Forever

Eternal Love (Sequel to Dream The Impossible)

 

 

Youngsaeng's POV

 

2am in the hospital...

 

We did a thorough check on your wife and I'm afraid to say that there is a tumour found somewhere near her womb. It may be malignant or benign. We will do a follow-up on her and tell you the results as soon as possible. Anyway, it's best that your son is out as soon as possible, even though he is only on his sixth month. We're afraid that he will be affected because that's partially why he is off-positioned now and it will also affect your wife if that tumour continues growing in there. So even though the tumour is benign, it will still pose a danger because she is expecting. Do consider about it. So for this period of time, we will have to keep your wife here for further checks.

 

I requested the doctor to break the news only to me. I was prepared for the worse.

" So what did the doctor say?" She anxiously held on to my hand and probed.

" Aish... This son is really naughty. He is trying very hard to push his way through and do all sorts of karate in there. I'll punish him once he is out."

" Jinja? Then did the doctor say anything else? Will he be alright?"

" D-de he will be."

" Saengie... Are you not going to tell me the truth?"

" Aish..this is the truth."

She just stared at me with those suspicious eyes. I knew she was able to read me just by my looks, but I wouldn't break the news to her yet until worse comes to worse. I'm not sure if this is a really brainless decision, but I know it wouldn't get any better if she starts worrying. It would just makes things worse. Perhaps till the results are out, I would think of a way to break the news to her then.

" I'm a science person you know right? I know my body very well, so you don't have to hide from me anymore. Speak up, what exactly did the doctor said?"

" The doctor said that due to that impact of the fall the other time, the baby couldn't take it. And so there is some complications now. But he added on to say it won't help by worrying now, so we just have to pray hard that the baby is fine, to ensure that you'll be fine too. That's it."

" So you're trying to say that the baby is really uncomfortable now? There is something wrong with him?"

" We are not sure yet. Gill, if you are going to continue scaring yourself, I'm going to leave you here alone."

" Leave then. I need some time alone as well anyway," she laid down onto the bed and turned her head away.

I sighed and left her ward.

 

Gill's POV

 

Aish.. jerk... He knows I don't meant that.. Fine. So be it. Pabo pabo pabo!

After a few minutes, someone opened the door.

" What... Scolding me in your mind huh?" He asked in irritance.

" Yah..you don't have to come back. Just leave if you want. Who told you to come back..."

" I went to the washroom. I'm not that heartless."

" Whatever, you're just yearning to leave... I can see it from your ey-" Even before I could complete my sentence, he came forward and gave a really quick peck on my lips.

" Pabo, I can't promise you that I can remedy this situation, but I can promise you that I won't let you be facing this alone."

I smiled faintly and looked down.

" Pali get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up tomorrow." he told me in an assuring tone.

" Report for your schedules tomorrow de? Then go home and catch a nap. You can come here after that. But please, don't inform anybody about this. I don't want them to worry," I nagged.

" You're nagging too much. I know my schedules well, you don't have to worry. De de I won't tell anybody. Piggy, by 2:30, if you're still awake, I'll get the doctor to prescribe you some sleeping pills."

" Can I have a hug before I sleep?" I asked childishly.

He chuckled and agreed. Then he came forward and hugged me close. I rested my chin onto his shoulder. Slowly, I lapsed into silence and fell asleep in his embrace.

----------

 

The next morning, Vic suddenly appeared at my ward.

I glared at Saengie, giving him the I-thought-I-said-to-keep-it-confidential face. He didn't respond and remain expressionless.

"I didn't tell her. I went to apply leave from work for you just now. She works in the same hospital as you, she will get the notice definitely."

" And I assume many people will start swarming in later..." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

" Gill... What happened? Are you okay?" Vic asked in concern.

" I won't be here if I am.."

" Aish... Why didn't you tell us about this?"

" There isn't a need to make another group of people worry about me."

" But we're like your sisters! You should have inform us about it!"

" Sorry..."

" This baby is giving you a lot of trouble, isn't he?"

" No..can't blame him. He is innocent. Maybe it's just my fault for being careless that day."

I smiled and looked towards Saengie's direction. " Saengie.. You can leave for your schedules now. Vic can accompany me here. Don't tell the kids about this please. Just find an excuse to cover this. Eun Hee is about to sit for her math Olympiad exam soon, I don't want her to be distracted." 

" Ani kwenchana, my schedule don't start so early. I can stay here till that time."

" You need to go home to rest and get prepared. You didn't really get enough sleep last night."

He knew I would win this conversation war no matter what so he eventually agreed to it and promised to be back later at night after his schedules ended for the day.

" Gill... You and your baby will be fine right?" Vic held on to my hand tightly and asked in teary eyes.

" Aigoo.. Yes we are. I'm not going to die, so don't cry hmm? Don't you have to work now as well? You better get going. If not I'm going to ask your mentor to give you your demerit points. Your mentor is my close friend in the hospital you know.."

" Like as if you will do that..."

" Aish just go, don't tell Jan and the rest about this. I'll be fine. Saengie will come back at night. Go go...shoo.." I pushed her away and bid her goodbye.

-------

 

As expected after an hour she left, KyuJong oppa and Yee Min unnie came in. I sighed and smiled.

" How are you??" they probed the same kind of question again.

" Ahhhh heo youngsaeng is so going to get it from me!!"

" He is just concerned.. Don't worry, only Kyu oppa and I knew about this," Yee Min unnie assured.

" I'm fine. He is such a big mouth. Tell him not to come back later, I don't want to see him."

" He won't be listening to us. Anyway, don't think so much. You'll be fine and well and we shall go on a double date again!" Kyu oppa teased to lighten the atmosphere.

" Keke de... Kyu oppa, are you not going to marry unnie soon? I'm waiting to attend your wedding."

" Soon soon. We have it all planned out already."

" That's the way! Give birth to a girl de? Then my Yoon Saeng can date her in the future."

" I'll make sure that happens!" Kyu oppa screamed in delight.

" Dream on..." Yee Min unnie pushed his head and disapproved.

After all the fun and laughter, they headed back. Then, I started to really think about all the what IFs again.. I was prepared for the worse as well. Even how much Saengie hated me for always taking myself as the sacrifice, I will still stick to my way of doing things.

At 10pm, Saengie came back. Under his tired facade, he still wore a smile and approached me.

" I took your clothes and necessities from home in case you need it."

" I'm going to be discharged soon, I don't think I'll need all of that."

" Ahh..d-de.. Just in case..."

" So how's your performance just now?"

" Not too bad...Hmm.. Dear, let me ask you something. What if.. I'm saying what if, the baby wants to come out already? Maybe that's the reason why he is pushing his way through?"

" Just let nature takes it's course. I can't decide on when he is going to be out."

" What if you can?"

" Of course I won't do that. I will wait till he is fully ready to be out. Who wishes for their child to be premature?"

" What if there is a need to?"

" Why would there be? Even if he is off-positioned, I'm sure he would still be able to grow inside until the time is right."

" But.. I really can't wait to see this baby now. And I'm going to punish him for troubling you. So I want him out now."

" Keke crazy... It's not the baby's fault. You never punish your kids, so I'm sure this baby will not be that unlucky one to get punished by you." 

" Jinja.. I'm serious. Anyway he is going to be prematured as predicted by the doctor, why don't we get him out now and so everybody will be fine?"

" Why can't we wait? Is it because of the tumour that is growing? You're worried it will affect the baby and myself?"

" Ehh? Er...ho..how did you know?"

" You refuse to tell me the truth. So I consulted the doctor myself last night when you were asleep," I told him in an annoyed tone.

" Er...it's not that way.. I don't want to let you know because-"

" Because you don't want to add on to my worry? Saengie, I told you I'm a science person and I know exactly what's happening to me. Anyway, your tone and expression betrayed you. So I knew something was wrong the minute you told me what the doctor informed you yesterday."

" Since you knew it, there is no more what IFs then. We have to get him out now. If not more complications will arise and it won't do any good to both of you."

" What? At his 6th month? Are you out of your mind? Even the slightest mistake during the birth will get him killed. He is really really fragile now. No way I'm going to agree to that."

" You can't possibly wait till you feel the pain for him to be out. That will be too late by then. He will be alright in the incubator. Please... You have to listen to me."

" Andwae Andwae Andwae. Just wait."

" You know what will happen if we wait? That tumour will grow, and let's just hope it's not malignant. If the baby is not out, I'm sure he will be affected by it. And worse of all, you will be in the greatest danger. By then, even if the baby is healthily out, the doctor can't even guarantee that you'll be fine. You see, you can remove that tumour after that baby is out, isn't it beneficial?"

" And take the risk of a little one's life? No way. Everything is already planned ahead of me, I just have to follow the flow in life, don't make any changes, it won't do any good."

" You'll be risking his life if you don't get him out now."

"  All I know is that it's way too early for him to be out now. I know you're worried, but can we wait for my tests results before making any conclusion? I really can't afford to make any mistake at this point of time."

He remained silent and sighed.

" Come," I smiled and pat on the space beside me on the bed.

He sat on that spot and started playing with the ring on his finger. I held on to his hand and shook my head. " The ring is innocent, don't abuse it," I joked.

He pushed the ring back into his finger and turned to face me. " Next month. De?"

I shook my head without even considering what he said.

" Please? I.. I really thought through a lot before I came just now. You have to have that tumour removed as soon as possible. My son will be fine, the doctor assured me.

" Can we not talk about this now? Let's talk about your promotion of your album. How is it going?"

" I do not have the mood to talk about that now."

" Aish.. De de, next month then. I'll see how. Give ourselves more time to consider."

He nodded and slid an arm around my shoulders.

" Kwenchana? Still painful?"

" Ani... Mianhae.. Made you worry again.."

" As long as you're my wife, I won't stop worrying for you."

I grinned and look away.

" Saengie.. Your songs are really getting popular. That day when I'm on the bus,on my way to work, a person's phone rang and her ringing tone was Hello Mello!"

" Jinja? Ehh you should have a recording of my voice then. Then next time if your phone rings, it will sound like, YAH PIGGY! PICK UP YOUR CALL OR I'LL COMPLAIN TO MY TRIPLE S TO HAUNT YOU DOWN! I tell you, you will catch everyone's attention."

" It's not like everyone can recognize your voice..."

" As what you said, I'm getting popular everywhere..kekeke. But even so, I'm quite sure that would make a good ringing tone."

" I won't pick it up and act oblivious... I'm sure nobody will be able to tell that my phone is the one that is ringing."

" You want to try? I think it would be entertaining."

" Andwae!"

" Pali pass me your phone."

" It's at home. I forgot to bring it out. Can you help me bring it tomorrow? Oh and bring me my laptop too. I'm going to be bored to death here."

" Aish.. De de I will get it for you tomorrow. Why do you need your laptop for?"

" I got a few reports to be done. The submission dates are nearing.. "

" I'm sure they will extend the dateline for you. So there isn't a need to complete now."

" Aish..why do you have to keep on opposing the things I say?"

" Ani... I just feel that you should listen to me now. Nothing will go wrong."

" I want to go home now. Bring me home."

" Aish...must I treat you like a little girl? You are not going anywhere."

" You forbid me to do anything here. Can you imagine me staying here for days and not doing anything but sleeping? It's worse than dying."

" Who says you have nothing to do? I'm here aren't I? You are so privileged to get a one to one fanmeeting with me."

" I asked you about your performance, you just say it's not too bad. I ask about your album promotions, you claimed that you don't have the mood to talk about this. What kind of a fanmeeting was that?"

" Can you not ask me anything related to work? I don't want to feel as though I'm working even when I'm with you."

" I'm asking from a wife's point of view, not a fangirl's. You have to start worrying if one day I stop asking you all of that."

" Aish... Everything is fine. Jinja."

" Hmm... De."

Then, he came forward and gave me a peck on my cheek. I startled and looked at him.

" Piggy..."

" D-De?"

" I would like to name our son Young Won (영원). Can?" He smiled and asked.

" Young Won? Wae?"

" Hmm.. I was thinking, this son had been through quite a lot of UPs and DOWNs with you, so.. I hope he will be etched with us forever." (A/N 영원 means forever ^^)

" De. Wahh indeed a composer, even coming out with a name has such deep meaning behind it," I teased.

" Hmm..so whenever I look at him or call him next time, I'll remember how much pain you endured throughout the months and how brave he is. This son will be a darling to me."

" It will be all worth it. Once I see him healthily given birth, I won't regret on any decision I make."

" Don't you dare think of anything senseless. You don't have to make any decision, I'll decide on everything. Leave it to me, I know what's best for both of you."

" Saengie... We've been married for close to 4 years already and I can see how much you treasure me. I know you can sacrifice anything just for me, even if it means sacrificing yourself. But please, I just want the baby to be fine. Please... I can feel him, and he doesn't wish to be out now."

" I don't want to start the quarrel again. You think about it tonight. I'll go home to look after the kids now. I told them you have a major project that requires you to leave the country for a while."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------