Don't Leave.

Let Me Be With You

“Jinhee would never say that to me. She loves me…”

Oh Jonghyun.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was cold back at the hotel, even if I did have my jacket on and was wrapped up under the covers. Aeri hadn’t woken up since. Minho carried her into bed where Luna and I helped to remove her heels and dress off so she’d feel more comfortable.

My eyes were glued to the ceiling as I gripped the sheets. Beside me, Luna was having trouble keeping her eyes open. She had promised to stay awake with me till I could sleep but of course after a long day, who could keep their eyes open?

A couple of banging sounds could be heard from next door where the boys were. And the muffled sounds of Jonghyun’s screaming were heard after that. “No! I’m not sleeping until Jinhee gets here!” He had been making a fuss about it since we closed the door to our connecting rooms and he couldn’t be with me.

“Don’t you think you should go be with him?” Luna asked sleepily.

I kept silent for a moment because I knew what my answer was; I just didn’t want to say it. “I don’t want to.” I said softly.

“Because of what happened before?”

“Yes.” Tonight went terrible. And I knew it would turn out this way. I just didn’t know I’d feel as awful as I do right now. Part of me was tempted to go next door and comfort him, but my body just wouldn’t move no matter how much my heart wanted to. I feel sorry that Minho has to deal with him alone since Onew went to send MinHyun back home. And as for Minhyun; we probably left a really bad first impression on her.

The doorbell to their room went off and I’m guessing it was Onew. I heard more shouting and screaming and I closed my eyes trying to force myself to sleep.

“Why didn’t you tell me Taemin likes me?” Luna asked again out of the blue.

I smiled a bit. She had been thinking of Taemin this whole time. “You already knew. You just weren’t sure of it.” I answered, turning to her. “And I’m sure the feelings are mutual; aren’t they?”

“No,” She said. “Not until a few nights ago at the beach. I think this was what Key was hinting to me about. Does everyone in our group know?”

“I think so.”

“He is such an idiot,” She mumbled. “I am going to kill him and give him the worst hangover tomorrow.”

I chuckled just knowing that’s exactly what she’s going to do when she wakes up. Aeri then moved under the covers next to Luna and swung her arm over Luna’s waist, comfortably hanging on. I ran my eyes over her and observed her messy hair and smudged makeup; would she remember what happened tonight when she wakes up tomorrow? Because if she did, she would be scarred for life almost being kidnapped and all.

Suddenly, the door connecting our room to the boys’ room clicked open and interrupted my thoughts. I lifted my head and saw Onew standing by the doorway. Jonghyun’s voice was still echoing through their room; this time he seemed calmer. “Jinhee, if you don’t mind would you please…?” He nodded his head in Jonghyun’s direction.

Closing my eyes in defeat, I heaved out a sigh. I knew I had to. For everyone’s sake. “Go on,” Luna said with a yawn. “My eyes are closing anyway. Just leave the door open. Goodnight Jinhee.”

“Goodnight Luna.” I said as I slipped off the bed and shuffled towards the other room. A tired smile spread across Onew’s face and when I walked past him. Key and Taemin were cuddled with each other on one bed and two empty ones were on either side, separated by a bedside table.

Minho breathed a sigh of relief when he turned to see me walking up to them by the window where Jonghyun was talking to his reflection. He gave me a smile before walking off in the other direction, leaving Jonghyun to me.

Jonghyun slowly noticed my reflection on the window and gasped. “Jinhee’s here!” He said, touching the reflection of my face on the window. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his back which made him turn. “That’s my reflection. I’m here,” I said.

“I’ve missed you,” He whined, pulling me into a hug and swaying me from left to right as his head was buried into my neck. “Where did you go?” He asked.

“Shh,” I placed my finger on his lips. “Talk softly. I didn’t go anywhere. I was just next door.”

“Okay shh,” He imitated me. “Don’t go next door anymore. You must stay here,”

I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair, pushing them away from his handsome face. “It’s already late. Let’s go to bed,” I said.

“Okay. You’re coming with me right?” He asked, and I could almost see fear in his eyes at the thought of me leaving. Now I feel guilty for not answering his pleads for me the past hour. I circled him and helped to remove his leather jacket which he still had on. “Now your shirt,” I said, lifting the hem of it.

“Take it off for me,” He grinned and lifted his arms in the air. I chuckled and proceeded to lift it up and over his head. “You just want to see my abs,” He whispered. I rolled my eyes. Even when he’s drunk, he knows how to make me blush.

“You guys take that bed,” Onew said pointing to the one nearest to us. “Minho, you can have that one.” He pointed to the other empty bed next to Taemin and Key’s.

“But what about you hyung?” Minho asked.

“There’s an empty bed next door. I’ll sleep there instead, for tonight.”

We nodded and headed for our respective beds. Minho dimmed the lights, making the room bathe in a soft orange glow. “Finally. Sleep.” Minho mumbled as he climbed into bed and rested his hands behind his head.

“You must be tired,” I said to him. But there was no response. When I glanced in his direction, his eyes were already closed and his chest moved up and down slowly as he breathed. I guess he’s really tired. I must remember to thank him again tomorrow.

“Come on,” I pulled on the covers and got under them in bed, patting the space beside me. Jonghyun climbed in as well with whatever sense of balance he had left before landing on his side next to me. While I pulled the covers back up to cover the both of us, he snuggled closer and rested his head on my chest, wrapping his hands around my waist.

“So comfy,” He mumbled, nuzzling his nose onto my chest which made me blush. I giggled and ran my hand over his head as he slowly drifted off to sleep. “I love you Jinhee. Never leave me. Even if I make stupid mistakes, don’t leave me. I can’t lose you to Minho…” That was the last sentence he managed to slur out before he fell unconscious.

The last sentence especially caught my attention. Lose me to Minho? Just like this morning when we went snorkelling and he compared himself to Minho, what was that about? Why is it always Minho?

__________

 

The sun’s bright rays woke me up as I heard the sound of the curtains being pulled open. “Good morning everyone!” Onew said happily. I looked around the room where Minho too was getting up from his sleep, sitting cross-legged on the bed and rubbing his eyes. Taemin and Key only slightly shifted from their position, not being able to open their eyes.

Jonghyun then moved, lifting his head up from my chest and looking at me with sleepy eyes and then rolling over to the side where he buried his head under the pillows. “What time is it?” I asked, getting up from my position and stretching a bit. I’d been in the same position all night long as Jonghyun slept on me. I didn’t want to move and wake him up.

“It’s 9 in the morning,” Onew said.

“That’s too early to be morning,” Key muttered, pulling the sheets up to cover his face.

“Everyone just shut up, my head hurts.” Jonghyun’s muffled voice said from below the pillows. I scooted closer and rubbed his back. “Do you need anything?” I asked nicely, thinking if he wanted coffee or tea I could make some for him to help with his hangover.

“No. Nothing,”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, now just go.” He replied coldly, hurting me with his words.

“Why are you being mean to Jinhee? She’s just being nice,” Onew said to him. I sat there, waiting for him to say something. Anything, just to make me feel better. He removed his head from underneath the pillow and his side to look at us.

“I’m not being mean.” He said groggily. The slur in his words told me he wasn’t sober just yet; he was still under slight alcohol influence.

“You’ve hurt her feelings by asking her to leave. She stayed with you the whole night to make sure you slept well,” Onew continued. I tried stopping him because I knew his words won’t have any effect on Jonghyun especially not in this state he’s in. “I think you should apologise to her.”

Jonghyun scratched his head and then lifted his gaze. “Did I hurt your feelings?”

I nodded my head. He did. And all I wanted was an apology, just telling me how he didn’t mean it. “Sorry,” He said emotionlessly. My expression fell as he killed my mood once again with his unconcerned attitude. “You don’t have to be so emotional, sheesh. It’s not like I asked you to stay with me or something…” He continued.

And that was the last straw. I felt the anger boiling in me, blood rushing to my face and tears threatening to fall. My hands were clenched into fists and for a moment, I hated him. Everything about him. “You idiot.” I whispered.

“What?” He asked, getting up from his position and sitting up.

“You idiot!” I yelled. “You were the one who couldn’t stop asking for me last night! And now, you dare to tell me that you didn’t ask me to stay with you?”

“Jinhee, calm—“

“No!” I interrupted Onew as he came to my side and tried to stop me. But I couldn’t stop; the words spit out so effortlessly like I’d been holding them in all this while, ready to explode. “And yes, I am emotional! How could I not be after what happened last night?!”

“W-what happened last night?” He stuttered. His eyes were wide as he watched me explode on him. Onew was still next to me, holding on to my shoulders and occasionally using his hand to wipe my tears away. My screaming had woken up Taemin and Key in the next bed, where they now sat in a daze half-listening to us.

“Of course you don’t remember what happened last night, you were wasted!” I continued. “And you still are!”

“Stop overreacting,” He whined. “I’m sure nothing went seriously wrong last night..”

“You sure about that?”

Silence fell upon us. I heard the bathroom door click open and footsteps coming out from there. It was Minho who scrunched his eyebrows together as he looked at us in confusion.

“Yes,” Jonghyun said. “Nothing happened. And you’re just a crybaby.”

I punched him. Twice. Once in the chest and once in his abdomen. I placed all the strength I had into those two punches, thinking that he’d feel as hurt as I do now. He groaned in pain but was soon replaced by an angry growl.  “What the hell?”

Onew lifted me up by my waist from behind and took me away from Jonghyun. I kicked my feet and wriggled my way out of his grasp, landing my feet on the carpet just a few feet from Jonghyun’s bed.

“I hate you.” I said.

His lips parted and his expression softened slightly, changing into a calmer and much sadder one and I could tell by the look in his eyes that those words left a mark on him. With tears flowing down my cheeks, I took a few steps back before turning and running towards the girls’ room completely ignoring Onew and Taemin’s calls for me and slammed the door shut.

I stood against the door and cried even more. It was too much and I couldn’t keep up with his constant mood changes. And the incidents that occurred last night which kept replaying in my head aren’t making things any easier for me.

When I looked up, I saw Luna standing a few feet in front of me, fidgeting with her fingers as she watched me cry. “W-what happened? I heard the screaming…”

“Well then you know exactly what happened,” I sobbed.

 Her arms circled me and pulled me closer, letting me cry on her shoulder as she continuously told me it would be okay even though we both knew it wouldn’t be. Not now at least. All the commotion had woken Aeri up. She shifted on the bed, groaning and forcing her eyes open.

“Ugh…What happened?” She said woozily.  

I wiped my tears away and pushed myself off Luna slowly. Then the both of us turned to Aeri and stood there for a moment, asking the same question in our heads. Would she remember?

With our help, she managed to sit up and slowly come to her senses. The sheets fell off as she did, covering only her thighs onward and exposing the rest of her body to us. Looking around at the two of us and at her half- self, she started mumbling. “What did we do last night and why do I have no clothes on?”

“You were wasted,” Luna said. “Minho helped to carry you into bed and we removed your clothes so you’d feel more comfortable.”

“What?” She cried. “Minho and the two of you removed my clothes?!”

We laughed, making her even more confused as she scratched her head and looked back and forth between the both of us.

“No silly,” I said. “We removed your clothes once he left.”

“Oh.”

“Were you having dirty thoughts about Minho stripping you?” Luna teased, poking her cheek and she smiled a bit almost embarrassed.

“Let’s not tell Minho about this,” She giggled before her tummy made a weird noise causing her to squeak in pain. “I need to puke again,” She said and jumped off the bed to run in the direction of the bathroom, kicking the door shut.

__________

 

“Let’s go,” Luna said, pulling both Aeri and I off the bed and out of our room. Out of the three of us, only Luna was all bubbly today; Aeri’s having a real bad hangover as expected and as for me, I lost my holiday mood after the fight with Jonghyun. He hadn’t talked to me since.

“Where are we going?” I whined.

“To eat,” She said happily. “We’re having brunch at the hotel restaurant. Onew already made reservations, let’s go!”

At the mention of food my tummy growled and only then did I realise I was hungry. I placed my hand over it as if it would block out the noise. But then there was another growl, one that didn’t quite seem like a normal one. It came from Aeri.

“Ugh,” She grumbled. “You hear that? I don’t think I can eat.”

“You have to,” Luna pushed her from behind. “How else are you going to get sober?”

I was hungry, yes. But then I remembered that the guys would be there too which meant Jonghyun would be there and…

“Can I not go? I’ll just order room service,” I said to Luna.

“Why?” She stopped in her tracks which made Aeri abruptly stop as well and trip a few steps to the front. “Is it Jonghyun?”

I nodded and bit my bottom lip. Just the thought of seeing him later makes me scared. I don’t know how he will react and will he even want to see me or are our feelings mutual and neither of us want to see each other. “I don’t really feel like seeing him right now.”

Before Luna or Aeri could even say anything to convince me, we heard the voices of the boys coming out from their room next door. Our door was slightly open and Aeri was holding on to the handle as she peeked out to greet them.

“Ready?” I heard Taemin’s voice.

“Yup,” She said unconvincingly and turned back to us. “Are we?”

Luna pleaded me to go with her puppy eyes, saying that she would be worried if I stayed here alone. From outside, Onew heard the commotion and decided to see why it was taking us so long.

“She doesn’t want to go,” Luna pouted.

“Is it because of Jonghyun?” Onew asked with a knowing look on his face. He smiled a bit when I nodded. “Don’t worry he’s not coming with. He’s not feeling well and he can’t get up; except to puke.”

“What? Is he okay now?” I asked worriedly.

He smiled teasingly as he swung and arm over me. “You still care about him. I knew you didn’t mean it when you said you hated him,”

Of course I still care about him. And I don’t hate him; I just said that in the heat of the moment. Even so, I don’t think I want to see him right now. But I do want him to feel better.

“He’s going to be fine don’t worry,” Onew said. “Now let’s go before I tell Jonghyun how worried you are about him.”

“I’m not.”

“If you say so…”

I followed him out and met the rest, following behind as we took the lift down. Taemin didn’t remember a single thing that happened in the car last night and Luna decided to use it to her advantage. She winked my way before squeezing her way to Taemin’s side and linking her arm with his. “You smell nice today baby,” She said, leaning on his arm.

Trying my best to maintain my facial expression, I pressed my lips together hoping I wouldn’t burst out laughing. Onew and Minho were also on to it, comprehending the situation. Taemin stood in his position for a moment, blinking his eyes continuously and staring at the top of Luna’s head. He glanced at Key who was also in shock and then back at Luna. “I’m sorry, what did you call me?”

“Baby,” She said innocently and looked at him. “Why? Didn’t you tell me to call you that?”

“I did?”

Just then the elevator landed at the lobby and its bell went off as the doors slowly opened. Luna nodded at him before skipping out of the lift. “What? I did?” He asked us, confused. We played along and nodded in response.

Once we caught up to Luna who was waiting for us at the entrance of the restaurant, Taemin asked her again. “Um, when exactly did I ask you to call me that?”

“Last night. Don’t you remember?”

He shook his head slowly and scrunched his eyebrows together.

“Well you said you liked me, and then you proposed to me. But there’s no ring yet you said you’d get it today. And then, you said we could get married when we get back to Korea!” She said happily. “I already told my family over the phone last night too,”

“You what?!” He yelled, placing his hands on his head.

Key was standing next to Taemin, speechless and staring with wide eyes while the rest of us watched in amusement. Except for Aeri. Since she passed out last night, I’m guessing by the look on her face that she thinks this is all true as well.

Minho patted Taemin on the back and gave him a hug. “Congrats Taemin,” He said with a convincing smile.

“Getting married before me, you’re so lucky.” Onew said, patting him on the head and ruffling his hair.

“What?” He asked again, trying to absorb everything that Luna told him.

“What’s wrong?” Luna asked, with a concerned look on her face. She can really act. Maybe she should get into the drama department instead. “Don’t you like me anymore? You don’t love me?”

He placed his hands up in defence and took a few steps back. “No no, I…I like you, I just—“

“Then why didn’t you tell me, you fool!” She yelled, punching him on the arm and dropping the prank. “All these years hiding it from me. Idiot.”

The rest of us watched with grins on our faces as Taemin slowly processed everything in his head and eventually blushed. He chuckled nervously and looked around at all of us. “So none of what you said, actually happened right?”

“Duh,” Onew said. “Now let’s eat. I’m hungry!”

Everyone else followed as Onew entered the restaurant including Taemin but he did so very slowly, as if he were still trying to process what had happened. I caught up and walked next to him, placing my hand on his back. “Still recovering from the shock?” I giggled.

“Yeah,” Taemin said. “Thought I’d have to call my parents today and tell them to get a wedding planner.”

I chuckled and so did he. “But you know,” I started. “You did expose your secret. She knows now.”

“Damn…” He sighed and dragged his hand over his face. “Knew I shouldn’t have had those last two drinks with Key,”

I giggled and shoved him playfully. “Well at least you know she feels the same,” I said.

“Wait, what? She does?”

Feigning ignorance, I shrugged and hopped along towards the table we were assigned. I took a seat in between Onew and Minho while Taemin sat between Luna and Aeri on the opposite side. From the large windows of the restaurant, I realised that it was drizzling outside. The palm trees were swaying with the wind and the soft sound of thunder booming was heard every now and then. And it made me wonder why there weren’t much people at the restaurant.

I’d rather be stuck indoors if it starts to pour, rather than outdoors where there’d be very few places to take shelter at.

“Here’s your menu,” The waiter arrived, handing us each a menu. “The chef’s special today is the Fried Spam Musubi. I’ll be back to take your orders in a while,” He said with a smile before walking off.

“Let’s see,” Minho said. “Shall we order the special and the pizza?”

“That’s more like lunch than brunch,” Key muttered, placing the menu down and resting his head on the table. “I’ll just have whatever.”

My tummy was grumbling and I couldn’t help but to think of Jonghyun. Whenever my tummy grumbled loud enough for him to hear, which it would always do to embarrass me, he would gasp and baby talk, pinching my cheeks and rubbing my tummy saying, “Jinhee-ah! Oh you poor thing, are you hungry?” before bringing me to eat at the nearest restaurant or café. He must be really hungry now too, having not eaten since last night.

The waiter came back soon after and greeted us once again with a smile and a small notepad and a pen in hand. “Are you ready to order?” 

Onew nodded and went on to tell him our orders. We got the Fried Spam Musubi, a large Hawaiian Pizza, and Barbequed Rib meal for Minho and Lobster Roll for me and Onew. Luna wanted only the pizza while the hungover ones couldn’t even bear to listen to the names of the food.

“Can I get a glass of wine?” Aeri asked the waiter.

“No!” Minho and Onew cried simultaneously. “Do you want a replay of last night or something? And that’s not going to help with your hangover,” Onew said. “Just get her some orange juice.” He told the waiter who then nodded and hurried along with our orders.

Aeri ran her hands through her hair, pushing it back. Even with messy hair she still looked amazingly gorgeous. I wonder how she does it. “Speaking of last night,” She said. “Can someone tell me what happened? All I remember is dancing with Key and drinking some more and…nothing else.”

“And then, we made love in the middle of the dance floor. It was amazing,” Key said.

“Yeah right, even when I’m drunk I know better than to get with you.” She muttered, throwing a crushed napkin at him.

“That hurt,” Key said, lifting his head and placing a hand to his heart.

“So will my fist up your if you don’t shut up.” Aeri snapped, to then which made Key roll his eyes and rest his head on the table once again. “So?” She looked at the three of us, expecting an answer.

“Okay well you got wasted and then you started dancing with some other guys,” I started. “And then when we were about to leave, I found you dancing on the bar top.”

“I was?” She raised her eyebrows. “That’s bad…I don’t think I was wearing underwear last night,”

“You weren’t?” Key and Minho asked at the same time.

I chuckled and reassured them that she was wearing underwear when we undressed her back at the hotel. She breathed a sigh of relief before scrunching her eyebrows at Minho. “Why are you looking at me like that? ert.”

“Please, don’t flatter yourself.” He replied.

The waiter then came back with our drinks and the Fried Spam Musubi that we ordered. Once he left, I continued explaining the situation last night to Aeri. She was focused onto every word I was saying, shaking her head in disbelief. “Oh my god,” She muttered. “And…and then what happened?”

“Jinhee saved you,” Onew said. “She caught up with the guy and managed to fight with him over you. You got loose from his grip and fell. Minho caught you,”

Her eyes flickered over to Minho for a second and then back to Onew. “So…he ran off?”

“He ran off with Jinhee.” Minho stated, making her eyes wide. Luna, Taemin and Key were paying attention to us as well since they weren’t at the scene when it happened.

“What?!” They cried. “He took you? He took you after I broke free from him?” Aeri asked, biting her bottom lip.

I nodded and shrugged. “You were unconscious by then and Minho left you to Minhyun while he and Onew ran after us. They managed to save me.” I said. “And security got the guy.”

“Thank god.” Aeri let out a sigh of relief and rested her head on her hands. “Thanks Jinhee, Onew, Minho. I shouldn’t have drank that much.”

“Where were we when all this happened?” Taemin asked.

“You guys decided to play limbo with the security,” Luna said, giving them glares. She had a hard time trying to persuade them that it wasn’t the right time to play limbo. Key and Taemin chuckled to themselves just at the thought of it.

The rest of the food came and we dug in, enjoying the taste of local food including the hungover ones who ate bits and pieces of everything.

“Wait,” Aeri started again. “Before, you said that Minho left me to Minhyun? Um?”

Being unconscious at the time, of course she couldn’t remember Minhyun and neither could Taemin or Key. Onew explained to them about how we met her. He found out that she stays at the hotel just next to ours which was the sister hotel to the one we were staying at and just like Hana, she stays here because of her parents. But unlike Hana, she actually gets to go back to Korea when and when she wants to.

“That’s cool,” Key said. “You should invite her over today. Maybe she’ll be a nice girl and actually want to be friends with nice Key unlike some brat.” He said, aiming his words at Aeri who rolled her eyes and ignored his comment.

“Already did!” Onew said almost too happily. “We’re not going anywhere today are we?”

“Don’t think we can with these drunkards,” Luna mumbled.

“Speaking of which,” Onew swallowed his food and took another look at the menu. “I need to get something for Jonghyun. Hmm how about the Hawaiian-style Hotdog?”

I shook my head in disagreement. He wouldn’t want that. “Get him the Tuna sandwich with corn chowder,” I said. Everyone else looked at me with a knowing smile on their face. “What?...I just think he’ll like that. Fine. Just get him anything, I don’t care anyway.”

“Sure you don’t,” Key giggled.

__________

 

“Let’s just give him a surprise and then we all go watch a movie.” Key said, tapping the tip of the pencil on the notebook in front of him.

“Yeah, we can go watch the new Die Hard movie!” Minhyun suggested, clapping her hands in excitement and Onew agreed, giving her a high five.

We were discussing about our plans for Taemin’s birthday which was in two days. Before this we had asked him to go down to the nearest supermarket to get us some food. He whined of course but after much persuasion he did go, thinking that he’d get to buy more of the things he likes.

“I think that’s cool,” I said.

“Yeah someone can distract him, while everyone else set up the place.” Luna said. “Where should we have it? Here?”

We all looked around and shrugged. I guess our room isn’t such a bad place for a birthday party. We just have to make it look like one.

“Quick, he’ll be back soon.” Aeri said. “So party will be here. Who’s going to be the distraction?”

“Why not Luna?” Jonghyun said. “He won’t complain if it’s you.” Luna blushed slightly and I nudged her teasingly from the side as she agreed. When I lifted my gaze, it met with Jonghyun who was sitting across from me and next to Key. He smiled a bit but I turned away just as he did.

“Okay, so planning done!” Key said, writing down the last bits of information in the notebook. “We can buy the things we need tomorrow. Now, we just relax and wait for Taemin to come back with our snacks.”

I could feel Jonghyun’s eyes on me and I tried my best to not look at him. Don’t think I’m going to let him off easy this time. He seems more awake now; more sober. I wonder if he’ll talk to me. Not that I’m expecting him to…just wondering.

Just as Taemin walked in with our snacks, Key hid the notebook and took the shopping bag from him. “I bought all my faves!” Taemin said excitedly.

Everyone was digging into the bags, looking for the things that they wanted. Then I heard Jonghyun clear his throat. My heart skipped, wondering if he would finally talk to me.

“That’s a nice dress Minhyun,” He said to her. I glanced over at Minhyun and watched as she thanked him. Was he flirting? Oh no you didn’t Kim Jonghyun. Luna turned to me and noticed my expression but I was too focused on Jonghyun.

Key’s arm suddenly went around Minhyun and blocked her from Jonghyun as he was in between the both of them. Thank you Key. “She’s my friend! Go back to your girlfriend, you manwhore.” Key cried.

“She was my friend first!” Onew yelled. “I bumped into her!”

“Well that’s nice,” Key muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Okay okay, I’m everyone’s friend. Now stop fighting,” Minhyun said, pushing Key off her before turning her attention back to Jonghyun. “Anyway, who’s Jonghyun’s girlfriend?” She asked.

 

He rolled his tongue in his cheek and looked down, taking just a short glance up at me before looking down again. Everyone else went quiet, observing us while eating their snacks as if it were a show.

“Oh, Jinhee?” She chirped. “You must be the guy she was dancing with last night. You two look cute together,” She remarked. I didn’t know if I should thank her so I kept my mouth shut, faking a smile.

“What?” She said, looking around. “Did I say something wrong?”

“No,” Key said. “They just fought so it’s kind of awkward for them now but it’s okay we’re all enjoying the show!”

Everyone else laughed as Key said that as if both Jonghyun and I couldn’t hear him. I giggled too, but still said nothing.

Luna changed the subject and distracted everyone from the previous topic. I thanked her mentally and went back to eating the chocolate bar I picked up from inside one of the bags. My mind couldn’t focus now; all I could think about was Jonghyun.

Maybe I needed some fresh air. I placed the chocolate bar away and proceeded to get up. Somehow, Jonghyun wasn’t there anymore. Guess he went back to the other room to rest. I told Luna that I was going outside before leaving.

At this time, almost everyone would be at the beach. The sky was already dark and torches around the area were lit up. I walked alone with my arms crossed, covering myself from the cool wind. Should’ve brought my cardigan along.

I sat on an empty spot on the soft sand and laid back, to look at the stars. There weren’t much and the sky looked weird tonight. Fresh air is good. I’m calmer now. And I’m not thinking of Jonghyun…well I just did but…nervermind.

I ended up napping for a while and woke up twenty minutes later, squinting my eyes and wondering where I was before the sky above, which were now filled with grey and mean looking clouds, and the soft sand I was on top of reminded me. I also got reminded of how hungry I was when my tummy started grumbling. The last actual meal I had was lunch.

So I decided to get up and get some food from the hotel lounge. There were more people now with kids running around the place. I must’ve woken up from the noise. As I turned around and brushed the sand of the back of my shorts and shirt, I found Jonghyun there, standing in front of me.

He smiled and bit his lip. I smiled back before walking past him without even saying a word. “Jinhee wait,” He called out just as I walked away. I stopped and waited for him to speak. His footsteps got closer and soon he was in front of me.

“I’m sorry,” He said.

I looked at him almost selfishly. “That’s it?” I asked coldly before walking away again but he stopped me by pulling on my arm. I heard the sound of thunder rumbling.

“I’m so sorry for everything,” He sighed. “What I said to you, what I did; everything. I didn’t mean any of it. I was drunk. Please, I’m sorry.”

“Jonghyun, not now. I can’t—“

“Please Jinhee,” He pleaded, eyes wide and watery.

Soft, small raindrops started dripping onto us and I tried to bring us under the shelter. “Let’s get insdie, it’s going to rain.”

“Not until you forgive me.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” I snapped. “Let’s just go back to the hotel first before we get drenched.”

The raindrops were getting heavier and he followed behind as we hurried back to the hotel. Just as we reached the main doors, he tugged on my hand and turned me around to face him. “Don’t do this to me Jinhee,”

I stared at him, not knowing what to do. The doorman standing nearby came up to us and asked me if he was bothering me. I guess it seemed like I was a victim here. “No, it’s okay,” I said.

“I’m her boyfriend.” Jonghyun suddenly said to the doorman who then smiled and walked back to his place.

“I can’t forgive you right now Jonghyun. I’m sorry,” I said. “You’ve hurt me so much the past few hours with just the littlest things that you’ve said which you knew would upset me.” Tears started down my face as I said those words. He stared at me apologetically.

“I didn’t know what I was saying Jinhee! I really didn’t,” He closed his eyes and bit his lip before breaking out into a cry asking for forgiveness, making everyone around us stare. “Jinhee please! I’m so sorry!” He yelled.

I tugged my hair behind my ear and tried to keep him quiet. “Stop,” I said. “Everyone’s staring.”

“Let them stare,” He said. “Let them see how much I’d go through to have you forgive me.” Drops of water were now rolling down his face. We weren’t under the rain anymore…was he, crying? I pulled him by the arm into the hotel and round a corner which led to the staff area where there was no one.

He continued sobbing and sniffing, using his sleeve to wipe away his own tears and not even looking at me once. It broke my heart seeing him this way.

“D-don’t cry,” I said softly.

“You don’t love me anymore,” He mumbled. “I’m so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.” He hit his head over and over again while saying that until I held his wrists to stop him. Yes, I’m angry and was wrong but he’s being too hard on himself.

“I…I just need time to forgive you,” I said, feeling a bit guilty.

“I found out what happened last night from Onew,” He shook his head. “I should’ve been the one saving you. I shouldn’t have gone for the shots. I shouldn’t have—“

“It’s okay,” I said.

“No, it’s not okay.” He sniffed. “I miss you. I shouldn’t have asked you to leave this morning. Do you know how I felt when you said you hated me? It was like having a thousand knives being stabbed into me. I felt horrible. I was sick and puking and what I wanted most, what I needed most was for you to be there with me, taking care of me and loving me. But instead I asked you to go…and stupidly said you were too emotional and overreacting. I-I just—“

“I forgive you.”

That was the sweetest thing he had ever said to me. It was all I needed, to reassure myself that he still loves me. And I love him.

“You what?” He asked doubtfully.  

I pulled him into a kiss, burying my hands into his hair and closing the gap between us. He kissed me back passionately and picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and pushing me against the wall.

“I’m so so sorry,” He whispered against my lips.

“You’re so stupid,” I replied and smiled against his lips. “I hate you.”

__________

 

When we went back to the room that night, everyone cheered as they saw us walking in hand in hand. I blushed slightly from the attention. Minhyun gave us two thumbs up saying, “I knew you’d get back together.”

Luna saw how red my eyes were and ran up to us. “You made her cry! What’s wrong with you?!” She yelled but raised an eyebrow as she saw how equally red and watery his eyes were as well. “Did you cry too?”

Minho laughed as Jonghyun wiped his eyes. “Looks like there are two girls in this relationship,” He snickered.

“Hey!” Jonghyun yelled. “Only real men cry,” He said in defence.

“Then you must be the realest man,” Minho chuckled.

“Whatever,” He rolled his eyes before turning his attention to me. “Sleep with me tonight okay? I promise I won’t kick you out tomorrow morning,”

He was so cute. I gave him a chaste kiss. “You’ll have to ask permission from Onew first,” I whispered.

“Onew hyung, can—“

“No.” He replied quickly. “Come back to our room now and leave the girls alone,”

He whined and hugged me, leaning his head on my shoulder. “Can I stay with you girls?” He asked.

I pulled him towards the bed where the rest of the girls were. “Sure,” I said. “If you can handle us that is.” I winked.

He gulped before looking at us in anticipation. “W-what do you girls usually do?”

“We have a stripping contest,” I whispered as the other girls giggled. “And then we dance .”

His mouth was wide open, looking at all of us. “And then,” Minhyun continued. “All of us,” He nodded as she crawled closer towards him. “Think of ways to get ourselves…away from erts like you!” She yelled and he fell backwards and off the bed. The four of us laughed, watching his reaction as he stood up and cleared his throat.

“Meanies,” He muttered before retreating back to the other room.

I jumped off the bed and shuffled over to him. “Kiss,” I said, puckering my lips out.

“That’s not going to do,” He said before aggressively pushing me against the door and kissing me passionately, ignoring the complaints we got from everyone else.

“Goodnight baby,” 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't kill me for the late update XD I kept dozing off every night after I think of something to write. But wow this is super long I think it's a new record - 16 pages on Word and 6000+ words gosh..or maybe not lol previous chp was longer :p
Nothing much to say about this chapter though it pretty much speaks for itself ^^ 

And SHINee's making a comeback guys! Woohoo! 9 more days till Dream Girl! And have you guys seen their new show "Wonderful Day"? It's awesome asjkfhbfd I love them so much. Anyway, valentine's day is coming so um happy valentine's from author-nim :D I'll be spending it with Jonghyun ^^ LOL right...Have fun reading!