Surprise

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

 

Gill's POV

 

A few weeks passed.. This time, it was really no joke at all. 

These days, every night without fail, Saengie and I would have a walking alarm every two hours. Young Won tortured us with his 'needs' and 'wants' every now and then. Needs being the moment where nature calls and feeding time. The nightmare comes at his wants. Sometimes, he makes lots of noise just to attract our attention, when we're asleep. Other times, his deafening cries signalled us the time to start spoiling him, by rocking him in our arms and walking him around the whole house till he falls asleep again.

This baby will be a genius, seriously. He knows exactly the hour to cry every night. Sleeping has became a chore for us. Before, the twins seldom give us this problem at night and so we never knew sleeping could be this tiring. Ironic isn't it?

This night was as usual. His resounding cry broke the silence of the night. It was only 2 hours since I fed him. So after his needs, came his wants. We took turns to tend to him at every 'interval'.

Neither of us could force our eyes to open. Then our oblivion made his cries even louder. Saengie decided to get up and check on him again.

" Arghh Saengie..just let him be. He just wants another tour in this house. Ignore him, he will stop crying when he is tired.." I held him back and suggested in a half- dead tone.

" Aish... We can't just let him cry his lungs out like that. It's not good for his throat. His vocal chords will be ruptured very easily..." Saengie mumbled in an even more lerthargic tone.

" He ain't going to be a singer. I'm sure he will be a businessman in the future. He knows how to strike when the match is hot. Seriously, I wonder how he knows the exact right time to cry. Always the time when we finally thought we could turn in for the night."

" Aigoo Wonnie ahh... Can you please cry softer, I need my ears for a living..." Saengie held him up again and complained.

I squeezed my eyes shut and ripped it open again to help Saengie out.

" Kwenchana?" I asked Saengie in concern. He seemed really drained out.

" It's my turn. You already woke up two hours ago to feed him. Go back to sleep," He rocked wonnie in his embrace and paced around the room.

" You have a schedule later. Let me take over, I don't have to work later," I forced myself up and walked up to him.

" De, Komawo. Just give me another hour of sleep. I'll take over from there after that. You can sleep all the way after I take over." He returned the baby back to me and climbed into the bed to catch his precious hour of sleep.

-------

 

8am...

Saengie left for his schedules and the kids left for school.

Young Won's sleeping-soundly time finally kicked in. I took this opportunity to get some household chores done. Despite how tired I may be, I have to do whatever is needed in these hours before going through a military training again.

While waiting for my lunch to be heated up in the microwave, I unknowingly dozed off. Suddenly, my dream bubble was cruelly popped at the sound of the doorbell.

I dragged those heavy legs towards the door, only to realise it was the same group of girls again. Honestly, I had no energy to entertain them at all.

" Ahh you girls popped my dream bubble.. Come in..." I spoke under those heavy eyebags and dark circles.

Just as I was about to close the door, I saw another familiar figure at the door. Not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I was sure I knew that person.

She stood there and wore her benevolent smile. " Gill."

" Ling! Is that you??" I stunned when she spoke. Her unique kiddy-like voice made me confirm it was her.

" Yes it's me."

" It's been so many years!! Where have you been? You changed so much!" I instantly woken up and exclaimed in excitement.

" She phoned us asking if we have been keeping in contact with you. We were shocked as well. So we decided to bring her along here, so we can have a high school reunion!" Jan chuckled and said. 

" Come in come in!!" I invited Ling in without hesitation.

" So how have you been? Where were you? When was the last time we met?" I bombarded many questions at a go.

" Ahh I went back to Singapore to further my studies in the university. I'm currently working as a financial consultant now. I think the last time we met was... Your wedding if I'm not wrong."

" Wow... Why didn't you inform me that you were going back for good that day when you left?"

" It was hard for me to talk to you again actually. My conscience struck me everytime I see you, although you forgave me on the day of your proposal. So I decided to leave Korea for good and go back to where I belong. After all these years of self reflection, I realised the importance of you around me. You were my best-est friend.." She held my hand and told me emotionally.

" I forgave you long ago Ling. I never held that grudge, in fact, I really missed you. Aren't we sisters for life? We made a promise on that right?" I held on to that tear and mumbled.

" Thank you. Really. Thank you."

" So... SS501, you..er..-" I stammered in curiosity.

" Of course I still love them. They taught me an important lesson and were there to comfort me, to assure me during those days. I'll never forget them." Ling uttered.

" Heard that Gill? The power of my beloved SS501," The girls started their exaggerated praises again.

" Since when have I said anything bad about SS501? Yah... Don't make it sound so bad. I just listen more to my dear jaejoong oppa nowadays. I have never said I stopped liking SS501!"

" Gill... What happened? I thought Young..youngsaeng oppa and you were... Very happy together?" Ling stuttered in worry.

" Yeah, they were divorced a year ago. Youngsaeng oppa couldn't stand her, she just kept talking about Jaejoong oppa after they were married. There is a poster of Jaejoong oppa right smacked beside Youngsaeng oppa's poster  on her wall too. How do you expect a husband to stand this kind of flickered wife?" Jan ranted.

" What?! Divorced?! Oh my gosh.. Gill.. Why? Why?" Ling shook my arm vigorously and demanded for an answer.

" De de de de we were divorced.. I was forced to agree to this divorce. He was so mean... I was forced to divorced my thought of bearing any children for him," I glared at Jan and twisted her words around.

That bunch of crazy girls burst out into laughter. Like as though they were thrown into fits.

" Huh? So both of you are fine right?"

" Of course they are. She just gave birth to her SIXTH one," Four of them threw their nonsense out again.

" SIXTH?! SIXTH?! Are you serious??" Ling screamed in shock.

" Eh girls, shut up."

" No wait, like seriously, you gave birth to six?!" Ling shot me that this-is-unbelievable look.

" Don't listen to their rubbish. Of course not. Eun Hee is my first, you know that right? Then followed by.. Erm.. Twins after that... Then.."

" Yeah yeah continue continue, the list goes on and on..." Johanna kept interrupting.

" Yah!" I burst.

" Then?? How many more?" Ling anticipated.

" Then erm.. We decided to have another one. So yeah.. The forth one."

" Then??"

" Then what? No more THENs!"

" Then she is planning to give birth to another one again, better if it's triplets.. Then after that make her whole house like a kindergarten," Rachel in.

" One more word and I'll stuff my noodles into your big mouth. Ahhhh wait! My lunch!!" I suddenly remembered my bowl of noodles inside the microwave. I stood up and ran to the kitchen to take my bowl of noodles out.

" Omg.. She has four children already?" I heard Ling's extremely shocked voice.

" Four kids and counting..."

" Yah yah yah! Do you want some of my noodles? I'll stuff it all in your mouth to keep it shut."

" No thanks. Keke enjoy your meal. I'll just wait for my cutie prince to be back.. Ahh poor thing, you're having your lunch at 5pm.." Vic smirked and giggled.

I sighed deeply and stirred my bowl of noodles.

" Gill, you're kidding me right? But..but you really don't look like you already gave birth to 3,excluding Eun Hee. Your figure, the way you speak... Everything."

" Hmm.. I'm the same age as you Ling. People says that's the beauty of giving birth young, I guess. I changed quite a lot in fact..."

" Yeah, she lost her ity. That's the only change." Jan spit it out casually. Each of them gave a hi-five to each other in delight.

" JAN!!!! ZIP IT UP! I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THAT!" I flushed from head to toe at her random reply to Ling.

She smiled sheepishly and used her fingers to swipe across her lips, to indicate that her lips were zipped.

" Aish.. Hmm.. I just became..more like a mother, since I'm one. I do nag, punish my kids..etc." I explained myself...again.

" Wow... Now I see you as a different Gill. Keke, such an amazing feeling. So where are your kids now?"

" Eun Hee and the twins are schooling, the forth one is preparing for his commando training upstairs, in my room."

" Hahahaha! Commando training??" All of them cracked up.

" Yes, Saengie and I will have to go through another round of military training later. This son tortures us every single day. See my eye bags and dark circles? All thanks to him. He commands us everyday."

" Ahhh so how old is he?" Ling questioned

" 6 weeks old."

" 6 weeks? You just gave birth to him??"

" Yes, haha you really thought he was preparing for his commando training? Eun Hee is only 8 this year, how can my youngest one be older than her?"

" Ahh my mind is a little cranky now. Too many shocking news invaded my brains, I can't think straight now," Ling joked and chuckled.

" Can you bring him down? Please.. We want to take a look at him!" Vic pleaded.

" Later okay? It's really hard for me to coax him back to sleep once he is awake. He is capable of crying for a terribly long time."

" He is starting to idolize his appa. Keke. Crying crying crying~" Vic sang.

" Ha.Ha. It's really tiring, your heart will ache when you see Saengie later. He is totally drained out by him as well."

" Ahh? He is really tired? Yah Gill! Let him sleep! Can't you handle the baby alone at night? My oppa still got to work.. You are having your maternity leave now.. You don't have to work for the time being..."

" Yah! I'm not a robot! It's really really tiring you know.. He cries like nobody's business for every two hours. When you're in your LALA land at night, Saengie and I were busy coaxing the baby. It's not as easy as you think.. Aish you girls won't understand, wait till you become mothers yourselves," I was a little annoyed.

" So are both of you preparing for a fifth one? You know... Er.. Both of you need a really 'refreshing break' after all the turmoils right?"

" YAH JAN! SHUT UP! IT'S REALLY EMBARRASSING.. AISH.." I flushed from head to toe.

 

" Piggy... Your voice can be heard even from outside. Aish..." A person spoke from behind.

" Annyeonghaseyo Youngsaeng oppa!" The girls stood up and greeted.

" Annyeonghaseyo! Ahh Ling! It's been so long, how are you?"

" De, I'm fine, kamsahamnida."

He smiled and excused himself to the room.

" Saengie... Don't carry him up please. You know what will happen if your itchy hands act up.." I warned him before he enters the room.

" I'm just going up to see him, I'll not disturb him."

And the next thing I know is, Wonnie started crying again. Aish.. He must have carried him up to cuddle him.

" Not my fault, he started crying even before I touched him," Saengie carried the baby out and came down.

" Your presence disturbs him..." I sighed.

" Ayyee who says so.. He is more than happy when I'm back.. Right Wonnie?" He rocked Young Won in his arms to coax him.

" Wahh!! He is soo adorable Gill! Oh my... Are you sure he is your son?" Ling wonnie's head and commented.

" Yes of course I'm sure. I went through great pains when I was expecting him..."

" Can I hold him?" She asked politely.

" De just be careful. Support his neck, don't let him slip your hands. Careful..." Saengie slowly transferred wonnie to Ling's arms and cautioned her.

"Kyeopta..." The other four girls his cheeks gently.

" Please be extra extra extra careful with my son, he isn't a doll," I warned again.

" Don't worry, Wonnie seems to be liking your friend's company. Girls, can I leave my son in your hands for a while? I'll borrow my wife for now okay?"

" De sure sure! Take her away for as long as you want. The baby will be safe in our hands."

Then, Saengie held my hand and led me into our room and closed the door....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Updated! ^^ Sorry for the late update... Hope you enjoy this update :)) Anyway, I may not be able to update so oftenly now, sorry! I'll only update when I'm free..