Ice-cream

Let Me Be With You

There were two people. A guy and a girl. The girl had her back on the lockers while the guy stood in front of her with his right hand leaning against the lockers.

Wait a minute, that hair…it’s Jonghyun! And Aeri.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

“Jonghyun, let’s talk,” Aeri said trailing behind me. She quickened her steps and was now right beside me, trying to keep up with my pace. “Please,”

All day, she’s been trying to talk which isn’t really a good idea at this time. I haven’t talked to Jinhee either except for that one goodnight text she sent me.

I just need some alone time to think about things.

“Jonghyun!” Aeri yelled and pulled on my arm, causing me to slightly stumble in her direction.

I glared into the big black eyes of the girl standing in front of me, my eyes full of impatience. “What?” I spoke with a deep and slow voice.

Her eyes softened and blinked away from my stare. The hand which was clutched tightly around my arm slowly relaxed and let go. “We need to talk,” She said. Her voice quivered as if she was on the verge of tears.

“About what?!” I yelled, still staring at her and observing. She’s hurt, I know that and I don’t mean to act this way but she has been provoking this side of me. If I say that I’m not in the mood to talk, then I’m not in the mood to talk, it’s as simple as that.

“About,” She hesitated and winced, biting her bottom lip and finally bringing her gaze back up to meet mine. “About us,”

“What about us?!” I yelled again.

“Why are you yelling at me?!” She shouted, her voice echoing through the empty hallway. Anger spread through her and it was evident from her face which was now a shade of red. “I’m right here in front of you, so you don’t have to shout—“

“Shut up!” I pulled on her wrist and swung her against the lockers. She whimpered and rubbed the back of her head which had hit the lockers hard. I shouldn’t have done that.

I sighed, moving in closer and leaning my right hand against the locker. Our gazes were both on the floor. Soft sobs came from her.

We were silent for a while. I could’ve sworn I heard a gasp from my far left towards the corner of the hallway where there was a turn. Lifting my head up and slowly leaning back a few inches from Aeri, I eyed the area and listened closely. Hmm. Maybe it was just someone passing by.

Turning my attention back to Aeri, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Look,” I started. “I’m sorry, okay?” She was still looking at the floor, her hair covering her face.

I tilted my head slightly and placed a finger under her chin, lifting her head up to face me. Her eyes didn’t meet mine. Placing my hands on her shoulder, I slowly pulled her into a hug and her arms s over my waist while she sobbed quietly on my shoulder. “I’m sorry, I was just frustrated and confused and tired—“

She kissed me. She’s kissing me. She lifted her head off my shoulder and crashed her lips onto mine.

I must be crazy, because I’m kissing her back. Momentarily forgetting about everything and anything else, I deepened the kiss, slipping my tongue into . Her arms moved up to my neck while my hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer.

She tasted sweet; even better than I remember. 

We made out in that hallway for the next few minutes, as if nothing had happened before, as if we were the only ones there. Unfortunately, we weren’t.

“Jinhee, wait!”

I froze, with my lips still attached to hers and our tongues tangled together. That sounded like Taemin’s voice. And if I had heard correctly, he was shouting for Jinhee.

I pushed myself off Aeri, both of us slightly panting. Turning to the left, where I had supposedly heard something or someone, I realised that it was Taemin. That means …

Glancing over to Aeri for a second, I gulped before dashing over to where Taemin was. From there, I could see her, walking fast and running at some point, heading for the exit. I was about to go after her before a hand over my chest stopped me from doing so.

“Hyung please,” Taemin looked at me with apologetic eyes. “It’s better if you don’t.” He sighed before chasing after her himself, leaving me behind.

I watched him go and seconds later he was already out of my sight. I walked back to where Aeri and I were making out just a minute ago. She was sitting on the ground, resting her head against the locker.

Picking up my bag which I had left before running off, I bent down to her level. “Let’s go. I’ll drop you off along the way,”

She nodded and got up, grabbing her stuff. We walked in silence towards my car; even the ride was silent. Plans of talking were thrown out the window. She thanked me before stepping out of the car when we reached her stop.

As I drove away, I could see her reflection from the rear view mirror, standing there watching as I went further.

 

__________

 

NORMAL POV

“I don’t understand,” Key mumbled, shaking his head.

Jonghyun had come over to Key’s house after dropping Aeri off. He figured it was better than going home to an empty apartment. He was on Key’s couch, face buried in his hands.

“Ever since that party, I’ve just been so troubled and confused,” Jonghyun said; his voice muffled.

“What’s there to be troubled about?” Key placed an arm over his friend.

Jonghyun sighed. “About Jinhee … Aeri …”

“Aeri?” Key raised an eyebrow at him and lifted his arm off. “Why Aeri?”

Jonghyun groaned and leaned back on the couch, making it bounce slightly under his weight. “She told me she loves me.”

“What?!” Key shot up from the couch and stared wide-eyed at him. “She said that? So is that why, that night you and her…?”

“No,” Jonghyun’s eyes were shut as he explained. “I didn’t want to do it. She made me. Then the next day, she told me she loved me.” He opened his eyes once again and looked at Key, who was already walking towards the kitchen. “And that’s why I’m confused.”

He opened the double doors of the fridge and took out two bottles, kicked the doors close and walked back to the couch. “I don’t see a reason why you should be confused, unless—“ Key paused, standing in front of Jonghyun.

Jonghyun sat there expressionless, waiting for Key to continue.

“Don’t tell me,” Key bit his lower lip and slowly sat down next to Jonghyun, passing one of the bottles to him. “Do you … have feelings for Aeri?”

Jonghyun kept silent, his eyes focused on the drink cupped in his hands, not even looking at his friend.

“I get it now,” Key nodded knowingly, “This is what you’re confused about; your feelings for Aeri. Am I right?”

 He nodded slowly, feeling slightly embarrassed. “After she confessed to me I just, I felt sorry for her. She looked so sad and all and I kept thinking about her and eventually started questioning my feelings for her.”

“I was confused, and I still am. That’s why when I went over to Jinhee’s that day and she started blaming herself and I couldn’t think properly and I just got frustrated so I suggested we take a break,” Jonghyun exhaled a breath he didn’t even realise he was holding.

Key simply nodded, listening closely to his friend. “Have you talked to Jinhee yet? I’m sure if you explain this to her, she’ll understand. She’s upset and she’s probably dying to talk to you.”

“Yeah, right,” Jonghyun scoffed. “Not after what happened...”

“What do you mean?” Key shook his head, his face full of confusion.

Jonghyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “Today…just now…we were…well I was…”

“Spit it out Jonghyun!”

“She saw me making out with Aeri in the hallway just now and she ran off I think she was crying I don’t know but I wanted to chase after her but Taemin won’t let me so I just let him run after her while I stood there like an idiot.” He spilled everything out in one short breath.

He looked over to Key who was staring blankly at him and shrugged his shoulders.

“You idiot,” Key muttered. “Why the hell were you kissing Aeri?!”

“She kissed me first! And I just felt the need to return it.”

“So you do like her.”

“I don’t! Maybe. I don’t know,” Jonghyun turned to Key with his big puppy eyes and a pout. “Key, help.”

 

__________

 

“Wait, what?” Luna stopped in her tracks and stared at the boy next to her. “Jonghyun…was making out with Aeri?”

“Yup,” Taemin pursed his lips and continued pushing the cart through the isle. “And Jinhee saw the whole thing. I came just in time to see the tears falling from her eyes.”

Luna bit her bottom lip. “I guess Jonghyun really did choose Aeri over Jinhee,”

“I don’t think so,” Taemin shook his head. “Hyung didn’t look so happy when he realised Jinhee and I were there.”

“Of course not, he got caught red-handed, why would he be happy?”

“No,” Taemin muttered, grabbing two bags of chips from the shelf and placing it into the cart. “I could see it in his eyes; he cares about Jinhee. He even wanted to go after her.”

“This is bad.” Luna said.

“What?” Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean it’s bad? It’s good because—“

“No no,” Luna lifted the two bags of chips that Taemin had placed in the cart earlier. “This is bad,” She shoved the two bags into Taemin. “Put them back.”

“But why,” Taemin whined. Luna pushed the cart forward. “They’re unhealthy. Now just do what I say.”

Taemin stomped all the way back to where the chips belong to and placed them back in their places. When he caught up with Luna, she was already making a turn to the next aisle. He noticed there was a tin in the cart which wasn’t there before.

“What’s that?” He picked up the tin and his nose scrunched up once he found out what it was. “Ew, oatmeal?!”

“Yes,” Luna nodded and took the tin from Taemin, placing it back into the cart. “It’s healthy. And it’s good for your brain.”

“No! It’ll kill me because it’s too yucky!”

“Oh stop being a baby, Taemin.” Luna rolled her eyes and continued pushing the cart down the aisle. “Be a man!”

“Hey, I am a man,” Taemin pouted.

“Yeah…sure. A man that pouts and complains about oatmeal,” They walked past the frozen foods, where the ice-cream was located. “If you keep acting like a baby, you’ll never get a girl. Most girls like manly guys you know,” She said, scanning through the ice-creams.

“What about you?” Taemin asked, his voice soft.

“What?” Luna turned to her left and almost gasped. Taemin was standing close, right next to her, with a certain look in his eyes.

“You said most girls like manly guys, right?” Luna nodded slowly. “So what about you? What type of guys do you like?” His tone was soft yet serious, and his bore deep into hers.

felt dry and she was staring back into the eyes of the guy in front of her. She shook her head slightly. “I…I don’t know,”

“What are we doing? Heh…” She looked away and chuckled nervously, still holding the tub of ice-cream in her hands. “I’m going to get this ice-cream for Jinhee—“

“What about guys like me?”

“Huh?” Luna turned towards Taemin again, her face full of shock from what he had just asked.

“What do you think about guys like me?” Taemin asked again, anticipation evident in his eyes.

“Oh,” She looked away again and blinked a couple of times. “Well…I—“

*Doo doo roo~ doo doo doo, Kissing you baby~ Doo doo roo~ doo doo doo, Loving you baby~ Jangnanseureon neoye kiseuye gibuni joa….*

She jumped slightly at the sudden sound and vibration of her phone in her jeans. Her hands slipped into the front pocket of her jeans and slipped out her white phone.

“It’s IU,” She muttered.

“Of course it is,” Taemin rolled his eyes and sighed mentally, “I’m gonna go pay for these.” He said as he walked away, pushing the cart towards the cashier, leaving Luna behind.

 

After her phone call, Luna went over to Taemin who was already at the front of the line, waiting to pay for the items. Hesitation swept over her when she saw him, thinking of what happened before but it all faded when he turned and gave her his bright smile.

“Guess he’s back to normal…” She muttered.

They walked off with bags in their hand; Taemin carrying most of them and Luna carrying only the lighter ones.

“So,” Taemin cleared his throat. “What did IU want?”

“Oh, she just asked if I wanted to hang out tomorrow.” Luna smiled.

He raised his eyebrows. “And what did you say?”

“I said yes? Why?”

“Luna,” Taemin whined. “We have plans tomorrow, remember? You said you’d watch a movie with me tomorrow and then we’d bring Jinhee out for dinner!”

Luna’s mouth formed and O shape as she stopped walking. “Oh I’m so sorry! I forgot.”

“But we can go rent a movie and watch it together with Jinhee now instead, right?” She continued.

“Whatever. Let’s just get this ice-cream to Jinhee before it melts.” Taemin mumbled as he walked in front.

“Damn it, IU is ruining everything! Why is she suddenly so close to Luna? This is not fair! I finally got a movie date with her and IU just had to spoil it all. Argh.” Taemin thought to himself.

__________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Jinhee. Aeri.

Aeri. Jinhee.

Jinhee. Aeri.

Aeri. Jinhee.

Jinhee. Aeri.

KIM JONGHYUN CAN YOU JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND?

I can’t. Sorry.

I’m going crazy, talking to myself hahahaha.

….I really miss Jinhee. It’s 9PM. Around this time, we’d usually be on the phone and we’d talk till 11 before going to bed. I really really really miss her and here I am, lying down on my sofa, thinking about her. Should I call her?

Nah, she probably won’t answer me anyway.

I’ve calmed down now. Not as frustrated as before, but still confused. I still don’t know what really happened that night at the party. I mean yeah, Aeri said we had but did we really? She could’ve just made up the whole thing. And Gikwang was drunk; who knows maybe it was someone else’s screams he heard that night. We couldn’t have been that loud.

Since I’m calm now, I should talk to Aeri to get things cleared up first. Fingers crossed. Hopefully I didn’t have with her.

After that, I can call Jinhee! And apologise and explain everything to her and then we can go watch a movie and have dinner and ice-cream and I can hug her again and cuddle her and smell her and touch her and kiss her and bite her rosy cheeks and—

*I’m bringing yback, yeah~*

I reached for my phone which was vibrating on the coffee table. IT’S AERI! Don't judge my ringing tone okay. A y song for a y girl—what am I saying?!

Okay I need to stay calm. I just need clarification of what happened and then I’m good.

I swiped the answer key. “Hello?”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poor Jonghyun he's stressed hehehe. Anyway do you guys like Aeri? Just asking. I LOVE Aeri haha I really do :P And my side couple is coming along. I think. I already know what to do with Taena it's just how I need to get to that scene that I haven't figured out ;)

Thanks for keeping up with my fic! :DD Another update real soon ^^