Mr & Mrs.

Let Me Be With You

“Well then you have to keep up,” He fastened his pace and turned back to me, tossing his bottle of water before running off. I caught the bottle in my hands and gulped down the water. Then I started running after him myself, feeling the adrenaline rushing through my body.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Luna's POV

 

“This is bad; real bad,” I said to Taemin as we walked down the beach. The sun had set and yet the place seems more awake than ever. There were rows of burning torches which lit the place up and there was even a Hawaiian Torch Dance performance going on at an outdoors restaurant at one end of the beach where everyone was crowding over.

We all came down together but somehow got separated and I ended up with Taemin. “What are you talking about?” He mumbled as we walked on.

“About Jonghyun’s parents?” We could hear the crowd cheering in the distance, and more people were now running in the same direction to join them.

“Oh,” Taemin said. “We’ll be here won’t we? I’m sure Jinhee won’t have anything to worry about,” He said calmly. I disagree. Jonghyun’s parents are rich. Who knows what they can do with their money just to separate those two. “Plus,” He continued. “Wooyoung doesn’t like Jonghyun either, so it’s fair on both parts.”

I groaned. “How are you so calm about this?”

"Because," He sighed. "This isn't any of our business right now. If, I said if, their parents really do treat Jinhee like trash, then it becomes our business."

When he puts it that way it does make sense. I don't even know why I'm so worried. But I just have a bad feeling. Not wanting to ruin the mood, I shook it off. "You're right, let's not think about it anymore."

"You're the one who brought it up," Taemin said. "Bimbo,"

Did he just say what I think he did? "Bimbo?!" I yelled and shoved him to the side. He started laughing and lifted his arms up to defend himself. "Idiot! I'm not a bimbo!" I yelled again and folded my arms against my chest, turning away from him.

I felt his arm land over my shoulder and his free hand pull my face towards him. "You kind off are sometimes," He whispered. I trashed around again, pushing his arm away and shoving him to the soft sand. He ended up bursting into laughter again, rolling around on the sand. I liked seeing him so happy, even if he was making fun of me. The sound of his cute laughter makes me calm.

I sighed and sat next to where he was lying. "You annoying brat," I muttered. He sat up and scooted closer, once again swinging his arm over my shoulder and pulling me close. "Oh come on Luna I was just kidding," He snickered at the last word.

"If I'm such a bimbo then why are you still friends with me?" I pouted and hugged my legs, burying my face into my kness. I heard him laughing again. "Because I like you,"

I lifted my head up and looked at him just to make sure I heard right. If I did, he said he liked me. "What?" His hand around me grew tense and so was the expression on his face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "I..I like you...as..as you are?" It sounded more like a question than an answer.

And I’m not sure why but, it left part of me disappointed. Why would I be disappointed? Was I expecting something else? I shook it off and faked a smile. “Oh. I thought…nevermind,”

He returned it with a smile of his own though it lacked the sincerity that I usually see. Both of us grew quiet then, just looking into the distance; the dark black ocean that moved before us. The sound of the waves crashing onto the beach mixed with the sound of kids playing and the cheering from the performance, made the atmosphere a calm and happy one. And I was glad that I was here with Taemin.

“Um, Taemin?” I started. His eyes were fixed onto the waters, watching as they hit the shore. The light coming from a lighted torch lit his face, making it glow. He truly looked amazing from here.

“Hmm?” His voice broke through my thoughts and he was now looking at me with a confused look on his face. “Is something wrong?” He asked.

“No. I just…” I paused and gulped, trying to remove the lump that had formed in my throat. Hesitating, I thought if I should just stop. But then I looked into his eyes and fell deep into his gaze. “Remember that time when you tripped, and we unintentionally kissed?”

“Yeah?” He answered slowly and almost nervously. Blinking a couple of times, he then fixed his gaze onto me, waiting for what I had to say next.

“It was—“

“Hey guys! I brought ice-cream,” Key sang his way to us, with two cones in one hand and one of his own in the other. Onew followed behind Key, already his ice-cream.

Hyung!” Taemin whined and stomped his feet onto the sand like a little kid. It was cute. Key gasped and took a step back with his mouth agape. “What is wrong with you Taemin?”

I looked up at Onew who leaned in closer to Key with a smug look on his face. Raising both my eyebrows, I questioned that expression. But he simply nodded his head slowly and moved in to whisper to Key. We heard him anyway.

“I think we were interrupting something,” He said, making Key’s eyes grow wide.

“Oh! Oops,” Key shrugged and pressed his lips into a thin line. I reached out for the ice-cream in his hand and asked them to join us. They did. Even though Taemin tried to get them not to. I didn’t mind though; they were entertaining.

Both of them had squeezed in between Taemin and me, separating us. Then Key started going on and on about how he and Onew ran into some girls which offered them drinks and other ‘stuff’. I heard, but I didn’t listen. Every now and then I would just nod and smile, pretending to be paying attention.

I don’t know why, but I was too distracted to listen to him. I was distracted by Taemin, and how his face lit up and his eyes curved whenever Onew did or say something funny. Weird. I can’t stop staring.

“Well if you haven’t figured it out yet,” Key’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He turned to look at Taemin and then back at me. Taemin and Onew were still engaged in their own conversation to notice us. “Then I really don’t know what to say,”

I furrowed my brows. What is he on about? “Figured what out?” I asked.

He sighed and brought his palm up to his forehead. “Taemin,” He whispered. “Figure him out,” I moved back a little, taken aback by what he said and I looked at him as if he was crazy. “What d’you mean?” I asked again slowly.

“Whatever you think I mean,” He said simply and pulled me back to my position so he could continue his story. I looked over his shoulder only to lock eyes with Taemin. We smiled for a while before he turned his attention back to Onew.

I think I know what Key means.

__________

Jinhee's POV

 

“Wow,” I gasped, taking in the sight of the night sky here. You could tell the difference from the sky here and back home. There weren’t as much lights here as there is in our city, so looking up at the night sky was like looking at a painting of of stars. “Look Jonghyun, stars.” I said, dreamily.

He looked up in awe as we continued down the beach with him carrying me on his back. My arms were around his neck and his hands were holding the back of my knees, supporting me.

"There's only one star which I can see," he said softly. I nuzzled into the crook of his neck and smiled, taking in his scent. "Oh really?" I said. "Tell me more,"

"Hmm well, it's really beautiful," He started. I could hear him chuckling softly as he thought of more things to describe this 'star'. "It's cute too, and fun to be with. It's also kind of heavy..."

"Hey!" I slapped his shoulder and he laughed, losing his balance a bit. He leaned his head back to rest it against mine. I love moments like these; when we're together and we don't say a word because we don't have to, our love speaks for itself. I love him so much.

I kissed his cheek, leaving a light pink stain on it which he loves. He says he likes the look of it because it's like I'm leaving my mark on him. He’s so cute sometimes.

He then cleared his throat, which only meant he felt uneasy over something. And it's probably the same thing I was feeling uneasy about. "My parents will arrive tomorrow," He said weakly. "At noon. Do you want to come with me to welcome them at the hotel lobby?"

"Not really..." I mumbled, making him chuckle. Honestly, I wanted to avoid them at all costs. But I didn't want to hurt Jonghyun and make him think that I hated his family. I don’t. I just don’t want to see them.

"Please?" He asked cutely. Letting me down from his back, he stretched from left to right before standing in front of me and pulling me close. He pouted a little. How could I say no to this adorable guy? He whined once more before I gave in and said yes.

What else could I say? That I don’t want to meet his family? Trying to think positively, I shook those negative feelings away and focused on the brighter side. Who knows, maybe after this trip, they might just end up accepting our relationship.

__________

 

Noon came faster than I expected. After our talk last night, we met up with the rest before going back to our rooms and calling it a night. It’s already noon and Jonghyun’s parents will arrive anytime now, but here I am still trying to pick out which dress to wear.

“Jinhee, it was fine the first time and it’s fine now. Let’s go,” Jonghyun ordered from the door, gesturing for me to get out. I was undecided between my blue or yellow dress. I had tried on the blue one first and then changed into the yellow one, only to change back into the blue one. “Are you sure this is okay?” I asked, playing with my fingers.

He groaned and dragged his hand over his face for the tenth time. “Yes,”

I turned to Aeri and Luna who were lazing around in bed, still in their pyjamas and flipping through the channels on the television. They stared blankly at me, not knowing what I wanted. Hmm, something’s definitely wrong with these two. They’ve been acting strange. “Well, girls?” I asked.

“Yeah, blue one’s nice,” Luna said sleepily while Aeri simply nodded in agreement not even bothering to open . Turning back to the mirror, I groaned, unsatisfied. The blue one kind of makes me look fat and the yellow one makes me look…yellow. “Maybe I should change,” I said hurriedly and grabbed the yellow one from the bed to change into.

“You know what,” Jonghyun marched up to me from the door, and snatched the dress from my hands. He said, leaning in closer and trapping me in between him and the bed. Aeri and Luna’s attention were now on us instead. Jonghyun’s hands landed on my hips and our bodies were touching. “If it were up to me,” He said seductively, “You look better without either of these on,” And before I could say anything, he pushed me to the side, against the wall and crashed his lips onto mine in a passionate kiss.

I felt myself burn, not only because of him but also because Aeri and Luna were watching us. I heard one of them gasp as he pinned my arms on either side of me.

“Hey hey hey!” Aeri yelled, breaking us up. “Take it outside. Some of us don’t enjoy live ,” She said as a matter-of-factly. I blushed a deep red as soon as he pulled away and I could see from the look on his face, that he liked it. I ran out first, grabbing my things and leaving Jonghyun to catch up with me at the lift lobby.

“I hate you,” I pouted and refused to look at him. He circled me and hooked his arm over mine even though I resisted. “No, you don’t hate me,” He said. “If you did, then you wouldn’t be following me right now to welcome my parents.”

He got me there. But still. My face was still red and I was still breathing heavily. We entered the lift and I folded my arms as he pressed the button of the lobby. “You embarrassed me!” I said to him.

“But you liked it,” He teased, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I pouted and took one step closer. “No, I didn’t. And I will get my revenge.” As soon as I finished my sentence, the elevator bell rang and the doors opened to the lobby. He held my hand and gave me a chaste kiss. “Revenge later babe. Time to meet the Kims.”

Oh boy. Just in time too. They stepped into the hotel lobby at the same time, making the butterflies in my tummy flutter. I followed behind as Jonghyun walked towards his parents with a smile on his face. As we got closer, I slid further behind him trying to remain unnoticed.

“Hi,” He greeted them, bowing and so did I. Watching from the side, I stood silent as he hugged his parents. Seems like his sister isn’t here. My attempts to remain invisible ended when Mrs. Kim glanced over to me, smiling as she did so. “Is that..?” She asked Jonghyun softly.

“Oh yes,” Jonghyun stumbled a bit and pulled me next to him. “This is Jinhee, my…my girlfriend.” I bowed down to them once again and smiled. What else was I supposed to do in this awkward situation. “Nice to meet you, again.” Mrs Kim said.

“You too,” I said. I then turned my attention to Mr Kim who seemed to be scrutinising me. “Nice to finally meet you Mr Kim,” His strong gaze met mine and I realised where Jonghyun got his charisma from. He nodded and smiled, saying nothing. He doesn’t seem so bad.

“Why don’t you guys check in first,” Jonghyun said. “We’ll see you later.”

“Oh yes, sure. Go on,” Mrs Kim said before they left for the registration counter where Aeri’s parents were waiting. Jonghyun held my hand and squeezed it, breathing out a sigh of relief. I was relieved too, but distracted by how his parents and Aeri’s were interacting so well together.

“Do they know each other?” I asked. Jonghyun followed my gaze towards them and nodded. “Yup. Business stuff,”

This just gives me a really bad feeling.

__________

 

They haven’t been here for a day and I already feel so separated from Jonghyun. They had him follow them to some fancy show together with Aeri and her parents. The rest of us decided to go into the town area to do some shopping.

I put on a smile even if it was fake, so that I wouldn’t ruin everyone else’s time. They hardly noticed; I think. I tied my hair into a bun and whistled as I walked, taking a look at all the shops we were passing by.  This one shop, selling handmade bracelets and necklaces caught my attention. The shop was mended by a young girl, probably my age. And I’m guessing they were handmade by her.

I moved my fingers over the bracelets. They were all so pretty. One especially caught my eye. It was made with blue and green beads, and the blue ones we arranged to gradually end with three stars. “That one is, shooting star,” The girl said with a smile on her face. Shooting star. I thought so. I smiled back and nodded. “It’s nice,”

“You okay there?” Minho’s voice called out from behind. When I turned, he was already next to me with his hand on my lower back. “Yup,” I nodded. I haven’t really talked to Minho much. Especially since Jonghyun and him fought over me. Again.

“So where’s Jonghyun?” He asked as if trying to tease me. He perfectly knew where Jonghyun was, why bother asking? Was it to rub it in? “You know where he is Minho. Don’t be a pain…” I muttered. He scoffed and picked up a bracelet to look at. “And you’d think he’d bring you, his girlfriend along. But nope.”

He’s getting on my last nerve. Why must he always put Jonghyun down? “Stop it Minho. I know what you’re doing.” I snapped. He shook his head and turned to me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pressed together. “What?” He asked. “What am I doing?”

I blew out a huff of air and placed the shooting star bracelet back in its place before bowing to the young girl and storming off. What’s the point of staying there any longer if all I have to do is listen to Minho being annoying.

“Wait up,” I heard him call out to me and his footsteps approaching. I knew he would catch up so I didn’t bother trying to run. I’m just going to ignore him. “Are you angry?” He asked. Well obviously. He walked in step with me, arm over my shoulder. “Look,” He sighed. “I’m just saying. But if I were him, I’d figure out some way to have you come along. I mean, you are his girlfriend.”

“He doesn’t have a choice,” I said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Minho scoffed. “So it’s okay to have Aeri come along and not you? Couldn’t he have thought of something to have you come along? What kind of boyfriend is—“

“Will you shut up?” I snapped, pushing his arm off me and turning away. “Whatever you’re trying to do, it’s not working.” I said firmly.

“What’s not working?” My brother’s voice interrupted me before I could say anything else. He walked up to us and looked back and forth between Minho and me. “Well?” He asked again.

“It’s Minho. He’s making me upset,” I sulked, hugging my brother from the side. He placed a hand on my head before turning to Minho. “Enough Minho,”

“I was just saying,” He defended himself.

“Okay enough. Let’s go, the others are waiting.” He pulled me by my hand and gestured for Minho to come along as he led the way.

__________

 

“Taemin do you want these carrots? I don’t like them,” Luna asked Taemin, completely ignoring me, in between them. Taemin nodded and lifted his plate out in front of me for Luna to place the food on. He then asked her if she wanted to try some of the fish he was having. I feel so ignored. But it’s okay. There’s something going on here. I decided to tease them this time.

“Do you want to switch places Taemin?” I asked, loud enough for Luna to hear. He raised his eyebrows and shook his head. “Oh no, it’s okay.” He was blushing a little from the stares we got. “Why not?” I asked again. “It’ll be easier for the both of you to—argh”

Something – or two somethings hit either side of my legs, making me whimper in pain. I pouted and looked back and forth between the both of them. Everyone else at the table had turned their attention to us now. “Sheesh guys, if you wanted to sit together just say so. Kicking isn’t necessary,” I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“Jinhee,” Luna said softly through clenched teeth. I had to stop myself from giggling. The others were already smiling to themselves and Taemin had gone quiet, busying himself with food.

I smiled, satisfied with myself. But when I looked up at the person sitting across from me, my smile turned into a frown. It was Minho. He was smiling too, but I just didn’t feel like smiling back. He furrowed his brows and pouted when I ignored him.

I then saw him taking a paper napkin and writing something on it with a pencil. Pretending I wasn’t interested, I continued to eat. Until the napkin flew my way and landed next to my plate. I looked at him suspiciously one last time before opening up the napkin.

It wrote: Sorry Jinhee ):

Well…I could forgive him. He didn’t mean it I’m sure. I folded the napkin back and looked up at him. He raised his eyebrows. I smiled. He smiled too and chuckled a bit, obviously happy.

“Hey look, it’s Hana!” Onew exclaimed from his seat. Everyone looked up and waved at her, making her way to our table. The look on her face tells me something isn’t right. She decided to go along with Aeri and everyone else earlier on, but I guess she ditched.

Sighing as she took a seat, she looked at all of us. “We have a problem,” She said.

“What…is it?” Key asked carefully, eyeing her from his seat. Secretly, I was praying it had nothing to do with Jonghyun or his parents. But when her gaze met mine, I knew it did.

“After spending half of my morning and afternoon with boring people –I have no idea how Jonghyun and Aeri do it. It’s just so—“

“Hana?” I interrupted her softly. “What’s the problem?” I didn't want to wait any longer. 

She gulped and bit her lip. “I think…” My heard was racing just waiting for her to say it. Part of me might already have an idea of what she’s going to say. “They’re trying to set up Aeri and Jonghyun,”

“What?!” The rest cried out in shock. But I already knew. I already knew when I saw how happily their parents were interacting before. Taemin placed a hand on my shoulder while everyone else stole glances at me. I was fighting back the tears in my eyes. It was embarrassing to have everyone know. What would they think of my relationship with Jonghyun? 

“They don’t know it though…” She continued, giving me apologetic glances every now and then. “I overheard their parents talking just before I went out to meet them.”

Their parents. They probably think I'm not worth their son. It's not fair that they haven't even given me a chance. They don't know me. But then, it isn’t Jonghyun or Aeri’s fault, so I'm not going to take this out on them. And knowing Jonghyun, he loves me. So I have nothing to worry about. Right?

Then why do I feel like I've lost Jonghyun already? 

__________

 

“Don’t worry Jinhee,” Hana was hugging and comforting me, rubbing my back while I cried on her. The tears just fell as soon as we reached the hotel room. And Hana was nice enough to lend me her shoulder. We were standing at the balcony of the room as I sobbed and tried to fight back more tears. I didn’t want to cry. This was nothing. Jonghyun isn’t going to be with Aeri. Or not yet at least….No, he isn’t.

“You love Jonghyun right?” Hana asked as she held both my arms and pushed me off slightly to look me in the eye. I nodded. “And he loves you?” I nodded again. “Then you have nothing to worry about! Come on,”

I sniffed and took a deep breath. “You know, that Aeri loves Jonghyun too right?” Hana’s mouth opened in shock and her face was full of confusion. “What?” She asked softly.

I know that Aeri wouldn’t be so cruel. I mean, she’s brought us together. So I don’t know why I’m even bringing this up. Hana didn’t have to know. But somehow, I just had to tell her. I needed to get this off my chest.

“Aeri..she loves Jonghyun. But she was nice enough to let us be together when she realised our mutual feelings,” I said. “I’m just scared...scared that—“

“That she will take advantage of this to get Jonghyun back?” I couldn’t look at Hana when she finished the sentence for me. I was embarrassed that I was even thinking about Aeri that way when I know how nice she is. I abruptly wiped the tears away and apologised.

“Sorry. I’m sorry,” I started. “I know Aeri is not that kind of girl. I’m just worried. I’m so sorry,” My head hung low as I apologised. She didn’t say anything but simply cupped my face and brought it up to meet hers. “It’s okay, you’re worried and upset. I understand. But, we can work this out okay? Believe me.” I smiled and nodded, happy that she wasn’t at all angry with me for saying such things of Aeri.

“Hey,” Luna peeked in from behind the glass door separating the balcony from the bedroom. “Minho is here to see you,” She said softly and walked over to pat my head. I nodded weakly and they both left as soon as Minho appeared by the glass door. Luna pulled the curtains of the bedroom close to give us some privacy.

“Are you okay?” He asked. I chuckled and wiped my nose with the sleeve of my shirt. “I’m fine..”

 Abruptly, he tugged on my hand and pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me. I was surprised he did so. But I didn’t resist him. I rested my head on his chest and took deep breaths. He didn’t say anything either. And to be honest, I didn’t want him to.

He would just go on about how he wouldn’t have made me cry like this. But really, this isn’t Jonghyun’s fault, so I appreciated him for not giving me any lecture about Jonghyun.

We stayed in that position for quite some time. He didn’t seem like he was going to let go anytime soon and neither was I. I was just getting comfortable with him again, but then something caught my attention. Something which made me push myself off Minho abruptly.

Standing on the balcony just six rooms away, is Jonghyun’s mother. She had seen us. In fact, she was staring. I stood still, taking advantage of Minho standing in between us to hide from her view. Minho looked at me with a confused expression before following my gaze and turning around.

When he turned back, his expression was blank and still confused. “What?” He asked. I tilted my head and asked him softly. “She’s not there?”

“Who?” He raised his palms questioningly. On tiptoes, I looked over his shoulder to see no one. She was gone. Maybe she left after I pushed away from Minho. “Mrs. Kim, I saw her there. She saw us…hugging,” I gasped. “I’m dead,”

“You sure you weren’t imagining things?” He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I ran a hand over my face and sighed. “I wasn’t! I saw her there,” I said.

“Are you sure?”

Am I? I did see her there right? Or was I too worried until I’ve started imagining things? “Maybe…I was imagining things,” I said softly. He turned me around to face him again and cupped my face with his warm hands. “Stop worrying. You’ll be fine,” He said.

“Listen, I’m going to go now. Don’t stress yourself out alright?” He said, with a concerned look on his face before leaving me on my own.

Once again, I turned around just to confirm it. She wasn’t there.

__________

Jonghyun's POV

 

I’m tired and bored. It has been a really long day; one without my precious girlfriend. Wonder what she’s doing right now. Probably thinking of me. I should call her soon.

ing my dress shirt and slipping out of it, I dived into the bed and buried my head into the pillow. Since my parents arrived and there was an empty room which was connected to theirs, I decided to crash here for a while.

“Jonghyun?” I heard my mum’s voice coming from their room. “Hmm?” I responded, not moving from my position. Her footsteps were getting closer and soon I felt the bed move under her weight. “Yes mummy?” I answered, turning onto my back.

“You must be tired,” She said while rubbing my legs. I may be tired but I can sense when there’s something she wants to tell me. I sat up and faced her, tilting my head to one side. “Is there something you want to tell me?” I asked.

She chuckled and tapped my left cheek. “Aeri’s a nice girl, isn’t she?” She started. I nodded slowly, unsure of where this was going. My parents have met Aeri before, during social parties and such which I’ve always avoided. I only ended up getting to know her in school when you know…we slept together. “Why don’t you go out with her?”

I almost choked on my own saliva. Yeah, we skipped the whole going out thing and ended up sleeping together mummy. “You’re kidding right? I have a girlfriend,” I said, almost sounding annoyed. I actually was annoyed. How could she ask me to go out with another girl while I’m dating someone else?

“Jinhee, remember? She’s my girlfriend,” I said again. Speaking of Jinhee, I dug a hand into my pocket to take out my phone. I needed to text Jinhee.

“Jinhee is a nice girl. But I think Aeri is more…suitable for you,”

I don’t need someone who is suitable; I need someone who I love. And that’s Jinhee. “That’s crazy talk,” I sighed. “Jinhee is suitable for me,”

“Are you sure about that?” Her tone was calm yet scary. I didn’t know what to make out of it. I glanced up from my phone to look at her. “She may not that suitable for you my dear,”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, blinking in confusion.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! ^^ mm well things are getting complicated aren't they? ;) that's the fun of it all hehe. don't hate Jonghyun's parents okay! they don't hate Jinhee, trust me! XD and Jinhee is such a crybaby ugh sometimes I'm like...why do I always make her cry LOL 

btw guys if you were wondering about the bracelet Jinhee was looking at, I was TRYING to describe this bracelet made by ex-After School member Bekah. It's so pretty! She designed it herself. Go check out her shop 

anyway I'm so sad because school starts this thursday ): I'll still try my best to update on fridays/sat/sun ^^ for my old subbers, thank you so much for sticking to my fic <33 and to my new subbers, welcome <3 do comment ^^