Just do it, Myungsoo

Tomboy Me, Beautiful You

 

He blinked and continued gawking while you fidget under his heated gaze. Why was he looking at you like this? You felt so uncomfortable when he did that, and not because he was staring but more because it was Myugnsoo, the Myungsoo you became hyper with, the Myungsoo who said was dating Hae, so no way would he be attracted to you.

 

Myungsoo, meanwhile, was going through a battle of emotions.  * What Is this feeling of surrender and the squeeze of the heart? I feel so lost, so in pain that I just want to crush her against me and just hug her tight against him, feeling her small body crushed against mine! And I shouldn’t even be thinking like this! This is Jae, the tomboy that lives down the street and who swears at every word!*

 

‘ Hello?’ You waved your hands in front of his face and he blinked again, focusing this time. You sighed frustratingly.

‘ Myungsoo, dude, you okay?’ You asked.

 

‘ yeah s-sure ‘ He stuttered and you shrugged, opening the door wider and leading him into your house. You didn’t, and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him, although he did seem like he wanted to be left alone.

 

‘Is Hae coming?” You asked while he tried to get hold of himself. * right, I shouldn’t act so weird around her, or she’ll know *. Then, realizing that she had asked him a question, when processing it in his mind, asked again.

 

‘ Hae’s…not here?” he echoed.

 

‘ Well, I don’t know, she disappeared out of the ing blue..’ you removed the bowl of popcorn from the microwave and passed it to him, asking silently if he wanted some. He took a patch in his hand and ate it absentmindedly, all his thoughts were just circling around You, and how beautiful you were, and how he had a soft spot for girls who had wavy hair, why is why he is falling even deeper into the pits of love.

 

*No, I can’t fall for her, she’s a tomboy, dammit *

 

‘Well, since she’s not here…I guess we should watch the bloody movie already’ you concluded and walked into the TV room, switching on the TV. You turned your head towards Myungsoo, who had followed you into the room, banging his head with the corner in the process since he was daydreaming.

* I wonder what’s wrong with him today, first stuttering, now banging against random objects * you thought. Little did you know how your looks had a devastating effect on him, especially your physique? But since you are so ignorant, he doubted that you even knew you were beautiful.

 

‘ Did ya bring any movie?” You asked, eyebrows raised. * What is up with him? Don’t tell me I’m going to spend my night with a complete noob, puhh-lease *

 

‘ I did’ he regained his senses and tossed out a random Horror movie that made your skin crawl. You didn’t know why, but you HATED scary movies. But of course, you weren’t going to tell him that. Your gaze froze on the disc forlornly, your mouth opening and closing.

 

Myungsoo smirked. ‘ Are you scared? By any chance?’

You snapped out of it and glared ‘ I’m not ing scared! Da you’re talking about?!’

 

He shrugged. * She is so beautiful and intimidating, but inside she’s just the same Jae I met *

‘ Great then, I LOVE horror movies ‘ and with that, he sank into the sofa, sighing and inserting the disk. When the disk was in the machine, the movie started playing and an eerie sound got out of the speakers. You jumped away in fright.

 

*Dear god, if you’re here and you exist, then get me out of this ing misery already! * you thought as you sat down gingerly next to Myungsoo, who had an arm slung casually over the arm of the sofa.

 

At around the middle of the movie, there was a scary scene and you jumped and cried so loudly and violently that the popcorn in your hand tumbled out of your hands. Popcorn spilled everywhere but you didn’t care. Your eyes were wide, and glued to the screen in fright. Myungsoo saw this and put a hand on your shoulder.

 

‘ Jae, you okay? We can stop the movie if you want ‘ He ventured. You shook your head quickly, denying that you were scared when inside; fear was crawling into your spine. Wordlessly, you got down and started collecting the popcorn on the ground. He helped you and you bit your lip. * This was the most scary movie ever, I am so not doing this ing thing again, and Hae, where the bloody heck are you?! *

Suddenly you two bumped heads. Pong!

‘ Ouch!’ You looked up and met eyes with Myungsoo. And froze.

 

In the limelight, Myungsoo’s eyes glowed, the light casting shadows upon his handsome face. * But damn, he is handsome *, you thought as you gazed at him. You had never noticed it before, but he was. He seemed to be captured in your eyes too as he didn’t move away.

 

*Why am I not moving?! Get a grip on yourself Jae! *

You struggled, but your body didn’t, wouldn’t move. You didn’t know why. But before you could make any decisions, he leaned in and whispered softly ‘ Jae-yah…’


 

‘ No! Don’t! You’re going out with Hae!’

You scrambled up but he yanked you down and cupping your cheek with his hand, he leaned in and , of course taking his time, softly pressed his lips against yours.