Dinner.

Let Me Be With You

I was alone. With Kim Jonghyun … again. My heart started racing again. I looked up at him and saw that he was looking back at me. Ah what should I do?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

 

This is perfect she doesn’t have a boyfriend! But she’s different, she’s not as experienced as the girls I usually get with but she’s HOT. Innocent face but just look at that body! I almost couldn’t control myself back in the library. Looks like I’ll have to take it slow with this one. Hehe.

I took her hand. “I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” She looked at me expectantly with her big innocent eyes. That’s really hot.

“You’re really pretty.” I smirked.

She blushed and looked away. How cute. I like girls that blush. And I like how she blushes; makes me want to bite those cheeks.

“You know you still haven’t answered my question.”

“Hmm?”

“From before? You said you’ve heard about me. So what exactly was it that you’ve heard about?” Probably about me being the hottest and iest guy in school. That’s good in bed too.

“Oh that well um … just that you were really good-looking that’s all.” Close enough.

“So you agree?”

“With what?”

“That I’m good-looking.”

She looked away, blushing again. How cute, has she fallen for me already? Keke maybe this will be easier than I thought.

“So Jinhee, how about we go out sometime? Get to know each other better?” I said, caressing her hand with my thumb.

She hesitated. How could she resist me?! I need to take it real slow with her I guess. “Tell you what Jinhee, get back to me tomorrow okay?”

“Okay.” She nodded staring at me with her big innocent eyes, biting her bottom lip.

Unf that’s so hot! 

 

JINHEE'S POV

 

I can’t believe the number of times I’ve blushed today! All thanks to Kim Jonghyun. Yeah I blush easily but not THIS easily. We exchanged numbers and he left soon after. I expected him to be … scarier? But he’s actually nice. I mean, he didn’t talk about so that’s good right?

Luna and Taemin finally came back. They both had wide smiles on their faces.

“Wow guys! Thanks for leaving me with him!” I faked a smile and then glared at the both of them.

“You’re welcome!” Taemin said with a laugh.

“So what did you guys talk about?” Luna asked.

“Umm well, he said I was pretty …” Luna’s eyes went big again. “Then … he kinda asked me out?” Now she was squealing and bouncing in her seat.

“And you said yes?!”

“I didn’t say anything. He told me to think about it first.”

“Really?” Luna asked unconvinced.

“That’s … nice of him.” Said Taemin almost not believing what he himself just said. Guess I’m not the only one who didn’t expect him to be this nice.

“So do you want to or do you not want to go on this date?” Luna asked.

“I don’t know … yes?” I said, blushing a little. Part of me does want this date. I mean, he is kind of interesting to me. Plus I haven’t been on a date since … ever.

“Ehhhhhhhhhhh~” both Taemin and Luna nudged me.

“What?” I pouted. “Why are you guys so excited anyway? Especially you Taemin, weren’t you the one who warned me about getting involved with him?”

“It’s not like we’re asking you to commit or something! It’s just for fun you know.” Luna answered.

“Exactly.” Taemin agreed.

“Plus he’s hot!”

Taemin rolled his eyes at her. “Since we all know what type of guy he is, just don’t take whatever he says seriously. Like Luna said, just for fun.”

“You’re right.” I agreed. It was true. It’s just a date.

“Just make sure you don’t fall for his sugar-coated words. This whole nice act he’s playing is probably just to make you fall for him.”

“And don’t go easy on him too! Play hard to get.” Luna giggled.

 

__________

 

 

I reached home to my brother and father watching television in the living room.

“Annyeong appa, wooyoung oppa.” I said, greeting the both of them who had their eyes glued on the television watching some soccer match.

Both appa and wooyoung oppa, aren’t my biological family members. They adopted me from when I was a baby. Of course we still had our mother back then but she passed on a few years back in a car accident. Appa was in the car too and fortunately he survived the accident. He took our mother’s death so hard; he was even depressed for about two years. But he’s better now, although his health condition hasn’t been so good ever since.

Wooyoung oppa was really hurt when our mother left us too but he pretended to be strong. For me. I know he loves me a lot and he pretended to be strong so that I wouldn’t feel like I was alone. I can tell that he still is hurt by our mother’s death. And ever since the accident he’s been very protective over me. I guess he just felt that it was his responsibility now that our mother’s gone and our dad isn’t in the best of shape.  

“Oh Jinhee ah you’re back?” Wooyoung oppa said without diverting his attention from the game.

“Have you eaten?” Appa asked.

“Yup! I’m tired so I’ll just go freshen up and go to bed okay? Goodnight appa, goodnight oppa.”

“Goodnight!” They said at the same time.

I hugged them both from the back and went up to my room. After freshening up, I crashed onto my bed. Mmmm my bed feels so comfy.

Oh! I got a text.

Kim Jonghyun: See you tomorrow! Sleep well Jinhee-ah, dream of me ㅋㅋㅋ

Hehe he’s so cute. Wait no, I must not fall for this.

Me: Ne, you too Jonghyun-ssi, goodnight~

I must’ve knocked out right after I sent that text cause the next thing I knew it was already the next morning and my alarm was going off.

 

__________

 

“Taemin ah, have you seen Jonghyun today?” I whispered to him during math.

“No. Why? Miss him already?” He chuckled.

I just made a face at him.  

After class, Taemin and I made our way to our lockers and saw that Luna was already there waiting for us. Both Taemin and I are taking dance as our major so we ended up getting into the same classes. Luna on the other hand majors in singing (she has GREAT vocals) so we don’t get to see each other as much except for during break and language classes.

Come to think of it, Jonghyun’s in the same major as her. She probably gets to see him a lot.

“So has Jonghyun oppa asked you yet?” Luna asked as we reached our lockers.

“Nope.”

“I saw him this morning. Don’t worry he’s probably looking for you right now.” She said excitedly.

“Speak of the devil. Here he comes …” Taemin said

I turned to the right and saw him walking down the school hallway, headed our way, smirking.

“Just be cool okay? “ I heard Luna whisper.

When I turned to answer, both of them were already walking away from me. Great why do they always leave me during these kinds of situations?

I turned back around to Jonghyun. He had girls squealing as he walked past them, smiling. It’s like there’s this aura surrounding him when he walked. Like he was on a runway.  “Wow …” I muttered under my breath. I felt like I was being hypnotized by his good looks or something. It’s like you could almost hear the song Troublemaker playing while watching him strut down the hallway.

He was only a few steps away from me now. I gulped as he got closer.

He placed one hand on my waist and the other against a locker, having us now in the same position as we were in the library. “Annyeong.”

“Annyeong.”

“Have you thought about it?”

I nodded.

“So are we hanging out?”

I looked away before I could blush again. “Yeah”

“Awesome. Let’s meet at the coffee house tonight at 7 okay?”

“Okay” I nodded.

He moved his face closer to mine, and whispered “Can’t wait,” winking at me before walking off.

I blushed and smiled to myself until I realized almost everyone in the hallway was staring at me. I turned to my locker, unlocked it and placed my books in it, temporarily hiding my flushed face.

After that I went to find Taemin and Luna who were waiting for me at the school gates.

Luna went up to me as soon as she saw me “So how’d it go?”

“It’s a date. 7PM tonight!”

“Kyaaaaaaaaa!” Both Luna and I did a small happy dance.

“What the heck are you guys doing?” Taemin gave us a weird look. “So embarrassing …”

 

__________

 

I went straight home after chatting for a while with Taemin and Luna. Surprisingly Wooyoung oppa was home. He’s usually at work during this timing.

“Oh oppa you’re home!”

“Why? You don’t like me being at home?” He teased.

“Aniyo … it’s just, nevermind. Have you eaten oppa?”

“Yep. You’ve had your lunch in school?”

I nodded. He started looking through the kitchen cabinets and the fridge. “Looks like there’s nothing for dinner. Should we go out to eat?”

Uh oh, dinner? But I already have a date with Jonghyun. And I haven’t exactly told oppa about it.

“Actually oppa … I have a date tonight so I can’t … sorry.”

“A date? With who?” putting extra emphasis on the ‘who’. I hesitated. Oppa wouldn’t know who Jonghyun was right?  

“……. Kim Jonghyun”

Oppa’s face stiffened when he heard Jonghyun’s name.

“Mianhae oppa, for not telling you earlier …”

Even though he looked calm I knew he was angry. I couldn’t tell if he was angry because I didn’t tell him about the date or the fact that I’m going on the date with Kim Jonghyun … OR BOTH. 

 

NORMAL POV

[Earlier today]

Wooyoung was busy as usual, working part time at a car garage. He was diagnosing an engine problem of a car that was sent in for repair a few days ago when he overheard the conversation from the customers whom had just drove in.

“… so then she finally agreed to go out with me tonight”

“What’s her name again?”

“Jinhee”

When he heard his sister’s name, Wooyoung peeked from behind the lifted hood of the car. It was Kim Jonghyun and his friend. Wooyoung recognized Jonghyun as he was a regular customer there. He also knew what type of a guy Jonghyun was having listening to him talk about a different girl to his friends every time he was there.

 

WOOYOUNG’S POV

Jinhee? Was he talking about my sister?

“She hot?”

“Hell yeah. All those curves and she's so innocent, it makes her even hotter!”

I clenched my fist listening to him talk about her that way. But wait … this still doesn’t mean he’s talking about my sister. And Jinhee didn’t tell me anything about a date either. There’s no way I can be sure right now.

[Present]

 

So it WAS my Jinhee he was talking about.

What the heck is Jinhee thinking messing around with a guy like Kim Jonghyun? Everyone knows he’s a player.

“Oppa are you angry?”

I faked a smile “Aniyo. Just don’t do anything you will regret when you’re with him, okay?”

“What are you talking about oppa … don’t you trust me?” She asked me, pouting.

I smiled and pulled her in for a hug. “Of course I do. Have fun okay?”

“Thank you oppa. Saranghae!” She did a heart with her hands and then headed for her room.

I chucked at how cute she is. I felt better but I still don’t trust that guy.

__________

 

JINHEE'S POV

 

“Wooyoung hyung is just worried about you. He’s just like any other older brother looking out for his dongsaeng.” Taemin reassured me.

“Maybe.”

We were at Luna’s. She’s helping me get ready for the date. I told them about what happened with Wooyoung oppa. They suspect he knows about Jonghyun’s reputation. Apparently everyone knows.

“Just forget about it already. He told you he trusted you right? And told you to have fun!” Luna said.

“I guess.”

“There! Your hair’s done!”

I turned to look at my reflection in the mirror. She had curled my hair and tied it into a low side ponytail. She even did some light make-up for me.

“Yay! Thanks Luna!” I said, hugging her.

“No problem! Anyway I think you should go now unless you wanna be late.”

“Aren’t you guys walking me there?” I pouted. Do I really have to walk there alone?

“What are you, five? Go by yourself!” Taemin threw a pillow at me.

“Fine!” I stuck out a tongue at him and grabbed the pillow throwing it back at him.

Luna grabbed my shoulders and made me face her. “Remember to tell me EVERYTHING once you get back. Okay?”

“Yeah yeah. I’ll guess I’ll go now …”

“Goodluck!” both of them yelled as I walked down the street.

I can do this … I think.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2! Take note the grey font is sort of like what happened earlier and the black is the present. Sorry it took longer than I thought. I always end up deleting the whole first draft that I've written and start all over.

Heh. I originally wanted to fit in their date here but I figured I should separate it cause I don't want this chapter to get too long. 

And thank you to the subscribers! I really appreciate it ^^