Surprise! (Part 1/2)

Let Me Be With You

“Goodluck.” Key said as he made his way across the room to leave. “Who knew an innocent girl could turn my Jjongie into such a .” He mumbled as he left the room.

“I HEARD THAT!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

D-5

(Saturday)

“Hello Jinhee. I just wanted to tell you that I’ve come to like you and I—ugh!”

I sound stupid! I’m practising my confession in front of the mirror. It’s not working! How does a guy confess?!

I’ll google it. How .. to .. confess .. to .. a girl …

Confessing to a girl crush: A cute way is to pass a note to her saying " I had a dream about you." This will make you sound sweet and mysterious.”

It’ll just make me sound like a erted freak in my case. I’ve have had a dream about her once though. We were at the beach and she was wearing this white bikini and then she came over to me and uh … yeah this isn’t gonna work. Next!

Practice what you are going to say before you approach the girl. Don't do it too much or you may sound like a robot.”

Too late.

”Be confident, be assertive, and control your nerves and patience.”

Yeah not gonna happen. There’s only one other option. I picked up my phone and pressed the first number on speed dial.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Yeoboseyo? Noona~~~~”

__________

 

D-4

(Sunday)

“Jinhee!” The door of the coffeehouse flung open and in stormed Jonghyun. Luna looked up from the table she was clearing. “Jonghyun oppa? She’s not here.”

He walked over to the table Luna was clearing and took a seat. He let out a sigh and waited for a response from her. Luna looked at him for a moment and smiled before carrying the tray of used dishes away. “Tsk.”

Jonghyun knew one of the fastest ways to get to Jinhee was through Luna. He followed her and leaned against the counter. This time, he sighed even louder. “Can I help you?” Luna said. “Finally. Yes. Where’s Jinhee?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “Come on Luna, help me out here.”

“I’m sorry oppa but I really don’t know.” She couldn’t look him in the eye, knowing that if she did, the truth might just slip out.

“Luna.”

“What?”

“Why aren’t you looking at me?” He looked at her suspiciously. Her back was facing him. “No reason.”

“Luna – “

“WHAT?! I DON’T KNOW OKAY. I’M NOT LYING!” She snapped. He blinked a couple of times before saying, “I was only going to order a drink.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

__________

 

D-3

(Monday)

It’s been 3 days since I last talked to Jonghyun. I kind of miss him. Haven’t seen him today yet.

Oh wait, I spoke too soon. Yup I see him, standing against my locker, scanning the crowd of students in the hallway. “Taemin, eoteokke?”

“What? You’re only worried now? You did fine the other day.” He said. He’s right. I can keep up with the silent treatment.

We walked to our lockers and he jumped as soon as he saw us. “Hi!” He waved.

“Hey hyung. Why are you standing here?”

“Oh I uh, I just wanted to see you guys.” He turned his attention to me. “Hi Jinhee. It’s been a while … hi.”

How cute! But no, I have to keep this up in order for the plan to go smoothly. I looked at him, and then looked behind him. He turned and then stepped to the side, realising he was standing in my way. “Right, your locker. Sorry.”

I grabbed my books, closed my locker and smiled at him before walking to class.

“Wait!” He grabbed my wrist. I looked at Taemin hoping he would help me. He pulled Jonghyun’s hand away and pretended that there was something on Jonghyun’s face.

“Where?” Taemin kept pointing in different areas on Jonghyun’s face which made Jonghyun annoyed. I had to hold back my laughter because it was just too funny.

I walked off before he could get away from Taemin. But he noticed. “Wait Jinhee!”

Taemin hugged Jonghyun and stopped him from going after me. “No hyung! Stay!”

“JINHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

I could hear him yell even from class. I finally let out the laughter I’d been holding in.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

“JINHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Sheesh everyone’s staring.

“Hyung.”

“Huh?”

“What’s with the dramatic slow motion name yelling? Everyone’s staring now.”

“Oh. Well maybe if you stop hugging me …”

Oh right.

 

JINHEE’S POV

I went back to my locker halfway through class. I stupidly left my textbook in there. I didn’t know Jonghyun was still there, waiting.

“I … I have something to tell you.” He’s so serious it’s a little uncomfortable now. He looked around and sighed. “But not here. Can we meet later?”

I looked away because the longer I looked at him; the more I wanted to say yes.

“Um, how about tomorrow then?”

 He looks so sad.

“O-okay well think about it first. Tell me when you’re free and then we can meet alright?”

He let me go and gave me a faint smile before walking off. I feel so bad. I went back to class and buried my head in my hands on the table.

“Taemin I can’t do this anymore. He looked so sad.” He patted the back of my head and ruffled my hair. “Come on Jinhee. Just a few more days! Do you want the plan to fail?”

Sigh.

__________

 

D-2

(Tuesday)

To: Jinhee ^^

I’ll wait for you after school. Next to the fountain. I hope you come :)

There. I’ve sent the text! I really hope she comes. Noona said that I should tell her soon unless I want to lose her to someone else.

I went to find Key. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him either. Come to think of it … I’ve been alone these past few days. Sheesh why are all of my friends acting this way.

I reached his classroom and looked through the small window on the door. He was still having lessons. Um, this window is a bit too high for me. I think I forgot to wear my insoles today. Shh don’t tell anyone that!

Key noticed me and gave me a disapproving face. Ouch. I came all this way. I waved cutely and smiled. He smirked and turned his attention back to the lesson.

“Kibum~” He came out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. “What do you want?” Ouch, again.

“I came to see you. Where have you been? I feel so alone …” I pouted. He scoffed. I could see him hiding his smile. “I’ve been around. Don’t you have a lot of girlfriends? Go hang out with them.”

“No I don’t! Not anymore … I only have one now. And she’s not even talking to me.”

“You mean Jinhee?”

Who else? I nodded. “I asked her to meet me today. I don’t know if she will.”

“Today? After school?”

“Yup.”

“Hmm. I have a feeling she won’t.” Thanks Key.

“Why?! Do you know something that I don’t?!” He nodded. “I know a lot of things that you don’t. Okay, see you around Jjong. Bye!”

“Where are you going?!” Why is he leaving meeeee. “To meet someone.”

“Who?!” Does he have a date oh my god. “A girl. Bye.”

Hmph. He waved and walked to find his “date”. I turned and bumped into someone by accident. Oh. It’s Minho.

“Oh, it’s you. Sorry.” I said. “It’s okay. Bye.” He left walking in the same direction as Key.

“Hey wait!” He turned . “Yeah?”

“Are you um … Have you talked to Jinhee recently?”

“Maybe. Why do you wanna know?” Sigh. So she’s talking to him but not me. She must really hate me.

“Nothing. Bye.”

 

Time to go meet Jinhee now! If she shows up that is. I sat by the fountain and hummed as I waited. I hope she comes.

 

__________

 

NORMAL POV

Jinhee stood behind the door separating her from the back of the school, where she could see Jonghyun sitting by the fountain. She sighed and refrained herself from stepping out.

“Can’t make up your mind?” A voice came from behind her. She knew that voice well enough to know it was Key.

“He said he had something to tell me.” She replied. “So are you going or not?”

“I don’t know …”

“How long have you been standing here watching him?”

“About half an hour or so … I feel so guilty. Look, he’s still there waiting for me.” Jinhee sighed again and banged her head on the door.

“If you want to go, just go.” Key said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She peeked at Jonghyun. He was still sitting there, looking at his watch every few minutes.

“He looks so sad … “ She mumbled. “It’s okay. Let’s go.”

Jinhee walked away from the door. “Are you sure?” Key asked before following her. She nodded.

 

__________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Looks like she’s not coming. Key was right. Guess I’ll just go back home.

I dragged my feet back into school and towards the carpark. Then, I saw something. Key. And Jinhee. Together. Like next to each other.

What are they doing? Did Key betray me?

Hmm. I’ll follow them. They went into a classroom and I crouched down next to the door which was not closed all the way. I listened to their conversation through the opening.

“So which flavour?” Jinhee asked. “How about chocolate?”

“Hm. Strawberry!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure.”

What are they talking about? Flavours? Flavours of what? A ? Hah. K. Sorry.

“What about banana? I loooove banana!” Jinhee said. She likes bananas? Keke that sounded so hot.

“Seriously?” I heard Key scoff. “Fine then we’ll just get one of each. Happy?”

“Yes!”

Hmm. No idea what they’re talking about. One of each flavour? Hmm.

__________

 

D-1

(Wednesday)

I’m so excited! Our plan is going smoothly and tomorrow will be the day! Hehehehehe.

Okay that sounded a bit creepy.

We’re making cupcakes today! Onew got us help from the kitchen staff and some students from the food department allowed us to use their kitchen.

“Hey Jinhee, what’s Luna’s favourite colour?” Taemin asked me. “You like her and you don’t even know?”

“Aw come on Jinhee.”

“It’s purple. Just like mine.”

“Oh, cool. I’m gonna use purple icing then.”

“But they aren’t for Luna.”

“So? If they’re purple maybe she’ll like them more cause it’s her fave colour.”

How cute! “Awwwwwwwww~”

“Shup up.”

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

What are they making? Uh, cupcakes? Yeah I followed these two. I had to know what was going on. Maybe whatever Key and Jinhee were discussing yesterday was about cupcakes?

Oh shoot I think they’re leaving. Still crouched, I ran softly out and hid behind the door.

“Key should be here anytime now. So I’ll go first alright?” Jinhee said. So she’s going off alone. This may be my chance.

“Okay. You’re going off to meet Minho hyung right?”

What?!

“Yup. See you later!”

She walked out apparently bumped into Key outside. “Oh hey! I was just leaving.”

“I can see that. Anyway, I’ve got it settled.”

“You got the key?!”

“Yup! Told you I could do it.”

She squealed and jumped around. So cute. But what key are they talking about?

“Thanks Key. Hehe Key got the key.” She giggled. Can she get any cuter?!

“Very funny. And Luna already got the room done.”

“She did? That was fast.”

“So basically everything’s already settled for you and Minho.”

“Yay! I’m gonna go meet him now. See you guys tomorrow!” She walked off with quick steps.

A key? A room? Everything’s already settled for Jinhee and Minho? What the hell is going on?! I waited till Key went into the room before I sneaked out and went after Jinhee. She went to the carpark and met Minho there.

“Hey. Here, the flowers I got.” Minho handed her a bouquet with mixed flowers. Flowers. Why didn’t I think of that!

“Wow, they’re so pretty! Thanks oppa.”

“No problem.”

“Key told me that everything’s already settled for us.”

“Really? That’s great! Makes it easier for us.”

“Yup. Are you going home now?”

“No I still have some stuff to collect and then I’ve to bring them over to the apartment. But I could drop you off on the way.”

“Okay. Thanks!”

I have no idea what’s going on. The key to a room or apartment? Cupcakes? Flowers for Jinhee? Everything settled for Jinhee and Minho?

ARE THEY MOVING IN TOGETHER?!

__________

 

Hmm, How to Confess Your Love to Someone: 5 steps. Only 5 steps? I can do that. Let’s see …

  1. Be sure that the one you want to confess to is truly the right person for you, not just some random person that has good looks you saw on the street!

I’m pretty sure Jinhee is the right person for me. I can feel it.

  2. Find a good place to confess. A quiet place with just the two of you, if possible, would be a great example.

A quiet place, just the two of us … I have somewhere in mind.

  3. Ask him/her if you two can meet at the area you want to tell your feelings.

Well not gonna happen if she’s still not talking to me. I’m gonna have to work this step out.

  4. Be prepared for everything! Once you two meet, there is no turning back!

N-No turning back?

  5. Find a reasonable day to tell him/her. A romantic day would be Valentine's Day, or if you want it to be rainy or snowing, fall and winter would be great!

A reasonable day … tomorrow is a reasonable day. 

This is the last time I will ask Jinhee to meet me. If she doesn’t reply, I’ll take it as I’ve been rejected. I don’t want to give her up but, it just seems like she’s chosen Minho over me.

To: Jinhee

Hi … Can we meet tomorrow? I have something important to tell you. Please reply. If you don’t reply, I’ll just assume it’s a no.

 

It’s been an hour. No reply.

Goodnight.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The chapter got too long so I separated it into 2 parts, enjoy! :) And I'm sorry I didn't update last week. AFF was under maintainence and it wasn't functioning properly for me. (And this isn't Rated! Obviously. LOL just in case the chapter shows as (M) for some of you cause I accidentally clicked that option)