Finally

Substitute

 

The concert was a success and the schools festival was a highlight of the year. Everyone knew that no school could top SMTown as part of a school festival. JoonMin had made her mark at the school.

 

The next morning Karen and Min had all their things packed. BoA and EuJin were standing behind the two as they took a final look at the apartment. They bid it good bye and then went down to the lobby where Karen’s family was waiting. “Victoria please take good care of Karen.” Karen’s parents said Min nodded.

 

“I will, plus she will have my brother and his group watching over her as well. BaekHyun will be able to stay with her more then I will. So she’s in good hands.” Min said and BaekHyun came their way with SuHo, Tao, and LuHan.

 

“We’ll send her back every major holiday.” SuHo said as per his agreement with them. The family nodded at him and then hugged Karen. Once out of the building Karen was left in Tao’s hands since she would be rooming with him once they landed in Korea. 

 

 

 

7 Months Later

 

Karen and BaekHyun were both shopping for what they needed for dinner. The two of them had become really close since Karen was the one to take BaekHyun to all his appointments. She basically became his personal codi from the time they landed in Korea. Karen didn’t mind since BaekHyun was constantly teaching her Korean and how to do house work. So when BaekHyun froze in his spot as they were heading to the cashier she knew something was wrong. His hand was on his stomach and his face went pale. She rushed to his side and he leaned onto her. “Oppa can you get to the car?” She asked and he nodded. She left the groceries and got him to the SUV. She placed him in the passenger seat even when he complained that he needed to be the one driving. She got into the drivers seat and rushed to the hospital. As she was driving she called Min. “JoonMin-ah.” She said as she kept her eyes on the road.

 

“Ren?” Min said as she wiped sweat from her face. 

 

“Um I’m headed to the hospital. Some things wrong with Baek Oppa.” Karen said and Min looked at the others who were scattered around the practice room. “I think he may be in labor. So could you get Yeol Oppa there ASAP.” Min got up and rushed over to ChanYeol who was speaking with Kris. She grabbed him by the back of his shirt and dragged him over to their bags.

 

“We’ll meet you there. And Ren stay calm. If he starts to scream at you call me back. I’ll have Yeol speak with him.” She said and then hung up.

 

“Yeah would you let go of my shirt.” Yeol snapped and Min glared at him. “What the hell is your problem.”

 

“Get your together now.” She said and he crossed his arms. ChanYeol had been grumpy there past months since BaekHyun wasn’t around him as much as he liked. “PARK CHANYEOL GET YOUR DAMN TOGETHER NOW!” She shouted causing all the guys to stare at them.

 

“I’m not following orders from you.” ChanYeol said and she grabbed his bag and threw it at him.

 

“FINE IF BAEKHYUN DELIVERS YOUR CHILD WITHOUT YOU ITS NOT MY ING FAULT!” She shouted and all the guys grabbed their things. ChanYeol was out the door before she could say anything else. The group got to the hospital just as Karen pulled the SUV up to the front. ChanYeol was by BaekHyun’s side within seconds. When they got Baek inside a huge contraction started and he screamed. It took BeakHyun 5 hours before ChanHyun was born. ChanYeol was so focused on an exhausted Baek that the doctor gave the baby to Min since he assumed she was Baek’s family. All the guys could only stare at Min and the baby. The child was content in her arms. She let out a sigh and smiled down at the bundle of joy. 

 

“saengil chuka hamnida, saengil chuka hamnida, sarangha neun ChanHyuneh ge saengil chuka hamnida.” Min sang to the child and kissed the top of his head. She no longer had to act like BaekHyun since she know he would be back on his feet and want to work again even by the next day. So she knew that she would have to be a substitute of another form. 

 

 

2 year later

 

Karen and Min were both busy in the kitchen when the guys all came home. ChanHyun was sitting on the counter eating an apple that Karen had cut up for him. “Umma Min, Umma Ren, Appas are home.” ChanHyun said and the girls smiled. The boy had never once called BaekHyun Umma but Appa and the man did not care. He was just happy that ChanHyun loved both him and ChanYeol. 

 

“Karen can I steal Min for a few hours?” LuHan shouted from the living room where all the guys were taking off their heavy winter jackets. 

 

“Do you really need to shout?” Min said and Karen laughed. Min had become quite the house wife since ChanHyun came into their life. 

 

“Sorry.” LuHan said coming into the kitchen. He gave ChanHyun a kiss on the forehead and the boy jumped into his arms.

 

“Really LuHan you give BeakYeol’s son a kiss and not your own wife.” Kai teased and LuHan glared at the younger.

 

“Well I’m not his wife now am I JongIn.” Min said and all the guys smiled at her. LuHan sighed and handed ChanHyun over to his dads. He then went over to Min and took her away from the stove. He lifted her up and placed her on the counter where the child had been prior. She was shocked when LuHan took a small velvet box out from his back pocket. 

 

“Well, why don’t we finally change that.” LuHan said and opened the box. Min’s eyes started to fill with tears. 

 

“I would say you took your time.” Karen said leaning on the counter. “Tao already asked me to marry him last year.”

 

“Oh shut up.” LuHan said and placed the ring onto Min’s finger. 

 

“Well you did take your time hyung.” SeHun said in JongIn’s arms. “She turned 19 at the beginning of the year. We were all expecting you to drag her to a church on that day.” The others laughed as LuHan chased SeHun out of the kitchen. Min smiled and Karen looked at the ring on her finger.

 

“You have a surprise for him as well don’t you.” Karen said and all the guys froze. LuHan and SeHun made their way back into the kitchen. Min wiped the tears from her eyes and then took something out of her back pocket. BaekHyun screeched already knowing what she was holding. ChanYeol and ChanHyun looked at him as if he was out of his mind.

 

“Since you guys just got back last night and you were really tired I couldn’t show you this till now.” She said and held a photo out to LuHan.

He took it and looked at her shocked. “I already sent a copy to your mother. She’s flying in in two weeks. My mother will be here in a week.” She said and he placed his hands on to her sides. He could only look at her stomach. “I didn’t know that this could happen. My IS should have prevented it but I’m ecstatic that it didn’t.” She said and all the other guys new understood what she had shown LuHan. They patted the older member on the back. 

 

“Congratulations Hyung.” The members said.

 

“ChanHyuneh it looks like you’re going to be getting a sibling.” ChanYeol said and the boy clapped.

 

“More like cousin.” Karen corrected. “ChanYeol would you please teach your son the right terms.” everyone laughed as ChanYeol just smiled at her.

 

 

 

Later that evening LuHan was laying in bed with his head on Min’s stomach. She chuckled as he sang to it. “You two are a gift sent by god to us.” He whispered. “Its a good thing I finally gave your mommy that ring now isn’t it.” Min his hair. “Jagia...” He said and she gave a faint smile.

 

“Yes Yeobo.”

 

“I know that Christmas is only a few weeks away. But what do you say to having the wedding then.” He said and her hand froze. “The others were right. I made you wait long enough.”

 

“Thanks you LuHan.” Min whispered, “A Christmas wedding sound wonderful.” He moved up from his spot and took her into his arms. She placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes. 

 

He kissed the crown on her head and whispered. “我爱你”

 

“나도 사랑한다” She whispered back and drifted to sleep as he rubbed circles on her stomach. 

 

____________________________

我爱你 = I love you

나도 사랑한다 = I love you too

 

A/N: FINALLY T_T its done. I know it was a bit rushed at the end but what can I say. I really hoped that you all liked this. I really had fun writing it. I'm actually surprised I finsihed this. I usually had a tendency of getting writers block in the middle and the fics go idle for years. I'm so happy it's done. Now to work on my next fic Replacement Managers and Coordinators. I really don't know why I have the need to have someone full in for another person. Any way again thank you for reading Substitute.