What's Going On?

Let Me Be With You

 

“I wonder what hyung’s going to do though …”

Luna bit her bottom lip. “That’s what I’m afraid of right now.”

Knowing hyung, especially after that date, he is NOT gonna let this off easy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

JINHEE'S POV

Now everyone knows. This is so embarrassing. Everyone’s probably thinking I’m some baby that’s too scared to even go on dates alone. Why did Jonghyun have to tell everyone? He promised not to if I went on that date! Okay so I may have cried and ruined the “moment” we were having but, I panicked.

Oh great another text. Practically everyone had texted me asking me if it was true. I don’t even know if I should say yes or deny it.

Soyeon: Is it true? Did you really have your brother follow you on that date because you were scared?

That is so not true! I DID NOT ask Wooyoung oppa to follow us on that date. Ugh this is getting worse. The “story” got twisted up after it spread to more people. The texts started with “Did your brother really do that?” and now it’s “Did you really have your brother do that?”.  I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Me: That’s not true!

Soyeon: Oh okay, sure ….

What. Why bother asking if you’re not going to believe me anyway? I plopped my head back down onto my pillow. I’ve been on my bed since the moment I got home. Of course I’ve been replying these stupid texts as well. 

This is all Jonghyun’s fault. No wait … this is all Wooyoung oppa’s fault! If he didn’t ruin that date, none of this would even happen! But Jonghyun was the one who spread this … but it was me who cried during the second date. Why am I still defending Jonghyun? It’s his fault! And Wooyoung oppa’s too. I’m totally not at fault here. I think.

Unknown number: Mianhae … >.<

Hmm? Who’s this … and why is he or she apologizing. Is it Jonghyun? Did he change his number?

Me: Who is this?

Maybe Jonghyun changed his number because he got a lot of texts asking if it’s true. Sigh, no reply. Whatever.

I realized it was already 6pm and wow am I hungry. I decided to go down and see if there was any food. I walked past Wooyoung’s oppa’s room and realized that he was already home. I saw his bag on the bed.

“Oppa? You in here?”

He didn’t answer but I heard some sounds coming from the bathroom. I made my way to the bathroom and took a peek. He was washing his hands and I could see blood.

“Oh my gosh oppa what happened?!”

I must’ve startled him because he jumped a little when he heard me.

“Oh .. um nothing. Just. There was a customer at work. Pissed me off. “

“And then?”

“…. And then I umm … punched the window of his car?”

That sounded more like a question. But I was too worried looking at the blood on his hands. I helped him wash of the blood stains from his hands and treated the cuts.

“Don’t worry Jinhee. I’ve got it settled.” He said.

Somehow when he said that, I didn’t feel like he was talking about his injured hands or whatever happened. But I didn’t want to ask him.

 

“Wooyoung! Jinhee! I brought home food!” Appa yelled as we heard him enter the house.

I guess oppa was hungry too because we both ran down at the same time heading for the food.

“Woah woah calm down~~ The food’s not going anywhere.” Appa said.

We giggled and helped appa unpack the food from his packaging. There was Kimchi, Chapchae (stir fried Korean noodles), kongna mulguk and kimbap too.

“Gomawo appa! You came at just the right time, we’re starving!” I said.

“Of course. I know when my babies are hungry. Told you I’m psychic.”

I gave him a look as I went to cook some rice.

It was a really nice dinner. I love it when we have family dinners like this. We joke around and tell stories. Wooyoung oppa seemed especially happy tonight though. He was eating really well and laughed a lot. Even my dad noticed it.

“You’re really happy tonight Wooyoung-ah.”

“Hmm? Really?”

“Yeah you’ve been laughing a lot tonight, more than usual.” I added. “It’s nice. You should laugh more often oppa.”

He just smiled and ruffled my hair. We cleaned up after dinner and I went straight to my room. Just at that time Luna gave me a call.

 

“Yobeoseyo~ yah, are you okay now Jinhee?”

“Yes I’m better now. Sorry for not talking just now …”

“Ah it’s fine. I understand. So did Jonghyun oppa call you or anything?”

“No. Why? Did he call you?”

“No! Why would he call me. Anyway … did umm … your brother say anything about me?”

“Wooyoung oppa? Uh no … why?”

“Oh nothing. Just that … uh … okay well I’m hanging up now. See you tomorrow! Goodnight!”

And she hung up without even waiting for my reply. What’s wrong with her? Why would Wooyoung oppa say anything about her? WHY IS EVERYONE ACTING SO STRANGE TODAY?

I decided to call Taemin to you know, make sure he hasn’t gone weird as well.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taemin! Gwaenchanayo?”

“What? Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”

“Hehehe good this means you’re okay. Everyone’s been acting weird today.”

“Really? Who?”

“Wooyoung oppa … Luna .. yeah basically just them. By the way do you know what’s wrong with Luna? She asked about Wooyoung oppa, isn’t that weird?”

“Maybe she has something to tell you?”

“What?”

“I don’t know. Just wait for tomorrow. Stop asking me so many questions!”

“Okay okay sheesh. See you tomorrow, goodnight Taeminnie~”

“Goodnight~”

__________

 

As much as I’d rather stay home … I have to get my to school. I sighed as I walked down the pathway, on the way to meet Taemin and Luna. Oh they’re early today.

 

LUNA’S POV

Okay I should tell her once she’s here. I can’t keep this from her.

“Here she comes … you ready? Hehe.” Taemin said.

Pffft he’s so happy about all this. Probably cause he likes to see me suffer hmph.

“Thanks Taemin, I really needed that.”

“Just tell her. It’s not like she’ll kill your or … ok maybe there’s a chance of that but-“

“Oh no no no I can’t tell her now.”

“You have to!”

I can’t tell her right now. Maybe later hmm like after school … over the phone.

“Hey guys! … What’s wrong why are you guys looking at me like that?”

“Luna has something to tell you” Taemin said.

“Taemin!” I hissed. “Umm yeah. We … have to go now or else we’ll be late!”

“Oh. Okay …” Jinhee said as she lead the way.

Taemin glared at me as we were walking. I shrugged my shoulders and mouthed the word “later” to him. I can’t tell her now, what if I make her upset and ruin her whole day? Sigh. I wonder what Wooyoung oppa did though.

 

__________

 

JINHEE'S POV

Everyone’s staring. As expected. I can hear them whispering too.

“At least you’re popular now.” Taemin said.

Hehe that’s true. We laughed as we walked to class together. Once we stepped into class, it went quiet and everyone turned their heads to us. I gave a faint smile and Soyeon suddenly spoke up.

“Don’t worry Jinhee. We’re on your side!”

“Yeah! Who cares what the rest think of you. We won’t judge you by those stories.” Minhyuk said.

“Really? … thanks guys.”

“We are your friends after all Jinhee. “

I had a big grin on my face when I heard that. I turned to Taemin and saw that he was smiling as well. I’m SO glad that my classmates aren’t overreacting about this. Now I can finally breathe~

We took our seats and got ready for the class when suddenly Hyewon came running into class. “Yah yah yah! Did you guys hear what happened to Kim Jonghyun?!”

“What?” All the girls said almost at the same time.

“He-“

“Alright students take your seat, class will begin now.”

She was interrupted by our teacher. Damn, I wanted to know what was going on. I tore a small piece of paper and wrote “What happened to Kim Jonghyun?” then passed it to Hyewon who was 4 seats away from me on my right.

The teacher was writing something on the board and had her back facing us. I saw Hyewon folding the paper and passing it back to me. Just as I was grabbing for the note from the person on my right, the teacher slammed her pointer on my desk.

“STOP PASSING NOTES DURING MY CLASS!”

Crap. What’s with everyone and their nice timing. Just when I was going to reach for it. She took the note and tore it to pieces, throwing it into the rubbish bin. Sigh. Guess I’ll have to wait till after class.

__________

 

After class ended I was going to ask Hyewon about Jonghyun but the teacher decided to have a talk with me instead. It was about the note passing. What a waste of time. By the time she finished talking, everyone had already left class. Taemin was waiting for me outside.

“Finally. Let’s go to Luna’s block. She’s waiting for us there.”

“Luna’s block?” We’re separated based on our majors so that means there’s a chance we’ll bump into Jonghyun.

“Come on.”

We walked over to Luna’s block and found her waiting for us in front of some classroom. Strangely enough, the students there didn’t even stare at me like this morning. Haven’t they heard the story going around? I’m guessing they don’t know me here that’s why.

“Hey Luna. Why are we meeting here?” Taemin asked.

She dragged us to a corner of a turn heading to a stairway. “Have you guys heard about what happened to Jonghyun?” she whispered.

“No, what? What happened?” I asked.

“He- oh there he comes! Look look!” she said still whispering.

We peeked out from the corner and saw him walking towards his locker. He was wearing a black fedora hat and sunglasses. Why would he be wearing that those indoors? He opened his locker and heaved out a sigh. He took off the hat and his sunglasses and … oh my gosh. He has bruises on his face! Looks like he has a black eye and it was swollen. He looks pale too. Oh my god what happened.

“Everyone’s been talking about him the whole morning. No one even talks about your story anymore.” Luna said.

“So what exactly happened?” Taemin asked.

“I don’t know. I heard he got beat up …” Luna said as she looked at Taemin. “BUT others say it’s because he has problems at home … I don’t really know.”

 

LUNA’S POV

Maybe I should tell Jinhee now. Is this the right timing?

“Jin-“

“I think I’ll go and talk to him. Be right back.”

“Hey wait-“

But she was already making her way towards Jonghyun. Ugh damn it. What if Jonghyun getting beaten up is all my fault?

“Do you think it was Wooyoung hyung?” Taemin asked.

“I don’t know! And I hope not! If it is, then this is all my fault!”

We watched as Jinhee got closer to Jonghyun. He turned and noticed Jinhee making her way over to him. His eyes widened and he quickly put his sunglasses and fedora hat back on. He took out a book and shut his locker, walking at a fact pace in the other direction, without even talking to Jinhee.

 

JINHEE'S POV

Did he just … avoid me?

“Jonghyun-ssi!” I called out. But he simply ignored me and continued making his way down the hallway.

Why is he acting this way? I went back to where Taemin and Luna were.

“Did you guys see that? He totally ran off!”

“Yeah we saw. Well um, maybe he just doesn’t want to see you right now.” Taemin said.

“Maybe … I was just gonna ask him if he was okay though.”

“It’s okay let’s just go and buy lunch now.”

We made our way to the cafeteria to buy our lunches before heading out to the back of the school as usual. On our way to the back we saw Jonghyun’s friend, what was his name … Key?

“Oh it’s Key hyung …” Taemin waved at him.

We were walking towards each other but when he saw us he made a turn and went up the stairs. Did he just avoid me too? What is going on …

 

We got to our usual bench table and had our lunch.

“Why did Jonghyun run off like that? Is it me? And Key too. Maybe Jonghyun told Key to stay away from me. And I wonder what happened to Jonghyun. Looking at the bruises on his face, I feel so bad. Even though it probably had nothing to do with me …”

“Uhh …”

“What? It had nothing to do with me … right? Are you guys not telling me something?”

“No no I’m sure it had nothing to do with you.” Luna said.

Hmm something’s not right.

“I hope so. Because I would feel so so so so so so so so so so so so so horrible if it had something to do with ME and I didn’t know about-“

“OKAY SO MAYBE IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOU I DON’T KNOW OKAY I DON’T KNOW!” Luna suddenly burst.

“Luna … “

“Um, I, well …”

“Ok I can’t take it anymore. Luna told your brother about what happened yesterday.” Taemin finally spoke.

“YOU WHAT?!”

“Not EVERYTHING! He wanted to know why you were upset when we sent you home so I kinda told him it was kinda Jonghyun’s fault cause he spread that story to everyone.” She explained.

Oh no. Does this mean … yesterday … when oppa came home with his hands bleeding and today Jonghyun with the bruises on his face. And what oppa said about having it “settled”.

“DID MY OPPA BEAT UP JONGHYUN?!”

“Shhhhhhh! What if someone hears you!” Taemin hissed.

“I’m so sorry Jinhee … you know how bad I am at lying. And your brother … he glared his devil eyes at me and he was just so scary. Mianhae … “ Luna said.

SIGH. “It’s okay … I guess. But, did my brother really beat him up? Because you know that night, he came back with his hands bleeding.”

“He did?!” Taemin looked at Luna. “Maybe it was him.”

Was it really oppa? But … oppa wouldn’t do that. Would he? Was that why he was so happy yesterday? Because he got his “revenge” on Jonghyun.

“But like I said, I heard it was some family problems so …” Luna said. “Let’s go investigate!”

“Investigate?” Taemin and I said simultaneously.

“Not a bad idea …” I muttered.

“You’re kidding right Jinhee?” Taemin said.

“No. It could be fun! Come on Taemin, we could be like Sherlock!”

“Sherlock? … that’s stupid.”

“Come on Taemin … you know you want to~” Luna said.

“….. okay fine. But if we get caught, you guys are taking the blame.”

Luna and I hi-fived each other and giggled.

TAEMIN’S POV

Sherlock? What a lame idea. Feels really familiar though … maybe I was Sherlock in my previous life. Hehe.

 

__________

 

JINHEE'S POV

So after school we decided to stalk Jonghyun. We followed him from a far as he went out of school. But wait, he’s taking a cab home? What happened to his car?

“Last night, oppa said he punched the window of a customer’s car! A customer who pissed him off. Maybe it was ….”

“Jonghyun.” Both Taemin and Luna said simultaneously.

“Let’s go to your brother’s workplace then!” Luna suggested.

And we did. Secretly of course. We hid behind one of the many cars there and saw Wooyoung oppa working on a car that was 5 rows in front of the one we were hiding behind.

“Hey hey look, the car behind the one Wooyoung hyung is working on, doesn’t it look familiar?” Taemin whispered.

I took a peek and realized, “That’s Jonghyun’s car …”

But what if it was just the same design? We need to get closer. I motioned for them to follow me as I led the way and got closer to where Wooyoung oppa was but still maintaing a distance. He was under the hood of the car and his back was facing our direction so we were still unseen. The car on the right … it DOES seem like Jonghyun’s car. The plate number … KJH0408.

“Oh my god guys it IS Jonghyun’s car. The plate number confirms it.” I whispered.

 

WOOYOUNG’S POV

Hmm? Did I just hear … nah. Maybe it’s just my imagination.

 

JINHEE'S POV

“… the window of the driver seat is broken …” Luna whispered.

“So … oppa really did attack Jonghyun. How could he …” I muttered.

“I’m sorry Jinhee. This is partly my fault. It was my fault for telling him.”

“No … I mean yes but, I thought oppa was better than that. I didn’t think he would actually beat up someone.”

Taemin placed his hand on my shoulder. I guess he could sense how disappointed I was. I was VERY disappointed. This is so not how I imagined oppa “settled” things.

“Oh ..” Taemin muttered.

“HEY YOU THREE! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING HERE?!” a buff bald guy with tattoos on his arms shouted at us.

“Run!” Taemin said.

And we made a dash for the exit.

“Jinhee?” Uh oh Wooyoung oppa had seen us.

“Yah! Jinhee!” he shouted. Why are we still running when he already saw us? I slowed down and eventually stopped.

“What are you doing Jinhee, let’s go!” Luna shouted.

“No. Oppa already saw us, what’s the point?”

They stopped running as well and rested with their hands on their knees.

“You’ll really be the death of me Jinhee-ah” Taemin panted.

The bald guy came over to us and Wooyoung oppa was right behind him.

“Who the hell are you kids? Why were you sneaking around? You were trying to steal somethin’ weren’t ya?” He said pointing at us with the spanner in his hand.

“Umm Jack, I got this. This is my sister. She probably came to see me.” Wooyoung oppa said to the guy.

“Oh. Well if you wanted to visit your brother you shoulda just came in normally and not sneak around. You SURE you weren’t here to steal somethin’?

“Jack … “

“Alright alright. I’ll give ya 10 minutes tops.” And he walked back to the cars. “We got a lotta cars to fix today.”

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Wooyoung oppa asked.

“Nothing.” I said, not meeting his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” He looked at me and then at Taemin and Luna.

“Oh uh, hyung we’ll go first. You can talk to Jinhee.” Taemin said.

“Aniyo. I’ll come with you guys.” I said.

“Jinhee. Tell me what’s wrong.” Wooyoung oppa held onto my arm.

I pulled away from his grip and went over to Taemin and Luna. “Nothing is wrong. Just … I know what you did. I can’t believe you oppa.”

I started to walk away.

“Yah, what are you talking about?”

“YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. STOP PLAYING DUMB!”

“Jinhee … stop” Taemin hissed.

“I don’t want to talk to you.” I said to oppa.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

Jinhee just raised her voice at her brother in front of us. It was scary. She ran off after that. Luna trailed along behind her.

I turned to Wooyoung hyung and shrugged. I was about to walk away when he spoke.

“I really have no idea what she’s talking about. What did I do?”

“She’s upset about what you did to Jonghyun …” I said softly.

“Jong- ugh what did I do? Nevermind then. Just … go make sure she’s okay.”

And he walked back to fix the car he was working on earlier. Hmm it doesn’t seem like Wooyoung hyung beat Jonghyun hyung up. Maybe Jinhee, or WE jumped to conclusions.

I ran off to catch up with the girls.

“Yah, I don’t think it was Wooyoung hyung who beat Jonghyun hyung up guys … “

“What are you talking about? It was him. There’s so much evidence.” Jinhee said.

Aish she’s so stubborn. We sent her home and I walked with Luna to her place.

“You don’t think it’s Wooyoung oppa?” Luna asked.

I shaked my head. “Nope, he looked really sad just now. I don’t think it was him. I don’t think he even knew  what Jinhee was talking about.”

Luna shrugged. “Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens.”

 

JINHEE'S POV

I can’t believe he would act dumb and not admit it. Ugh stupid oppa.

Wooyoung oppa: I don’t know what I did wrong. But don’t assume if you don’t know the truth.

There he goes again! Pfft.

 

WOOYOUNG’S POV

Why am I the victim here? Sigh. It’s okay, the truth will come out soon enough. Guess I’ll have to put up with Jinhee hating me for now … 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Teehee so it wasn't Wooyoung oppa? Hmm who was it then? :P

Thanks to my new subscribers! <333 Someone unsubbed. I guess I took too long? Sorry.