They know

Let Me Be With You

We’re just schoolmates spending time in school. Hehe yup that’s it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

JINHEE'S POV

“Morning appa!” I went down for breakfast to find him in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal.

“Morning sweetheart. You look happy today. “

I poured my cereal into a bowl and took a seat next to him.

“What are you talking about? I’m happy every day.”

“Mhmm.” He gave me a weird look.

“Appa …”

“What? Okay okay fine, you look happy every day.”

I gave him a smug look before eating a spoonful of my cereal.

“But especially happy since you’re meeting that boy again today?”

I choked on the food that was in my mouth and almost spit out everything. “How did you know?”

“I’m psychic, I know these things.” I gave him my unamused look. “Okay okay, I went in to kiss you goodnight and I was trying to put your phone aside and I saw the text. By accident.”

“…. Did you tell oppa?”

“Nope. Do you want me to?”

“No!” 

He chuckled and raised his right hand. “I promise I won’t tell.”

“So you’re not mad?”

“Why would I be mad?”

“I don’t know, oppa doesn’t want me hanging around him so I assume-“

“But I’m not your oppa.” That’s true. He smiled at me and gave me a pat on my head.

“As long as oppa-“

“As long as I what?”

Wooyoung oppa came into the kitchen at just that moment, stopping me from continuing my sentence. Wow I just realized how Wooyoung oppa has really great timing.

“As long as … you … come down … and have breakfast. With us. Now. Heh.” Well I tried. Couldn’t come up with anything better.

He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at me. I saw appa trying to suppress his laughter from the corner or my eye. Sigh. Why am I such a loser.

“What is wrong with you today …” He muttered while getting a glass of milk. “Oh, here.” He tossed my handphone over to me. “I saw that it was on your bedside table. You must’ve forgotten about it.”

Oh no did he see the text? “Uh thanks ….”

It was kinda awkward after that so I left after finishing my cereal. I gave both appa and Wooyoung oppa a hug before leaving for school.

 

NORMAL POV

“Just let her be.” Jinhee’s father said, breaking the silence in the kitchen as she left.

“How could I? What if she makes-“

“A mistake? Well isn’t that how someone is supposed to learn?”

“I know. And I trust that she knows what’s right too. It’s just that Jonghyun guy.” Wooyoung sighed and took a seat next to his father.

“He’s not someone Jinhee should trust. He’s a player. I hear him bragging about girls all the time. I have a feeling that he’s not spending time with Jinhee because he likes her. But he just wants her. Like, you know … “

“Wooyoung-ah. I know you’re just protecting your sister. But please, give her some space. Watch over her and help her learn from mistakes, but don’t stop her from making mistakes. Okay?”

 “But what if he does things to her? She hasn’t even had a first kiss.”

“Well I think she knows better than to let him do that. And what if this guy is really into her?”

“Doubt that. And if she knew better, I wouldn’t have had to see what I saw on their date.”

Jinhee’s father let out a laugh. Wooyoung turned to his father, confused.

“You really are a busybody.” He pinched Wooyoung’s cheek. “If it makes you feel better, do whatever you have to. BUT don’t make her upset. Deal?”

“Deal.” Wooyoung smiled at his father and they sealed the deal with a fist bump.

 

JINHEE'S POV

I met Taemin and Luna near a bus stop like we normally do and then we walked to school together. We don’t usually take the bus unless we’re late.

“Ah I’m so hungry …” Luna whined.

“Why didn’t you eat before leaving home? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” Taemin said.

“Taemin … chill …”

“Here,” he took out an oatmeal bar. ”Have this!”

“Really? Thanks!” Luna took the bar and removed the wrapper, taking a big bite.

“What about meeeeeee?” I asked.

“What about you?” Taemin bluntly said.

“Yah!”

“Hehe just kidding. You already had breakfast so –“

A car suddenly honked making us stop in our tracks. All of us turned at the same time and saw a familiar black Ferrari come to a stop on the road next to where we were. It was Jonghyun, obviously. I just realized his car plate number has his initials on it. KJH0408. Interesting. I wonder what 0408 stands for.

He rolled down the window to the passenger seat and smiled at us.

“Need a lift?” he asked.

“Sure!” Both Luna and Taemin said simultaneously.

“Hop in! I have some stuff at the back so there’s only room for two back there.”

I have to sit at the back. The three of us looked towards the back seat. Then both Luna and Taemin looked at me and I looked at them. And we ran for the back seat at the same time but I ended up getting shoved away by them.

Luna got in first and Taemin went in right after her. Jonghyun chuckled at us and then said,

 

“Jinhee why don’t you just sit in the passenger seat? Next to me.”

“Yeah Jinhee go and sit next to Jonghyun oppa.” Taemin grinned.

“Fine.” I stuck my tongue out to Taemin.

“You guys are really something.” Jonghyun chuckled.

I got into the passenger seat and buckled myself in. I turned my head towards Jonghyun and smiled. He then drove us off to school. It was a really quiet and awkward drive.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

I looked over to Jinhee. Her cheeks were puffed up and she was hugging her school bag. She looked so cute.    Wait what … no what am I saying.

 I turned to her again but this time, she was making weird faces into the rear view mirror. I glanced at the mirror and realized that she was making faces at Luna and Taemin who were doing the same to her. I shook my head and chuckled. They are so entertaining. And Jinhee is so cute.

 

JINHEE'S POV

After what seemed like forever, we finally reached school. I swear it’s faster to walk to school. We got out of the car after he parked and started walking into school.

“Jinhee, 3rd floor okay? I’ll be waiting.” Jonghyun said to me and smiled.

Sigh. He has a great smile.

“Okay. See you.” Have to admit I was kinda excited hehe.

“Luna let’s walk to class together.” Jonghyun turned to her.

“Really? Sure!” She got all excited and stood next to Jonghyun.

“Yah just a walk to class and you get so excited?” Taemin said.

“Whatever Taemin. Let’s go Jonghyun-ssi!” and she walked off with Jonghyun to their block.

“Pfft … whatever.” Taemin muttered.

What’s wrong with Taemin today? Oh well. We walked to class and took our seats. I was about to ask him if he was okay but the teacher came and started her lesson. He seemed fine after that so I didn’t ask him.

 

__________

 

School’s finally over and I made my way to the third floor. I wonder why he wants to meet there. Come to think of it I’ve never been to the third floor. Our classes were always on the first and second levels.

I walked up the corridor and saw Jonghyun leaning on one of the doors. He saw me and got up from his position. Now I’m nervous. I walked up to him and he opened the door gesturing me to go in.

I walked in and saw that it was just a normal classroom. A bit dusty too. I guess it hasn’t been used for a long time. But why are we having our date here.

 

NORMAL POV

“Jonghyun-ssi why-“

Before she could even finish the sentence Jonghyun grabbed her by the hips and pushed her against the door.

“W-what are you doing?”

He smirked, bringing his face closer to her. “Finishing off what we started. Don’t you remember? We were so rudely interrupted by your brother.”

“So he is trying to take advantage of me”. Jinhee thought.

She could see the lust in his eyes and as much as she thought this guy was hot, she knew this isn’t the right thing to do. She suddenly thought of her brother. What would he say if he saw them like this, again. She didn't know what to do. Her eyes started to fill with tears.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Finally let’s get this over and- IS SHE CRYING? I quickly let go of her and took a step back.

“Why are you crying?” I asked.

“I-I don’t know.” She wiped her eyes with her sleeve and kept facing the ground. “Sorry, I don’t know why I’m crying.”

“Oh. Well … umm … I … I’ll leave now. Sorry …” I bowed down and left the room.

What was that? It was the first time that ever happened to me. I placed my hand over my chest and felt my heart racing. I left the room, not because I was scared (okay maybe a little) but it just felt so wrong, seeing her cry like that. I don’t even know why I bowed before leaving! Okay I just need some air now. Need to cool down.

 

YOUR POV

Stupid! Stupid! Why did I cry? Now he’s going to think I’m some weirdo.

I went down to the back of the school near the fountain. I knew I would find either Taemin or Luna there.

“Hey! How was the … did you cry?” Luna asked.

I was about to answer when Taemin ran over to us. “Guys! I just saw Jonghyun hyung. He looked really weird. What happened?” he turned to me.

I took a seat next to Luna and explained to them what happened.

“Ah … well still doesn’t explain why hyung looked so weird.”

“Maybe he got scared when you started crying.” Luna said.

“I don’t even know why I cried. Sigh …” I said, playing with my fingers.

“It’s okay. You can clear things up tomorrow. Let’s go to Starbucks now I heard it’s 30% off today!” Taemin said.

I chuckled at Taemin’s comment. How can he be thinking of Starbucks at a time like this. “Okay let’s go.”

I linked arms with Luna and we walked back into the school to go out front. It was weird though, when we were walking through the hallways the other students kept looking at us. And giggling. A couple of girls walked past us and said loud enough for us to hear,

“How old is she, five? Does she really need her older brother to follow her everywhere even on dates?” and they burst out laughing.

How did they … Jonghyun. He must’ve spread about it because I cried just now and ruined the date. Now everyone knows.

 

LUNA’S POV

I grabbed onto Jinhee tighter and walked out of school at a faster rate than before. I can’t believe it! This must be Jonghyun’s doing. I could see Jinhee holding back her tears but I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to make it worse. I looked over to Taemin on the other side; he looked back at me and shrugged.

“You okay Jin?” He asked.

“Yup.” She nodded with a blank look on her face.

“Umm let’s just get you home okay …” I said.

Taemin and I walked her all the way home. Then we walked back to Starbucks because I had a shift to do … and Taemin still wanted his discounted latte.

We coincidentally ran into Wooyoung oppa there too.

“Oh hyung, annyeong! We just walked Jinhee home.”

“Ah really? Why didn’t she come along?” he asked.

“She wasn’t feeling well.” I said.

“She’s sick?!”

“Aniyo …” Taemin said.

“Please tell me this has nothing to do with that Jonghyun guy.”

“Pshh of course not hah why would it.” Okay so I’ve always been a bad liar. I should keep my mouth closed.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

Luna is so going to spill everything. She’s such a horrible liar. And she’s kinda scared of Wooyoung hyung too.

“Hyung don’t worry she’s just, having mood swings.” I said.

Luna went to the back and clogged in for work. She came back out with an apron and stood behind the counter. I ordered a mocha latte and waited at the counter for my order. Wooyoung hyung suddenly came up to the counter next to where I was standing.

“Are you sure it had nothing to do with Jonghyun?” He asked.

“Sure!” I said. Hoping he wouldn’t ask Luna.

“…. Luna-ssi?” He looked straight into Luna’s eyes.

SIGH.

5

“Umm.”

4

“Well …”

3

“Actually”

2

“uh…”

1

 

“Yes it is Jonghyun’s fault he went and told everyone about what happened on their date last week with you barging in and all and now everyone knows and they were staring and laughing at her in school and and she’s so upset right now.” 

She said everything in one breath. Impressive.

Wooyoung hyung clenched his fists and took a deep breath. Woah he’s really angry. I stepped away from him.

“Thanks Luna. I’ll get going now. See you guys.” And he left just like that.

I turned to Luna who was already worried about what may happen next.

“Well at least I didn’t spill about their date today right?” she said.

“………………………….. so is my latte ready?”

“TAEMIN!”

“What? Yes at LEAST you didn't do that …. Should we warn Jinhee about this?”

“Uhh. Can we just tell her tomorrow? What if she gets more upset?”

“Okay but you’re the one that’s telling.”

She pouted “Fine ..” Hehe cute.

“I wonder what hyung’s going to do though …”

Luna bit her bottom lip. “That’s what I’m afraid of right now.”

Knowing hyung, especially after that date, he is NOT gonna let this off easy. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you guys find this story weird? LOL Okay anyway updated! And school's starting next week for me ): But I guess I can still update at least once a week ^^