Hard decision

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

Youngsaeng's POV

For that day, I really left her alone in the hospital. She needed a quiet time alone to think about what I said to her, things would just get more complicated if I remained there and strike a quarrel with her again.

 

Yee Min's POV

 

We didn't hear much about Gill's condition. All that we knew was that her baby wasn't cooperating with her. So, I guessed she should be alright once she gives birth.

However, Kyu oppa was kinda worried about her. From the time we visited Gill till now, he hasn't been really listening to what I have to say.

" Oppa!"

He startled and snapped back to reality. Then he sighed and seemed a little annoyed.

" What is it?"

" This is already the fifth time you're staring into space. You're like..lost in your own world. Have you been listening to what I said?"

" I am listening... Aish.."

Looking at his frustrated expression, I decided to not press that question further to prevent any quarrels.

" So what is it you want to ask?"

" N-Nothing... Continue being lost in your world. I won't disturb you."

He sighed his loudest sigh and looked away. He played with his fingers and continued his endless sigh.

" Yah! Stop sighing!" I burst out in frustration.

"......"

" Are you very...worried for Gill?"

He kept silent and looked down. At that point, I really had no idea how to continue that meaningless conversation, so I sat on that spot and just waited for his reply in silence.

" What if I say I am really really worried for her?" He uttered.

" Erm...Then... Kwenchana.. I..I'm worried for her as well.."

" I think we should visit her again tomorrow. Hyung is quite busy with his schedules, I don't think he can be there to accompany her every day."

" Youngsaeng oppa will be at her ward everyday by hook or by crook. I'm also very concerned for her, but we already visited her today, we can perhaps buy some nourishments for her and visit her a few days later."

" But... I'm afraid she will be lonely when Hyung goes for his schedules."

" You're over-reacting a little oppa.. I have never seen you like that.."

" I'm just concerned."

" Over concerned. I don't think youngsaeng oppa is THAT worried."

" But the person lying in the hospital is Gill. She has been quite weak these months, getting in and out of the hospital every now and then..."

" The person who should be telling me all of these stuffs should be Youngsaeng oppa, not from your mouth. I don't even see him that paranoid..."

" Hyung is very very worried. He just didn't want to make it too obvious because he doesn't want Gill to worry. And furthermore nobody knows about her condition except hyung."

" Her baby isn't cooperating. I thought that's what we were told."

" No... That's not all. To tell you the truth, the pain wasn't all the fault of her baby. She has a tumour growing at the side of her womb and it's causing the pain. The tumour may be malignant. Now, the results aren't out yet, Youngsaeng hyung is really nervous about it. I guess I made my worry too obvious, mianhae."

" Mwo?! Saeng oppa told you?"

He nodded. " He wanted to keep it to himself at first, but I knew something was wrong when I looked at him.. He would really burst if he continued keeping it to himself so..ya.. I was suppose to keep this a secret as well."

I stunned. Never did I realize that the situation was more critical than it seemed.

" Gill doesn't know about this. Please don't tell her, Hyung will find a time to reveal it to her," he reminded.

" Mianhae... I didn't know it was this serious.. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you just now."

" Kwenchana, you're just jealous. Keke," he placed his arms around my shoulder and teased.

" I-I am not.. After..afterall she is the one you eyed on before me... It's not surprising for me to get..a little upset."

" She is married."

" That makes it even more suspicious when you were soooo paranoid over a married woman just now."

" I was partially worried for Hyung. It had been really hard for him these days. I just wanted to lessen his load by visiting his wife so he could catch some sleep. His schedules are really packed, but he has to go in and out of the hospital, rush to the event venue every now and then, go for his drama shootings, go back home to cater to the needs of his kids then back to the hospital for his wife.. He even went to the extend of bringing his home-cooked food for her, since he knows that his picky wife will definitely not like the hospital's tasteless food at all. He is not a robot. I'm afraid he can't hold on anymore."

Then, my eyes reddened. I was moved by Youngsaeng oppa's little actions. Hearing how he went to his extremes just to cater to the need of everything without a single complain, I knew how much he treasured Gill.

" Touched huh? Keke if I was Gill and if I knew about all these things my husband do, I will break down into tears as well," Kyu oppa smiled and praised.

" I indeed..didn't like the wrong person before. I believe you'll also treasure me as much as Youngsaeng oppa treasures Gill."

" De I will. But please, I don't wish for the next person lying on that hospital bed to be you."

" De, don't worry. So I'll make time to visit her again tomorrow then."

He smiled and accompanied me home.

------------

 

Youngsaeng's POV

 

" Mr Heo... Emergency! The worse case we predicted indeed happened. I'm really sorry, but please make a decision now.. Only one can pull through this.. We're really sorry.." The doctors came out and shook their heads.

" Mwo?! Andwae andwae!! Jebal.. JEBAL!!" I cried and pleaded.

" We tried our best..but she is bleeding way too much."

" What are the chances??"

" It's a 100% that both can't pull through this together. It's either your son, or your wife. Please quickly make a decision now, we can't drag this any longer, if not both of them will be in great danger."

" Please... I don't care how you do it, just save both of them PLEASE!!"

" Get a hold of yourself, we're really sorry. If you can't make this decision, we'll save your son. Your wife is in a more critical stage than your son, it's very likely that only your son can make it through this.."

" Andwae!! Andw-"

Suddenly, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I ripped open my eyes only to find Eun Hee smiling at me.

" Appa.. kwenchanayo?"

I quickly sat up properly and look at my surroundings. I'm at home..

" Appa, I'll get you a cup of water, you don't look well.." Eun Hee rushed to the kitchen to get me a glass of water.

I smiled faintly and thanked. " You had a nightmare appa? You kept saying andwae andwae andwae in your dreams..."

" De... Some monsters tried to snatch my things away..."

" What things?"

" Something very close to my heart. Aish..glad it was just a dream.. " I rubbed the temples of my forehead and heaved a sigh of relief.

Eun Hee nodded and went back to her room. I quickly whipped out my phone and dialled Gill's number. I just wanted to hear her voice and assure me she is okay...

--------------

 

It's been close to a week since Gill got hospitalized.

" Saengie, you don't have to be here everyday. I'm fine. You seem really tired.." She my cheek and mumbled.

" Don't worry about me. So did you feel any pain just now before I came?"

" Didn't..." she smiled and told me.

It was obviously a lie. Actually, I don't even have to ask her to know.

" I heard the nurses were tending to you to ease your pain just now."

" Ani, it's just their routine checks. That's how the hospital works..." She continued denying.

" Hmm..that's good. I cooked your favourite baked rice. Of course it's not as nice as the one you cook, but I tried my best."

" How did you know how to cook this? It's my secret recipe."

" I found your secret recipe somewhere. Keke."

 

Gill's POV

 

I held up the spoon and placed a mouthful into my mouth. Tears rolled down as I ate.

" Is it that bad? Let me try," He queried and took my spoon over to try.

" Yah.. It's not that bad... Still edible," he justified.

I just looked away and waited for those tears to stop before turning back. But it just won't stop. Eventually, I just ignored those tears and continued with my meal.

" Aigoo, I spend a lot of time in this bowl of rice. Don't add extra ingredients into it..." He wiped my tears and chuckled. Then he shifted himself to sit beside me on the bed.

I subtly returned a smile and sniffed. " Komawoyo."

" Does it really hurt a lot? Don't scare me."

" Ani ani... It's really heart wrenching to see you tire yourself out because of me."

" I'm not tired. Jinja. I even have the energy to read bedtime stories to the twins.." He joked to enliven the mood.

" I'll get used to the food here so you don't have to specially cook for me all the time. You can have more rest like that."

" Kwenchana. It's a joy to cook for my beloved wife. I get to experience with those sauces and spices in the kitchen. I seldom get to do that," he again, said it in an adorably hilarious manner.

I smiled. " So how did you find out about my secret recipe?"

" Hmm... That's a secret. Continue eating, don't stop. It won't be nice anymore if it gets cold."

" I miss the kids... How are they these days?"

" Do you want me to bring them here? They ask me everyday when will you be coming back from your business trip..."

" No don't let them know about this. I'll be back home soon, hopefully. It's the twins' birthday next Saturday. I will go back whether the doctors like it or not."

" Then just rest well and you'll be able to be discharged by next week."

" Hopefully... So how's Eun Hee's math Olympiad test? She sat for it yesterday right?"

" De, hmm she seem a little disappointed yesterday.. But you know her, she has very high expectations of herself. I'm sure her results will be satisfactory."

" Ahh... Kwenchana, even if she doesn't do well for this. This is just an extra curriculum, just for her to gain some experience. So.. What about my tumour results? It's not out yet right?"

" Not yet. I will inform you once the doctor tells me about it."

" No lying... I want the truth. Promise?" I held out my little pinkie childishly.

" De de I will," He ignored my gesture and looked away.

" Pinkie promise. After this, you can't break your promise. I know you hold on to every promise very well," I held up his pinkie and interlocked it without his consent.

Suddenly, he pulled me close and held me in his embrace tightly.

" What's wrong?" I pat his back and questioned.

" I don't want to have to let you go, you heard me? The report better not be a disappointing one, or I'll tear and burn it."

" I will make sure our son is healthy even if I'm not. I will give birth to him even before anything happens."

" Better not let anything happen to you as well. I will strangle the doctor if he gives me a lousy report."

" Aigoo, it's not the doctor's fault if he gives you a negative report. That's the truth. Right?"

" I don't want to have to accept that truth. Aish, I don't care, nothing wrong should land on you. It better be that way."

" It's not up to you to choose.."

" I can't bear to lose any of you...jinja.. What am I suppose to do without you? You're my everything... I'll be better off dead if anything threatens to separate us..."

" You're pretty child-like, Saengie.."

" I'm getting nightmares of ...erm.. Just.. A horrible dream. I can't sleep properly at night thinking of how your tumour results may turn out. And.."

" Saengie! It's time to go for your schedules."

" I'm not going today. I already turned them down."

" Waeyo?? Go!! Just leave me alone!"

" I'm staying here!"

"Waeyo?? Isn't today suppose to be the day of your drama shooting for the upcoming episodes?"

" I don't feel like acting that scene out now. I don't have the mood to. Just let me stay here for today, I promise I'll go tomorrow."

" Your kiss scene? Aish... She will be the one doing that anyway. You just have to stay still and get into that mood. Go go go."

" Yah..."

I leaned forward and kissed him lightly on his lips. " Go please..."

" Gill.. I don't want to go. I mean it.."

" Then I'll ignore you for the rest of the day."

" Aish... Bye," he stood up and prepared to leave.

" Ehhh okay okay stay here.. Don't leave," I looked at him and agreed.

" I didn't intend to leave actually. Keke I was testing your reaction."

" You won.. Aish.. Childish," I shook my head and sighed.

Then, the doctor came in with a stack of papers in a file. Saengie quickly stood up and requested to speak to the doctor privately.

" Just talk here!" I demanded.

Saengie ignored me and went out with the doctor.

 

Youngsaeng's POV

 

" Mr Heo, the reports are out. Fortunately, the tumour is benign. However, it's best that it's removed as early as possible because we predicted that the tumour will continue growing and press onto the nerves of the baby. It's already affecting the position of the baby actually."

" But he is only at his 6th month. Will it be alright if he comes out now?"

" I cannot garuantee that. But we'll try our best to keep both mother and son safe."

" I cannot bet on this.. He is my son. I need a confirmation."

" Why don't you talk this out with your wife first? It's a risk that both of you have to take to keep your son safe."

--------

 

I went back in and dictated everything to Gill, of course filtering out the sensitive parts of the conversation.

" Since it's benign, means it will grow at a slower rate, so means we can wait till he is on his 7th month right?" Her eyes somehow gave a sense of hope.

" De," I smiled and replied. I guess I will have to talk this out with the doctor again later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------