You've Got Mail

Let Me Be With You

“Bye Jinhee.” Jonghyun put his hands in his pockets and walked backwards slowly.

She climbed up to her room and jumped onto her bed, hugging her dino plushie.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Jinhee? Jinhee wake up.”

Jinhee her back and opened her eyes slightly. “Mmm …. Appa?”

She heard him chuckle and he rubbed her tummy. “Wake up now sleepyhead, it’s almost noon.” She groaned and forced herself to sit up.

 

JINHEE’S POV

I’m so tired … Wow I’m such a pig. I slept at the park yesterday and slept again last night all the way till noon today.

“Did you have too much fun yesterday till you passed out on your bed?” Aish appa … what is he thinking.

“Aniyo … I’m just, tired.” I yawned.

He laughed and messed up my hair. “Go and wash up. I’ll make you some breakfast. I mean … brunch.”

I nodded and stretched.

“Oh. Looks like you have mail.” He said. Mail?

“Mail?”

“Mmhmm.” He pointed to my window before leaving.

The window and curtains were wide open. I must’ve forgotten to close them last night. But there’s something on the floor, right below the window. It looks like ... a box? A red box.

I got up and walked over, picking up the box. Hmm it smells nice. I opened it and a small piece of paper flew out. It was a box of chocolates. I picked up the paper.

Jinhee baby~

This box of chocolates are for you. I didn’t make them but I bought them. I bought them with love ㅋㅋㅋ. Hope you like them. Chu~ From your more-than-a-friend-waiting-to-be-yours, Kim Jonghyun oppa~ ^^

OH MY GOOOOOD HE IS SO SWEET!!!!

A knock on the door startled me. “Jinhee? Can I come in?”

Oh no! It’s Wooyoung oppa! He’ll kill Jonghyun if he sees this. “Uh .. uh .. hold on oppa.”

I need to hide this! I’ll just hide it under my bed for now.

“What are you doing in there?” He kept banging on the door. “O-okay you can come in.” I opened the door and his fist was in mid-air about to knock or more like bang on the door again.

“Where were you yesterday? What time did you reach home?”

“Oh. I went out with my friends. I reached home at 9.” Okay I lied. It’s a white lie. Sorry oppa.

“No you didn’t. You reached home past 9. And I don’t think your friends would stay out that late either.” Damn it. Where is appa when I need him.

“Aniyo … when I reached home, you .. you were sleeping! Yeah, so how would you know I’d already reached home.”

“Hmm …”

“I swear you were sleeping when I reached home.” Well technically that isn’t a lie because he was sleeping when I got home.

He heaved out a breath. I don’t think he’s buying this story. He walked in, pushing me aside and eyed my room.

Please don’t look under the bed. Please don’t look under the bed. Please don’t look under the bed.

He walked over to my bed and sat on it. Phew. “Come here.” He patted the space next to him. I sat down and waited for him to speak.

“I’m worried about you.” He said.

“Huh?”

“Jinhee, I only want the best for you. That’s why I don’t want you to be hanging around Jonghyun. He’s a bad influence. When I look at Minho, he gives me the reassurance that you’ll be happy and safe. I know you know how good of a guy he is. If you were really with your friends yesterday or in fact the past few weeks, and not with Jonghyun, then that’s good.” He smiled. Then he let out a sigh. “But if you were with Jonghyun then … you should stop. You’ll only get hurt.”

He’s never been this serious. I feel guilty for lying to him. But, Jonghyun wouldn’t hurt me. Right? He said he likes me a lot and that he’ll wait for me.

“You know how they say a tiger will never lose its stripes? Yeah, and a player will always be a player.” He suddenly said before getting up and heading out.

“He won’t hurt me. I know he won’t.” I didn’t mean to say that. It slipped out of my mouth.

He stopped and faced me. “So you were with him …” He looked as disappointed as the night he caught Jonghyun and I together on our first date. He didn’t say anything else before leaving.

Did I disappoint oppa again? He only wants the best for me. Am I supposed to push my feelings aside just to make him happy? He is my brother after all.

I freshened up and went downstairs for breakfast. Oppa was there too. He didn’t look at me. Not even once. I took my plate of noodles and followed behind him as he walked over to the table. Appa was sitting at the head of the table, reading a newspaper. I smiled at him and took a seat across oppa.

I kept glancing at oppa to see if he would at least look at me for a while. He didn’t. I cleared my throat on purpose. Finally, almost as if he was doing it to make me stop trying, he looked at me. I smiled at him. He smiled back. A fake smile. Too fake. And he went back to eating. My smile faded and I continued to eat as well.

He finished pretty quick and got up but appa stopped him and made him sit back down.

Appa folded the newspaper and placed it in front of him. He looked at the both of us. “So what’s going on?”

I guess he must’ve noticed the weird atmosphere.

“Nothing.” Oppa said. He’s not going to tell appa?

“Then why do you look so upset?”

“Nothing. It’s a personal problem. I’m sorry.” What’s he doing? He’s lying to appa. Why? This isn’t making me feel any better.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Appa asked. He smiled and shook his head. “It’s okay.”

“No. It’s me. It’s my fault.” Appa turned to me with a confused face. “I lied to oppa. I’m sorry oppa …” Tears rolled down my face. I can’t help that I’m too emotional.

“Oh is that all?” Appa chuckled. “I thought it was something serious. I’m sure your brother has forgiven you. Right Wooyoung?”

Oppa looked at me and nodded slightly. He doesn’t mean it. I know. He’s only agreeing so appa won’t continue this conversation. Wooyoung oppa got up and left. Sigh.

“I don’t know what’s going on ...” Appa wiped the tears off my face. “But fix it. Okay?” He said before leaving as well.

Is this all just because of Jonghyun? … How do I fix this?

__________

 

NORMAL POV

“There’s only one thing to do then.” Taemin said sliding a mocca frappe to Jinhee.

“What?”

“You have to tell them you’ve been seeing Jonghyun hyung.”

Jinhee sighed as she heard those words. She took a sip of her frappe and looked at Taemin.

*You’ve got a message*

Jonghyun: Hello pretty Jinhee! What are you doing right now? Missing me? ㅋㅋㅋ

“I can’t Taemin … what if they don’t allow me to meet Jonghyun again?” She said with tears b in her eyes.

“Y-yah don’t cry. I don’t think they’ll do that. Try talking things out with them. Don’t cry!” He took a napkin from the counter and passed it to Jinhee.

She wiped her eyes and sniffed. “Can you come with me?”

“No! I don’t want to get involved in this.” He said shaking his head. “Get Jonghyun hyung to come along.”

She blew her nose and sniffed again. Luna came right at that moment and saw the tears in Jinhee’s eyes. She turned to Taemin.

“Taemin what did you do?!”

Disbelief spread over Taemin’s face and put his hands up in defense. “It wasn’t me!”

“Why can’t you be more sensitive towards her? See, she’s crying now.” Luna said again.

“It wasn’t meeeeeeee!”

Luna pulled up a chair next to Jinhee and rubbed her back. “It’s okay I’m here now meanie Taemin won’t bother you anymore.”

Taemin scoffed. “Are you kidding me?!”

Jinhee laughed watching the two bicker. “You guys sound like a married couple.” She said.

It made the two of them stop and stare at her. “What? It’s cute … continue …” Jinhee said. Taemin blushed and took a sip of his drink. Luna cleared . “So … why were you crying?”

Jinhee told everything to Luna and tried to hold back her tears.

“I guess Taemin’s right. You should tell them.” Luna said while hugging Jinhee.

 

Jinhee was torn. She didn’t know having feelings for someone would be so troublesome. She didn’t know that it would hurt her brother that much. She was still undecided about coming clean.

__________

 

WOOYOUNG’S POV

Where is my charger? I swear I put it here. Oh, Jinhee borrowed it a few days ago. She’s not home so guess I’ll have to go get it myself.

Ugh her room smells so … girly. Now where would she put that charger? I looked in the drawer of her bedside table. Yes! Found it.

The scent of her room is making me dizzy, I should get out of— what’s that? An envelope?

She should keep her stuff properly. How could she just leave stuff on the floor? I picked up the envelope. It was right below her window. I flipped it over and there was a heart shape on it. Hmm. It wouldn’t hurt to take a look right?

Oh, it’s a love letter?

From … Kim Jonghyun.

__________

 

NORMAL POV

Jinhee reached home and went straight to the kitchen. It was almost 9 but she still wanted to eat. She was starving.

“Here. I bought you supper. If you want it that is …” She turned and saw Wooyoung with a packet of food in his hand. He placed it on the kitchen counter. “Oh. Thanks.” She said softly.

She took the packet once Wooyoung left the kitchen and ate the Kimchi Fried Rice which he bought.

Jinhee rubbed her tummy when she was done. “Ah I’m so full. It was delicious.” She peeked into the living room and saw her brother half asleep in front of the television. “Thanks Wooyoung oppa.” She whispered.

She tiptoed slowly to the staircase not wanting to disturb her brother. Her father came home at that time. She put her finger to her lips and then pointed to Wooyoung. “Ahh …” He father said softly and nodded. “I’ll go to bed now.” She whispered. “Arasso. Goodnight.” He hugged her and gave her a smile.

Jinhee went to her room and closed the door behind her. She took a bath changed into her nightgown. She sat at her study table and sighed, resting her chin on her hands. She was still thinking about what she should do.

She reached for her phone on the table and dialled Onew’s number.

“Yeoboseyo? Onew oppa, it’s Jinhee.”

“Oh Jinhee-ah! Is everything okay?”

She sighed and changed hands. “Are you busy? Can I talk to you for a while?”

“Sure! What is it?”

Jinhee told everything to Onew. She spent a whole 20 minutes explaining every single thing. What happened, how she felt, what Taemin and Luna had said and asked for his opinion.

“Hmm. That’s a hard decision. If you ask me, you have two choices.”

“Two?”

“One; remove Jonghyun from your life. Or two; like what Taem said, tell your family and ask for their permission to continue seeing Jonghyun. I’d go with the second option but I don’t know about you I mean it’s your decision.”

Jinhee chuckled. “Of course I’d go for the second one. But what if they say no? What if they tell me to remove him from my life?”

“Try reasoning with them. Work something out. But if all else fails you can always elope I’m sure Jonghyun would—“

“Oppa …”

“Sorry. I meant, if all else fails, at least you can’t say you didn’t try. Right? Look, instead of asking what if they say no, why not ask yourself, what if they say yes?”

“You’re right. Hehe. I think … I’ll give it a try.”

“Good. Now dry your eyes and go to bed pretty girl.”

Jinhee laughed. “Thank you Onew oppa. Thank you so much.”

“No problem. Bye Jinhee~”

“Bye~ Goodnight.”

She hung up and shook her head, smiling.

“Smiling to yourself?” A voice suddenly said, making Jinhee jump and almost fall off her chair.

It was Jonghyun. He was outside her window. She clutched her chest and took a deep breath. “You gave me a heart attack!” She whisper-shouted. She ran over to the window.

Jonghyun chuckled and stepped off the ladder and on an area of cement horizontally below her window which was just nice for his foot to step on. He sat on her window sill, back facing her room. Jinhee sat next to him facing the opposite direction as him.

“Did I do something wrong?” He said.

“No. Why would you think that?” She turned her head to face him.

“You didn’t reply my text.”

Jinhee gasped and face palmed herself. “I totally forgot to reply you! I was with Taemin at that time. I’m sorry~” She said, hugging his arm.

Jonghyun smiled slightly. “And what about my letter? Have you read it?”

“What letter? You mean the chocolates?” Jinhee got up and took the box from her underwear drawer. “I saw them this morning. They’re delicious. I love them, thank you.” She smiled. She opened the box and ate one.

“No. The letter. I put a letter here in the afternoon. You were with out with Taemin I guess.”

“Oh? There wasn’t one when I came in. Are you sure you put it here?”

“Mhmm.” Jonghyun nodded.

“Maybe it flew off somewhere.” Jinhee said and got up to look for the envelope.

Jonghyun held her wrist and stopped her. “It’s okay. Sit down …” He turned a bit so he could face her. “I remember what I wrote. I could say it out to you right now.”

She smiled and nodded. Jonghyun cleared his throat.

“Dear Jinhee,

Your smile is as bright as the brightest day in my life. Your laugh is as sweet as the sweetest song I have ever heard. You are as beautiful as the most beautiful person in this world – which is my noona. You make my heart beat fast, as fast as it can go. Most importantly, when you believe in me, I start to believe in myself. I have stage fright, I’m shy to sing in front of others, but I can only sing so comfortably in front of you. For you. And there’s no other person in this world that can make me feel this way.

I’m waiting for you Jinhee. I’m waiting for the day when you are finally mine.

Love, Kim Jonghyun.”

Jinhee looked at Jonghyun the whole time he was talking. She could feel butterflies in her tummy as he said those words to her. Jonghyun on the other hand kept his gaze low. He was too embarrassed to look her in the eye.

“There’s a lot more I wanted to write but I didn’t want to bore you.” He said, chuckling.

Jinhee got up. She grabbed his hand and tugged on it, gesturing him to come inside. He slipped his shoes off onto the cement and went in, one leg at a time. She pulled him towards her bed and sat down on the floor with her back against the side of her bed. He did the same.

“Thank you.” She said.

Jonghyun let out a nervous laugh. “Heh it was just how I felt. I hope you accept my feelings.”

“Of course I accept it but …”

Hearing the word but made him nervous. He gulped. He turned to Jinhee only to realise that she was crying. “Y-yah Jinhee-ah wae? What did I say? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

She giggled as he brought her head up to face him and wiped her tears away with his sleeve. “It’s not you. It’s oppa … he knows now.”

“H-he does? What did he say?”

“That I should stop seeing you.”

“Oh. I see. Okay, I get it.” Jonghyun started to get up but Jinhee pulled him back. “Where are you going?”

“Uh, to leave? I thought your brother said you should stop seeing me? And you’re crying because this is goodbye right?” He said with the most confused face. It was so cute to Jinhee that it made her laugh.

“No.”

“No?” Jonghyun’s face lifted.

“No. I was crying because the thought of not being able to be with you made me sad.” Jonghyun smiled and put his arm over Jinhee’s shoulder. “There’s only one other option if we want to continue seeing each other.”

”And what is that?”

“We have to ask permission from my brother. And appa too.”

“Really? We can’t just continue this secret seeing each other thing? I think it’s safer for me cause you know your brother might just end up—“

“Jonghyun … “

“Okay okay. When do you want to tell them?”

Jinhee sat up and faced Jonghyun. “Tomorrow?”

His eyes widened and he shook his head. “Please Jonghyun please~” Jinhee begged. “No. It’s too short notice for me.” He said firmly.

“Do you want to be with me or not?” Jinhee asked. “Yes but tomorrow? It’s too soon. How about Tuesday? I can do Tuesday.”

“Aniyo … the sooner the better!”

Jonghyun kept shaking his head. Jinhee raised an eyebrow as she thought of an idea.

She leaned back into Jonghyun’s arms and traced a finger down his chest. “Jonghyun oppa~ please? You’ll do this for me, right?” She said seductively.

Jonghyun watched her hands as they traced and caressed his chest. He cleared his throat. “Uh …” He shook his head and snapped back to reality. “No.”

“Okay … guess you don’t want to be with me then …” Jinhee said softly and lowered her head.

Jonghyun bit his lip and groaned. “Arasso arasso. Tomorrow then.” He said and hugged her.

“Really? Yes!” Jinhee cheered. “Yah I thought you were about to cry.” Jonghyun said.

Jinhee cupped his face and caressed his cheekbones. “The sooner we tell them, the easier it is for us. It’ll work out okay? We’ll ask them to give you a chance.”

Jonghyun placed his hands over hers. “Okay. I trust you.” They both smiled.

Jinhee took a piece of chocolate and fed it to Jonghyun. “I had to keep this in my underwear drawer so my brother wouldn’t find it.” She said.

“Your underwear drawer?! Together with your underwear? No wonder this tastes good mmm~”

“Ewww. Can’t believe you. What if I ate something from your underwear and said it tastes good?” She said.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “That kind of .”

“…. That came out all wrong.”  

Jonghyun laughed and pinched her cheeks. “Ahh~” He opened his mouth for another piece of chocolate. “Okay. I think it’s time for me to leave before we get caught.”

Jinhee nodded and smiled. “Should we meet first tomorrow?”

“Yes please. If you’re not with me I might just run away once I see your brother.” She giggled. “Okay then, let’s meet at the park near my house.”

“Okay.” He smiled and got up. Jinhee got up as well and followed him to the window. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Jinhee and gave her a long, warm hug before stepping out. He then slipped his shoes on and stepped onto the ladder.

“Jonghyun wait.” Jinhee called out.

“Yeah?”

She lifted his chin and kissed his cheeks. “Thank you. Goodnight.”

He smiled. “Goodnight Jinhee.” 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys I'm back ^^ I've missed writing. Hope you guys like this chapter anw! :D