Agreed

Let Me Be With You

"Wait,” She called out again. I looked over my shoulder. “Who told you?”

“Jieun.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“You need to talk to Jinhee,” I stormed into the music room where I knew I would find Jonghyun. He’s always here, playing the piano or writing songs. His blank brown eyes stared at me. “Like now. Talk to her now. Explain everything.”

His eyes continued staring deep into mine, as if he couldn’t hear or understand whatever I had just said. What’s wrong with him?

“Okay give me your phone,” I charged towards him and went for his pockets. Only now he decides to react, fidgeting and turning his back to me while pushing my hands away. “Give. Me. Your. Phone.”

Now’s not the time to mess around Jonghyun. “What are you doing? Are you trying to me?” I froze for a moment, staring at him with a questioning look. An awkward smile formed on his face and he shrugged his shoulders. Seriously Jonghyun.

“This isn’t the time to be difficult, Jonghyun,” I smacked his arms. “Just give me your phone!”

“Why?!” His voice cracked into a high-pitched tone.

“Since you won’t do it yourself,” I panted. Fighting with Jonghyun is really tiring. He may not put all his strength into it –since I’m a girl, but he still is strong, and fast. “I’m going to do it for you!”

“No!” And with one last push from Jonghyun, I landed on the ground, just like Jinhee did a while ago in the hallway.

“Ow,” I whined and hugged my knees, burying my face.

Light footsteps, obviously Jonghyun’s, approached me and I felt warmth by my side. “A-are you okay?” He asked. “I didn’t mean to push you that hard.”

“My hurts.” I mumbled with my head still buried in my knees.

“Oh,” He said. “Do you want me to massage it for you?”

I started laughing at his question. I can’t help it; he asked a stupid question so seriously. Who would ask that type of question? He is so cute. So so cute. I lifted my head and started laughing even harder seeing how he looked really confused.

His face then brightened and he started giggling as well. I doubt he even knows why I was laughing in the first place.

His eyes became curved lines as he laughed and his cheekbones were as obvious as ever. I mentally sighed looking at him; the boy I love.

My laughter faded as I realised that; he’s the boy I love, and I’m trying to get him and his ex back together. I stared at him for a moment longer. He was still giggling.

“Stop that,” I said. His giggling stopped slowly and he blinked at me once. “What?”

“Stop being so cute.” I sighed and rested my chin on my knees.

“Um, sorry?”

I know, I know…I’m not supposed to act or feel this way but I can’t help it. It hasn’t been easy trying to convince myself that I don’t belong with him. Every time I look at him or when I’m around him, I just feel so happy.

Sure I’m “hot” and guys think I’m pretty but those are all superficial aspects. I honestly thought Jonghyun might’ve seen something in me; something that would’ve made him stay.

Unfortunately for me, he didn’t. So I was desperate, and I tried to be something I wasn’t; a flirt. I flirted with him almost every day. He didn’t realise it though, he thought it was just me being me.

Then one day, he started acting differently. Like just, different. He didn’t even bother to look at girls or talk to them. That’s when I found out he met Jinhee. It wasn’t hard to tell that he had fallen for her, though he probably hadn’t known it himself at that time.

Eventually, I started talking to him less, and he started hanging out with Jinhee more. I got jealous. And desperate.

So when Joon had that party and I overheard Gikwang inviting him, I knew it was my chance. Someone had given me some ‘advice’ and the idea of forcing him to have with me. They said it would bring him back to me. Boy was that person wrong.

And look at the mess I’ve created. I hate myself sometimes…

“Aeri?” Jonghyun’s melodic voice brought me back to reality. “What’s wrong?”

He placed his hand on my cheek and made me face him. “Are you okay?” I didn’t answer him. I could only stare at the handsome boy in front of me. His eyes were full of concern and…pity. Ever since I told him everything, I’d notice the change in his eyes when he looks at me. He pities me.

That was something I never wanted from him or from anyone. I just wanted love.

But I know, I’m not the one for him. Which is what got me landing on my in the first place; to get him back with Jinhee.

“I’m fine,” I said. I held out my palm in front of him. “Now, will you give me your phone?”

“I don’t wanna…” He leaned back and pouted.

“But—“

I was interrupted when the door creaked open and both our heads snapped in that direction. A head peeked in. “Hello?” It was Key. He must be looking for Jonghyun. The piano was in between so he probably couldn’t see us on the floor.

The door opened further and we could see his feet approaching us. I don’t know why neither of us had moved. We just stayed there, waiting.

“Jonghyun? Is anyone—“ He stopped in his tracks when he saw us, his shoes making a squeaking sound against the floor. “What are you guys doing?” His eyes were narrowed into slits, directed at us or more specifically, me.

 

__________

 

We told him everything. Okay, so I did. I couldn’t stop myself. Everything spilled out of me like a bullet train. Guess I couldn’t hold it in any longer.

Key didn’t seem surprised though. Jonghyun had probably told him everything. But I just needed someone to talk to other than Jonghyun. I wanted to make sure someone else knew the whole story before thinking of me as an evil person.

The three of us were seated on the piano bench, back facing the piano and me in the middle of them both.

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly once I was done. Key’s surprisingly a very good listener.

“I’m sorry, Aeri…” He placed a hand on my shoulder. “But I’m glad you’re trying to fix things.”

I smiled. “Don’t apologise,” I didn’t need another person pitying me. “Yeah I mean, what I did was wrong and…I don’t know, I just—“

He stopped me from saying anything else. “It’s okay. We understand.”

I glanced over to Jonghyun and then back at Key, smiling. “Thanks guys.”

“But you know Aeri,” Key started. He rested his forearm on the piano and looked at me. “If you ever need some company, I’m always here for you.” His voice echoed through my brain and he winked my way. I blushed slightly.

It was weird. I’ve never thought of Key that way, and I never will. He’s just not my type. I don’t deal with guys who’re updated on the latest trends and fashion way before I am.

“Key!” Jonghyun whined, obviously disapproving of his actions.

“What?” Key looked over my shoulder and shot Jonghyun a look. “You can’t always get the hot girl.” He mumbled, looking away.

“Whatever,” Jonghyun muttered. “You just can’t have Aeri okay. I don’t approve.”

I kept silent and watched as these two exchanged sarcastic remarks. But somehow, my mind just couldn’t stop worrying.

__________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

 

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

I thought Aeri would give up on this whole go talk to Jinhee thing after yesterday’s falling-on- incident. But no.

I stomped my feet and whined as she pulled me across the school campus, dragging me all the way to find Jinhee. It’s not that I don’t want to talk to her but I just can’t right now! I know it’s not the right time yet.

She won’t…she won’t want to talk to me either.

“Aeri, I can’t,” I tried pulling my arm away but she held on tighter and pulled harder. She’s so violent sometimes…

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked, panting. “Why are you acting like such a wimp?”

Hey I am not a wimp! I’m just…afraid.

“I’m not a wimp, okay!” I defended, still resisting her pull. People were staring but nope that won’t stop Aeri. Her determination scares me, really. “I’m just, uh…I’m anxious. Yeah, that’s it, anxious.”

“Aw, is poor little Jonghyun scared of his ex-girlfriend?” She teased, as if talking to a baby. A hint of blush formed on my cheeks.

“I’m not scared!”

This time, I pulled harder and released my arm from Aeri’s grip. But I didn’t walk away; instead, I walked right beside her, keeping up with her this time. She was surprised by my sudden willpower but a small, satisfied smirk soon appeared on her face. I’m not going to let her think I’m such a baby and that I can’t even talk to Jinhee.

Yeah I’m acting all cool in front of her but I’m currently panicking on the inside.

We arrived at the library where Key said she would be. The library a.k.a where we first met. Good times, good times.

“Why are you smiling to yourself? Idiot…” Aeri muttered, looking away from me as we scanned the first level. I made a face when her back was facing me. But she turned too quickly and saw it. Damn. She shook her head and sighed, walking in another direction still looking for Jinhee.

Hmm, I think I know where she may be. Whenever we went to the library, she’d always go straight to the third floor saying it was quieter and cooler.

“Hey! Follow me,” I whisper-shouted to Aeri. She gave me a sceptical look but trailed behind me anyway.

Goosebumps formed on my skin as we jogged up the stairs to the third floor, where it really was in fact cooler. “It’s cold!” I heard Aeri whisper from behind me. I ignored her though, since my mind was now fully focused on locating Jinhee.

After about ten minutes of walking around, we found her. She was sitting by herself at a big table that allowed five other people to sit along with her. The tables were arranged in such a way that there were three columns and about ten rows. There were more tables on the right side of this big library, with rows and rows of bookshelves in between the two sides.

I was standing at the front of the middle column, at least five rows away from Jinhee.

A big textbook and a few papers were placed on the table in front of her and she was staring at them with a pencil in hand. Her hair was tied up into a bun and her fringe was pinned up; she looked so cute.

I felt a hand on my back, pushing me slightly. It was Aeri of course. I turned and she made gestures with her hands telling me to approach Jinhee and mouthing the word go.

My feet were glued to the ground. Not literally of course, duh. I took a deep breath and managed to move an inch.

“Idiot, just go!” Aeri whispered. She was getting impatient, I could tell.

I stared at Jinhee and gathered all my courage to move forward. My right foot lifted off the ground. That’s it…good. Now, left foot. Aeri sighed behind me. I was about to move my right foot again when Jinhee suddenly looked up.

I ducked and pulled Aeri down with me, hiding under the table. I don’t think she saw us, or at least I hope she didn’t. In our squatting position, I could see her legs -not being ertic here if anyone thinks I am, and she was walking towards the shelves.

“You are such a little girl!” Aeri whisper-shouted. She was squatting as well and hugging her legs. Ooh I see you’re not wearing any shorts today. Smack. Oops, did I think aloud? “You ert!”

I rubbed the back of my head which had just been smacked. “Sorry…” I mumbled.

“Will you just go before someone sees us in this position?” Her eyes had a raging look in them as she said that, making me crawl away from her.

I continued crawling till I reached the bookshelves which were a table away.  Picking myself up, I rubbed my sore knees and brushed off some dust. Slowly, I walked down the column, looking left and right of each row to see if Jinhee was there.

Just as I peeked over to the next row, a book fell by the side of a shelf further down. Could it be…?

I quietly walked over to it and stopped when I was only a few steps away. I waited.

…No one came to pick the book up. Hmm. Maybe it just hadn’t been placed properly. So I continued towards the book at crouched down to pick it up.

But just as I did so, there was another person doing the same. Another person who was also reaching for the book. Our hands met and I instantly knew who it was. The spark I felt when our skin touched instantly gave it away.

I lifted my gaze to look at her. For a moment there, I was mesmerized. Her brown eyes were staring back into mine, slightly surprised. I took the chance to hold her hand. She looked down towards our hands and then back up at me.

“Hey,” I said, trying to break the silence.

“Hello.” She replied faintly. Her eyes kept staring into mine and her hand was still in mine.

“Did you drop this?” I pulled my hand away and picked up the book. Both of us stood from our positions. She nodded but her gaze was elsewhere. I handed her the book and she took it without even looking up. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

She gave a small smile before turning in the other direction. What do I do?!

“Wait,”

She stopped in her tracks and stayed there. Not even turning, she just simply stood there, waiting. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind. I could feel her body tense up under mine. Nuzzling my nose into her neck like I used to do, I whispered to her. “Don’t go,”

 The smell of her perfume was driving me insane; she smelled so good.

I waited for her reply, but nothing came. She was just standing there, making me feel like an idiot. Lifting my head up and pulling away from her, I circled around her so I was now in front. “Jinhee, what’s wrong?” I placed my hand on her cheek.

“Stop it,” she suddenly said.

I knew she would get upset if I continued, so I pulled my hand away and waited for whatever she would say next.

 “How could you?” She breathed. “Aren’t you afraid of how Aeri might feel if she finds out about this?”

I knew it; she doesn’t want me to ‘cheat’ on Aeri. But we’re  not even together, Jieun has somehow brainwashed her into thinking that we are.

“No Jinhee, she won’t mind,” I was still thinking of the right words to say. I mean, it’s weird if I just come out and say ‘Jieun is a liar’ and she probably won’t believe that either.

“Listen,” I took both her hands in mine. “It’s all a misunderstanding, Aeri and I are—“

“Together. Yes, I know,” There was a hint of anger in her words. I kept holding onto her hands no matter how much she tried to pull away.

“We’re not together Jinhee,” I sighed. “Please, believe me. I can explain everything.” My eyes bore into hers, begging her to trust me. But all I saw in return was a look of disgust.

“Just don’t,” She sighed. “Don’t talk to me anymore.” She frowned and tugged her hands off mine, and walked away, shoving me to the side. I just stood there, not wanting to make her even more upset. If I follow her and insist on anything, she’ll probably start crying. And I don’t need more drama.

 

I left the library and found Aeri near the exit. Her face lit up as soon as she saw me, but her smile soon faded as she saw the look on mine.

“How’d it go?” She asked in a cautious tone and her eyes were scanning my face for any hint of emotion.

“She hates me.” I explained blankly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, shaking her head. She was still calm. I guess she already knew this would happen. “She won’t believe me. I told you so.”

Aeri pressed her lips together and blinked once. “What are we going to do now?”

I thought for a while. How could I approach Jinhee and get her to talk to us? Even if I texted her, it’s not like she’ll show up.

There has to be a middle person. Someone on the inside; someone close to both Jinhee and I. And I think I’ve got just the person.

 “I’ve got it.” I snapped my finger. Aeri raised her eyebrows in anticipation. “Taemin.”

“Taemin?” Her face scrunched up. “Who’s that?”

“Oh you know, the guy that’s always around her.” I narrowed my eyes, trying to think of a way to describe Taemin.

“You mean the cute one?” She asked curiously.

“Yeah that—what do you mean the cute one? I’m cuter!”

I really am cuter than Taemin, aren’t I?

 

__________

 

“I’m telling you hyung,” Taemin sighed. “She won’t listen to me.”

I’d come over to Taemin’s house after class to get him to help us. I was in the kitchen with Taemin while Aeri was on the couch, watching television.

It’s not going so well. Apparently, Jinhee won’t listen to him either. Stubborn girl…

“She’s currently not in the mood,” Taemin said. “There was some misunderstanding between her and Jieun.”

I really need to do something about Jieun. She’s causing all this trouble!

“Jieun said Aeri and I are together didn’t she?” I asked knowingly, tilting my head to the side.

Taemin’s eyes grew wide and he nodded. “How did you know?”

“Aeri told me. She said that Jinhee thinks we’re together and Jieun’s the source.

Taemin stared at for a moment and then peeked over my shoulder to look in the direction of the living room where Aeri was seated. His gaze stayed there for a while before returning back to me.

“Well are you guys together?” He whispered.

“No, we’re not.” Aeri’s voice echoed the kitchen, making both Taemin and I jump. “We’re not together.”

“I thought you were watching television?!” I yelled. She really did shock me.

She shrugged and walked to over to the counter, where we were standing. “I was but I got bored.”

“So,” She tapped the counter with her finger and rested her head on her palm, facing Taemin. “Will you help us?”

“Since you guys aren’t together,” Taemin looked away and bit his lip, thinking. Aeri and I looked at each other in anticipation. This is probably my last chance of getting Jinhee back. My heart was racing and I had no idea why. After a while, he finally lifted his gaze and met both our eyes. “Okay.”

“Yes!” Both Aeri and I cheered. She ran over to Taemin and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Thank you Taemin! Thank you!”

Taemin chuckled nervously but hugged her back nonetheless. What does he think he’s doing?

I cleared my throat, snapping them back to the situation. A tinge of pink covered Taemin’s cheeks. Taemin, please.

He rubbed the back of his head. “So what’s the plan?”

I turned to Aeri. She was staring into space, her lips pressed together and eyes focused on something. For someone who’s gorgeous, she’s actually really smart. You don’t find that combination often. Other than Jinhee of course; she’s gorgeous and smart too.

I smiled to myself thinking about Jinhee. Finally, after whatever plan Aeri’s thinking of, we can be together again.

“Okay,” Aeri said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “We won’t make this hard for you. Just ask her out on Saturday and bring her to a café or something. We’ll be waiting there.”

Saturday?! Today is only Wednesday! This means I have to wait longer!

“Saturday?” Taemin mumbled. “I have a date with Luna this Saturday. How about Sunday?”

“No!” I yelled. “Saturday is already a long wait. I don’t want to wait another day if possible.” I pouted at Aeri.

She looked at me for a while and then turned back to Taemin. “You really can’t make it this Saturday?”

Taemin shook his head and shrugged apologetically. Aeri looked at me again. “Sunday? Please?”

I really really don’t want to wait till Sunday. It must be Saturday. It’s already bad enough I’d have to wait till the weekends, and now I’d have to wait till it’s the second day of the weekend. I don’t have that much patience! Not when I’m this close.

“I really want it to be on Saturday,” I whined. “Please Aeri? Please Taemin? Please guys? Please please please?”

Taemin and Aeri looked at each other. Aeri then sighed and turned back to me. “If that’s the case,” She glanced at Taemin. “Then we need to find someone else to help us.”

“Who?” I asked. There’s no one better than Taemin.

“How about Key?” Aeri suggested. “Since he already knows the whole story.”

“Key’s going to visit his grandmother this weekend.” Taemin said.

Bummer. I was excited for a moment.

“Wait,” Taemin said softly. “I think I know someone that may help.”

May? Well, at least it’s worth a shot trying. Both Aeri and I stared curiously at him.

“Minho hyung?”

“NO.”

__________

 

TAEMIN’S POV

 

Eventually, we got Jonghyun to agree with asking Minho for help. The problem now is, will Minho help? It doesn’t take a genius to know that Minho hyung would most probably refuse to, seeing as to how he likes Jinhee too.

But we’ll never know if we don’t try.

It’s Friday today. And tomorrow, would be the day of my date with Luna!

And also the day Minho has to bring Jinhee out to meet Aeri and Jonghyun so that this misunderstanding gets cleared up.

“Minho hyung!” I stood next to his locker and yelled over the busy crowd of students. He was making his way towards me with a smile on his face.

“Hey Taemin, what’s up?”

I wasted no time with small talk. Instead, I grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him with me as we made our way to Jonghyun’s car in the parking lot.

“Taemin, do you mind explaining?” He asked still trailing behind me.

I glanced at him, over my shoulder. “You’ll find out soon, okay? Don’t worry.” His eyebrows were furrowed together and a frown was evident on his face.

As we entered the parking lot and headed towards Jonghyun’s car, I could feel his resistance getting stronger. “Isn’t this—“

“Yes hyung, we need your help.” I opened the door to the back seat of Jonghyun’s ride and gestured for him to get in. I put on my best smile. “Please?”

He studied my face for a bit before sighing and shaking his head. “Fine. But make it quick.”

“Hello Minho.” I heard Jonghyun say as I slipped into the seat next to Minho and shut the door. His voice was low and soft. I think he was trying to act like one of those mysterious characters in an action movie. Lame.

“Why are you talking like that?” Aeri asked, making a face.

Jonghyun clicked his tongue and turned to Aeri on his left. “You just ruined everything!” He sighed. “Whatever. Hey Minho.” He said in a normal voice this time.

“Hi, I don’t think we’ve met.” Aeri turned to the back seat and reached her hand out towards him. “I’m Aeri.”

He shook her hand and gave a slight nod. “I’m Minho.”

“We um, have something to ask of you.” Aeri started. She glanced over at Jonghyun before explaining the plan to Minho. His fingers were laced together over his knees and his face was expressionless the whole time.

Like I said, he probably won’t agree to this.

“Why?” He scoffed. “What makes you think I’ll help you? I have nothing to gain from this.”

Jonghyun turned and put on a pouty face. “But don’t you want to see Jinhee and me happy again?”

“Yeah, I want to see her happy. But not with you.”

Ooh, burn. Jonghyun gasped and I tried my best to stifle a laugh. “See? Told you it was a bad idea.” Jonghyun whined to Aeri.

She held up a hand to make him stop and then turned her attention back to Minho. “Why don’t you want to do it? Is it because of your feelings for her?”

“Congratulations!” Minho exclaimed. “That must’ve been hard to figure out.” He said sarcastically.

“Okay okay, but…at least do it so that she knows the truth about this whole misunderstanding?”

“I’m not stupid,” Minho said. “She’ll jump right back into his arms if I do it.”

“Oh and I wonder why?” Jonghyun faked ignorance. “Maybe it’s because she likes me.

“You see? I’m not letting them get back together. I deserve her way more than he does. He’ll just make another mistake that’ll break her heart. I know he will.” Minho raised both of his palms. “I’m out!” He started to slide over to the other side and pulled on the handle to open the door, but it was locked.

He flicked the lock button to unlock the door but Jonghyun locked it again from the front seat. Minho unlocked it again and Jonghyun locked it again. This carried on for two minutes.

“Guys! Stop! Sheesh, you idiots.” I yelled. The sound of the lock button flickering was annoying me.

We all remained silent for a while, the only sounds coming from Jonghyun clicking his tongue every time Aeri tried to persuade him to work things out.

“Fine.” Jonghyun muttered.

“Listen,” He started and slowly turned to face us. “Help me out this time and I’ll make sure I do my best to not make her unhappy.”

“Do you think I’m her brother?” Minho shook his head. “No, I know you’ll do something stupid. And devastate her.”

“Okay, fine.” Jonghyun said. “This is the agreement; if I ever screw up and lose Jinhee again to the point where she doesn’t even want to lay eyes on me, then I’ll let you have her.”

“What?” Aeri and I cried at the same time. Both of us know that one way or another, that’s bound to happen and that means whatever we’re doing now is useless because either way, Jinhee won’t end up with Jonghyun.

Minho pursed his lips, considering the offer. After what seemed like forever, a smirk formed on his face, indicating the agreement on his part. “Okay.”

Oh boy.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy things were supposed to be in this chapter but it got too long huhuhu surry~ And it's a late update too otl I kept sleeping after typing a few lines lol don't kill me guys :P

Soooo Taemin and Luna's date next chapter, are you guys ready for it?? ^__^ The next chapter won't be too long from now, promiseeee.