Jealousy

Let Me Be With You

 Key stopped in front of Jinhee, in between the two before leaving and said to Jinhee, “You look good together.”

Jinhee gave him a confused look as he walked away. She turned and saw Minho smiling back at her.

“I think so too.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jinhee sat on her bed, thinking. She let out a sigh and plopped her head on a pillow.

“Anything wrong?” her father stepped into her room and sat down on her bed, right next to her. She held out her hand and he pulled her up into a sitting position again. “Just thinking.”

“Well don’t think too much. It takes the fun out of everything.” She laughed. “You’re so weird appa.” She said slightly shoving him. He smiled at her whispered. “Is it about boys?”

“Maybe.” Jinhee answered pouting and playing with her bed sheets. He laughed. “You’re all grown up now even thinking about boys.” He moved next to her and she cuddled into his arms. “So which one is it? Jonghyun or Minho?”

She sighed. “Why does everyone ask about Jonghyun? I don’t like him. There’s nothing going on between us!”

“Now are you really going to lie to your dear appa?” He raised her chin so she was looking up at him. “I’m not lying!”

Jinhee pulled away from her father and faced him. She raised her right hand. “I promise, I’m not lying.”

“Sweetheart you’re lying to yourself. If you don’t feel anything for him, then why were you even thinking about him?” She kept silent.

“Look at me in the eyes and say you don’t feel anything for Jonghyun.” Her father said.

She couldn’t do it. “Aniyo! Appa that doesn’t mean anything.”

“So is it Minho then?” She shrugged. “I don’t know. I mean I like him, he’s nice and all and I guess he really likes me.”

“Sometimes I feel bad because I’m making him wait for me. But I’m just not sure right now. What do you think appa?”

“I think, that you should do what you think is right. Follow your heart. I can’t tell you what to do.”

She sighed. “I hate boys.” He laughed. “Okay, you better go get some sleep. Don’t spend all night thinking about boys yeah?”

Jinhee nodded and got under the covers. “Goodnight appa.” Her father kissed her forehead and got up switching off the light. “Goodnight baby.”

 

__________

 

In the school library ….

“Luna how’s your practice going?” Taemin asked. “Good I guess. My throat is starting to hurt though.” She swallowed some saliva and cleared .

“Really? Maybe you’re practicing too much. Don’t strain your voice.” Luna nodded. “Yeah I think I am practicing too much.”

“Drink a lot of water. I heard honey is good too. You should get honey.” Taemin said. “Um, okay thanks, Taemin.”

“I could get you the honey if you want.” He offered. “It’s okay Taemin. But thanks anyway.” Luna smiled at him. Taemin turned to Jinhee and found her smiling at him. “What?” he mouthed. She shook her head.

“Hey guys!” Key said as he walked over to them. “Shhh!” they placed their fingers on their lips. “Sorry …” Key muttered.

“You know, there’s this new girl in our department. She transferred in. I hear she’s REALLY good.” Luna said. “Oh! Must be that Ji … something girl right?” Key said. “Yeah! How’d you know?”

“Jjong told me. He said she’s cute.” Key added. “He did? She is?”Jinhee asked. “That’s what he said. What’s her name again? Ji … Ji …”

“Jieun?” Onew appeared and answered. “Oh hyung you scared me.” Taemin said.

“Are we talking about that new girl? Lee Jieun?” Onew asked. “Ah that’s right. Jieun. Her name is Jieun.” Luna said.

“So she’s really cute?” Jinhee asked again. “Why? Are you jealous Jinhee?” Key asked smirking. “No … just wondering.” She said pouting.

“Do you guys know her? Is she really cute? Can I see?” Taemin asked at one go. “Yah why are you so excited?” Luna asked. “Just curious …”

“Jinhee-ssi are you okay?” Onew asked, noticing she was staring into space. She snapped out of her daze. “Hmm? Oh. Yes. I’m fine.”

“No you’re not Jinhee. You’re jealous. Admit it.” Key said. “Am not!” She snapped.

“Jealous.”

“No.”

“Jealous.”

“No!”

“Jinhee ….”

“What? …”

“How do you feel right now?” Key asked, placing his hand over hers. “Like there’s something stabbing you in the heart, right?”

“Well I’ve never had my heart stabbed so I don’t—“

“Yah!”

Everyone giggled including Jinhee. “I’m sorry Key. Hehehe.” Key giggled too after not being able to stay serious.

“Okay okay okay. Now really, you’re jealous aren’t you?” Key started again. Jinhee looked around the table, at the expressions of her friends. Their eyes were all fixed on her.

“Do you like Jonghyun?” Her heart raced when he asked her that. She felt pressured from the eyes that were watching her.

“Well … I … I—“

“Hi everyone!” Jonghyun greeted as he took a seat in between Jinhee and Key. “AISH you babo babo babo!” Key snapped at him. Everyone laughed. “What? What did I do? And why was your hand on Jinhee’s?”

“Because you’re stupid.” Key replied. Jonghyun stared blankly at Key and then turned to Jinhee. “Hi Jinhee.” She laughed a bit and then smiled at him. “Hi. How are you feeling today?”

“I’m fine. Thanks.” He replied. They smiled at each other for a while.

Onew and Key made eye contact and exchanged looks. Key turned to Taemin, explaining everything with his eyes. Luna stared at the three boys wondering what they were up to. They all had evil smirks on their faces.

“So hyung I heard there’s a new girl that just transferred in your department. Heard she’s cute too. Is she really?” Taemin asked enthusiastically.

“Oh! You’ve heard? Yeah she’s cute! I saw her playing guitar in the music room yesterday. She’s really cute.” Jonghyun replied just as enthusiastic.

Jinhee’s smile faded as she heard what Jonghyun had said. She was no longer smiling but pouting. “Jealous.” Key mouthed to her when she turned in his direction.

 

JINHEE’S POV

“I’m not.” I whispered to Key. He thinks I’m jealous. I’m not. Well, maybe a bit. Just a BIT. Who is this Jieun girl.

I turned to Jonghyun and saw how excited he was talking about her to Taemin. Then again he’s always excited when talking about girls. I guess it was too obvious because he turned to look at me. “What? Why are you glaring at me like that?”

I wasn’t glaring. I was just looking. “No I wasn’t”

“Yes. You were.” I just stared blankly at him and then turned to focus on my work.

“Mwoya …? What did I do?” I heard him whisper to Key.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

“Mwoya …? What did I do?” I asked Key. Jinhee was glaring at me before. I don’t know why. Key just shrugged me off. I turned to Taemin and mouthed “Wae?” He shrugged me off as well.

Hmm wait a minute. She was fine before I started talking about Jieun to Taemin. IS SHE JEALOUS? Hahaha! I know what to do now.

I moved closer to her and placed my arm around her shoulder. She looked up from her work and at me. “I’m sorry Jinhee.”

NORMAL POV

“I’m sorry Jinhee.”

Jinhee gulped noticing how close he was. Jonghyun then hugged her from the side. Her eyes widened from the sudden contact and she was blushing hard. Especially since he’s hugging her in front of the rest.

“Um. It’s okay oppa. I wasn’t angry. It’s okay. It’s okay.” She pushed him off. “Are you sure?” He asked. “Yes. Yes.”

Jinhee could hear the rest giggling and laughing softly. Even Taemin, beside her.

“Hey guys.”

They all turned in the direction which the voice came from. It was Minho. He went to the side where Jinhee was sitting. “Taemin, do you mind if I sit in between the both of you?” He asked.

Jinhee didn’t want him to. Especially since Jonghyun was beside her. It would just make things really awkward. She bit her lip and gave a pleading look to Taemin. He understood what she meant. “Uh sorry hyung, she’s teaching me something so I need to be next to her.”

“Oh it’s okay then. Jonghyun hyung do you mind if – “

“Yes I mind.” He replied without even waiting for Minho to complete the sentence. “It’s okay Minho! You can sit next to me.” Luna offered, patting the seat next to her. He sighed but took the seat anyway.

Throughout the whole time they were there Minho kept his gaze on Jinhee as everyone was focusing on their work. “Stop staring at her, you’re so scary … “ Luna whispered to him.

“I can’t. She’s too pretty.” He replied. “Aw how sweet.” Luna was impressed. He really does like Jinhee a lot. She thought.

Jonghyun groaned in frustration. “Need some help?” Jinhee asked. “Hmm isn’t that what I said to you when we first met?” Jinhee blushed thinking about the situation. He giggled. “It’s just maths. I hate maths.”

“Hyung, Jinhee’s really good in math. She can teach you. She’s tutoring me in math too.” Taemin interrupted. “Really? That’s great! Would you teach me?” He asked her with puppy eyes.

Oh dear God his eyes.She thought. “Sure.”

Minho was frustrated listening to them.

 

MINHO’S POV

I want Jinhee to notice me too. I want Jinhee to ask me if I need help too. I want her to teach me math too.

Why doesn’t she take notice of me? Why doesn’t she care about me?

__________

 

NORMAL POV

“Am I really that bad of a choice?” Minho asked Luna after they left the library. “Why are you following me?” She asked, surprised that Minho was there.

“I just want to know. Why doesn’t Jinhee like me? Am I doing something wrong? Or is there another person?” He asked, pulling on Luna’s arm to stop her from walking.

She sighed. “Look, it’s not that she doesn’t like you. She does. As a friend.”

“She likes Jonghyun hyung doesn’t she?”

Luna shrugged. “I don’t know oppa. And she doesn’t either … If you don’t think you can be with her. Then just forget about her.”

“You know I can’t. I like her. A lot. And Jonghyun hyung is not going to stop me. Just watch, we’ll be together.” Minho said to Luna and walked off.

Just watch Jinhee, I’ll prove to you that I’m worth your attention.

“Luna you okay?” Taemin approached her. He saw the whole scene. “Yeah I’m fine.”

“He looked angry. What did he say?” She shook her head. “Just something about Jinhee. I guess he’s really fallen for Jinhee.”

“Amazing. Our best friend is suddenly so popular.” Taemin said. Luna laughed. “I know right? Nothing like this would happen if she didn’t meet Jonghyun.”

“You’re headed for Starbucks right?” Luna nodded. “Great, we can go together. Come on let’s talk about it on the way.”

 

In Starbucks ….

“I think Jonghyun hyung is better for Jinhee.” Taemin said while sipping on his latte and leaning on the counter. “Me too. Minho’s nice and all but, Jonghyun oppa’s more fun!”

“Fun?” Taemin looked at her. “Oh you know what I mean …”

“Too bad neither of them wants to admit their feelings …”

Luna went to the staff area to get some stuff. Taemin then heard the sound of glass shattering. He moved from his position and went to check on Luna. “Hey are you o— oh .”

Some of the glasses had fallen onto the floor and Luna had hurt herself trying to pick the pieces up. “Look at your hand it’s bleeding!” Taemin snapped.

“Luna, go treat your hands, I’ll clean this up.” One of her colleagues said. Taemin helped her get up from the floor and she sat on the couch in the lounge while he went to get a first aid kit.

“Why did you use your bare hands? Look now you’re hurt.” Taemin said while treating her wounds.

 

“Sorry … I wasn’t thinking … “She replied. Luna watched closely as Taemin cleaned her wounds and put medication on them. He realised how intensely she was staring at him. “W-why are you looking at me like that?” Taemin blushed.

“… You’re blushing?” She was surprised at his reaction. She’d never seen him blush before.

“No I’m just …. It’s hot in here.”

 

Back at school …

Jinhee was walking out of school alone. She then heard a familiar sound of a car. She turned and saw Jonghyun’s car slowing down on the road. The window rolled down and Jonghyun motioned her to get in.

“Where to?” He asked. “Starbucks.” She smiled.

“Why are you alone? Where’s Taemin?”

“Oh I said I’ll meet him there so he can walk with Luna and have some time with her.”

“How thoughtful of you.” Jonghyun chuckled. She laughed. “Thanks.”

“Hey Jinhee, can we um, hang out tonight?” He asked out of the blue. “Oh. Tonight? I uh …”

 

JINHEE’ S POV

I’d love to! But Wooyoung oppa …

“It’s okay if you don’t want to. I was just asking …”

Oh come on Kim Jonghyun don’t make me feel guilty. “Um, how about we hang out, with Taemin and Luna as well?”

He looked kind of disappointed. “Okay.” He smiled.

We reached Starbucks and he came in with me as well. I found Taemin sitting on one of the tables. “Hey.”

“Hi.” What’s wrong with him?

“Taemin you okay?” Jonghyun asked. “Uh. I think I blew it guys. She knows!”

“What?! You told her?” I asked. “No but I was helping her cause he hands were bleeding and then she was staring at me so I asked why are you staring and then I blushed and she saw it and so ugh I blushed in front of her.”

Jonghyun scoffed and ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Dude, chill. Where is she now?”

“Inside the staff area.”

I asked her colleague working at the counter if I could go in and she let me. I found Luna there on the couch, staring at her hands. “Luna. Are you okay?” I sat down next to her.

“Yeah. Hurt myself just now. I’ll be out in a while though you can wait for me outside.” She said. “Is Taemin outside?”

“Yeah. Why?” “Nothing.”

Keke why is she asking about Taemin. I went back to the table and sat down with Taemin and Jonghyun. “Relax Taem, she didn’t say anything about it so I don’t think she knows.”

“Really?! Pheww.”

Okay I lied she did ask about him but I don’t want him being so paranoid. I turned to Jonghyun and he was smiling weirdly at me. “What?” I mouthed. He shook his head.

I got a text from him a minute later.

Jonghyun: Liar.

How did he know??

Me: Shhhhhhhh!

“What are you guys doing?” Taemin asked looking back and forth between us. “Nothing.”

“Right.”

Luna came out at that time and sat down with us. There was this really awkward atmosphere for a while.

“Okay! So enough with this weird atmosphere. We’re all going out tonight!” Jonghyun said. “Why?” Luna asked.

“Just because.” He said. She raised an eyebrow at him. “Just come tonight okay? Let’s all meet at the park tonight at 7!”

“Okay.” All three of us said at the same time.

 

__________

 

“Why are we going out again?” Taemin asked as we walked to the park together. “Because.”

“Jinhee …” Luna said. “Okay … so he asked me out and Wooyoung oppa would never agree to it so I said we should all go together.”

“Great Taemin we’re just her cover so she could go on a date with Jonghyun oppa.” Luna said. “Nice Jinhee …” Taemin said.

“Aw come on guys, we haven’t hung out since forever.” I said.

“We see each other every day!” Taemin replied. “I mean like hang out for fun!” I said.

“Okay well this better be fun.” Luna said.

 

NORMAL POV

They reached the park and saw Jonghyun waiting on a bench. He saw them and got up, excited. He waved to them.

“Hi guys.”

“Hey.” They said one after another. “Where are we going hyung? Taemin asked.

“You’ll see. Come on.” He grabbed Jinhee’s hand and walked towards his car.

 

__________

 

HE'S HOLDING MY HAND! I turned to Luna and Taemin and they had a smug look on their faces.

His hand feels warm, it’s nice.

__________

 

I HELD HER HAND! Finally, been wanting to ever since.

Her hands fit in mine so well. I turned to her and she was staring down at our hands.

 

__________

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t mind, do you?” Jonghyun asked Jinhee.

“No. I don’t mind.” She answered, and held his hand tighter.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

(cr. littleshinee)

Updating this for the 5th time now because aff keeps deleting everything ): anw early update because of tests next week, enjoy :)