Unsuccessful Events

Let Me Be With You

I turned back to Luna. That scary look on her face was still there. “I’ll teach you everything.”

“Everything?” I squeaked and gulped.

She nodded and smirked. “Everything.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It’s Monday again. Yay, I think. Time to get up and face school. And … Jonghyun. Luna had given me a very long and descriptive talk on boys … very descriptive.

Though, it was informative. Half of the things which she had explained to me were new information –although probably the rest of girls in this world already knew.

I jumped off my bed and dragged myself to the bathroom to freshen up.

Warm water running from the shower hit my skin and I smiled into it, brushing off the strands of hair that stuck to my face. I picked up the bottle of body soap from the side of the tub and squeezed it onto my palm.

I rubbed my hands together until lather had formed and soaped myself. Thoughts of a part of yesterday’s convo filled my mind.

 

“So, when you guys are kissing oh-so-passionately and then he pushes his body hard against yours –or when his kisses get lower, down to your shoulder for example,” She smirked. “He wants you.”

“Wants me as in, he wants to get in me?”

“Yup.” She shrugged. “It’s the basic of ual . If you guys get um, further?” She ran her eyes over my body. “He’ll start kissing other areas.”

Goosebumps covered my skin. I was kind of excited.

“Do you remember the other types of kisses I explained before?” I nodded. “Good. A kiss on the forehead means: I hope we’re together forever. One on the ear means: You’re his everything. A kiss on—“

“A kiss on the cheek means: we’re friends. On the hand means: he adores me. On the neck means: we belong together and a kiss on the lips mean,” I paused. Luna smiled and nodded for me to continue. “A kiss on the lips means he loves me.” I blushed slightly.

 

Every kiss that Jonghyun had given me had always been on the lips. On the other hand, every kiss I’d given him had always been on the cheek.

He must think I don’t care for him as much as he does for me. But I do. I really do.

Showing affection towards a guy has never been easy for me. In fact, Jonghyun is the only guy I’ve went on a date with. Okay there’s Minho, but ... Jonghyun was first.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I wiped the fogged mirror in front of me just enough to see my reflection.

Time to change my ways. No more acting like an innocent 5-year-old; it’s time to embrace being a teenage girl with a boyfriend.

“Hwaiting!”

__________

 

Dolce & Gabbana or Estée Lauder? I’m talking about fragrance. I stared at the two bottles of perfume.

They were both mine and Luna was more than happy about my “great” taste in perfumes. Apparently both fragrances were featured in Glamour mag as one of the perfumes that turn men on…okay.

Instructions were given to me by Luna and Key (mostly Key) to try and tease Jonghyun in school. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

“Jinhee! Your ride is here~” I heard my brother yell. He sounds happy.

Wait, ride? Jonghyun’s my usual ride. He came to pick me up! Maybe things will go well after all.

I grabbed the perfume bottle on the right and sprayed it on my wrists, neck and over the rest of my body. Grabbing my bag off my study table, I ran out of my room and down the flight of stairs, going straight for the door.

I was ready to see him again; to apologise and make up for my mistakes.

I pulled the front door open with a big smile on my face.

But much to my disappointment, I didn’t see Jonghyun’s black Ferrari. There was no Jonghyun. It was Minho. He leaned against the car door, arms folded and smiling.

“Have a good day sis.” Wooyoung oppa patted my head before stepping out the door himself and heading for work. He gave a nod in Minho’s direction before walking away.

I gave a weak smile and turned around to lock the door before turning back around and heading his way.

__________

 

“Hope you don’t mind,” Minho said as he drove. “I thought you could use a ride.”

He is too nice. “Why would I mind?” I smiled. “Thank you. It was very thoughtful of you.”

“Look,” He pointed to the left. “It’s Taemin and Luna.” He slowed down and the car came to a stop next to the sidewalk, a few metres in front of my two friends.

“Yay!” I heard Taemin yell as I watched him run towards the car.

As soon as the door shut, Luna snuck her head around my seat and took a few sniffs. “Nice.” She winked, before leaning back onto hers. I guess she likes my perfume.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Well except for the Luna and Taemin’s murmuring in the back seat.

 

First thing I had seen as soon as we reached, Jonghyun. He was walking out from the carpark we had just entered. I watched his back as he walked fast, into school.

“This is great!” Key appeared from nowhere and screamed in my ear, startling me.

I looked around. “What’s great?”

“This,” His hand gestured towards Minho’s car. I raised an eyebrow.

“Minho’s car is great?”

“Stupid,” He sighed. Meanie. “I meant, it’s great that you came to school with Minho. Jonghyun saw you guys! He’s jealous.”

“Oh,” I didn’t know what to say. It’s not like I got a ride from Minho to intentionally make Jonghyun jealous.

I looked at Minho; obviously hurt from what Key said. Hope he doesn’t think I used him. Before I could even say anything to him, Key pulled me towards the school doors, explaining to me how else I could tease Jonghyun today.

 

__________

 

Okay, here I am, outside of Jonghyun’s class, waiting to go in. Key had given me some fake documents which I was supposed to pass to the teacher in Jonghyun’s class right now.

And after I passed it to her, when I turned to leave, I had to do a hair flip and I had to make sure I made eye-contact with Jonghyun.

I’m nervous. I had already met half the people in this class.

“Okay,” I heard Key whisper. “Go!” He shoved me slightly and my forehead knocked onto the door.

“Come in.” The teacher said. Well I guess that’s an alternative to knocking.

I took a deep breath and turned the doorknob, pushing the door open.

“Hey! It’s Jinhee!” Someone on my right shouted. It think it was Gikwang. Great, now everyone knows my name. Some of them weren’t paying attention though, I could hear them talking amongst themselves.

“I have some documents here that I’m supposed to pass to you.” I said looking only at the teacher. She nodded. “Okay. Bring it here, then.”

I walked towards the table, turning my back towards the class, and handed the papers over. The teacher looked over them, flipping over the pages and then she gave me an unconvinced smile. “Okay, thank you. You may go.” She bent over to keep the papers in a drawer.

Okay. Hair flip. I can do this.

My hair was already resting over my right shoulder. I turned and tilted my head down just a bit, and then brought it back up while I turned to fully face the class, allowing my long and smooth black hair to flip in the air and then fall back into place.

“Woah,” The guys seated in the first row muttered. I only took a glance at them before scanning the room, searching for Jonghyun.

I don’t see— Aeri. I saw Aeri. She’s right there, at the back of the class. And oh, right next to Jonghyun whose head was rested on the table with his arms around it. I could tell it was him from the golden locks of his hair. He was sleeping.

Awesome.

“Hey,” The guy in front of me whispered. “Here.” He extended his hand to me, with a piece of paper slipped between his index and middle finger.

I took it and walked out before the teacher decides to kick me out. Key pulled me to the side as I stepped out. “Well?” He asked, his face full of anticipation.

“He was sleeping.” I said, obviously pissed. I just made a fool out of myself in front of his class, in front of Aeri, and what was he doing? He was sleeping!

“At least we know the hair flip works.” Key shrugged, pointing to the note in my hand. I opened it and it said:

Here’s my number. So call me maybe? Followed by his name and number.

Um.

__________

 

The next day Key wanted me to touch Jonghyun’s hand while coincidentally reaching for the same thing. It was lunch and the cafeteria was busy with students.

“There,” Taemin said. “Hyung’s over there, I see him.”

The rest of us followed his gaze and found Jonghyun sitting on a table, with his earpiece plugged in, nodding his head to the music.

“He likes to wait till there are lesser people in line,” Key said as he turned back to us. “So when he gets in line, you go too. Right behind him.”

I nodded. I don’t usually buy food during lunch but I guess today’s an exception.

“He usually goes for the chicken sandwich, orange juice and chocolate pudding,” Key continued. “When he reaches out for them, you do too and make sure your hands touch. Okay?”

“Okay.” I said.

“Oh, he got up,” Luna said, jumping in her seat. “Go go go Jinhee!”

I pushed my chair back and got up, slowly walking towards the queue; I had to make sure he was in front of me.

I fastened my pace once he got in line behind the last guy in the queue and secured my pace behind him. He didn’t even see me. We got our trays and started moving forward.

Okay I see the chicken sandwich! I reached out for it the same time he did but I guess he saw my hand going for that one because instead, he grabbed the one next to it. Bummer …

Next: orange juice. I can see its bright orange bottle. There’s two left! Need to make sure that we go for the same one this time. I reached out for the bottle which his hand seemed to be reaching for as well …. NO!

He took the chocolate milk instead. Why Jonghyun why?!

It’s the chocolate pudding or nothing! That’s it, he’s hand is already reaching for the last chocolate pudding. I moved my hand towards it—

“HEY JINHEE! Sorry, I wanted the last pie there so I’m going to just cut in front of you okay?”

 IU ….. “You don’t mind right?” She smiled innocently.

“Now why would I mind,” I said through clenched teeth.  She giggled, “Thanks!”

I looked over her to find that Jonghyun had already paid for the food and was walking back to his table. Thanks IU, thanks a lot. But I can’t blame her, she didn’t know.

Leaving the tray aside, I went back to the table. My face said it all.

“That IU girl ruined everything.” Key said.

“It’s not her fault,” Luna shoved Key. “She didn’t know about the plan.”

Key made a face. “Oh sorry, is she your new best friend now?”

“No,” She shrugged. “But she’s a nice girl. We’re quite close now.”

She’s never said anything about IU to me. Hm, whatever.

__________

 

It’s Friday and so far, we’ve been unsuccessful. But that’s only because Jonghyun seems really out of it. He’s not himself; I can tell.

On Wednesday, they made me walk past him while he was walking to class and us accidentally bumping into each other. It didn’t work since everyone else in the whole school was walking to class as well and I lost him.

Plus wouldn’t it be weird if it did work? Since I’m not in the same department to begin with, why would I bump into him.

I gave up yesterday, which was Thursday. Key explained to me what the plan was but I totally tuned out. He got pissed at me and walked away.

“Is Key really upset with me?”

“Hmm?” Taemin looked up from the worksheet he was working on. “Key hyung? Nah, he’s always like that. Why?”

I shook my head. “Nothing. Just wondering.”

“So did the teasing do you and Jonghyun hyung any good?” He snickered.  

I rolled my eyes. “Obviously not.”

“So why did you do it?” He asked. I found myself asking the same question. Why did I do it? Why did I even agree to Key and Luna’s plan in the first place?

“I don’t know, Taemin.” I sighed. “Initially, I thought that by doing what they told me to do, I could get Jonghyun to talk to me. Guess I didn’t think this through.”

That was true. I wanted to do the whole teasing and flirting thing so that maybe Jonghyun would talk to me again. Too bad that didn’t work out for me.

“It’s okay Jinhee, he’s just as troubled.” Taemin patted me on the shoulder and went back to his work. Who’s just as troubled? Jonghyun?

I don’t know about that but he has been acting different ever since. I miss him.

“Taemin, let’s go out tomorrow and catch a movie.” I said to him.

“Ooh sorry, can’t,” He winced. I pouted and slumped my shoulders. “I have a date.”

My face lit up. “Luna?” He nodded and smiled excitedly. “Cool! She agreed to go on a date with you?”

“Um,” He hesitated. “It’s not really a date date. I asked her to help me with my grocery shopping.”

Facepalm. Seriously Taemin? I pursed my lips together. “That’s not cool.”

“What, why?!”

“Why would you ask a girl out to go grocery shopping?!” My face was full of confusion.

He fiddled with his pen. “I panicked okay? I was about to ask her out to dinner but I said grocery shopping instead.”

I shook my head. “Whatever. As long as you’re happy. How about today? The three of us could go get some ice-cream or something.”

“Luna’s not free today.” Taemin said.

“Oh, why?” I’ve been feeling rather distant from Luna lately. Other than when she’s giving me relationship advices, I haven’t talked to her much.

“She didn’t tell you?” He furrowed his eyebrows together and tilted his head to the side. I shook my head. “She’s hanging out with IU today.”

She certainly did not tell me that. IU? Is she tired of me too?

“Hey, don’t worry, I’ll hang out with you today.” He said placing an arm on my shoulder and giving me a warm smile. I returned the smile and nodded.

__________

 

I was waiting for Taemin while he went to the restroom. Leaning onto my locker, I focused my attention on my phone; it has been really quiet since Jonghyun doesn’t text me anymore.

I did text him yesterday night. Only because I missed him too much. I sent him a goodnight text. He replied: goodnight

And that was it.

School was pretty quiet at this time since mostly everyone had left, or they’re probably at the library studying. Some noises which came from my left distracted me from my phone. It sounded like voices; a couple maybe.

I decided to walk quietly over to where the voices seem to be coming from. Turning to my left, I walked further down where there was a left turn. I peeked from the corner of the left turn and scanned it.

There were two people. A guy and a girl. The girl had her back on the lockers while the guy stood in front of her with his right hand leaning against the lockers.

Wait a minute, that hair…it’s Jonghyun! And Aeri.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry I haven't updated until today! I was so busy reading other fics that I temporarily forgot about mine lmfao. Anyways, this isn't interesting sorry, but it's needed. 

And that's not all to the Jinhee and Luna girl talk. There will be more soon! :D 

And more drama too? Haha. Sorry if this chapter is boring though, look forward to the next one ^^