Nan Neoui Boyfriend.

Let Me Be With You

 

“I didn’t mean to kiss you!” He gasped and covered his mouth. “I mean, it wasn’t a kiss! But, I fell and my lips…yours…we…bye!”

And with that, he ran off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“What have you been up to?” His voice filled the car and interrupted me from my thoughts. I turned away from the window, where my head was rested on as I watched everything we drove past, and glanced in his direction.

It was already dark out and I could barely make out his face if it weren’t for the street lights shining onto him every few seconds. Even then, he still looked handsome.

“Nothing much,” I shrugged. “You?”

A smile crept across his face. “I’ve been busy,” He replied, still smiling. Busy? I wrinkled my brows together and stared longer. A chuckle escaped from him as he took a quick glance at me before turning his attention back onto the road. His hand slid over mine without me realising. “Busy missing you too much.”

I felt my cheeks burn. Of course he would say something like that; he knew how to charm his way to my heart. I interlaced our fingers together and leaned in to give him a kiss.

As my lips landed on his cheek, thoughts about what Key and everyone else had said the day after our ‘break-up’ ran through my mind. I’ve thought about how I could be more open with Jonghyun and after the talk with Luna, I guess I could give this skinship thing a try.

Even though this whole misunderstanding had nothing to do with the lack of skinship between us, I still want to give it a try; most importantly I want to give us a try.

The car came to a stop in front of my old, small house. This feels weird. He’s never sent me home by the front; we’d always go by the back where I’d climb up my window.

I stared at my front door for a moment. When was the last time I even walked up to it with Jonghyun by my side? Hehe.

The door on my side clicked open, snapping me out of my thoughts and a hand appeared before me, awaiting my own.

“Thanks,” I said as I stepped out and closed the door behind me.

“You’ve been really quiet tonight,” Our hands were interlaced and swinging back and forth. “Talk more, I miss your voice.”

I giggled. “I’ve just been thinking,”

“About what?”

“Us?” My tone was questioning, as if I myself wasn’t sure of it.

His grip on my hand got tighter and a playful smirk appeared on his face. “What about us?” We were already walking up the steps to my front door and he brought his hands up to my waist, pulling me closer.

Our faces were only inches apart and my brother could very well open the door right now and catch us, but I don’t care.

I stood on my toes and leaned in, locking our lips together. Our lips melted in each other’s and moved at their own pace. His hands were still on my waist, his grip slightly tighter, and my arms had already found their way around his neck.

Butterflies fluttered in my tummy when I felt his tongue grazing over my bottom lip; he was seeking entrance. I wasn’t scared; in fact, I was excited. But can I do it? What if I do it wrongly?

My insides were screaming at me. Just do it!

I separated my lips slightly, just enough for the tip of his tongue to slip in. He smirked. I knew he enjoyed this kind of teasing. His tongue flicked over to my upper lip, tickling it and making me squirm.

He pulled his tongue back and melted our lips together once again, in a playful kiss.

Unfortunately, our kissing session didn’t last for long. I heard footsteps from the other side of the door approaching us and before long, the door swung open and the light from inside momentarily blinded us.

“Just what do you think you two are doing?!”

That voice…”Taemin?” I snapped my attention to the door where he was in fact standing with his arms crossed.

“Where have the two of you been?” He yelled. Jonghyun and I looked at each other and then back at him. He pointed towards the living room. “Both of you inside. Now.”

“Ookay..” Jonghyun muttered.

We left our shoes by the door and walked to the living room with Taemin right behind us. I have no idea what’s going on.

My brother was on the couch, munching on some chips. We took a seat on the couch adjacent to his. “Hey you’re home,” He mumbled without even looking in our direction.

“What’s going on?” I asked, nodding my head in the direction where Taemin was.

“I don’t know either. He came over and started blabbing about stuff which I didn’t bother listening to.” He finally moved his gaze from the television and over to us, on the next couch. His furrowed his brows together and pointed to Jonghyun. “What’s he doing here?! Didn’t you go on a date with my brother-in-law?!”

“Long story,” I chuckled. “But we’re back together.” I hugged Jonghyun’s arm and we kissed, even if we were right in front of my brother.

He rubbed his temples and sighed. “I’m getting a migraine just looking at him.”

“Don’t be a baby, poophead.”

Before he could even reply, Taemin plopped down next to him. “Can we now focus on the more important situation at hand?”

“Like?” Jonghyun asked.

“Like how I tripped and fell and landed on Luna and my lips were on hers so technically we kissed so I panicked and I ran off and she was so shocked I could see it in her eyes she was freaked out and I don’t know what to do,” He said that all too quickly and I could barely make out what he was saying, but I got the big picture. He kissed her.

Taemin kissed Luna.

He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Help.”

__________

 

“Did she respond to the kiss?”

“No,” Taemin pouted and punched one of my pillows out of frustration. “She just stood there with her big eyes staring at me.”

All of us were propped up on my bed, with Taemin in one corner and Jonghyun and me in another. I was sitting on his lap with his arms wrapped around me, keeping me comfy.

“Maybe she just didn’t know how to react,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. Of course she didn’t, she doesn’t even know about his crush on her.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun agreed, nodding his head above me. “But you shouldn’t have run off…

“I was scared okay!”

“Well, you’re going to have to face her on Monday.” I said. He sighed into his hands and ruffled his pretty hair. His eyes were slightly bloodshot; I guess he was stressed over this accidental kiss. The familiar sound of his ringtone suddenly filled the room as he reached into his back pocket, taking out his phone.

I snuggled up closer into Jonghyun, burying half my face into his arm as I watched Taemin talk to the other person on the line.

I wonder if Taemin actually ‘tripped’ on purpose.

“Okay…” He mumbled the last words into his phone before ending the call. His lips were pressed together and he looked really worn out. “My brother’s going to reach in a few minutes. I’ll get going now.”

I nodded and got up from my position to hug him. “Don’t worry, she probably liked it.” I said, rubbing his back.

A slight hint of blush showed on his cheeks which he tried to hide by covering them with his hands. “See you guys.” He said as he left my room, smiling his way out.

“You should get going too,” I pointed out to Jonghyun. “It’s getting late.”

He shook his head and patted the space next to him on my bed. “Come cuddle with me.”

I stood by the edge of my bed and stared at him, then at the door, and back at him. “But what if my brother—“

“Who cares.” He got up slightly and reached out to me, pulling me towards him. He lay down on my bed, and tugged me along, making me lie down in front of him, face to face and body to body.

A hand tucked a few stray hairs behind my ear and traced down my cheek. “You know, you look so pretty today.”

“I know,” I smiled up at him. “Minho already told me that.”

He frowned and placed a finger to my lips. I tried to hold back a chuckle, knowing he would react this way. “No talking if Minho’s name is included in your sentence.” I nodded and kissed his finger slightly, teasing him with my soft lips.

“Stop with the teasing already,” He breathed. “Just kiss me.”

I brought my hands to the back of his head and pulled his face closer to mine. We kissed again. But this time, he was taking control over the teasing; at biting my bottom lip. I tried my best to keep myself from producing noises, which my brother’s sharp ears would certainly catch.

Jonghyun’s hand was travelling from my waist to my thigh, caressing it over my dress. I almost couldn’t handle it; the kissing, his hand on me, our body contact and this feeling rushing through me.

The feeling must’ve hypnotised my senses because the next thing I knew, I heard footsteps making their way towards my room. I knew it was too late to react when the footsteps stopped. And it stopped right in front of my room.

“What in the world in going on in here?!” My brother screamed, his eyes wide and nostrils flaring. It would be a funny sight if not for the position we were in.

“I think you should run.” I whispered to Jonghyun.

He nodded, staring at my brother. “I think so too.” He gave me another long kiss, on my lower lip before jumping off my bed and aiming for the window.

“You little—come back here!”

Jonghyun was too quick for my brother. He was already out the window and halfway down the ladder. My brother looked down at him from the window and yelled, pointing a finger at him. “You won’t be so lucky next time!”

I sighed and continued lying down on my bed with my eyes closed, too tired to deal with my brother. My phone vibrated a few seconds later, startling me. I could feel my brother’s stare on me as I read the text.

Jonghyun: I’ll pick you up at 1 tomorrow :)

Hmm. I guess I have a date!

“Wipe that smile off your face, Jinhee.” My brother muttered, making his way across my room.

“I’ll buy you cupcakes okay oppa?”

It took a few minutes and he was already in his room but I heard him loud and clear. “I like chocolate ones!”

__________

 

I had my denim shorts on with a white printed tee and a belt to go along with it. It was getting warmer out and wearing anything black would be suicide. The dark blue high tops which I had bought some time ago were finally taken out from my closet and ready for use.

We’re having a picnic today. Just the two of us. I was kind of excited. We’ve never gone on this kind of date before. It was always restaurants or movie dates.

I sprayed on some Estée Lauder perfume, drowning myself in the smell, making sure it would last for the whole day and put on my favourite strawberry-flavoured lip gloss.

Slipped my phone into my pocket and with my wallet in one hand, I skipped out of my room and down the stairs. The only noise was coming from the kitchen where my beloved brother was.

“Hey,” I greeted him. He was making something on the stove –not sure what but doesn’t look edible. “I’m going out today.”

“Be back by midnight.” He muttered. Wow that doesn’t sound like what he’d usually say. Hmm, maybe he’s warming up to Jonghyun.

“Okay…” It’s not something he would say but hey, why question him when he gives me permission to go on a date with Jonghyun. I my heel and headed outside, where Jonghyun was already waiting for me in his car.

Once he saw me, the door to the driver’s seat opened and he stepped out to open the door for me. He was dressed casually; skinny jeans with a printed tee on top.

“Hey, we match.” I pointed out our similarly chosen outfits. It almost seemed as if we planned to look like a couple.

“What can I say,” A kiss landed on my lips. “We’re fated.”

I giggled and rolled my eyes. Cheesy as always.

 

“So where are we going today?” I asked, breaking the silence in the car. It was getting unbearable. He’s acting weird today since he’s the one that usually starts the conversation.

“You’ll see,” He broke out into a smile and looked over his shoulder to the back seat where there was a cute basket that you’d normally see people carry along for picnics. “I’ve packed the food for us.”

 “You could’ve told me sooner…” I pouted. “I would’ve helped to prepare some food for us as well.”

He chuckled and shook his head. “It’s fine. Besides, it was my mummy who made all the food.”

“Momma’s boy.” I pinched his cheek and I could’ve sworn he was blushing.

We came to a stop after about half an hour; I even managed to take a short nap in the car. Jonghyun brought the picnic basket along with it as he exited and locked the car. He looked so cute carrying it.

“Wow…”

I blinked a few times to make sure I was seeing things right. We were on top of a cliff. There was no one else here, only us.

The edge of the cliff, which was accompanied by a magnificent view of our town, was only a few metres away from us. Green grass filled the area before us, with a big tree offering shade from the sun.

Jonghyun was already laying a mat under the tree. I walked over to him and helped with the food.

There was sushi, egg rolls, kimchi, bulgogi, cake and some more mouth-watering food.

“Oh my gosh, so much food!”

Jonghyun laughed and passed me a pair of chopsticks. “Eat up, before it gets cold.”

__________

 

I traced his features with the tip of my finger, admiring his handsome face. He lay on my lap as I sat crossed-legged, facing the scenery of the town. His eyes were closed and none of us said a word. It was nice and peaceful.

It caught me by surprise when his hand unexpectedly grabbed my own, stopping me from touching his face. I frowned. “What’s wrong?”

His eyelids fluttered open and I smiled when his lovely brown eyes looked up into mine. My hair was swept to the side and it was hanging over my shoulder, the ends touching the tip of Jonghyun’s head. He continued his stare, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

“What?” I asked again.

He slowly got up from my lap and propped up onto his hands, our faces just inches apart. “Yesterday,”

I nodded, gesturing him to go on.

“Yesterday you said you were thinking about us. Well, what about us?” Eyes full of curiosity and face full of anticipation; he searched my expression for the answer.

 I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked down. “Just us in general.”

A finger lifted my head up to face him again. “Is there something you’re not telling me?” He narrowed his eyes at me. I blushed just at the thought; how could I bring up the fact I’ve been thinking about being more open with him?

“If I kiss you, will you tell me?”

I laughed and got on my feet, walking closer to the edge of the cliff, where there was a short wooden hurdle no taller than my waist. I could hear grass scrunching which only means he was walking towards me.

His hands placed on either side of my waist and his head rested on my shoulder. “It’s okay, tell me when you’re ready.” He kissed my hair.  

We were silent again for a few minutes until I felt him fidget behind me and talking a big sigh. “Jinhee,” He spoke with a serious yet nervous voice. I turned around to face him fully and tilted my heard to the side, smiling at him.

“Yes?”

“I’ve been doing some thinking,” He gulped. “And I think this is the right time,”

I think I know what he’s going to ask next. My heart raced a million beats per minute and my throat felt dry. He bit his bottom lip, his gaze met mine and they seemed almost as nervous as mine was.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

He slipped his hand into his front pocket and took out a shiny silver necklace which had the letters ‘JH’ hanging on it. My lips parted in shock from both the question and the necklace.

“Yes.” My voice was barely audible but the look on his face indicated that he heard me. He was grinning from ear to ear and so was I. I’m his girlfriend now, why wouldn't I be happy?

I turned around and lifted my hair so he could put the necklace on for me. I stared at the necklace on my neck; it was so pretty.

“I chose ‘JH’ because if you haven’t noticed, both our initials are JH.” He chuckled and gave me a chaste kiss. I looked at him adoringly and pulled him into a longer, much more passionate one.

He on my bottom lip and his tongue was grazing over my lip just like last night. I knew he was expecting me to give him entrance this time; and I was scared.

I pulled away instead, leaving him confused. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing,” I stuttered. “I just wanted to stop.” He could see right through me, I just know it. I mean, why would anyone ‘want to stop’ while kissing him.

He narrowed his eyes just like before. “Are you nervous?”

“What would I be nervous about?” I pushed him off and walked away, towards his car. We were on a cliff; there was nowhere else I could go.

He tugged on my arm and made me face him. “If you’re not nervous, then can I get a kiss?”

“Sure.” I gave him a peck on the lips and attempted another escape but failed as he gripped tighter.

“No. A French kiss.”

I gulped. A playful smirk was evident on his face which made me even more nervous. I pulled my hand away harder but he was just too strong. “Let me go!”

“Why won’t you just kiss me?!”

“Because I don’t know how to!” Oops. I gasped and covered my mouth with my free hand. The smirk on his face grew wider till he started laughing. I blushed real hard. Damn it.

“You don’t know how to?” He pulled me in and shoved me slowly towards the big tree until my back was against its bark. “Then I’ll teach you.”

 

He started slow; our lips moving at a steady pace before his tongue poked my lips once again, asking for entrance. This time, I let him in.

 Our tongues met and twirled together, his tongue obviously having dominance over mine. It felt weird but good. Exhilarating.

He pulled away and stared into my eyes. “How was that?”

I feigned satisfaction and shrugged my shoulders. “It was alright…I guess…”

“Oh really…” His words were slurred as he started to kiss my neck, locating my ticklish spots and making me writhe under him.  

“Just kidding,” I breathed. With the way he was kissing me, my breath got caught in my throat. “It was great.”

“Good.”

“Now let me go, please?” I pouted and tilted my head to the side.

But the look on his face told me he wasn’t falling for it. He pinned my arms above my head and pushed his body harder against mine. I gasped at the contact.

“You’re not going anywhere baby.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi. Hehe realllly sorry for the late update! And there isn't even much content in this chapter but it's so freakin long! D: But yay! Jonghee ^^ The ending was fun to write LOL

Anw, I'll continue with Taena in the next one :DDD They are so cute right? I know :p Thanks for the comments and thanks for reading guys <333 

And idk if this is supposed to be rated? D: 

5/10 Favorite Gifs Of Jonghyun requested by: Anon