AweStruck

Tomboy Me, Beautiful You

 

‘ What is it, Oppa?’ Hae pouted cutely – or tried to anyway – at Jaehyo while he mentally rolled his eyes. But he couldn’t act rude with her now.  The plan to whisk Hae away and make Myungsoo confess to Jae will be starting when Woohyun will make a bark. And he should be alert for his signal.

 

He smiled a strained smile at Hae and gestured her over.

‘ Tell Oppa what you’ve been doing lately’ He said while throwing his arm around her shoulder like he always does with Jae, and almost regretted. Her scent was so intoxicating and so fake that he just wanted to vomit, and his smile was starting to fall.

* Gosh, what the is that perfume she’s wearing? It stinks! *

 

‘Well, Oppa, I think that I like Myungsoo Oppa a lot’ Hae started, her lips changing into an ugly duck face. Well, for Jaehyo, it was. He could merely roll his eyes at her shallow statement. * Oh no , Sherlock *

 

‘ But see, either he thinks giving a cold exterior is cool, or it’s naturally his character’ She continued. She started playing with her hair, turning it around with her finger while Jaehyo stiffened. * God, Woohyun, this perfume is killing me, bark , c’mon!

WOOF WOOF!

 * Oh there it is *, He grabbed HAe forcefully by the arm and dragged her out, ignoring her pitiful comments about the dog and about her hair that’s going to get mucked up because he is precipitating her. * Pff, like hell you are, just get your moving *, he thought, but of course he couldn’t say that, or the plan would fail. He dragged her out and saw Woohyun walking towards them.

 

‘ Hae-ah, we’re missing some punch for your PARTY’ Jaehyo commented, exaggerating on the ‘ party’ bit so that she would understand the sarcasm. But HAe, being  blonde, didn’t understand and just looked at him with a blank expression on her face. He wanted to facepalm himself right then, right now.

 

‘ And Woohyun-OPPA would love to accompany you’ Jaehyo continued while Woohyun just grimaced. Great, he was going to have to endure Hae, just for Myungsoo’s sake. With that, he pushed the awestruck girl out of his way to Woohyun who caught her arm and dragged her down the street.

 

‘ Annyeong noona! I’m a real fan of yours you know? Let’s go buy that punch eh?’ He disappeared with her down the corner and Jaehyo sighed in satisfaction. * now, to call Loverboy *

 

Myungsoo’s phone bepped twice before he answered. ‘ What?’ He snapped.

 

‘ Hello Myungsoo, since Hae says that the movie night has been advanced, would you please come earlier, like ‘ Jaehyo checked his watch and continued the conversation. ‘ Um, how about 7h00 instead of 8h?’

 

‘ Okay’ Myungsoo replied and cut off in his face. But that didn’t matter right now. What mattered was that Jae was here and not Hae, which means that Myungsoo will have a perfect opportunity to sy that he loves her. Jaehyo’s heart squeezed once in pain, but he brushed it off, sure that je was doing the right thing for Jae.

* She doesn’t deserve someone like me, Myungsoo is the one, I can see through her eyes, how they light up when he comes into the room, how her cheeks become a faint pink when she’s embarrassed in front of him. Nobody might notice, but I know, I’;ve known you long enough to know, Jang Jae-yah *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“ Where’s Hae? Her movie night’s about to start in half an hour’ You asked Jaehyo. He just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and dug into the bags, pulling out popcorn bags and putting them into big bowls before putting them into the oven. Popping sounds were heard in the dining room and You were getting anxious.

 

‘ You don’t have to worry about her, Jae-yah’ Jaehyo stuffed his mouth with some popcorn and gestured over to you that you should sit down and prepare yourself.

 

‘ Our guests wil be coming soon’ He said with a mouth full of popcorn.

 

‘ Guests?” You echoed.

 

‘ Yes, guests’ he lied quickly. He didn’t want you to go out at this time if you knew that only L was going to be present.

 

You sighed and rolled your eyes, stuffing some popcorn into your mouth and marveling at the beautiful taste of it. * Mmm, that’s just what I need to relax myself, some soft and crunchy popcorn which is warm and hot. It melts my insides and makes me feel better, well if only for 10 seconds *

 

Half an hour passed and you couldn’t stand the tension. You got to your feet and walked up and down- well lumbered up and down seeing as you’ve got high heels. You glanced at the clock, tehn at the door.

* what if she invited those again? I am so not doing the hostess, whatever happens *

DING DONG!

 *Aw damn, where the hell is she?! *

You quickly looked for Jaehyo, but recalled that 5 minutes ago he left the house because ‘ he ate all the popcorn ‘. A nervous feeling settled into your stomach and you opened the door an inch.

 

Myungsoo’s face appeared and you opened the door wider, blinking at your first – and last – guest.

 

‘ the hell you’re doing here?’ You hissed.

 

Myungsoo however, didn’t respond. His gaze was clamped on your body, the curves and your face and your beautifully made hair. * Who is that? That’s so not Hae * He frowned.

‘yah, bastard, get off your high horse and come in already, you ing idiot ‘

When you started swearing it hit him with a pang. It was you, Jae, and he didn’t recognize you. Now he did. He sae your beautiful soft cheekbones and your lips that actually look quite kissable today. He admird your dress, which fitted your curves perfectly and when he met your eyes, he could see that they looked as beautiful and as innocent as a fawn’s. And your hair! Gosh! You had it curled and he especially loved curled hair.

He could only open his mouth and gape at you while you cocked an eyebrow in curiosity.

 

‘ Are you okay dude?” You asked him.