabo …>< Okay, see you at home ;)

From: Jae

‘ I can’t believe you two are twins’ Woohyun said, sipping his drink and playing with his straw.  You looked at him, eyebrows raised.
‘What do you mean?” You asked.

“ Well, you’re like, two worlds apart, she’s a , you’re a tomboy, she wears skirts, you wear boy pants, she wears makeup, you don’t even put cream on your face…’

“Who said I never put cream on my face?!” You retorted.

He sniggered ‘ jokin’, nah just saying...” He checked his watch. “ Yah, I’m hungry, go buy something’

“Why me?”

“Cause, I bought it last time’

“No you ing didn’t, face’

‘MYUNGSOO!” Woohyun ignored you and you somewhat felt your anger rise and strike out. NO, you should keep your calm and act like a normal person. Myungsoo stopped and looked up from his place. Woohyun pointed at you, then at him “ You guys bring us Dinner!’

“Why me?! ‘ He shouted back.
“Cause you’re the dork around here! Now get off your lazy and go!’

“fine!’

In the end, it was just you and Myungsoo to go and buy takeaways from Mcdonalds. On the way, Myungsoo tried to make conversation.

‘ Yah, tomboy, we don’t you hang out with girls?’ Myungsoo asked while walking. You noticed that your shoulders brushed together and you felt a spark jolt up your spine. You instantly backed away and left some distance between you.

‘ Is that your mothering problem?’

“Why do you have to answer a question with a ing question?’ He asked, exasperated. You sniggered at him and continued, the gravel crunching under your feet.

‘ Does it bother you? That I reply a question with a question?’
“ Yes, it confuses me, one time you’re okay and the other you’re just sarcastic and damn rude’ He pulled out his tongue at you.

‘ I dunno, I guess, I never had any girl friends’ You said quietly.
“Why not?” Myungsoo cocked his head at you. You shook your head.
“It’s…a long story…’