Unwell...

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

 

Gill's POV

 

That day when Saengie had his live recording at a talk show with s, I was at work. It was suppose to be a night shift on that day, but thinking about how I'll be grounded at home, I rather take the morning shift.

There was a case I took up to test on a certain kind of viruses on patients, so I followed the doctors and did my rounds in the hospital. As I walked along the corridor, I heard a call from behind.

I turned back and was shocked.

" Woah Vic! I forgot you're having your intern here. So how is everything? Coping fine?"

" It's so stressful.. I'm studying a certain kind of drug now. And this report is due the following week. But the problem now is that, I have to wait for a patient to test it out, and the whole stimulation process will take about a week. In other words, I only have a few days to rush through my report. It's driving me nuts!"

" Aigoo, hang in there. I was once like you as well. I'm working on a new species of virus now, it's so new to me. I have to start researching on them from scratch. The research I've done for the past years is not applicable to this at all. So I'm on the same boat as you Vic."

" Hmm.. Yeah all the best to both of us.."

" I got to go now, see you around. We could have dinner together later, perhaps, after I knock off from work today," I smiled and told her.

" Not cooking for your family today?"

" Aniyo, Saengie is having his schedules today and there was a last minute decision that Eun Hee has to stay back for an extra choir practice. Her performance is this coming Friday. She is as busy as me. So no point cooking today."

" What about your twins?"

" Eomonim and abeonim will settle their dinner today. Okay okay I really got to go now. Good luck to you! See you later."

I quickly rushed off to continue my rounds. None of my four girlfriends knew about how I was grounded from SS, so to prevent Vic from asking me more about Saengie's schedules today, I rushed off to continue working.

--------

 

Vic and I met again at the entrance of the cafe next to the hospital. Just as I was about to get into the cafe, I received a call.

" Yeobuseyo? Is this Eun Hee's omma?"

" De, may I know who is this on the line?"

" Ahh, I'm Eun Hee's choir teacher, calling from school. Your daughter isn't feeling very well now, she just vomited once. Do you want to bring her to the doctor now? I couldn't get through her appa's phone."

" Ahh de de, I'll be right there in half an hours time. Kamsahamnida!"

I hang up the phone and told Vic about the sudden situation and apologized. Then, I rushed off to Eun Hee's school.

--------

 

" Don't worry, your daughter is down with gastric flu, I'll prescribe some medicines to ease her nausea. She should be fine after that. Eun Hee ah, are you very stressful these days??" The doctor asked her in a gentle tone.

She just nodded and didn't talk. She must be feeling very uncomfortable now.

" Eun Hee ah, kwenchana? Is there any other places you feel uncomfortable?" I squat down and ask her.

She pointed to her head.

" Headache?"

She shook her head.

" Giddiness?"

She nodded.

" De, must be due to lack of rest. When a person is stressed up by something, his or her immune system will weaken and tends to fall sick more easily. Eun hee ah, don't be so stressed ne? Go home and take a good rest hmm?" The doctor consoled.

" De kamsahamnida." I thanked on her behalf.

After collecting the medicines, we headed home.

" Saengie, why didn't you answer your calls?" I phoned him and asked, annoyed.

" De? Ahh mianhae, I switched off my phone during the show just now and forgot to switch it on after that."

" Ah kwenchana, Eun Hee isn't feeling very well, I just took her to the doctor. So she is at home now, you don't have to fetch her from school already."

" Ehh? Is she okay?? I'll be back home as soon as the meeting ends."

" De."

I hung up the phone and checked on her. She laid on the couch lifelessly.

" Eun Hee, how are you feeling now? Change out from your school uniform, I'll bring you your medicines after that de?"

Just as she was about to speak, she dashed into the toilet and vomited once again.

I pat on her back and helped her wash her face as soon as she was done.

" Come come, I'll help you change out now. After taking your medicines, go to sleep," I held her hand and headed up to her room. After changing her clothes, I fed her the medicines.

" Okay done. Sleep. You'll feel better after that."

" I want to wait for appa to come home first.. He promised me to have a practice with me later when he comes back," She mumbled weakly.

" You want to practice in this condition now? Andwae! Your face and lips are so pale.. Be a good girl, go to sleep. Don't think so much."

She obediently went to bed. " Tell me if you're feeling cold hmm? I'll be downstairs."

She nodded and shut her eyes.

-----------

 

After an hour, Saengie came back.

" How is Eun Hee?" He asked in concern.

" She vomited twice. Don't worry, she just took her medicines and taking a nap now."

" Is it food poisoning?"

" Aniyo, the doctor says she is too stressed up, so her immune system weakened. Gastric flu, not food poisoning. This silly girl, she wanted to wait for you to come back just now for a vocal practice."

" De?? I wouldn't let her have her practice when she is unwell.. Aigoo, de, she puts too much stress on herself.."

He went up to her room and checked on her. I followed behind him.

" Ssshhh, she is soundly asleep. Don't disturb her, let's check on her later again," I told Saengie.

Anyway, the twins were back after a while. I just whipped up a simple dinner for Saengie and myself .

" Don't disturb Eun Hee today hmm? She isn't feeling well. Don't go too close to her too, the virus may spread to you," I told the twins.

They nodded and went to do their colouring homework quietly.

Soon, it was their bedtime, the twins packed up and got to bed. In times like this when they knew we're busy with something, they wouldn't try to disturb us. They knew they shouldn't ask anything irrelevant unless is something urgent or important. This is something I'm really thankful for.

" Om..omma..appa...appa.." Suddenly, we heard calls from Eun Hee's room.

Saengie and I rushed in and saw Eun Hee broke out in cold sweat.

" Eo you're running a fever!" Saengie rushed down to get a cold compress from the fridge while I stayed beside her and monitored her temperature.

" I think you sleep with us in our room for today. It's easier for us to monitor you in the middle of the night." Saengie and I suggested.

" I don't want... I want to stay in my own room."

" Andwae," I shook my head.

" Will I be disturbing?"

" Heo Eun Hee, since when you are a disturbance to both of us? Now you are ill, and we are worried, we won't be at ease for the whole night. So you do not have a choice now but to sleep with us. Arraji?" Saengie carried her up and place her down at our bed.

" Okay now, sleep. Don't worry too much, we'll be beside you tonight. Wake us up if you need anything." Saengie said and tuck her in to sleep.

" Appa, what about our practice for today? Are you free tomorrow? Can I have it tomorrow instead?" She held onto Saengie's hands and asked.

" Aniyo, I'm not going to give you any practices until you recover. So you should rest and not worry about anything now. Like that, you can recover faster, and I can give you the practice you want." 

" But my performance is this coming Friday.."

" And do you think you can sing if you're still ill that day? I don't think I can do it I were you, my voice will sound really bad. So do you want your voice to sound so bad during your performance just because you didn't rest well?"

" De Eun Hee, you see, if you stop worrying so much and rest well, you will recover by tomorrow or Thursday. Appa can still have a last practice with you just before your performance right?" I added.

" De I got it.."

" De be a good girl and sleep. You haven't had your dinner so if you're feeling hungry in the middle of the night, just wake me up de? I have cooked a bowl of plain porridge for you. I'll get it heated up if you want."

" De."

-----------

 

In the middle of the night, Eun Hee's temperature just kept rising and dropping. Saengie and I were busy monitoring her temperature and changing that cold compress on her forehead. Then, she suddenly jumped up and ran to the bathroom to throw out again. The whole room turned upside down.

" Do you think we should get her to the hospital? This is not right. Her temperature keeps fluctuating and she just kept throwing out. I don't think it's just gastric flu. She may be suffering from food poisoning or something like that." I told Saengie.

" Andwaeyo omma!! I'm feeling better already, after throwing out. Jinja.. I just want to get all my uncomfort out. I'm fine," Eun Hee interrupted.

" Andw-"

" Appa! Jebal.. I hate hospitals.." She interrupted Saengie.

" Okay okay, it's time to take your medicines again. If your temperature continues fluctuating, I'll get you to the hospital arraseo?" I warned her.

She nodded. Saengie fed her the medicines and sighed. After that, her temperature stabalised and she went back into her slumber.

Saengie and I laid on either sides, next to her and continued monitoring her.

" I'll take a two days MC for her. She can't go to school in this state," Saengie told me.

" De. Aish.. How is she going to sing like this.."

" Let's just hope she recovers by Friday. She will be disappointed as well, if she don't get to perform."

" Hmm.. I don't think her teacher found any replacement for her right? In that solo part."

" Ani.. I don't think so."

" You can replace her..keke."

" Aniyo, she has to do it. I won't steal her limelight. I already got the limelight I yearned for."

" De de, this girl, she is a perfectionist. Jinja.. A second you." I sighed as I continued tapping her gently.

" She is more of a perfectionist than me. Aren't you tired?"

" No.. Not anymore, really worried for this silly girl now.."

" Go to sleep. I'll stay up to monitor her. You still got to work later on in the afternoon isn't it? I'm free today."

" I'm not tired anymore. So how is your variety sh- ahh no i mean... Everything is fine right?"

" Complete your sentence."

" Don't try to test me. I don't want  to be untouchable for another month again."

He chuckled. " De everything is fine. It was really fun attending events as a group."

" Hmm that's great.. I will catch the repeated one next month."

" That's the only way."

" I know that.."

" Imagine if Eun Hee were to sleep in between us, like now, everyday.. How will it be like?" Saengie questioned in curiosity.

" Then you can dream of getting your fifth jewel."

" Waeyo??"

" Mwo?! Waeyo?! How am I suppose to give you your fifth jewel with a partition in between us everyday? I'm not capable of it. "

" I can still dream of it, just can't erm....ye..."

I chuckled. " Woah, then it's a good idea for Eun Hee to sleep with us. I shall have them take turns. One day Eunnie, the other day Yoon Saeng then the following day Eun Hee. How about that?"

" Aren't you depriving yourself as well? It's like extending the second punishment for life."

" I always have my chances.."

" In your whole punishment period, you only have 3 chances. If it's going to extend to a lifetime, you will break down. And since you already use up your 'hug', then you won't  get anymore hugs ever again."

" Okay okay I take back what I say."  I blushed and took Eun Hee's temperature again.

" Hmm.. She seemed to be getting better. Such a relief.."

" De, komawo omma." Saengie thanked me mischievously.

" Komapda appa." I replied him in the same manner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll do a double update today, so I'll reply in my next chapter! ^^