Silent Treatment

Let Me Be With You

“Fine.” Minho copied me. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU TALL FREAK?!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

I really like Jinhee. I don’t know why. There’s just something about her. She’s different from all the other girls. NO it has nothing to do with how hot she is. Although she really is hot I mean look at her— okay nothing to do with how hot she is.

Should I tell her? I don’t know how to confess. I’ve never done it before heh.

What if she rejects me?! I’ve never faced rejection … I wonder how that feels. Hmm.

What would everyone say if they found out I like her? It’s kind of embarrassing to admit that I do. I know that sounds bad ….

This is confusing for me. I need advice.

 

__________

 

 

“So this is the mean of the values and using this, you use this formula to get the value of z and then you can – “She’s so pretty. Just look at her cheeks they’re so squishy I feel like kissing them.

I can smell her perfume mmm smells inviting. And is it just me or does her skirt seem shorter today? I’m not ing on her. Just noticing hehe.

“Do you understand?”

Minho nodded and started attempting some of the examples. Hell I don’t even know what topic we’re on.

“What about you oppa?” She turned to me. I swear her lips are just calling out to me.

“Uh. Yeah. I understand.” Haha. No.

“Okay then explain it to me.” Oh she’s good. Now I’m in trouble. “Um … let’s see, this is the x so that one is the mean … wait, I’m confused.”

She gave me an unconvinced look. “Confused huh? Maybe it’s because you weren’t listening?”

“I was! … Maybe.”

“Typical. It’s no use tutoring someone who has no motivation or interest in learning.” Minho said while writing. Idiot.

“It’s rude to interrupt a conversation.” I said. “It’s also rude to tune out while someone is trying her best to explain something.” He said.

“I did not tune out.”

“Yeah you just weren’t listening.”

“Shut up Minho. Do your work.”

“You shut up.”

That’s it. I got up from my chair. “What is your problem?!”

“ENOUGH!” Jinhee yelled. “This was a bad idea. I shouldn’t have suggested that I teach you both at the same time. I’m sorry.” She packed her stuff and headed out the room.

“No Jinhee wait! …. Ugh. This is all your fault. If you had just kept your mouth shut—“

“Do you like her or something?” He cut me off.

I walked up to him. “So what if I do?” He was stunned. I packed my stuff as well and left him there. I guess he was really surprised because he was still in that same position even as I left. I better get used to this reaction.

Now, to find Jinhee and … apologise. Sigh.

 

JINHEE’S POV

I can’t believe they were verbally attacking each other! Yes it’s my fault, I know that. I left them there since I don’t think there was any use in continuing anyway. I really dislike it when people fight. When they fight around me, especially. It makes me so upset.

I went to the dance studio and found Key and Taemin there. “Oh hello! How’d the tutoring go?” Taemin said.

“Horrible.” I threw my bag to the side and plopped down onto the floor. “What happened?” Key took a seat next to me.

“They fought.” Both Taemin and Key looked at each other unsurprised; as if they had already seen it coming. “And then?”

“And then I left. You know I hate it when people fight.” Taemin nodded. “Forget about them. Just continue tutoring me. I’m a good student, right?” I laughed. “Right.”

I took out my notebook and a pencil and started doodling while Taemin and Key fooled around in the studio.

“Hey what’s the date today?” I asked.

“1st of April.” Key answered.

I jotted it down on the top of the page. 0401 … that looks sort of familiar. Wait a minute ….

“What’s with that smirk?” Key asked me.

“Are you planning something evil? Can I be part of it?” You are so weird Taemin.

I have something in mind. It’s not exactly evil but, partly. I looked at them and grinned.

“I have an idea.”

 

NORMAL POV

Jonghyun knew exactly where to look for Jinhee. He ran to the dance studio and was more than thrilled to find her there.

“Jinhee! … I …I’ve been … looking for you.” He said in between breaths.

She looked up from her notebook and at him, with a blank expression almost as if she didn’t know him at all. He stood by the door still panting, waiting for her response. It never came. She turned away and went back to doodling.

Jonghyun looked at the two other guys in the room. Both of them simply shrugged and then went back to fooling around. He cleared his throat and slowly walked to where she was sitting.

“J-Jinhee?” No reply. “Can I sit here?” She shrugged.

He took a seat facing her, waiting for her to stop whatever she was doing. She didn’t. He moved himself so that he was now next to her. “Jinhee, I’m sorry.”

“Please talk to me Jinhee.” She kept on doodling as if his presence next to her wasn’t even noticed.

After a while, she kept her stuff and stood up. He followed her. “Where are you going? I’ll go with you, okay?”

“Taemin, Key, I’ll go first okay? See you guys tomorrow!”

“Okay, bye Jinhee!” Taemin said, waving. She waved back and went off. Jonghyun followed behind.

“Jinhee, I’ll drive you home. Okay?” She kept on walking. “Jinhee?”

They exited the school and Jonghyun pulled her towards the direction of his car. She didn’t resist but she showed no reaction either. He opened the door for her and made her sit.

“Jinhee. I’m sorry for what happened earlier. Please forgive me?” He said while driving her home. Still no reaction.

He sighed. “Alright, don’t forgive me. I know I was wrong.”

When they reached her stop, he opened the door for her to get out. He pushed her against his car and brought his face close to hers. Their noses were touching.

“I’m really sorry. Please talk to me. I need to hear your voice.” He said. She stared blankly at him and pushed him away before walking into her house.

D-6

“So that’s the plan!” Luna smirked and nodded slowly. “Impressive.” She said.

“Do you think it will work?” Jinhee asked.

“It’ll definitely work if you play your part well.” Onew replied. “Oh don’t worry; I’m a pro at giving the silent treatment.” She stuck her tongue out.

“I can’t believe you thought of this Jinhee. I didn’t expect it.” Taemin said. “Haha well, maybe because I’ve start taking notice of things.”  She emphasised the last part, looking at Onew.

“You still have a long way to go, dongsaeng.” He said. “I know. One step at a time!” They both laughed.

“Uh … is this an inside joke or?” Luna asked. Both Taemin and she were staring at the other two, completely lost.

Jinhee smiled. “Hehe yup. You could say that.”

 

__________

 

Jonghyun sat by the window of his classroom and heaved out a sigh. He had been trying and failing to get Jinhee to talk to him. Every call he made, she would reject. And even text messages were ignored.

Key smirked as he watched Jonghyun from the door. “Hey stranger.” Jonghyun turned and gave a faint smile. “Hey.”

“You okay? You didn’t call me last night.” Jonghyun turned slowly to Key and pouted. “Jinhee won’t talk to me.”

“What did you do this time?” Key said placing his hands on his hips. “It wasn’t me! It was Minho. Ugh. Now she’s mad at me and won’t talk to me and …”

“And?”

“And I miss her.” Jonghyun said.

Key couldn’t keep his smile from escaping. He had been waiting a long time for Jonghyun to finally say something affectionate about Jinhee. He nudged Jonghyun.

“You like her, don’t you?”

Jonghyun looked at Key and then looked down. “You can’t lie to me Jjong baby.” Jonghyun chuckled at looked up at Key again. He nodded. “I do like her. A lot. I don’t know how but – “

Key raised his palm gesturing for Jonghyun to stop. “Enough. Save your sappy love speech for her. I just needed to hear you say it out loud.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “You mean, you knew?” Key scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Of course. I know everything.”

“Do you think she knows?” Key shrugged. “I don’t know. Since she’s not even talking to you now, I bet she doesn’t even care.”

Key bit his lower lip to stop his laughter from escaping. Jonghyun looked as worried as ever. “For all you know she could be making out with Minho right now.”

“WHAT?!” Jonghyun yelled, his eyes enlarged. “Oh my gosh you’re right.”

Key grabbed Jonghyun’s shoulders and put on a straight face. “Get a grip of yourself Kim Jonghyun. The next time you see her, tell her.”

He was breathing heavily now. “Tell her? …. I can’t.”

“Since when are you such a ?”  

“I am not a !”

“Then tell her.” Key challenged.

“Okay. I will. I’ll tell her.” Key could see Jonghyun’s eyes sparkling as he said that and couldn’t help but smile.

“Goodluck.” Key said as he made his way across the room to leave. “Who knew an innocent girl could turn my Jjongie into such a .” He mumbled as he left the room.

“I HEARD THAT!”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this is short! I'm sorry! But something's going to happen in the next chapter hahaha promise it will :P Anyway, thank you so much to the new subscribers! Do comment, I love reading them even if it is a criticism lol.