Jealous?

Let Me Be With You

“Nice legs though Taemin.”

“HYUNG!”

“Sorry ..” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 

NORMAL POV

“Oh! There they are!” Jonghyun whispered over his shoulder. They were peeking behind a wall where they had a clear view of Jinhee and Minho. Wherever the two went, Jonghyun and Taemin followed close.

“So they’re going to watch a movie! Hmph he stole my idea … “ Taemin sighed faintly hitting Jonghyun on the back of his head. “Hyung, this is stupid. We’ve been following them for nothing. This is just a harmless date!”

Jonghyun placed his hands on Taemin’s shoulders. “I know you don’t see it, but he’s trying to steal our best friend away from us.” Taemin shot him an exasperated look but was ignored. Jonghyun grabbed hold of Taemin’s hand and they made their way to the cinema after Jinhee and Minho already went in one of the theatres and out of their sight.

 

Feeling cold, Jinhee rubbed the palms of her hands together and blew into them. “Are you cold?” Minho untied the cardigan around his shoulder and placed it around her instead. He held her hand, spreading the warmth from his to hers. “Better?” Slightly surprised by his actions, Jinhee nodded and smiled. “Thanks.”

Meanwhile five rows behind …

“He’s holding her hand! He’s holding her hand! He’s, holding, her, hand!” Jonghyun hissed. Taemin covered Jonghyun’s mouth and bent down pushing Jonghyun down as well; hiding behind the row of seats in front of them. “Stop it hyung!” Jonghyun pushed his hand away. “But he’s making a move!”

“Shh! The movie’s about to start!” The person in the seat next to them said. They sat back up properly in their seats. “I can’t believe Jinhee’s totally cool with this.” Jonghyun whispered leaning closer to Taemin. “Shut up Jonghyun hyung.”

“Jonghyun?” A voice behind them whispered. Both of them ly to find Wooyoung there under a cap. “Hyung?” Wooyoung’s eyes widened realising it wasn’t a girl that Jonghyun was with. “Taem-“ Both Jonghyun and Taemin covered his mouth before he could expose their presence.

“Yah if you guys are not interested in this movie, just get out.” The person next to them voiced once again, earning turns from the row in front. Wooyoung got up and grabbed the two by their collars, dragging them out of the place.

“WHAT are you two doing?!” He said. “What are we doing? What are you doing hyung? You were spying on Jinhee weren’t you?!” Jonghyun pointed a finger at Wooyoung who glared back at him, making him pull his hand away. “I just wanted to see how this Minho guy is.”

“Oh he’s not really a good person. But you probably already knew that by now.” Jonghyun shrugged and nodded, full of confidence. “Actually I think he’s a gentleman.”

“What?! Did you see what was going on in there? He held her hand!” Taemin heaved out a frustrated sigh. “She was probably cold that’s why. Didn’t you see him put that cardigan on her?”

“Besides, that’s nothing compared to what you did on your date … “ Taemin muttered but loud enough for them to catch. Jonghyun scoffed and pouted “I didn’t do anything wrong during our date …”

“What did you say?” Wooyoung was ready to punch the younger guy standing in front of him who put his hands up in defense, taking a few steps back. “Nothing. I said nothing.”

 

 “So … why are you dressed as a girl again?” Wooyoung ran his eyes up and down the pretty boy. “It was his idea. He needed a date to spy on them with.” He replied pointing to Jonghyun. “And why do you need to spy on Jinhee’s date?”

“Because! Minho is trying to steal her away from me. I mean, from us.” He whispered to Wooyoung as if trying to keep it a secret from everyone else. Taemin shook his head and gave a look to Wooyoung that expressed how ridiculous he thought Jonghyun was being. Wooyoung gasped and placed a hand over his mouth looking surprised. “Really? Oh my gosh … “

 “It’s okay, how were you supposed to know Minho’s a bad guy.” Jonghyun nodded and placed a hand on Wooyoung’s shoulder. He pushed the hand away and scoffed. “Bad guy? If he’s going to get Jinhee away from you then he must be the answer to all my prayers! I like this Minho guy already.” A small smile appeared as he saw Jonghyun’s eyes widen at what he said.

“That-“ Before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, Wooyoung put his cap back on and went off. “See you guys. And Taemin, if you guys were going to spy anyway, you didn’t have to dress up as a girl.”

“Ah … right …”

“… that was mean …” Jonghyun pouted and sighed placing his hands into his pockets.

 “Ah hyung cheer up. I still like you!” Taemin placed his hand around Jonghyun’s waist and hugged him. “Uhm, this is kinda weird.”

“I know. I’ll go change now.”

“You brought clothes to change?”

“Yup! What did you think I have in this bag?” He took out a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and his sneakers. He immediately replaced the sandals he was wearing with the sneakers and headed towards the restrooms. “Wait … which toilet am I supposed to go to?”

__________

 

JINHEE’S POV

“What did you think of the movie?”

“It was great! I really enjoyed it.” The back of our hands brushed past each other as we walked. I had could sense that he wanted to hold my hand again. Can’t deny that I didn’t enjoy the warm feeling I felt when he did back in the theatre.

I took off the cardigan which belonged to him off me and handed it back. “Thanks. Hope you weren’t cold.” He pushed my hand away. “Keep it. Pass it to me next time. You need it more than I do. You’re still shivering you know.” Well, I was never one that could stand the cold. “Thanks. Again.”

“Where do you wanna go now?” He asked me as I put the cardigan back on. “Hmm let’s just walk around somemore.”

He nodded and gave me a smile; putting his arm around me. Did anyone ever manage to pay attention to anything else when he’s smiling? Because I couldn’t. His smile is just so … charming.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV 

I can’t believe this guy! Acting all nice in front of Jinhee just to win her over. Hmm does he actually like Jinhee? Because he was never really one to express how he feels.

Wait, why do I care if he likes Jinhee? … But if Jinhee likes him back, then she won’t spend time with me anymore!

Hey wait a minute … isn’t that … uh oh …

“Um Taemin?” He was busy checking his phone to see what I saw. “I think you should see this.”

He looked up from his phone and gave me a hesitant look. I pulled him to where I was standing and watched his expression change from shock to anger.

 

NORMAL POV

The youngest boy watched as his crush walked happily with one of his closest hyung. “Luna and … Onew hyung?! What they hell are they doing here?”

“I think they’re on a date.” Taemin glared at Jonghyun who was only stating the obvious. “ … what?”

Taemin sighed as he slid down the wall and sat on the floor. “I thought I did a good job of making her forget about Onew yesterday. Well I thought at least she would for the weekend …”

Jonghyun squat down in front of him and cupped Taemin’s face in his hands. “So are you going to give up now? Hmm hmm?” He nodded his head vigorously, still cupped in Jonghyun’s hands. Jonghyun squeezed Taemin’s face and slapped both his cheeks. “Well I’m not going to let you do that.”

“Argh hyung! It hurts …” Taemin pouted. Jonghyun sat down beside him and rested his head on the wall. “Should we leave now? It would be kinda awkward if we get seen ... together … while they’re on dates.”

“That’s true. Is the coast clear?” The both of them got up and peeked out from behind the wall. They decided it was safe since neither of the two couples were in sight.

“I wonder where they went to. They were just here a minute ago and now they disappeared …” Jonghyun said. “Spoke too soon hyung.” He turned to Taemin on his right and realised Jinhee and Minho walking in their direction. Taemin then turned to look at Jonghyun and realised that Onew and Luna were walking in their direction as well.

Both of them just stood there. There was no chance of running since the couples had already noticed them.

The six of them then met at the centre where Jonghyun and Taemin were. Other than those two, the other four were obviously surprised; not knowing either of them was going to be there.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Jinhee … Minho … they … their arms were linked together. What does this mean? Are they together now?!

 

TAEMIN’S POV

Why is hyung’s arm around Luna?! And why does she look so happy … I thought things were finally going to go my way after yesterday.

 

NORMAL POV

“Oh! What a coincidence! What are you guys doing here?” Jinhee said looking at Luna and Onew and then over to Jonghyun and Taemin.

“Onew oppa and I were just walking around. I didn’t know you guys were gonna be here too!”

Jinhee then turned to Jonghyun. “Oppa, I thought you said you had a date?” Slightly embarrassed by that question, Jonghyun covered it up with a lie. “Oh right. I did. She already left.”

They all fell silent and just stood there looking at each other. “Well, this is awkward.” Jonghyun finally said breaking the silence. “Yeah I’m off …” Taemin stormed off leaving the rest taken aback by his actions. “I’m gonna go with him. Bye.” Jonghyun ran after the younger boy.

Both of them sighed simultaneously as they left the mall. They turned to each other and laughed. “Looks like we’re in the same situation Taeminnie.”

“What? … Wait … do you mean to say you like Jinhee?” Taemin’s eyes widened as he took a step back. “Huh? I didn’t say that.” His face scrunched up in confusion. “But you just said … so what did you mean?”

“I meant having to see something that you didn’t want to see. You know … you and Onew and Luna … me and Minho and Jinhee. Duh Taemin.” He rolled his eyes and continued walking. Taemin walked faster to catch up with him. “Okay .. I still don’t get why this Minho and Jinhee thing is a problem. Hyung, you obviously have some things which you have to sort out with yourself. Or more specifically; your heart.”  He whispered the last part but loud enough for Jonghyun to hear.

“What? What are you saying Taemin? I don’t get it.” Jonghyun shook his head at him. “Of course you wouldn’t. You also need to spend more time in getting more brain cells. Living brain cells.”

__________

 

JINHEE'S POV

It was awkward back in school especially when the three of us were alone. Taemin wasn’t talking much which I assume is due to the incident yesterday. Luna doesn’t even know that he’s this way because of her.

“Yah, what’s wrong with him?” She whispered to me as we walked to the cafeteria. Taemin was walking in front, listening to music. “Oh um, guy stuff?” She gave me a weird look. “Guy stuff?” I shrugged it off.

Taemin suddenly turned and took his earpiece off. “Guys let’s just have lunch here in the cafeteria, I don’t feel like going to the back.”

“Oh. Okay. I guess.” Luna and I nodded. We went for an empty table as fast as possible after getting our food, before it started to get crowded and there would be no seats. Oh. What a nice view.

Jonghyun was at the table in front of ours. With a new girl. He saw us and waved at us, more like to me. I waved back, slightly smiling.  

“A new girl again.” Luna nudged me from beside. “Jealous?” I shot her a look and shook my head. “Why would I be jealous?”

“Right … okay Jinhee.”

Why does everyone keep asking me this? I’m not jealous. I’m not.

 

__________

 

“HE WHAT?!” Luna shouted, her voice echoing through the library earning disapproving stares and shushes from everyone. “Sorry” she mouthed out.

She turned back to me. “Okay again, HE WHAT?!” she whisper-shouted.

“He said he kind of likes me.” Taemin suddenly took a seat next to me. “Hey I could hear your voice all the way at the other end. What happened? What are we talking about? Who likes you?”

“Huh? Taemin slow down. I was just telling Luna that-“

“He likes her.” She interrupted me before I could finish it. “Who?! Jonghyun hyung?”

What?

“Huh? No. Not Jonghyun oppa.”

“Hey! Did anyone call me? I heard my name.” Jonghyun popped up out of the blue making me startle. He giggled. “Did I scare you? Sorry.” He placed his hand over mine and took a seat in front of me, next to Luna.

I fell into a daze looking into his eyes for a moment before I was brought back to my senses when Taemin cleared his throat. Jonghyun removed his hand from mine. “So what were we talking about?”

We were talking about someone who likes Jinhee.” Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “Who?”

“Uhm. Minho oppa.”

“WHAT?!” Both Taemin and Jonghyun shouted simultaneously. This time, the librarian came and warned us that we’d get kicked out if we made any more noise.

“Minho hyung … likes you?” I turned to Taemin and nodded. “Yeah. He told me, yesterday. When he sent me home.”

“Well this is, awkward.” Taemin said.

I looked at Jonghyun who looked more angry than shocked. Luna nudged him. “Are you okay?” He nodded and then managed a faint smile towards me.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Choi Minho you are really something. Now you just decide that you like her?! So annoying.

Does Jinhee like him back? …

She excused herself to the toilet and Luna leaned her head slightly on my shoulder. “Jealous?”

Hmph me? Jealous?

“NO.” She rolled her eyes at me. “Oh wow so convincing Kim Jonghyun.”

“I told you he’s trying to steal Jinhee away from us.” I said to Taemin. “Right. So what are you going to do about this?” I shrugged. “Don’t know.”

“Do you guys think Jinhee likes him back?” Both Taemin and Luna giggled at my question. Ugh this is serious, not a laughing matter! “Maybe.” Luna answered.

I sighed and crossed my arms. “Don’t be jealous hyung.” Taemin said.

“I’M NOT JEALOUS!” I whisper-shouted. “Jealous of what?” Oh damn. Jinhee came back and overheard what I said. She looked at me expectantly with her big eyes like she always does. “Nothing. So um, what did you say to Minho?”

“Oh I just told him I needed time. I don’t know how I feel about him right now.”

GOOD. I hope it stays that way.

“But he’s cute right?” Luna asked. Damn you Luna. “I don’t know. I guess?” Jinhee giggled slightly blushing.

YOU KNOW WHAT’S CUTE? I’M CUTE. YES.

Luna turned to me when Jinhee was grabbing something out of her bag. “Jealous~~~” she teased.

“I’M NOT JEALOUS!” Oops. “That’s it! You! Out!” The librarian pointed to me, ordering me to leave.

Damn it.

…. I’M NOT JEALOUS.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for this overdue update! This chapter is kinda crappy sorry. Anyway just wanted to say I need your opinions on this story! Tell me what you think of it :) Is it good? Bad? Just comment or if you're shy, send me a message! ^^