Complications

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

 

Youngsaeng's POV

 

The next day...

I accompanied Gill to the doctor for her scan. The agonizing worry in me was suffocating me.

Anyway, the doctor did a check on her and smiled.

" Hmm... Your baby is not cooperating. The pain was due to him pushing himself towards the side. He is a little off-positioned. Many a times, this could be due to a sudden impact on the baby, so it could be due to the fall you experienced a few months ago." The doctor told us.

" So what does this mean?" I asked anxiously.

" There are a few possibilities to this. A premature birth is predicted but just hope that your son starts cooperating. If he returns back to his original position, then you will be able to have a natural birth, but if not, we may have to do a C-section. There may be some complications after that."

" So in this period of time, will he be facing any danger?"

" There is always risk to every single pregnancy. Don't worry too much, your case is not very fatal, you just have to take precaution."

The doctor went on to offer some advices and warnings of precaution. Gill and I were much assured after the scan.

---------

 

In the car...

" Gill..." I called.

Silence.

" Gill..."

No response.

" Yah! Gill!"

" D-de??" She finally responded.

" Aish.. I called you a lot of times. Don't worry too much. Didn't you hear what the doctor said? Try not to be upset, it will affect my son."

" What if he doesn't go back to his original position?"

" He will. None of my kids dare to upset you because they know they will get it from me, so this son won't be the exceptional one to worry you."

She chuckled. " As if he understand this now..."

" Telepathy. He is my blood son, how can he not understand the way I work things out?"

" If only..." She looked out of the window and sighed.

" My dear, stop worrying, you're making me nervous too. Let me be the one worrying. For you, just don't think of anything and rest. Arraseo?"

She nodded. I know this worry will immune in us till the day the baby is out. My task now is to keep her out of that thought as much as possible.

When we reached home, she aimlessly walked up to our room and sat in front of her dressing table.

" Come, let me braid your hair," I stood behind her and tried to cheer her up.

" Ehh I'm not in the mood for this now. Go away..."

" Then, let's talk about something else." I led her to the bed and sat down. Then, I looked at her and chuckled.

" Smile. I don't like that frown," I poked her cheek and murmured.

" Saengie..what if-"

" Stop with the what IFs.. He is going to be alright. Trust me. Anyway, the twins' birthday is round the corner. How do you intend to celebrate for them?"

" It's the following Saturday right? Erm... What do you plan to do? You always have lots of crazy ideas for the kids."

" Let's...bring them out to play. It's been quite long since I've spend some time with them."

" De, I think the biggest present for them is to have their appa around with them. They will be contented."

" Hmm, I think let's not bring them out. It's too cliché. This year must be a special one."

" What about you holding a concert  and perform specially for them? You can ask your brothers for help too. Keke I will be your manager for the day."

" Eiiii you're just yearning to attend SS501's concert isn't it? Ani, if you want it that way, then I'll have you sing with me throughout on stage SPECIALLY for them. You are their omma, so you have to do something as well. Then, I'll call on a few Triple S to attend that concert as well. What do you think?"

" Andwaeyo! Get Eun Hee up with you. I will be your manager and settle the behind-the-scenes for all of you, so I'm actually holding on to the toughest role okay..."

" Remember the song we're suppose to duet? The one where we wrote the lyrics together... We have to perform that song together."

" We haven't even recorded that song. Okay no concert.. Then.."

" We can organize a BBQ party for them. They would love it. We have BBQ facilities right?"

" Ahh... I'm so tired to prepare all the food and other things.."

" Don't worry, you don't have to do anything on that day. I will prepare all the things. You just have to supervise me and help to think of what to get for Eunnie."

" Hmm? You're free to do that? Why is it only Eunnie, what about Yoon Saeng?"

" De I'm free the following Saturday. The new Lego set shall be Yoon Saeng's present. So we have to only think of what to get for my girl."

" Just give her a hug and a kiss, that will be the best birthday present for her. Jinja. Keke. Ahhh!! Invite your brothers along okay?"

" Yah! Just think of something. Waeyo? They got schedules on that day."

" They can come after that. Pleaseee..."

" Shall I invite your BELOVED Jaejoong over as well?"

" Jinja?? De, if possible!"

" Yah yah yah... We are celebrating for the twins, not for you. If I call on all my friends, won't it be like you're the one who is happy instead of my twins?"

" As what you said, it's telepathy. If I'm happy, the twins will be able to feel it and be happy as well isn't it? Keke and if I'm happy, this baby will also be happy and shift back to his original position. Right?"

" Aish... De fine, then I guess I'll make myself happy too. I'll invite my YEOJAAAAA CHINGUUUUU NARA over. At the same time, I can rehearse the next scene with her. Wow, it's killing two birds with a stone. The best thing is, our kiss scene is coming up, we can rehearse that in advance too. And do you want me to invite Taeyeon too? I think the kids really like her as well."

She sternly stared at me and rolled her eyes.

" So?"

" De de, just ask them over. Jinja. I will have a great chat with them."

" De, you said it. Don't regret."

 

Gill's POV

 

I sighed and soon, the kids were back from school. I tried not to let that thought of the scan get in my way and turn to be my usual self in front of the kids.

" Appa! You're finally at home!!!" They ran over and hugged clung on to Saengie tightly.

" De, how was school?" Saengie pat their heads and asked.

" Fun!" The twins exclaimed. Eun Hee just nodded and walked up to her room secretly.

" Eun Hee..." Saengie called.

" Ahh aish appa... I thought you forgot..." She turned and complained.

" Aniyo, so how was it?" Saengie questioned again.

" Appa... I thought you were so busy, why did you have to remember this??"

" Ahh now you know I got a great memory. So how was it?" 

" Ahh now that you said, I suddenly recalled. You already received your midterm test results right? How was it?" I added.

She frowned and walked up to us while the twins went back to their rooms.

" Appa... I didn't do very well..."

" Kwenchana, just show us the papers de? Don't worry, we won't scold you."

She turned and looked at me worriedly.

" Pali... It's okay if you didn't do as well, we just want to have a look at the paper. We won't scold you," I assured her.

She ped her bag and took out that stack of exam papers.

" This is all my exam papers. Chaesonghamnida..."

We were stunned by her results, it wasn't what we expected from her, judging from the pinch of disappointment in her voice just now.

" Yah Eun Hee-"

" Chaesonghaeyo chaesonghaeyo, I will do better next time.." She immediately apologized.

" Ani ani, we meant, these results are really good! How well do you still want it??" We laughed and said.

" It's not good at all... I didn't top my class in my overall grade...It's such a disappointment.."

" 90/100 for science, 96/100 for math, 56/60 for Korean language, 42/50 for English language, you call these bad grades?" I queried in suspicion.

" De... I didn't improve at all, but instead, my results dropped. I used to get full marks for my math and science.. And my English result is really horrible this time round..."

" Eun Hee, these results are already very good. Jinja, we are already very proud of you. Don't set too high standards for yourself, you will be very stressful," Saengie pat her head and consoled.

" The top in my class attained full marks for math and 95 for science.. And I'm one of the worse for English. I only top my class for Korean language... I almost failed the criteria to continue being in math Olympiad, if I drop below 95, I will be kicked out immediately."

" I don't remember getting such good grades when I was your age. Eun Hee, it's really good. Maintain at these grades and I'm sure you will get somewhere. Appa and I agreed to put you into the math Olympiad competition is for you to gain experience from there, not to get you all stressed up, aigoo.."  I smiled and said.

" De... I need you to sign on my exam papers. My teacher wants a prove that all of us showed our parents our academic progress.."

" De, bring me a pen. Beside the TV.." I pointed.

She dragged her feet to get that pen and sighed.

" Omma!! Jamkanman.. Don't sign yet.." Just as I was about to sign on the paper, she stopped me.

" Wae?"

" Appa, you sign. Keke. I want my idol appa's signature instead," She cheekily said.

" Aigoo... Let omma do it. My signature don't go on exam papers, it goes on albums," Saengie joked.

" Ehhh appa Jebal.. Just sign. Okay okay, omma sign on one paper and you sign on the other three. I want the way you signed on omma's album." 

We chuckled and went on to sign on her paper. " Well done."

" I will get full marks next time."

" Don't have to, just maintain at these grades and we're more than happy," I told her.

" De, can you call your siblings down? We need to talk to them as well," Saengie asked.

----------

 

" Appa!!" The twins came running towards Saengie.

" So both of you, how was your grades for the count-and-match quiz? Both of you had this quiz the other day right?"

" I got an A+!! Yoon Eun only got an A." Yoon Saeng exclaimed in delight.

" De... I got lower than him.. That's because he didn't teach me!! He is a selfish brother!!" Yoon Eun defended for herself.

" You are not as smart as me!!" Yoon Saeng rebutted.

" Apppaaaaa..." Yoon Eun started whining again.

" Aigoo.. Stop stop. Both of you done equally well. Sharing is caring, so both of you have to teach other in the future de? But no copying of each other's work is allowed. Arraseo?" Saengie warned.

" De arraseo."

" Omma, what do you think of our grades??" Both of them started asking just to hear a compliment from me.

" It's good. Keep it up, both of you must help each other in the future hmm?" I smiled and praised.

" De! Omma, your tummy is getting bigger and bigger each day hahahaha!! It's like many many cushions stuffed in there," Yoon Eun laughed innocently.

" Yah... It's not funny okay. Try carrying it, it's not easy."

" So omma, is my dongsaengie going to be a boy or girl?" Eun Hee came from behind and joined in the conversation.

" Do you wish to have a sister or brother?" Saengie asked back.

" Anything is fine, as long as my dongsaengie is cute! Keke," Eun Hee chuckled.

" I want a sister... So I can play my toys with her, unnie is always studying, so she seldom plays with me. I want a sister!" Yoon Eun insisted.

" Noo I want a brother!!" Yoon Saeng started the bicker again.

" Omma omma, so is my dongsaeng a girl or boy??" All of them pestered eagerly.

" Boy."

" Yay!! Mehrong!! It's a brother!!" Yoon Saeng got excited.

" Ahh? Boy? So I will have a younger brother?? Andwaeyoo!! Omma, I want a sister!!" Yoon Eun frowned.

" Aigoo Eunnie ah.. It's not up to us to choose the gender of the baby. He is going to be your brother, you will still love him right?" I smiled and caressed her cheek.

" De... But I want a sister... Ommmaaaa can you give me a sister after this?? Please..."

" Yah!! You think you're choosing a toy in the departmental store now??" I scolded.

" But Yoon Saeng can get a brother, why can't I get a sister?"

" My goodness, I will explain it to you once you grow up. It's not as easy as getting a toy off the shelf for you.."

" Appaaa..."

" Yah, don't always go crying to your appa. It's not going to work all the time!"

" De, Eunnie, we'll see how it goes first. Don't plead me now, it's not going to work." Saengie gave a shocking answer. I thought he will be standing on her side.

" Appa, my birthday is nearing . I want a sister."

" You're going to get a brother."

" Then a belated present."

" Eunnie, it's not as simple as you think. Sisters don't just drop down from the sky. It's not something you can have it even if you ask for it. Understand?"

" No... Then why does omma give in to Yoon Saeng and give him a brother? It's not fair... Yoon Saeng always get the things he wants and not me."

" Who says so? Where do all your toys came from then? Stole them?!"

" Yoon Eun ah, don't whine anymore. A brother is good, you're going to be a noona to your dongsaeng soon, so you can't show this behavior to your dongsaeng," Eun Hee reprimanded.

" De..."

" Come be a good girl de? What do you want? Appa get it for you." Saengie held her up to his lap and asked caringly.

" I want a sister..."

" Other than that?"

" I want... A gigantic teddy bear and a sister."

" We'll get you that teddy bear. About a sister, I can't promise you that now. Let's see how it goes de? If your dongsaeng comes out healthily and if everyone is happy, I'll consider giving you a sister. De?"

"De, you can't go back on your words appa."

" Saengie..." I shook my head in despair.

" Okay you should all get up to your rooms and get your homework done now. Pali," Saengie commanded.

" Mwoya?! How can you promise Eunnie like that? What if we really decide to have another one but it happens to be a boy again?"

" Wait till we get another one, she will be grown up. So she will understand by then."

" But you know our kids hold on to all promises, and if you ever break it once, they will never trust you again."

" Aish... Then if we're really planning for another one, you pray hard that it's a girl next. If not...."

" Yah!! No more! I'm not a machine!"

" Keke I'm trying to say, if not, we can't do anything about it as well. Yoon Eun has to understand that things don't always have to suit the way she wants."

I was at a loss for words.

" I will wait and see how things go. For now, I'm worried about this baby, so I don't really have that intention to give Eunnie a sister until I see that this forth jewel comes out perfectly fine and healthy. That's my main concern for now," he weakly smiled and said as he wrapped his arms around me.

 

This time, he was really worried about the baby, if not, there is no way anything could make him abort the idea of having a fifth child.

 

" Mianhae... Don't worry, I'll make sure he is fine even if it means risking myself."

" Repeat what you say," he let go of his grip on me and commanded fiercely.

" Did I say anything wrongly?"

" That whole sentence was wrong Gill! You don't risk yourself just to make sure the baby is alright. You jolly well know that I don't like it when you say things like this."

" Aish... Okay okay mianhae. I won't do that. Saengie, I won't leave you that easily... Just kill me if anything threaten to separate us. Aigoo... The baby should be our top priority...not me..." I mumbled softly.

" Oh is it? Hmm maybe it will be the case if you ask a clone of mine. But that's not the case for the person standing in front of you now. You get that?"

" No. You know what? Other fathers outside put their children as their top priority, even when he/she is not born yet. I don't get why you are so different."

" That's because some things you do and think can be as silly as causing me almost having to lose you. As much as I love kids, nothing can be compared to you," He sighed and walked away, annoyed at whatever I said. I really pushed beyond his limits this time.

" Ehhh... Are you angry??" I followed behind him and tried to remedy the situation.

He kept silent and just kept heading towards our room.

" Saengie... Mianhae. Okay okay I get what you said. Jinja," I tugged on to his sleeves and tried to explain.

He sat on the bed, took out his book and started reading, totally ignoring me.

" Saengie... Don't be like this... I really got what you said. Cheongmal..." I knelt beside him on the bed and pestered him.

" Keep quiet, I'm reading," was his nonchalant reply.

" Are you still angry?"

"Keep quiet."

I just stared at him reading after that, not uttering a single word. I know he treasures me more than I do so he couldn't tolerate how I always try to use myself as a sacrifice.

" Stop staring, it's disturbing. I can't read properly."

" Are you not going to talk to me in a nicer manner?"

" I said I'm reading. You should do your things or just get to sleep."

" Saengie...mianhae... Nothing can be compared to me, I know... I won't say those things to upset you again."

" Are you not going to sleep or not disturb me when I'm reading?"

" You should rest early as well.. You got to work tomorrow.." I suppressed my emotions and continued talking to him in a nice manner.

" Don't worry about me. Goodnight."

" De... Goodnight..." I didn't want to piss him off further so I turned over and laid on the bed, facing to the other direction.

Soon, he switched off the lights, leaving the small table lamps on. Then, I felt an arm went over my waist from the back.

I turned myself over to face him.

" Go to sleep." He murmured softly yet gently.

" Mianhae..."

" Ayyee Kwenchana... You apologized a lot of times already."

" But you ignored..."

" I heard it," He inched forward and kissed me lightly on my lips.

" It's been tough on you these few months..." He softly whispered.

" Ani..."

" Komapda."

" Saengie..."

" Hmm?"

" Can you do me a favour?"

" What is it?"

" Help me take that box out from that drawer, I got something to show you."

He turned and at that second, a tear rolled down my cheek. That pain came back a while ago, but I didn't want to show it in front of him. The pain was as though multiple big rocks were pushing against the walls of my stomach. I silently pleaded for the baby to behave.

" Is it this one?" He grabbed a box and turned back. I quickly wiped off my tears and pretended as though nothing happened.

" Y-yes..it's this one," I faked a smile and sat up slowly.

I opened up the box and took out all the cards Triple S had wrote for him during that banner event itself.

"I forgot to give it to you that day. Your fans wrote it for you... Read every single one. They put a lot of effort in these cards."

" Look at me," he interrupted in a serious tone.

" Wait, and this too, it's a photo of that banner we made..look look.." I pretended to be ignorant.

" Gill... We should get to the hospital."

" Waeyo?"

" I don't want to see you in pain."

" I am not..."

" You can't hide anything from me, you know that. You need a thorough check, I don't think it's solely because my son is off-positioned.."

" I am okay Saengie. Let's go to sleep."

He just stood up and went to take out a set of clothes from my wardrobe. " Get changed."

" I don't want. Put it back, go to sleep, it's 11pm already. I'll be okay by tomorrow."

" Then I'll help you change," He came forward and said.

" Go away, I said I don't want to go to the hospital, I am fine. How are the kids going to cope without me if I'm hospitalized?"

" I'll make sure I'll only leave for work after they leave for school and will be back before they are dismissed. Jinja. Stop finding excuses. Get up."

" I don't want!"

" It's either you change your clothes now, or I help you get changed. You only have two choices."

" I just need you by my side... I don't want to be staying in the hospital alone for these few days. Please. I'm really okay."

" I'll not go anywhere, I promise I'll stay beside you. Pali, don't be a piggy anymore. Get off from the bed and change out now."

" Aish.. I can't really get myself to stand now. Wait, let the pain die down first. Aish! Just go to sleep.. We still have to work tomorrow."

" Come come, I'll help you, anyway it's not as if it's the first time I'm doing this." he threatened to help me change out of my pyjamas.

" Go away.. I don't have the energy to bicker with you now. It's really inappropriate for you to do this. Don't you dare touch me now."

" Do you want to get there in this attire then?"

" I'm not going anywhere with my pyjamas on!"

" So let me help you! You're my wife for goodness sake, what's there to be shy about?"

" You aren't just my husband..I..I feel so weird if you help me with these kinda things suddenly." 

" Fine I'll give you 5 minutes. Get changed and I'll get you to the hospital."

" Is it really a must to go?" I took the clothes with me and climbed out of the bed slowly.

" Yes it's a must. By the way, I'm your husband, stop seeing me as your idol. I want to be a normal person at home, not a celebrity."

" Mission impossible," I rolled my eyes and got into the toilet in pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------