Banana Cake

Let Me Be With You

“Yeoboseyo?” His deep voice answered after a few rings.

“Hi, Minho oppa. It’s Jinhee. I was thinking … how about that chance?” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I leaned on my locker as I scanned the hallway full of people for the person I was waiting for.

“So you’re going out with Minho hyung today, just because yesterday, we saw Jonghyun hyung with another girl and Jieun?” Taemin asked, stuffing his locker with books.

“Nooooo. I just think I should give him a chance.” He looked at me, confused. ”I feel bad. Especially after what you said yesterday.”

“You know I was kidding right.” I nodded. “I know. But it made sense.”

“Okay well, have fun then. See you tomorrow okay?”

“Okay. Thanks Taem.” We bumped fists before he went off.

The hallway was packed with students; some leaving school while some rush for their next class. Class ended early for me today, which is good since I have a date! With Minho. He sounded more than pleased when I told him I’d give him a chance yesterday over the phone.

Fifteen minutes went by and he still hadn’t shown up. I checked my phone and realized that I had gotten a text from him.

Minho: Jinhee, I’m sorry my soccer training is going to overrun. I’ll be there in a while.

I should go and wait for him at the soccer field instead. I made my way there and found an empty space on the side bleachers. I could see him from here. There was just something that distinct him from the other players.

“Jinhee?” I turned and found Key leaning over. “Oh hello!” I greeted him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. “I have something to pass to Minho. What about you?”

“Oh I’m waiting for Minho too.” I replied. He looked puzzled. “Why?”

“We’re going to hang out.” He shook his head as if he didn’t understand. “Why?”

“Because he likes me, remember? So I’m giving him a chance.”

“But what about Jonghyun?” You just had to mention him. “What about him?”

He raised an eyebrow and then turned his attention back to the field. Someone which appeared to be the coach blew his whistle and the boys came jogging to where their bags were placed, in front of the bleachers.

Minho looked towards the bleachers and at the both of us. I waved. He waved back and said goodbye to his friends before coming over to us.

“Hi.” I said.

“Hi.”

“Oh wow interesting conversation guys.” Key scoffed. “Here Minho. These are the project guidelines. I’ve already noted down what you have to do. Just email me your part by next week.” He said passing a piece of paper to Minho.

“Okay. Thanks Kibum.”

“Well I guess I’ll leave you two now. Have fun~” He patted my head before leaving.

“Sorry I made you wait.” Minho said, taking a seat next to me. “It’s okay. Aren’t you tired though? We could always go out another day. “

He smiled at me before answering. “I don’t feel tired when I’m with you.”

Oh how sweet ~~

“But I’m all sticky and sweaty. You don’t mind?” I shook my head. “You can take a shower first if you want to, I can wai—“

“No. You’ve waited enough. Shall we?”

 

NORMAL POV

It was surprising to Jinhee how she felt much more comfortable with Minho than before. She was enjoying herself even just talking over lunch.

Although Minho was happy that he was finally given the chance to be with Jinhee, he still wondered why she had decided on it so suddenly.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked. She nodded while taking a sip of her drink. “Why did you suddenly decide to give me this chance?”

“I just thought that it was the right thing to do, giving you a chance. Don’t you think so?” She giggled.

“You’re not doing this because you feel sorry for me right? Or because your brother asked you to?” She thought about it for a while. Am I? Am I doing this because I feel sorry for him?

“Hello? Jinhee?” He waved a hand in front of her face. “Oh sorry …”

“I don’t want you to think you have to give me a chance. I want you to want to give me a chance.”

She heaved out a sigh and jumped in front of him. “Don’t worry. I’m doing this because I want to. And just so you know, I’m enjoying myself.”

He smiled. Probably the happiest smile Jinhee had ever seen him smile. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her to his car.

__________

 

“Minho! Nice to see you again. I see Jinhee has finally realised what’s good for her.” Wooyoung said as Jinhee entered the house and Minho stood by the door.

Jinhee rolled her eyes and made a face at Minho with her back facing Wooyoung. Minho chuckled. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye. Bye hyung.”

Jinhee closed the door as Minho drove off and went up to her room. “Aren’t you glad I—“She cut her brother off.

“I. AM. NOT. TALKING. TO. YOU. GOOD. BYE.”

“Girls …”

__________

 

Jonghyun: Where were you today? I didn’t get to see you at all ):

Jinhee: Sorry oppa. I went out after school. Why were you looking for me? Is there something wrong? ^^

Jonghyun: You went out? With who?

Jinhee: With Minho oppa. Why?

Jonghyun: With Minho?

Jinhee: Yes. Why?

__________

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Ugh I’ve been spending too much time with Jieun or um IU, that Jinhee’s started hanging out with Minho. It’s not like I want to hang out with IU but she treats me so nicely! She actually reminds me of Jinhee. Just a bit. But she’s kind of creepy in her own way. I think she likes me. It’s hard to say no to her. I’d rather hang out with Jinhee though. She’s way better.

I miss her.

__________

 

JINHEE’S POV

Luna keeps looking at me weirdly after she found out I went out with Minho yesterday. Yeah I didn’t tell her until this morning. Hehe.

We were having gym class but it was free games so Luna and I decided to just sit around.

“So how was it? Boring right? Minho is boring.” She said.

“Hey! That’s not nice. It was okay, I enjoyed myself.” She scoffed. “Don’t lie.”

“I’m not lying, Luna! What are you so angry for?”

“Sorry … but why didn’t you tell me?! And you told Taemin?!” She pouted.

“Sorry about that. I thought it wasn’t really a big of a deal.”

She stopped and placed her hands on my shoulders. “How can it NOT be a big of a deal, if you’re going out with a guy when you like another guy?!”

“What are you talking about? I don’t like another guy.” She glared at me. I shrugged. “Did you forget what you told Taemin and me on Saturday?”

“Well maybe I don’t really like him. I was wrong?”

She squint her eyes at me. “This is because we saw Jonghyun with another girl and with IU isn’t it?”

“No.” I shook my head. She didn’t believe me. “Okay maybe ….”

“I KNEW IT!”

“Don’t tell me you’re just doing this to get back at him.” Luna said.

“No! It’s just that, I realised he doesn’t like me as more than a friend. So, I thought, it wouldn’t hurt to hang out with Minho right, since he likes me.”

“Okay. I accept this reason. But next time, tell me first.”

I nodded. “Yes, ma’am.” She laughed. “Anyway, I don’t think Jonghyun likes IU that much. Cause to be honest, everyone finds her weird.”

“Of course he doesn’t silly. He only hangs out with her for youknowwhat.” Typical of Jonghyun. Can’t control his hormones.

After gym class, we had normal lessons so back to the classroom it was. I was still in my sports attire cause I’m too lazy to change back to our uniform.

Oh a text came in.

Minho: I saw you sitting around during gym. Why are you so lazy? ;)

I smiled reading the text. It’s great that we’re more comfortable with each other that we can joke around like this now.

I looked up from my phone and saw Taemin smiling cheekily beside me. “What?”

“Texting Minho hyung?” he asked, still smiling.

“Maybe. Mind your own business!” I said.

“So the date went well yesterday?” I nodded. “I had fun. And actually, I think I’m gonna go see him later.”

His eyes widened. “Really?”

“Yup!”

I noticed Taemin’s smile fade slowly. “W-why? Should I not go?”

“No no. You can go if you want to. But just to let you know, Jonghyun hyung was looking for you yesterday. He seemed sad. Maybe … you should go find him instead?”

I sighed and thought about it. Should I? I don’t want to find him with another girl and interrupt their moment.

“I think Jonghyun has enough girls to keep him company. I’ll just go see Minho for a while. That’s okay right? I mean … Jonghyun—“

He cut me off. “It’s okay. I get what you mean.” He said and smiled. I smiled back.

Hmm. Jonghyun was sad yesterday? He didn’t reply the last text I sent him though. Ah, he’ll be fine. I know.

 

__________

 

I was on the way to find Minho when I bumped into someone. I almost fell and he grabbed me by the shoulders to stop me.

“Oops sorry, I wasn’t looking— oh hello Onew oppa!” I smiled.

“You should be careful. You’re just as clumsy as me.” He said.

“Sorry!” I smiled. “It’s okay. Where are you going?”

“Oh, to find Minho.” I answered.

“Minho? Hmm okay.” He said. Neither of us moved and we just stood there for a few minutes. If it wasn’t obvious enough, I was actually expecting him to get out of the way to let me get past.

“Okay, so I guess I’ll just go now …” I said, slowly stepping to the side.

“Wait.” He grabbed my wrist. “Come with me.” He pulled me in the direction opposite to where I was headed.

He brought me to a room or um, it looked like a pantry. Won’t we get in trouble for this?

“Don’t worry, I know the staff, they let me in here all the time.” He said almost as if he could read my mind.

The room was as big as our classroom. There was a table in the middle and there were lots of food! I was salivating just looking.

“Sit.” He pulled out a chair for me. “Thanks.”

He grabbed a cake from the top shelf and a few bags of chips and placed it on the table in front of me. “Eat.”

“O-okay.” I took the cake and pinched off a small piece. Yummy, banana cake. Taemin would love this!

“Sorry but, why did you bring me here?” I asked. “I needed some company. I always eat alone. It gets lonely.”

Aww. That’s so … sad. “But, why me?”

“Because you’re nice. And you looked like you were hungry …” Well I sorta am hungry …

“And I like you.”

WHAT? “WHAT?!” I stood up from my seat. He frowned. He pulled me down back onto the seat.

“What I meant was I like you, as a friend. As a little sisiter.”

Oh thank God. I heaved out a sigh of relief. “Sorry.” I said.

He kept staring at me as I ate. “What?”

“You remind me of someone.” He said. This should be interesting. “Oh? Who?”

“My ex-girlfriend.” Ouch. Not the who I was expecting.

“I’m sorry?” What else was I supposed to say?

“Don’t be sorry. You’re just so much like her. You remind me of why I fell for her. Just like you, she’s nice.” I smiled. “Thanks.”

“You also remind me why I broke up with her.” Um ….

“Because she’s too innocent. And naïve. It was annoying being with someone who can’t even read the signs I was giving her.”

I continued eating bits of the cake and avoided eye contact.

“You’re too naïve Jinhee.” He said. “What do you mean?”

“See! That’s exactly what I mean.” …. I think I got what he meant.

“Stop it. It’ll only make things difficult for you and those around you.”

I looked at him and waited for what he had to say next.

“Take notice of things. Not just the superficial stuff. Try and understand why they’re acting a certain way.”

“I think I got what you mean. I am too naïve, aren’t I?” He agreed.

“I’ll try and change that about myself.”

“Good. And I hope I’m not too harsh or anything. I just don’t want you to get hurt. Just because I don’t hang around you guys that much doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s going on between you, Jonghyun and Minho.” He winked.

I smiled. “It’s okay. You weren’t that harsh.”

He smiled back. “Friends?”

“Friends!” I held out my hand for a shake but he hugged me instead. “Now you can go.”

“But what about you?”

“I’m good. By the way, if you ever need any help, just give me a call.” I smiled and hugged him before I went off.

Looking at the time, I realized that if I don’t hurry Minho might leave and I’ll miss him! So I quickened my pace.

I reached the school stadium and was relieved to find Minho still there. In fact, he was the only one there. I ran down the stairs and put my bag next to his before walking up to the running track where he was. He smiled when he saw me.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hey yourself.”

“What are you doing here?” He asked. “I came to see you.” I said. He tried to hide his smile. He nodded and started stretching. I followed him.

“Why are you copying me?” I shrugged. “You’re going to run right? Let’s race.”

“What? I can’t race you. You’re a girl!”

I gasped and placed my hands on my hips. “Choi Minho! Do you think just because I’m a girl, I can’t run fast?”

“…. Yes. And that’s oppa to you.”

“Let’s race.”

“No.”

“Wae~ Ah please Minho oppa~~” I aegyo-ed with him. I held his hand and swung it side to side.

“Fine.”

“Ready,” we got into position. “…set, GO!”

We both started off at the same speed. Damn he’s running ahead now! Ugh. I ran as fast as I could. I’m a good runner! I actually used to compete in a lot of races when I was a kid. And I always came out 1st or 2nd. Hehe.

“Choi Minho!”

“What!”

“I’m tired!”

He laughed and it made him slow down a bit. But he was still ahead. So I started going at full speed. He realized how fast I began to run and ran faster.

Okay he won. But only by 3 steps!

I panted and placed my hands on my knees. “It’s a tie.”

“What?! I won!” He yelled. “No. It’s … a tie.” I said in between breaths.

“I won Jinhee.”

I waited till I could finally breathe normally again. “Let’s race again.”

He laughed and sat on the ground, pulling me down as well. “You’re so competitive.” He said.

“Look who’s talking.”

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

They’re talking and laughing together. That should be me. Not him.

“Jonghyun oppa~`”

Oh no. It’s her. It’s IU. Yeah I’ve sort of been running away from her all morning. In fact I’m hiding behind a bush right now.

Maybe I should go sit with Jinhee and Minho so she’ll leave me alone. Oh no where’d they go?! Argh they’re already leaving the stadium. Damn it! I’ve gotta run from this girl …

I managed to run back into the school and back to the music room. “Jonghyun?” Oh , who’s that? Oh it’s just Luna, pheww.

“Hi Luna.” I said, panting. “Why are you panting?”

“Because I was running …” She raised an eyebrow. “It’s that IU girl! She keeps coming after me! She’s obsessed with me!”

She laughed. LAUGH? HOW CAN YOU LAUGH? “This is serious Luna!”

“Okay okay. Gosh. So you don’t like her?”

“No!” I took a seat. “So what are you doing?”

“Writing a song.”

“Cool. For who? Taemin?” Hehehe.

“What?!”

“Nothing.” Hmm. Now that she’s here, I can ask her about Jinhee. Just to you know, find out why she’s been hanging out with Minho.

“So uh, what’s Jinhee been up to?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you ask her yourself?”

“I did. She said she’s been hanging out with Minho.”

“So there you have it, she’s been hanging out with Minho.”

Ugh. “Luna~~~” I whined.

“Did you just … aegyo?”

“Yes. Cute right?”

“Ew.” Heh. I’m cute.

“Jonghyun oppa~~” OH MY GOD IT’S HER!

“It’s her! Luna help!” I whisper-shouted. “What do you want me to do?!”

The door clicked open. “Oppa! I’ve been looking for you all over! Where have you been?”

“Nowhere.  Actually, I have some stuff to do now. Bye.”

“Wait, I wanna come with!”

I shot Luna a HELP ME look. “Hey IU, could you help me with this? I’m having some trouble.”

“YES! GREAT. IU go help Luna. She’s having some trouble. BYEEEEE!” I mouthed thank you to Luna while IU wasn’t looking.

THANK YOU LUNA! Now I can go look for Jinhee because you know she probably misses me and all. I ran all the way to the car park. I knew they’d be here.

“Jinhee!” She turned around and smiled, waving at me. I went over to them. “Hi Jinhee. Heyminhowhat’sup.”

“Yes hyung, do you need anything?” Minho asked. Such a busybody. “Yes Minho I need to talk to Jinhee.”

“About what?” She asked me. Oh crap. I don’t know. I just wanted to see her. It doesn’t matter if we don’t talk; I just want to stare at her face.

“A-about … um about …”

“Well?” Ugh shut up tall person, I’m trying to think of something.

“About maths! Yeah that’s it!” She tilted her head to the side. “Hmm?” Oh that’s so cute.

“You said you could teach me math, remember? So I was wondering when you were free.”

“Oh right. Um, let’s see, is tomorrow okay?” YES.

“Sure! So I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Ha. In your face Minho. I have a date with Jinhee tomorrow. Weee~

“I could use some help in math too.” Minho said. Oh screw you er. “Oh. Well then I could teach you both at the same time!”

“WHAT?!” Both Minho and I said. “Library tomorrow, after school. Okay?” She said.

“Fine.”

“Fine.” Minho copied me. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU TALL FREAK?!

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wasn't originally pleased with this update but I guess this will do for now :P 

Shippers stand your ground, hahaha. Something's about to happen soon. Who are you rooting for? Jonghee or Minhee? ;)

(cr. littleshinee)

 

(cr. livinginmyvipworld)

I love this gif (':