Magic Happens.

Let Me Be With You

“That’s not going to do,” He said before aggressively pushing me against the door and kissing me passionately, ignoring the complaints we got from everyone else.

“Goodnight baby,” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Normal POV:

 

Onew sighed, pushing the cart down the aisle of the supermarket. “I think that’s all we need for the party right guys?” He waited for a response but scrunched his eyebrows together when he didn’t get one. “Guys?” He stopped and ly to groan in disapproval. “This is a public place!”

“It’s him, not me!” Jinhee cried, giggling as Jonghyun continued his assault on her neck. He was hugging her from behind and was kissing and nipping on her neck, not paying any attention to the fact that they were in a supermarket.

“Jonghyun…” Onew said, his voice low.

“What?” He replied innocently. “I’m marking my property,”

“Mark somewhere else; you’re embarrassing you know that?” Onew said with an annoyed tone before turning back around and pushing the cart further down the aisle, mentally thanking the fact that there weren’t much people.

Jinhee squeezed out of Jonghyun’s grip and ran towards Onew, picking up two large bottles of drink. She placed it in the cart next to the snacks, paper plates and cups. “Hmm, what else did Key want us to buy?” She asked.

“That should be it,” Onew said. “I wonder how the cake hunting is going.”

“I heard Minhyun asked one of the chefs of the hotel she’s staying at to bake one for us, as a favour of course.” Jonghyun said as he walked up to the both of them. Onew placed a hand in front of him, stopping him before he could pounce on Jinhee again.

“Cool,” Jinhee nodded. “I wonder what Taemin and Luna are doing,” She said.

“Probably ing,” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Ew.” Jinhee said, making a face. “Didn’t need that mental image.”

“Me either.” Onew agreed, smacking Jonghyun’s head.

“Well then how about a mental image of us—”

“Stop!” Onew yelled and placed his hand over Jonghyun’s mouth, stopping him from saying anything else. Jinhee smiled sheepishly and looked away, knowing what he was going to say.

Ever since morning, Jonghyun has been attacking her with his love. She wondered if it was just an aftermath from the fight they had yesterday that made him so affectionate but she didn’t resist whenever he grabbed hold of her. It only built up her secret desire to have him.

“What’s wrong with you today?” Onew asked, shaking his head.

Jonghyun sighed and stared at his girlfriend. She had denim shorts on and a dark blue off-shoulder crop top which exposed her toned abs, teasing Jonghyun even more every time she turned to face him. Jinhee followed his gaze and looked down at herself, thinking if she had chosen the wrong clothes to wear.

“What’s wrong, is that I have a y girlfriend.” He said and grabbed her by the arm to pull her closer to him before placing his hand over her and squeezing it. Jinhee gasped at his actions and just as he did it, an American couple walked past them, laughing and smiling cheekily, saying something in English. 

“She said we’re cute,” Jinhee giggled.

“See,” Jonghyun said, turning to Onew. “They think my actions are cute.”

“Great, now they think you guys are a cute couple and I’m the gay best friend that tags along.” Onew said making the both of them laugh.

He rolled his eyes and pulled Jonghyun off her. “Jinhee, help me get some whipped cream will you?” He asked nicely, still keeping his hold on Jonghyun’s collar. Jinhee nodded and skipped her way down the aisle and onto the next one to find the requested item. Only once she was gone did he finally release his grip on Jonghyun and stared him down.

“What?” Jonghyun asked from beside him, feigning ignorance. He sighed. “My hormones are acting up,”

“Oh god,” Onew groaned as he shook his head and started walking away with the cart, leaving Jonghyun to himself. Of course Onew knew what that meant; and he had no intention of standing there listening to the details of Jonghyun’s fantasies. Taking advantage of the situation, Jonghyun slowly backed off and then ran to find Jinhee once again.

 

Jinhee’s POV:

 

It was almost eight and after spending our afternoon learning how to surf, we separated into teams to get the things we needed for Taemin’s surprise tomorrow. Luna took Taemin out, Key went with Minhyun to get the cake, Onew, Jonghyun and I are getting the food and drinks while Minho and Aeri…I’m not really sure where they went to.

Looking for the whipped cream, I walked down the ‘dairy’ aisle where there were milk, cheese and other dairy products. A long white can with red prints on it that read whipped cream caught my attention. “There it is,” I said to myself.

As I reached for the can on my toes and landed back on my feet, a familiar pair of arms circled me and soft lips touched my cheek. “Found you,” He whispered.

Smiling, I turned around to face him. “Congrats. You’ve found me. Now let go,” I struggled to get out of his grip but it only got tighter and his lips met with mine so suddenly. My lips melted with his, loving the attention he was giving me. Slowly, I pulled away and studied his face. “I love you.” He said.

“ert” I said, kissing his nose. “Now let’s go before Onew finds us like this.”

“Jinhee you have something on your lips” He said, pointing to my face. I touched my lips in response, “What?”

He leaned close and removed my hand, “Mine.” He said before our lips touched once again.

“For goodness’ sake!”

We pushed ourselves off each other and found Onew standing before us with a distressed look on his face. Laughing at his reaction, we bowed and apologised to him. I placed the whipped cream in the cart and we walked off to the cashier.

“I am so telling your brother about this Jinhee,” He muttered.

“No you aren’t.” I retorted. “If you do, I’ll tell Minhyun that you like her,”

It was obvious he did. Not sure if the rest realised it or if she realised it herself, but I did. And so did Jonghyun. He wouldn’t have gotten her number or else. And he wouldn’t have bothered to send her home that night after the club too.

“Come on, it’s so obvious.” I said.

“I don’t blame you,” Jonghyun hung his hand over Onew’s shoulder. “She’s hot!”

“She’s what?” I asked Jonghyun, raising my eyebrows. One minute he can’t keep his hands off me and the next he goes around saying someone else is hot.

“You didn’t hear anything.” He replied coolly. I rolled my eyes and turned away.

Once we paid for the things, we left for the hotel and hid everything under the bed in our room since that’s the last place Taemin would go wandering to. Key and Minhyun came back just a few minutes after we did and by the excited look on their faces, we knew the cake was in good hands.

 “Thanks to Minhyun, the chef is going to bake it free of charge!” Key said, happily.

“No big deal,” She shrugged it off.

Minhyun looked cute today; she had grey shorts and a loose tank top on. I wiggled my eyebrows at Onew who sighed and shook his head at me.

“Hey has anyone seen Aeri? And Minho?” Key asked.

“Ooh, now you remember about Aeri,” Jonghyun said, pulling his shirt over his head and revealing his tank top underneath. “I think they went out together.”

“What?!” He yelled. “I’m going to kill Minho.”

I giggled as Key took out his phone and raged after being directed to Minho voicemail and ended up yelling into it.

“Jinhee, come here.” Jonghyun said, patting his lap and calling me over.

“I’m so hungry!” Minhyun cried. “I’m going to call room service now. I’ll just get whatever I think is nice off the menu for you guys okay?” She asked.

“Works for me,” I said as I sat on Jonghyun’s lap.

Minhyun jumped onto the other bed and reached out for the hotel phone, dialling the number for room service.

“What do you want?” I asked Jonghyun, his cheekbones as he smiled down at me.

“I want you,” He said. He turned us around and I ended up below while he hovered over me, his lips. I placed my hands around his neck and pulled him down to kiss him. My hands moved over to his arms and around his waist as I pulled him closer.

“Why are you guys so ?” Key asked, ruining the moment. He said on the edge of the same bed with a disgusted look on his face and watched us.

“I’m not ,” I stated. “I just have a boyfriend.”

“Well, I took a photo of you and your boyfriend so you better listen to me if you don’t want your brother seeing this.” Key said, waving his phone in front of us. I grabbed his wrist and took a closer look; he really did just take a photo of us.

“That’s blackmail!” Jonghyun cried.

“No, that’s smart!” Key said proudly. “Now go on, continue making out.”

“Jonghyun get off Jinhee,” Onew sighed, with an exasperated look on his face.

“Why?” Jonghyun asked, getting off me and sitting next to me instead while he helped me to get up. “Are you jealous?”

“No!” He said with a hint of warning in his tone. Knowing Jonghyun, he was probably going to bring up the crush Onew had on Minhyun.

“You can do it with Minhyun, hyung.” Jonghyun said boldly.

Onew’s eyes looked like they were going to explode and he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Thankfully, Minhyun was on the phone so she probably didn’t catch that. I hope. Doesn’t look like she did anyway. When I looked over my shoulder, she was only bidding thanks to the person on the other line and set the phone back done.

“Did I hear my name?” She asked us, looking around curiously with a smile on her face.

“No!” Onew cried. “I mean, no. You didn’t hear anything,”

“Oh,” She replied awkwardly. “Okay. Anyway, Jinhee would you girls mind if I slept over again?”

“Of course we don’t mind!” I said. “It’s fun having another girl around.”

It’s true, having more girls in our group makes it fun especially when we still have lots to know and more untold stories to find out about. Now that Hana’s left, Minhyun makes up for her not being here. And I like her just as much as I like Hana. They’re both fun.

“I’m sure Onew will like that,” Jonghyun muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

“Hmm?” She tilted her head. “Onew?”

Onew’s face grew red when I glanced at him and he gulped as Minhyun turned her attention to him. “Nothing. He’s just talking nonsense. Don’t listen to him,” He said. Minhyun nodded slowly as if trying to adapt to the weird situation.

Onew then came towards us and whispred. “I am so going to you guys from now on,” He said, with his teeth clenched but smiled innocently when he started to walk back to the boys’ room.

“Don’t look at me, I don’t know what’s going on either,” Key said to Minhyun and shrugged. “All I know is that I’m stuck in this room with a couple and weird Onew and it’s like we’re the only two normal ones.” Key said casually, making Minhyun throw her head back and laugh.

“I heard that!” Onew yelled from next door.

__________

 

Normal POV:

 

Minho’s breaths came out in short pants as he lowered the intensity of the treadmill to a slow walk. His eyes were glued to the large, wide mirror in front of him as he watched the girl next to him run. Her brown hair bounced from side to side in its ponytail and sweat trickled down her face as she ran.

“What?” Aeri asked in between pants, glancing at him from the mirror.

“What what?” He replied casually, as if he hadn’t been admiring her toned physique. She had on a red sports bra, revealing her bare abdomen and black shorts which fit her perfectly, outlining her curves.

“You were staring at me,” She said, slowing down her treadmill and wiping the sweat of her face with a towel.

Minho scoffed. “No I wasn’t.”

“Fine,” She breathed. “I don’t want to have this silly argument.”

She hopped off the treadmill just as he did and grabbed her bottle from the carpeted floor, taking a gulp of water. Watching as he moved on to lift some weights, she smiled a bit. His tank top exposed his muscular arms and the sweat which stained his shirt outlined his chest and back muscles.

“You lift weights too?” He asked as she came closer and took the four pound weights in each hand.

“Uhh, I try to,” She said. “They don’t seem to have much effect, on my triceps especially.”

She glanced to the side where Minho was preoccupied lifting his own weights; his biceps contracting every time he lifted them up. Aeri forced herself to stop looking at his arms and proceeded to lift the weights in her hands.

Minho chuckled as she did the first few lifts. “What?” She asked, annoyed.

“No wonder you don’t feel the effect of the workout,” He said. “You’re doing it wrong.”

Minho placed his weights down and moved behind her. She gulped as Minho’s chest came in contact with her back and his hands placed carefully on her hips. “First, keep your legs slightly apart for better balance and base.”

His hands then went over hers, gripping her hand and the weight. “Next, make sure you hold it properly.” He said. Minho's head was right next to hers and every time he spoke, his voice sent tingles down her spine. His hot breath down her neck wasn’t helping either.

“Then, lift them up till you feel the contraction and squeeze your biceps.” He guided her through with his own arms against hers. She bit her lip, half-listening while enjoying the feel of him against her. “After that, slowly bring them back down. And repeat.”

“If you want to work out your triceps, I can show you,” He said softly.

“Show me,” She breathed, wanting more of Minho’s touch.

He mentally growled at the sound of her voice. He was just as attracted to her as she was to him; neither of them wanting to admit it.

“Lift the weights up above your head, and stand tall.” His hands were around her wrist as he guided them. Then he slowly lowered them to her abdomen, gently brushing his fingers over her skin. “Abs in,” He said.

“Tuck your elbows in, and then lower your arms to the back just below a ninety degree angle.” He traced his finger over her triceps to emphasise where she should feel the contraction. “You feel that? Now your triceps are working.”

“I feel it,” She said softly.

He breathed out slowly as she continued with the workout and ran a hand through his hair, before walking back to his original place and taking a sip of his water.

Neither of them could focus on their workouts any longer. Aeri placed the weights back in place and looked into the mirror. Her face was flushed. Trying to make it less obvious, she let her hair down hoping it would distract Minho from the redness of her face.

Minho moved to the next weight lifting workout; a much heavier one. He laid back on the bench and raised his arms to grab and lifted the weight bar over the weight rest. Every lift he did, a grunt would escape from him.

Aeri walked over and sat next to him, placing her arms on either side of him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” He said after another grunt, using his chest and arm muscles to lift the weight up.

“What do you like about Jinhee?”

He paused for a while and placed the weight back on its rest after one last lift. Sighing, he sat up and faced her, hugging his knees. “Why do you care?”

“Just answer me,” She said softly.

“I don’t know. I just like her. She’s cute, smart and nice,” He sighed. “I don’t know,”

She bit her lip and looked down. “What about me?” He scrunched his eyebrows together, not sure if he understood her question. She gulped. “Do you like me?”

“Sure I guess,” He said carefully. “You’re pretty, fun. I mean there’s nothing to not like about you,”

She kept her gaze low as if she were thinking about something and Minho tilted his head, trying to take a look at her face. Slowly, soon after, she raised her head and looked at him. “Do you think you could ever like me the way you like Jinhee?”

His lips parted as she asked him that question. Instantly, she regretted doing so and wished she didn’t ask in the first place. She bit her lips and closed her eyes; there was nothing she could do now.

“Do you like me?” He asked.

She didn’t say anything else; she couldn’t. Mustering up her courage, she lifted her gaze and looked at Minho again. He was looking at her with his big curious eyes. She scooted closer and tucked her hair behind her ear before slowly leaning in and placing her lips on his.

 When she pulled away, almost immediately she moved away, her eyes wide and watery. “I’m sorry,” She said. “I didn’t mean to do that.”

Her hands were cold and quickly, she got up on her feet and left the place after grabbing her bag and belongings. “I’ll see you back at the room,” She said to him one last time, not even looking in his direction before running off.

Minho sat in place, trying to understand and process what had just happened. Aeri had just kissed her and indirectly revealed her feelings towards him. He knew he didn’t dislike the kiss; he would’ve pulled away otherwise. He sat there for a while longer, not knowing what to do.

Touching his lips which had just been kissed by Aeri, he smiled.

__________

 

“Who said you could touch me!” Luna cried, pushing Taemin’s arm off her waist.

“Why not?” He scratched his head. “Aren’t we on a date?”

He snickered at the last word, quite happy that Luna wanted to spend more time with him. She breathed out and glared at him, which he found cute. “This is not a date. We’re just hanging out,” She stated.

Her hair was tied up into a bun and she was wearing a pink and blue sundress which she borrowed from Jinhee. Taemin smiled to himself, almost enjoying this way too much.

“You don’t have to be hostile towards me,” He said with a smile on his face. “I know you like me too.”

She blushed red when he said that, making him chuckle, and folded her arms on her chest. Taemin s his arm around her waist again and pulled her closer as they walked down the road by the beach. And this time she didn’t resist or complain.

As they walked, Taemin realised there was music being played by a small food hut at the back of the beach. And a few couples were dancing just next to the hut. A light bulb lit up in Taemin’s head.

“Do you want to dance?” He asked her.

Luna raised her eyebrows and looked back and forth between him and the couples. “There?” She asked. Taemin nodded his head and as soon as she said, “Sure,” he pulled her along as they made their way down the beach and found a spot in between the ‘dance floor’.

Taemin placed his hands around her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She couldn’t look him in the eye, not until she got annoyed by the grin he constantly had on his face while he looked at her.

“Stop that,” She said.

“Why?” He smiled. “I like staring at you. Now I can do it openly.”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “That’s kind of creepy,” She said.

Taemin laughed and continued looking at her pretty face as they swayed to the slow music. Luna turned to him and studied his face. “When did you start liking me?” She asked.

“Ah,” He bit his lip, almost embarrassed to tell her. “Since kindergarten?”

Luna scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to remember her kindergarten days which seemed like a very long time ago. She looked at him, confused. “Kindergarten?”

“Yup.” Taemin nodded proudly. “Remember this little boy who you kicked in the sandbox and threw a toy truck at?”

Luna’s eyes widened and she started laughing out loud. She remembered that day clearly; someone had stolen her lunch and she was really grumpy, so she ended up kicking an innocent little boy who was eating a sandwich which looked just like the one her mother had packed for her that had gotten stolen. “That was you?!”

Taemin sighed. “Sadly yes,” Luna couldn’t stop laughing and apologising to him. The moonlight shined on her face as she laughed, making Taemin’s heart jump at how beautiful she looked. When she finally calmed down, she apologised once more to him. “I’m sorry Taemin. I was a grumpy girl,” She chuckled.

“That’s okay, I guess.” He rubbed the side of his head where toy truck had landed on. “It did hurt though,”

“Okay so because of that, you liked me?” She asked again.

“Well after that incident I just wanted to avoid you, just in case you kicked me again,” He said. “But I kept seeing you everywhere and you were just so cute and pretty. And when we became friends, I thought you were really cool.”

Luna nodded her head slowly as she smiled and tried to hide the blush forming. She never expected Taemin to have these feelings for her nor did she realise his feelings all these years. They went quiet, with no words left to say, just staring at each other.

“I think I’m supposed to kiss you now,” Taemin stated, with a chuckle.

“I didn’t say you could,” Luna whispered as he leaned in closer to her.

“I’m not asking you for permission,”

They were so close, only inches apart and Taemin held his breath as their lips almost touch, right before Luna broke into giggles and rested her head on his shoulder instead. He smiled to himself, feeling cheated and slightly embarrassed.

“This is too weird,” Luna said against his shoulder.

“You’re supposed to let me kiss you,” He said. “And then the magic happens.”

Luna giggled and lifted her head up. “You are so annoy—“

Taemin’s lips crashed onto hers, stopping her from continuing her sentence. She was speechless but kissed him back nonetheless, not wanting to lose to him. When they pulled away, she titled her head to the side. “You know I’m not an easy girl,” She narrowed her eyes. “And this doesn’t mean you’re my boyfriend.”

“Yet. Not your boyfriend, yet. And I know,” He nodded. “I’ll work hard to make my lovely Luna happy.”

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder again as they continued dancing. He placed his head on hers and closed his eyes, relishing this moment he was having on the beach with Luna, finally getting to reveal his true feelings. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Love is in the airrrrr~~ ^^ Okay, just a quickie update for this week. Well, I updated twice this week and it's cause I can't be updating next week; I have exams. I know, boo. So anyway I wrote this chapter to make up for it and I promiseeeee I'll write a good, proper chapter after next week ^^ 

Don't forget to support SHINee's comeback on the 21st (this coming thurs)! Too bad I have exams on that day ugh. And also don't forget to watch their show Wonderful Day! And their teaser for their Japan song 'Fire' is out! So many things happening at the same time. If you need the links message me. Have fun, Cheers! ^^