Abs, Grabs, Crabs -What?

Let Me Be With You

“Now let me go, please?” I pouted and tilted my head to the side.

But the look on his face told me he wasn’t falling for it. He pinned my arms above my head and pushed his body harder against mine. I gasped at the contact.

“You’re not going anywhere baby.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Stares. That’s all I’ve been getting since my boyfriend and I arrived at school, hand-in-hand. It started out with a few whispers and glances here and there but I guess news travels fast. Once I stepped into class, it grew quiet and all eyes were on me. 

Relief spread through me when I saw Taemin waving to me from his seat. I avoided eye contact with everyone else and shuffled quickly towards him.

“Morning Miss Popular.” He snickered.

I kicked him under the desk. “Shut up,” He rubbed his shin which came into contact with my foot earlier. “This is so awkward.” I covered part of my face with one hand.

“So he finally asked you huh?”

“Yeah,” I replied. “Yesterday.”

“About time…” The edges of his lips were raised slightly.

“But everyone’s staring at me,” Their gazes were burning holes in my back. I haven’t had this much attention since back when the ‘date incident’ got out.

‘They’re just jealous.” He looked over his shoulder at the other students in class. They, mostly the girls, were whispering amongst themselves and every few seconds, they’d glance in our direction. Taemin placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled. “Don’t worry about them.”

I couldn’t return the smile; not when I’ve just realised how extremely tired he looks. Dark circles covered the area beneath his eyes and he seemed rather pale, more so than usual. His smile faded and he broke into a yawn, rubbing his eyes and then slapping his cheeks slightly.

“Taemin, you look really tired,” He directed his sleepy eyes at me. “You didn’t get enough sleep this past weekend?”

He shook his cute head and pressed his lips into a thin line.

“Does this…does this have anything to do with Luna?”

His gaze dropped lower to the ground and he kept silent. The answer was obvious; he’d been losing sleep the past weekend just thinking about Luna and the unplanned kiss. I remained quiet as I waited for a response from him.

“She tried calling me…but I didn’t pick up.” He finally said.

“Why didn’t you?”

His eye flickered over to mine. They were starting to get watery. “What if she screams at me for kissing her? What if she’s angry at me? What if—“

“Do you really think she’s that type of person?” His gaze softened and his head turned away slowly, thinking over my question.

“Guess not…”

There was nothing else to be said. I shrugged my shoulders and took out a notebook for the lesson. Flipping to a brand new, clean page, I wrote the date on the top right hand corner.

I thought I was imagining things when I heard my name being whispered. I glanced at Taemin who had his head buried in his hands on the table. It wasn’t him.

“Jinhee!”

It was louder this time and I knew where it came from; the same few girls who had been whispering and stealing glances at me since I stepped into class. I slowly turned my head around and looked over my shoulder.

They were still huddled in a group. One of them motioned for me to come over. I hesitated for a moment but got up anyway. What was I scared for?

Two girls who were the nearest to where I was, scooted away slightly to make space for me. I smiled slightly and cautiously took a look around before joining them.

“Hey girls.” I said.

“Word is out that you’re dating Kim Jonghyun,” HyeJi, the red headed girl from across me started. “Is that true?”

 I nodded slowly in response. “I-I am.”

Everyone was silent for a while, exchanging looks. And then they exploded.

“How did it happen?”

“Have you guys kissed?”

“Does he smell nice?”

“Did you sleep with him?”

“IS HE BIG?”

Silence fell upon the whole class as the last question was yelled. All eyes were on Soyeon. I couldn’t help but giggle while she smiled awkwardly and sank back down into her seat.

“Girls girls girls, leave her alone.” The girl on my right, Nina, told the group. “Whatever happens between them, stays between them.” Her eyes shifted over to me. “Right?”

My eyes widened ever so slightly and a shade of red showed on my warm cheeks. “Yeah. I-I guess so.”

As if on cue, the first bell rang, saving me from further embarrassment. Everyone scurried off to their seats, including me. I sank into my seat, ignoring the smug look Taemin was giving me.

“You guys did something…” He whispered. From the corner of my eye, I could see him still grinning and I tried my best to ignore him, trying to control my expression. “It’s written all over your face. Naughty girl~”

__________

 

“Stop!” Taemin yelled and tried his best to pry his hand away. “You can’t make me!”

His right hand and leg were hooked onto the edge of our classroom doorway while Jonghyun and I pulled on his other hand. He’d refuse to go for lunch to avoid Luna. What, does he think avoiding her will make the situation better?

“ it up Taemin.” Jonghyun groaned, his voice strained.

I’m getting tired of this. I blew out air from my nose and released my grip on his hand, raising both my palms up. “I give up. If you want to avoid her and lose your chance of being with her, fine.”

Jonghyun and Taemin looked at each other and then back at me. They were frozen in their position for a moment before Jonghyun removed his grip as well and took a step back. “Agreed,”

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. “She’s right. You’re giving up right? So you won’t have the pleasure of being able to hold her like this. Or even kiss her like this.” His hand was brought up to my face, pulling me into a chaste kiss.

Our gazes were stuck on each other for a few seconds before we leaned into another kiss, longer this time. His hands on my shoulders turned me around to face him and my hands found their way up, around his neck.

“Okay okay,” Taemin sighed. “I’ll go…”

We smiled into the kiss, satisfied with his surrender, but we didn’t stop. We continued kissing and I could even hear gasps and squeals from girls that were walking past.

“Guys…” Taemin said through clenched teeth.

“Hmm?” Both of us hummed into the kiss, enjoying it. He tasted sweet and I’m pretty sure he loves my strawberry-flavoured lip gloss.

“Finally I found you guys!”

I pushed myself off Jonghyun slowly as I heard Taemin gasp. With wide eyes, I blinked at the figure walking towards us.

“Luna?”

“Hi,” She waved at us, her expression cheerful as always as if nothing had happened between us or between Taemin and her. “I waited at our table but no one showed. I thought something was up so I went looking for you guys.”

“Oh..” Was all I could say. We haven’t actually talked since that incident. Yeah it wasn’t her mistake but it’s awkward considering she hadn’t even called to make sure I was fine. Maybe she was giving me some space. Maybe.

Taemin was fidgeting my by side, flustered and nervous. I half turned to Jonghyun hoping that he would somehow lighten up this mood.

When he smiled and placed a hand on my lower back, I knew he got the message.

“Hey Luna,” He lifted his hand in the air to wave. “Haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Yeah I could say the same for you.” She replied, still smiling. Seems she already knows we’re back together. But then again why wouldn’t she, we were making out just a few moments ago.

I looked at the floor, not meeting her eyes which I know were desperately trying to meet mine. My hands were behind my back and my right foot was shuffling back and forth.

“Maybe you two should talk,” Jonghyun suggested. He kissed my temple before moving away, grabbing Taemin with him as they stood a few metres away.

“Hi,” Luna approached me slowly until she was only two feet away. “Can I get a hug?”

My face was blank as I simply stared at her. Of course she could, I just wanted to . She blinked a couple of times before looking away, fiddling with her fingers.

I broke into giggles when I saw her pouting with her head lowered. With open arms, I jumped forward and wrapped my arms around her. Her eyes were wide and she gasped when I tightened my grip around her.

“You didn’t have to ask. Idiot.”

 Only after a while did she fully take in the situation and hugged me back. She buried her head in the crook of my neck and giggled into it. “I thought you hated me,” She breathed.

I lightly smacked her head. “Why would I hate my best friend?” We pulled away and I cupped her face in mine. “Whatever happened that day was not your fault.”

“Then why didn’t you talk to me?”

“Well you didn’t talk to me either!”

“Okay okay, you guys just made up. Let’s not start another problem with the you didn’t talk to me thing.” Jonghyun walked over and placed his arms on both our shoulders. “I don’t know what happened but at least my girls are talking again.”

“You!” Luna pointed a finger at the flustered boy standing before us. “Why didn’t you answer any of my calls or texts? I got worried!”

“Worried?” Taemin titled his cute head to the side with his eyebrows furrowed.

“First you ran off and then you don’t answer my calls; how could I not be worried?! What if something happened to you and I didn’t know?”

Taemin’s gaze softened and he lowered his head. I could see his cheeks turning pink just as Luna’s were too.

I buried my head into Jonghyun’s chest and giggled into it. They were making me feel embarrassed for them. I wonder if this is how they felt whenever they watch Jonghyun and me.

__________

 

We walked to lunch together, Jonghyun and me in front while Taemin and Luna were bickering behind us. The mushy stuff only lasted for a few minutes before they started fighting over silly things again. I rolled my eyes as I listened to them argue over the movie they watched during the weekend.

The canteen was crowded with students, as expected, but Jonghyun convinced us (me) to have lunch here. We scanned the area for an empty table which right now seemed near impossible to find. Students were walking here, there and everywhere, making it even more difficult to look for a table.

Then, I saw someone. I recognised her pretty face and brown hair from here. It was Aeri. She had her chin resting on a palm whilst back-facing another person –a guy, sitting at the same table. From the looks of it….Key?

“This way,” I tugged Jonghyun along as I squeezed between students while Luna and Taemin followed behind.

Once we approached the table, Aeri’s eyes widened and she clapped her hands in delight. “Hi!” She looked almost thankful for our appearance.

“Do you guys mind—“ Her hand flew over to Key’s mouth, stopping him from saying anything else. I assume he was about to ask us to find another table.

“Sit sit!” She gestured towards the chairs before us. All four of us exchanged glances before taking a seat and settling down. “I’m so glad you guys are here. I was getting bored anyways.” She did a side-glance towards Key who scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“Don’t act like you don’t like me~” He teased, nudging his elbow with hers.

She narrowed her eyes in his direction. “I don’t.”

“Sure you don’t,”

She groaned almost painfully and reached across the table for my hands. “Someone please get him away from me.”

The rest of us laughed as Key simply shook it off as her being in ‘denial’.

“Leave her alone Kibum. She obviously doesn’t like you,” Our heads turned in Minho’s direction as he took a seat next to Aeri.

“Oh what? Is she your new eye candy now?”  

Ooh…

“Shut up Kibum.” He tried his best to ignore Key’s death glares sent right at him.  

His eyes met with mine for a few seconds before they landed on Jonghyun, who was staring back. Their gazes stayed on each other for a while, as if exchanging words through their eyes.

I could’ve sworn Minho smirked for a second there.

__________

 

“A week left before summer break,” His free hand intertwined with mine as the other stayed on the steering wheel. “I have loads of plans for us.”

He sounds excited; cute. “What makes you think I’m spending my summer with you?”

“Because you’re my girlfriend,”

I laughed. “So?”

“So. I’m your boyfriend and I want to spend summer with my favourite and the most amazing girl ever!” He kissed the back of my hand, making butterflies flutter in my tummy.

“Gross…”

“Taemin!” Jonghyun yelled. He glanced at the younger boy from the rear-view mirror. “I agreed to send the both of you home only if you make yourselves invisible.”

“You’re so cheesy hyung,” He winced. “It’s disgusting.”

“I think they’re cute,” Luna said matter-of-factly.

“Thank you Luna,” Jonghyun said. “See, girls like these things.”

“Guys! What are we going to do on the first day of summer break?” I turned to face Taemin and Luna. We looked at each other with the same knowing expression.

“The beach!” We all screamed.

It was our tradition; we’d celebrate the first day of summer break together at the beach. Only us. We’d sit on the sand with homemade food in front of us while we stare at hot guys walking around half and disturbing Taemin with our thoughts.

Guess I can’t do that now that I actually have a boyfriend.

And now that I’ve thought about it, this is my first summer with a boyfriend. It feels weird, but I’m excited.

“Beach? Does that mean I get to see you in a bikini?” Jonghyun asked eagerly, bouncing in his seat.

“Who says you’re invited?”

“Why am I not invited?” He pouted.

This is a Jinhee-Taemin-Luna thing. It wouldn’t be right to simply invite him because he’s my boyfriend right? I glanced at the other two.

“You can’t!” Luna yelled. “If you go, Jinhee and I can’t gawk at hot guys anymore! And I’ll be alone while she’s with you…”

That’s true. I nodded in agreement.

“Oh what’s the big deal? You have Taemin.”

I pressed my lips into a thin line to stop myself from giggling. Luna went quiet after that and Taemin was looking out the window with a slight blush on his cheeks. He’s been blushing ever so often these days.

Judging by their silence, something may just be brewing between these two.

__________

 

“I wanna go,” He pouted against my shoulder. “Please baby?”

“We have the whole summer to spend together. Just let me go out with them for the day?”

He shifted behind me, pulling me back so I was now leaning against him. “But I’ll miss you too much. Plus I don’t want you gawking over hot guys.”

I giggled. So that’s what this is about. “They’re too y. I can’t resist.”

“Jinhee!”

I laughed and looked up to face him. “Just kidding.”

“You want y?” He whispered. I furrowed my brows at him.

He started to get up, removing us from our position on his couch. Okay, now I’m worried.

“You want y right?” He started taking his shirt off, exposing his tank top underneath. Not only his tank top but his toned arms were exposed as well. I couldn’t stop staring. “I’ll give you y.”

I gulped as his hands stopped at the hem of his tank top.

“No! You know I was just kidding right?” I chuckled nervously. “Stop whatever you’re doing. Come and sit with me.”

“I thought you wanted y?”

“No, I really don’t.” I shook my head and took his hands in mine to stop him. “Uh. I’m hungry. Why don’t we go out and have some abs—I mean grabs—I mean,” I shook my head. What’s wrong with me?! “I mean, let’s go have some crabs at the newly opened restaurant? Yeah? You like Koatgaetang* right?”

A big smirk was evident on his face which made me blush.

“Have some abs huh?”

He took a step closer and leaned in towards me causing my body to fall onto the couch. I was trapped. Before I could even say or do anything, he yanked his tank top off, revealing his tanned, muscular body and six packs.

I looked away, trying not to stare at my half- boyfriend hovering above me.

My brother would not approve of this.

His hand moved to my chin and brought my face up to meet his before planting his lips onto mine in a deep kiss.

“It’s going to be  a great summer,” He whispered.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

*spicy raw crab

Wassup guys! SO sorry for this overdue update, I've just been sick and all the work piling and ugh. Anw, my tests are coming soon and so I'd like to apologise in advance if I end up doing another late update. sorry.

Hmm I was actually going to celebrate cause I finally got 100 subscribers yay! But someone unsubbed so... boo. LOL. And yeah this is a filler chapter hehe sorry, more stuff/happenings in this fic soon to come! :D Maybe I'll get inspiration after the concert ashsdgkjg ;~;