Hana

Let Me Be With You

“Oh nothing,” Aeri shrugged it off. “I was just messing around you know. Trying to be funny,”

Aeri winked as she looked at me with a knowing smirk. I stifled a giggle and took another piece from the box, smiling to Luna a bit.

“Oh haha, yeah…very funny…” She muttered.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Don’t forget your passports!”

My father’s voice echoed down the corridor, calling out to both my brother and I. But I was too busy trying to fit the last piece of clothing into my luggage which was already on the edge of exploding.  “I can’t zip it up,” I pouted and dived into bed. He laughed and crossed the room over to me, pulling me up once again. “Sit on it and I’ll zip it up,”

I smiled a bit before climbing onto my light green luggage and placing my weight onto it. With the help of my dad, the luggage finally zipped up.

I extended its handle and pulled it out of my room and slowly down the stairs. There were already two other bags by the door which belonged to my brother and dad. I’m so glad everyone decided to go on this trip together. This would be the first vacation we’re going on in years!

Just as I was about to run back up the stairs for my bag, the front door clicked open. “Morning,” Jonghyun’s handsome face came into view as the door flew open.

“Good morning, Jonghyun.” My dad appeared from the living room all dressed and full of smiles. He gave Jonghyun a pat on the back and a small hug.

I took the chance to run up and grab my remaining necessities and stuffed them into my small sling bag.

“Ready?” My brother walked with keys in hand. I nodded and jogged out of my room, watching as he pulled my door close and locked it. He flung a hand over my shoulder and walked with me down the stairs with my hand around his waist.

The front door was open and from where we were standing, a black car was in view. Behind it, Jonghyun was busy packing the luggage into the back bonnet of the car along with someone whom I didn’t recognise.

I waited for my brother to lock the front door before walking with him to the car. “Whose car is this?” I asked my boyfriend who was closing the hood of the bonnet. The other man was already making his way to the driver’s seat. Jonghyun smiled, walking around us to open the door to the back seat. “My car,” He said. “And that’s my family chauffer. I asked him for a favour to drive us to the airport.”

“Oh, I see.” I nodded slowly. My brother pushed past me to get into his seat, sliding all the way in, and right next to my dad. I heard the engine of the car rumble as it got started.

I shuffled closer to Jonghyun. Only the door was separating us from each other and I whispered into his ear. “You know, I like your Ferrari better. It’s ier,” He smirked and turned his head slightly, bringing his lips closer. “Baby you know I don’t need my Ferrari to look y,” He chuckled. “We can continue this y talk when we’re alone,”

“Anytime now Romeo and Juliet…” My brother muttered from inside the car.

I turned away from Jonghyun and slid into my seat as he closed the door after me. He climbed into the passenger seat and as soon as he got settled, the car started down the road heading for airport.

“It’ll probably take around an hour and a half to reach the airport. Just to let you guys know,” Jonghyun said from the front.

I glanced at the digital clock of the car. It showed four thirty-five in the afternoon; two hours before our flight leaves. Time wasn’t an issue this time, not when we’re taking a private, chartered plane courtesy of Aeri.

“Try to sleep on the plane instead. If not, you’ll get jetlagged.” Jonghyun said again.

The mention of sleep made me realise how sleepy I was. I bit back a yawn, trying to keep myself awake. At least until we got on the plane. But it was too late. My eyelids felt too heavy to lift and the next thing I knew, I drifted off into a deep dreamless sleep.

Until an hour and a half later when we arrived and I was awoken by my brother, yelling in my ear.

__________

 

Everyone was rushing everywhere; different people headed in different directions. Familiar sound of the English language filled the area.

I giggled as a tall man with a straw hat on made his way past me and winked my way. 
“So you’re into tall guys now?” A hand s over my waist, pulling me close and leading me into the correct direction. When I looked around I realised everyone else was already walking ahead towards the exit.

I pulled my luggage along with one hand and laced my fingers with Jonghyun’s on my other. His sleepy eyes met mine and he smiled cutely before surrendering to a yawn he’d been stifling.

It was a long fourteen hour flight and most of us slept for almost the whole time. I’m guessing Jonghyun hasn’t fully awakened from his sleep. He looked so cute.

We finally caught up with the rest at the exit where there were three cabs on standby for us. Aeri and her family rode in the first one, the guys including Taemin rode in the second one while my family and I, together with Luna, got into the last one.

It was amazing. Every moment of us in the cab was spent gaping at the view of the mountains and scenery. Flowers, colours and music filled the place. It was refreshing.

Soon after, we reached the hotel and were greeted by the staff there, ready to take our bags and belongings. A few ladies came up to us and placed a garland over each of us.

“Welcome to Hawaii everyone! We’ll be staying at this hotel for the next few days,” Aeri’s father spoke up. He led the way towards the hotel where he went off to check us in while we waited at the lobby.

“You come here for vacation often Aeri?” Onew asked, landing his onto the soft cushion of the couch. She shrugged and gave a half-smile. “Yeah I guess. Almost every summer,” She muttered.

“Damn I wish I was this rich,” Taemin sighed and took his sunglasses off to take a better look of the hotel.

“Doesn’t matter how rich you are and which places you get to go to. If you don’t have anyone to share it with, what’s the point? Right Aeri?” Jonghyun’s eyes met mine for a tiny second and a smile spread across his lips. I sheepishly smiled back and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

“That’s right.” She sighed. “It gets lonely you know, and that’s why I’m so glad that all of you are here with—“

“AERI!”

Her name echoed through the lobby and all of us turned our heads in the direction it came from. She was running towards Aeri, dragging along a luggage of her own. We watched as the both of them shared a long hug and caught up with each other.

Aeri then walked back towards us and tugged the girl along with her. Now that she’s nearer, I realised how similar they look.

“Guys, meet Hana, or the people here call her Hannah,” She pulled Hana to the front so that they were standing next to each other. “She’s my cousin and she lives here, in Hawaii with her parents.”

“Cousins?” Luna said. “You guys could pass as twins!”

“So we’ve heard,” They both said at the same time before busting into laughter. Hana was just as pretty as Aeri, except she had black hair instead of brown and her skin was slightly tanned. Probably since she lives here and gets more sun. But other than that, she was just like Aeri. She had big eyes just like Aeri and they were around the same height. I was jealous.

“There are two of you?!” Jonghyun’s voice was high and his eyes were wide. I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips together. He suddenly stood on his feet and walked towards them. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! We could’ve done fun things togeth—“

“Jonghyun,” I clenched my teeth and sent him death glares. “Sit. Down.”

“Yes ma’am,” He gulped from where he was standing and ran back to his seat. The others broke into soft laughter including my dad who was seated next to me. I was between my brother and him and it made me realise how fairly quiet my brother has been. I turned my head to my left where he was, to see him staring almost intensely at Aeri and Hana. His eyes then shifted to me before turning his attention onto his phone. I arched an eyebrow and shook my head, shrugging it off.

Aeri then proceeded to introduce us individually to Hana. I like her, she seems nice.

__________

 

After getting assigned to our rooms, unpacking and washing up, all of us went for lunch at a café just ten minutes away. We went there by foot, walking through the beach and up a short flight of stairs which led to a higher level where the café was located.

I walked hand in hand with Jonghyun; his hand holding mine slightly tighter today. He seemed distracted and he kept his gaze in front where Minho was walking, burning holes into the younger boy’s back. They probably had another silly fight.

And I must’ve been imagining it but I felt someone’s stare burning holes through my back too. But when I turned around, it was only Aeri. Must be the heat getting to me.

We were greeted by one of the staff who led us to our reserved tables. It was a Hawaiian styled place, of course. The staffs were wearing red Aloha shirts with khaki Bermuda shorts.

We ordered the chef's special for the day and also the original Hawaiian style pizza.

"Do you guys have to hold hands all the time?" Wooyoung whispered to me, nodding his head in the direction of Jonghyun and my intertwined hands under the table. I shrugged. "Yes, he loves me." He rolled his eyes and imitated my answer. "Well I love you too, so do I have to hold your hand?"

“Yes,” I nodded. He pressed his lips together trying to stifle a giggle till I held his hand and we burst into laughter together.

Our laughter died down and his gaze rested on the table next to ours where our parents sat. Other than Hana and Aeri’s parents, only our dad came along. And by the looks of it, he seems happy. “I haven’t seen him so relaxed since forever,” Wooyoung said.

“Yeah,” I sighed. “I’m so glad the both of you agreed to come along,”

“I couldn’t just leave you on a vacation with that boyfriend of yours.” He muttered. Before I could respond, he nodded to the direction of a waiter heading for our table with our food and ignored me.

 "Jinhee, you want some?" I looked to the front and saw Minho, who sitting across from me, holding up a slice of pizza ready to place on my plate.

It looked so appetizing and I was drooling just by looking at it. My hands grabbed for my plate and held it out to accept it before Jonghyun pulled me back.

"No she doesn't want it," He said on my behalf. But I did want it. I looked at him, annoyed. He only smiled and took a slice on his own, placing it onto my plate. "There, eat it."

I don't understand him sometimes. Turning back to Minho, I gave him an apologetic look. But he was already engaged in a conversation with Aeri and Taemin, seated next to him.

"I bet you ten dollars that they fought," Wooyoung nudged me and whispered in my ear. I ignored him though, and focused on Jonghyun who looked pretty tense. It was obvious. I just hope I'm not the reason behind it.

Though I'm pretty sure I am.

 

__________

 

"It's so obvious and you're still asking me about it?" His hair was blowing in the wind, messing it up and making him look adorable.

"So it's really me?" I asked Taemin again, straight to the point. He nodded his head and leaned back on the chair, sipping on his cocktail.

I knew it. Minho and Jonghyun had a silly fight and once again it's about me. What else could there be to fight about me? I’m already with Jonghyun…

“Well someone’s miss popular here,” Hana giggled on her own seat next to Taemin’s. She got up and lifted the sunglasses from her eyes, setting them on top of her head. “So why did you choose Jonghyun?”

I paused for a moment, unsure of my answer. Why? There were a lot of reasons really.

“Because he was her first kiss,” Luna said behind me. She was lying on her tummy, head resting on both her arms. I blushed a little. It’s embarrassing to have Hana know that Jonghyun gave me my first kiss.

She looked at me with agape. “Really? That’s so cute!” She squealed before leaning back onto her chair. “No wonder he’s so protective over you,”

“You should go talk to him if you’re worried Jinhee,” Luna said. I sat next to where she was lying on the chair and sighed. “Should I?”

“Yes,” She mumbled. “And settle it once and for all.”

She’s right. I should. He would feel better too. “Okay, I will.” With an idea of what to say to him, I got up to look for him. He should be in his room right now.

I bumped into Onew as I was getting into the elevator and he was getting out. “Oh, Jinhee!” He smiled cheerfully. “I was just about to look for you,” He said.

“What’s up?” I smiled back at the older boy.

“Jonghyun’s looking for you. He’s waiting upstairs in my room,” He said before exiting the elevator and waving bye as he ran off to join the rest. What a coincidence that he’s looking for me. Maybe he wants to clear things up too.

The bell of the elevator went off once it reached the twentieth floor, startling me. I took a deep breath and walked out. The door to the room was open so I walked in, leaving my slippers by the door and kicked the door shut behind me.

Jonghyun was on the bed with his earphones plugged in. But once he saw me from the corner of his eye, he smiled and removed them while getting up to hug me.

“Jonghyun I need to ask you something,” I said over his shoulder. He pulled back and studied my face. “Is something wrong?” He arched an eyebrow.

“Did you fight with Minho?”

He kept silent and looked away from me. I titled my head to the side and asked him again. “Did you? Was it something about me?”

“It was nothing,” He brushed it off and walked to the bedside table to check his phone. I pressed my lips into a thin line, quite annoyed by him. Why doesn’t he want to tell me? “Anyway, I have something to tell you.” He said.

“Answer me first,” I walked up to him and faced him again.

“Yes we did. But that’s only because he’s trying to steal you away from me again okay,” He heaved out a breath and placed both his hands on his hips. I shook my head as if I couldn’t understand him.

“No he’s not,” I said. “He hasn’t done anything to ‘steal’ me away.”

“Why are you on his side?” Jonghyun muttered softly. I can’t believe he’s saying this! I’m only trying to tell him how stupid it is to quarrel with Minho over something he’s not even trying to do.

“I’m not on his side, Jonghyun.” I said firmly. “I’m just trying to stop this constant fight between the both of you,”

“You don’t understand. He’s trying to take you away from me!” He suddenly yelled, blood rushing up to his face making it red. I gasped and took a few steps back. I’ve never seen him so angry before. I looked down and played with my fingers.

I heard him sigh as he ran a hand over his face. “Nevermind, I still need to tell you something,” He pulled me closer and hugged me with one arm around my waist and the other brushing hair off my face. His hand then moved to my chin, lifting my head so that I was looking at him again. “Sorry,” He said and kissed my forehead.

“My parents are coming,”

My mind went blank. His parents? The ones who disapprove of his singing? And his dad who doesn’t even like me? “Y-your parents are what?” I stuttered. When Jonghyun told me his parents weren’t joining us for business reasons, I was actually quite relieved. I wasn’t ready to meet them.

“Don’t worry,” He said. “I’ll make sure they’re nice.”

Yeah…I bet they will be. I faked a smile to show him I was fine with it.

He returned the smile and then moved to the bed and lay on his back, hands behind his head. I climbed onto him, sitting on his tummy and tracing imaginary drawings over his shirt. “Sorry about before,” I muttered. “I just hate it when you and Minho fight over something ridiculous like me,”

He sat up and cupped my face. “You, are definitely not something ridiculous. If anything, you’re something worth fighting over.” I smiled and looked away, blushing.

“But you know, he really isn’t trying to steal me away from you or whatever you think he’s doing.” I said softly, making sure he’s calm.

“You just don’t see it,” He replied. “What if one day he’s successful and you end up with him?” His face was full of worry, it was adorable.

“So you don’t trust me?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. He shook his head. “That’s not what I—“

“Why would I be with Minho, when I love you?”

A smile slowly made its way on to his face, his eyes curving and his cheekbones showing. His eye smile is the cutest thing. “You love me?” He asked playfully.

I kissed his nose and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Of course I do, my darling.”

“I love you too, Jinhee.” He said, burying his face into my chest as I rocked us from side to side.

__________

 

AERI’S POV

 

“Are you being serious Minho?” I asked, trying to catch up with him. Damn, his long legs are really an advantage. “You still like Jinhee? She’s not single!”

“I’m not doing this on purpose. If it just so happens that she falls for my charms, then what am I to do?” He snickered. Charms huh? You’re definitely sounding like Jonghyun now, Minho. “Plus, you heard it yourself. Jonghyun said that if he screws up, then I’m free to have Jinhee.”

“That is, IF she wants you Minho,” I scoffed. “You’re talking as if she’s a toy or a cheap girl. She won’t just go around chasing guys you know,”

He sighed and gulped down water from his bottle. I had no idea where we were walking to; I was just following him down this road full of street shops.

“I know that Aeri,” He said over his shoulder. “What I’m doing isn’t wrong. I’m just being myself around her. And one day she’ll realise that Jonghyun isn’t the one for her.”

Really now? I thought that after seeing how perfect Jinhee and Jonghyun were when we arranged for them to be together, he’d forget about her or at least try to. But guess it’s true what they say about him; he’s determined.

“Not so charming from here pretty boy,” I said, panting as I jogged up to catch up with him again. He suddenly turned, and I gasped when he did as our faces were only inches apart. “When I want something, I’m determined to get it, noona.” He whispered. I could feel his hot breath on my face.

I smirked at him calling me that. It was weird and yet it set a new feeling free inside of me. “So I’ve heard,”

He chuckled and took a step back. “Why are you following me again?” He asked, arching an eyebrow.

“Because I can?”

“Oh what a reasonable explanation,” He rolled his eyes and turned back around, his back facing me. “Well then you have to keep up,” He fastened his pace and turned back to me, tossing his bottle of water before running off. I caught the bottle in my hands and gulped down the water. Then I started running after him myself, feeling the adrenaline rushing through my body.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Finally finished with this ending fml it took so long lol cause of the beginning of this chapter. It was boring to write and I know it'll be boring to read XD Anw yay they're all in Hawaii, so fun! But Jjong's parents are coming oh no D:

I'm trying to make a scene where Luna and Taemin are together just like how Aeri and Minho are in this one! But it's hard omggg ugh LOL I'll try in the next chapter.

btw, this is how I imagine Aeri to be like:

Oh and, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D Hope that 2013 will be a great year for all of you! :) Thank you for sticking with my fic and taking the time to read it, I love all of you! ^^ Hwaiting for 2013!!