Let's Talk

Let Me Be With You

She climbed two steps up the ladder before coming back down. She got on her toes and gave Jonghyun a kiss on the cheek. Jonghyun touched his cheek and smiled. “Happy birthday.” She wished him again and climbed up the ladder to her room.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

NORMAL POV
 

“OH MY GOD! I’m so happy for you!” Luna shrieked and hugged her best friend. They were on the way to have lunch at their usual spot.

Taemin stood in his position almost doubting whatever Jinhee had just told them. “Really? Hyung? Jonghyun hyung, CONFESSED? To you?”

“I was just as shocked as you are.” Jinhee said.

“So what did you say? Did you accept him?” Luna stood in front of her and placed her hands on Jinhee’s shoulders. “Please tell me you accepted him.”

“Actually I …” Jinhee faked a sad tone and faced the ground. Luna’s expression filled with anxiety.

“I told him I liked him back!” Jinhee yelled. “I knew it.” Taemin said. Luna let out a sigh of relief. “Good. I would’ve punched you otherwise.”

“And I believe that.” Jinhee said. “Oh and …” she continued.

“And?” Both Taemin and Luna said at the same time.

“We kissed.”  

“OH MY GOD!” Luna wrapped her arms around Jinhee and squeezed her tight. “I’m so happy for you! You got your first kiss!”

“And it’s with Jonghyun hyung! We should celebrate.”

“Guys it’s just a kiss.”

“Did you like it?” Luna nudged her.

“Luna! You don’t just ask this kind of questions …”

“Well, did you?” Taemin asked.

“… Yes?”

Both Taemin and Luna exchanged glances and smirked. “What?” Jinhee asked looking at back and forth between the two of them.

“JINHEE AND JONGHYUN SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”

Jinhee covered their mouths and looked around the area. “What if people hear you guys!” She hissed.

Luna pulled Jinhee’s hand away. “That’s the point! So that they will know you and Jonghyun are together.”

“But we’re not together.”

“Not yet at least.” Taemin added. “It will only be a matter of time before he asks you to be his girlfriend.”

Jinhee sighed while taking her seat and pouted. She had a serious look on her face as if she was contemplating over something.

“What’s wrong? You don’t want to be his girlfriend?” Taemin asked, scratching his head.

Jinhee looked at Taemin from across the table and sighed. “Of course I want to be his girlfriend. I like him a lot.” She said making the other two smirk. “But that’s not the point. The point is, we’ve only been friends for like what a month? We barely know anything about each other. I don’t think we’re ready to be together just yet. I wanna take this slow.”

The other two nodded slowly in agreement. “You’re right. You guys shouldn’t jump too quickly into this relationship. Plus I think your brother’s gonna need some time before he can accept this.” Luna said.

“Oh … right. My brother. I forgot about him.”

“You’re gonna need a whole lot of convincing to do with your bro.” Taemin laughed before taking a big bite from his sandwich.

“I know right …”

__________

 

The day passed by quickly and they were already having their last lesson of the day. Taemin and Jinhee were having dance class.

“Okay so make sure you guys have your partners picked by next week, alright?”

“Ne~” The class answered.

Jinhee turned to Taemin once they were dismissed. “Partners?” She asked.

“As usual.” He smiled and patted her head.

They took their belongings and said goodbye to their classmates before leaving the class. Once they stepped out they saw two familiar faces waiting for them outside.

“Luna? Jonghyun hyung?” Taemin asked.

Jinhee’s face lit up as soon as she saw Jonghyun. She smiled brightly.

“What are you guys doing here?” Taemin asked again.

“I’m waiting for Jinhee. I’ll send you home? We could go grab something to eat first.” Jonghyun said looking at Jinhee who nodded her head in response.

“Oh. What about you?” Taemin looked at Luna.

“I’m waiting for you.” Luna said.

Taemin pointed to himself. “M-me?”

“I thought since Jonghyun oppa was going to send Jinhee home, I should accompany you.”

“Oh.”

Jonghyun pushed Taemin towards Luna. “Just go already.”

“Right. Okay. Bye guys.” Taemin and Luna waved and walked off.

Jonghyun then turned to Jinhee and smiled. “Shall we go?”

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

Jonghyun brought her to a korean barbeque restaurant where they had samgyupsal and bulgogi.

“Wah, it’s been so long since I’ve eaten this well! Thank you Jonghyun oppa.” Jinhee said stuffing with food.

“Yah yah eat like a girl will you?”

He took a napkin and wiped off some sauce from the side of her lip. She blushed and ate slower.

They spent the rest of the afternoon at the park, near the playground where there were kids running around. They talked for hours.

“Can we meet again tomorrow after school? We could hang out and you know I’ll send you home after.” He said, rubbing the back of his head.

“Sure, why not.” She smiled.

She wrapped her arm around his and leaned on his shoulder.

__________

 

They met up every day for that whole week. It became sort of a normal routine for them. They would meet up after school and spend time together till it was time to go home. This carried on for weeks. Fact is, their feelings for each other had grown in the time they spent together.

“So you and Jonghyun hyung have gotten really close now huh?” Taemin asked, lying down on the dance studio.

“I guess so.”

“Hope this is not an awkward question but … what about Minho hyung?”

“Oh I still keep in contact with him.” Jinhee answered.

“You do?!” Luna jumped in and sat in the middle of them, startling them both.

“Yah! You scared me ..” Jinhee said.

“Sorry. But rewind please, you still keep in contact with Minho?” Luna raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah we still text. That’s not wrong right? We’re just friends.” Luna shook her head. “No no no no. To you, you’re just friends. To him, he may be expecting more.”

“But he knows that Jonghyun oppa and I are really close now.” Jinhee said.

Taemin got up from his position. “So? Maybe that’s why he keeps texting you. So you won’t forget his existence.” Luna looked at Taemin and then back at Jinhee, nodding.

“… It’s not like I’m cheating on Jonghyun oppa or anything. We’re not official anyway.” She pouted.

“Yah, that’s something I would expect Jonghyun hyung to say if I ask him why he’s still in contact with other girls. Which he is not by the way. He’s only focused on you now. Trust me.”

Jinhee sighed. “Is this really an issue?”

“YES.” Both Taemin and Luna said.

“Fine then I won’t text Minho as much anymore.”

“GOOD.” Luna said firmly. “So~ How are things with you and Jonghyun~?”

Jinhee giggled at her sudden change in tone. “Good~” She mimicked.

“Aw come on, tell me more!” Luna whined and pouted.

“What do you wanna know?” Jinhee asked.

“What’s the status of your relationship right now? Has he said anything yet? Have you said anything yet?”

Jinhee shook her head. “Nope. In fact, we haven’t actually discuss anything about this so called relationship.

“Really? Hmm. You should. It’s been a month already. I’m not saying you guys should commit just yet but you know … talk about it.” Taemin said.

“He’s right. You’re meeting him later right? Talk then.” Luna added.

Jinhee nodded. “Okay. I’ll try. Anyway I think my brother’s suspicious now that I keep coming home quite late. I haven’t exactly told him about Jonghyun and I.”

“Don’t tell him! At least not yet.” Luna said.

“Don’t tell who what?” Jonghyun’s voice echoed the studio.

“Oh hey hyung!” Taemin greeted.

Jonghyun sat down next to Jinhee and wrapped an arm around her waist. “What are you guys talking about?”

Jinhee shook her head. “Nothing.” They stared into each other’s’ eyes and smiled.

“Get. A room.” Taemin said.

“I already did.” Jonghyun said. “Ewww hyung!”

Jinhee nudged him. “Yah! What are you talking about?” Jonghyun laughed. “I was just kidding guys.”

“Anyway, since it’s Friday, you guys wanna join us and hang out? We could go to the arcade or something.” Jonghyun suggested.

“YEAH! Ouch—” Taemin cheered but Luna nudged his stomach. “No it’s okay. You guys go ahead.” Luna said, smiling at Jinhee.

“Okay then, let’s go Jinhee.”

__________

 

They went to town and walked around the mall before ending up at the park; the place where they kissed. They walked slowly, swinging their intertwined hands with and ice-cream cone in the other.

Jinhee smiled looking down at their hands. She still felt butterflies whenever she was with him. Jonghyun turned to her and squeezed her hand lightly. “Everything okay?” He asked. She nodded and continued eating her ice-cream. He smiled to himself looking at her. His heart still beats fast whenever she’s around.

They sat down at an empty spot. Jonghyun lay back on the grass with his eyes closed. Jinhee followed him and lay next to him and on his arm. She her side to face him.

“Let’s talk.” She said.

Jonghyun chuckled. “Okay sure. About what?” He said with his eyes still closed.

Jinhee ran her eyes over Jonghyun’s face, admiring his side profile. “About … about us?”

His eyes blinked open and he turned his head to look at her. “What about us? I like us. Do you like us?”

“I like us too.” She chuckled. “But I’m being serious here.” She sat up and hugged her legs. He got up as well and wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her in closer. “Okay, I’m listening.” He said.

“I want to know … what are we right now? Friends? Or something more?” She asked softly.

He rested his head on her shoulder. “I’d like to think we’re more than friends.”

“So what does this mean?”

“I don’t know. But I know one thing.” Jonghyun said. “What is it?”

“That I really like you.” He said making Jinhee blush. He pinched her cheek. “Aigoo my Jinhee is blushing~”

“Then … let’s put it this way.” Jinhee started. “I don’t think I’m ready to be officially together right now. Let’s take it slow okay?”

Jonghyun nodded. “Okay.”

“Okay. Rule number 1.”

“There’re rules?!”

Jinhee nodded. “Yes. Now rule number 1 … no more girls.” She said.

“As long as I can have you I’m fine with that.” Jonghyun said hugging her from the side. “Yeah, we’ll see about that oppa.”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” Jonghyun said.

“Well I know you, you ert. It’ll be hard for you to resist girls especially since you’re so used to having them.” She replied.

“Then you’ll just have to fill in for them now right?” He whispered into her ear making her shiver. He leaned in closer and kissed her neck.

“W-what are you doing?” She nudged him softly away and turned to him. His tightened his grip on her and pulled her closer. “O-okay you can go hang out with girls now stop!” She yelled.

Jonghyun looked at her and laughed. “Relax I was just kidding.” Jinhee hit his chest. “That was not funny!”

“I’m sorry.” He said pulling her in between his legs and hugging her. She pouted and leaned on him.

“Rule number 2 … no texting Minho.” He said. “You went through my messages?!”

“No … I went through Minho’s messages. You do know he still likes you right?”

“Yeah ..”

“So stop texting him. Just tell him you don’t like him and that you’re with me now.”

“But he knows we’re closer now. Plus if you’ve read the messages, we talk about normal stuff.”

“Jinhee, it’s not fair if I have to stop seeing girls and you can continue texting Minho.”

“But Minho’s a friend. Not a toy.”

“Fine.”

“Fine.”

They stayed in silence for the next ten minutes. They were still in the same position as before; with her leaning on him and his arm around her waist. Jinhee glanced at him. He was drawing figures on the ground. She turned back to the front and fiddled with a small flower that she found.

“Are we having our first fight?” She said softly.

“I think so.” He replied.

“I’m sorry.”

“Me too.”

“I won’t text Minho anymore if you don’t want me to.”

“You can text him. But only if I get to read them.”

“Deal.”

“Let’s not fight anymore. I hate it when you’re not talking to me.” He said hugging her tighter and resting his head on her shoulder. “Are there anymore rules?”

“Mmmm I can’t think of any right now.”

“Good.” He sighed. “I wish I could call you mine already.”

Jinhee smiled when she heard that. “When I’m ready okay?” She turned and caressed his cheekbones. “Anyway I um, haven’t exactly said anything to my brother about us.”

“I’m not going to have to be the one to tell him right? Your brother scares the out of me.” He said making her laugh.

“I try to think of some way to tell him. But you have to be there with me.”

“Why? So you can protect me just in case he decides to kill me?”

“Yah my brother would never kill you … he’d torture you.”

“I feel so much better, thanks.”

She laughed again and brought their foreheads together. His eyes landed on her lips. They haven’t kissed since that night. She smiled and moved in closing the gap between their lips. Just before their lips met, she giggled and turned away.

“Yah, don’t tease me like that. Can I get a kiss?” He pouted.

“No. That was for teasing me before.” Jinhee giggled. She looked at her watch and gasped. “You should send me home now.”

“Not yet. Come on Jinhee, it’s Friday. Stay with me.” Jonghyun pouted.

Jinhee sighed. “But my brother’s already starting to get suspicious! He’ll kill me if he knows I’ve been spending so much time with you.”

Jonghyun placed a finger on her lips. “Shh.” He lay back on the grass and pulled her on top. “Let’s just lie here for a while.”

Her head rested on his chest. As much as she was worried about her brother, the sound of Jonghyun’s heart beating made her calm. Too calm, that she drifted off to sleep.

__________

 

“Where the hell is Jinhee? I don’t think classes end this late.” Wooyoung nagged as he paced the room.

His father sat down on the couch with a cup of milk in hand. “It’s a Friday, let her enjoy her youth ms jang wooyoung. You did the same when you were her age.”

“Yes but I’m a guy. She’s a girl. Who has a y boy interested in her.” He said.

His father laughed. “Nonsense. Jonghyun is a nice guy.”

“Nice?! NICE?!”

“Okay shh the show’s starting.”

“Jang Jinhee you better reach home before midnight or else.” Wooyoung muttered to himself.

__________

 

Jinhee’s eyes fluttered open and for a second, she was confused as to where she was. She gasped and sat up.

“Did you have a nice sleep?” Jonghyun asked, sitting up himself.

She looked at her watch. “Why didn’t you wake me up? It’s almost 9!”

“You looked tired. I didn’t want to disturb you.” Jonghyun said brushing a few strands of hair from her face.

She yawned and stretched her arms up above her. “Mmmm”

“I love the sounds you make when you stretch.”

“Ah ert!” She pushed him away.

“I’m just kidding. Shall I send you home now?” She nodded. They both got up and brushed of grass from their legs.

“You should fix your hair. You look like you just got ed. It looks hot though.”

Jinhee gasped and blushed. She ran her fingers through her hair and tried to make it neat. “Mind your words Kim Jonghyun.”

“What?”

“You’re so vulgar. I hate it. Such a turn off.”

“Okay, sorry. Let me rephrase that. You look like you just had .” She hit his arm. “That doesn’t sound any better.”

They got into the car. “Um, you look like you just lost your ity?”

“Yah!”

“Wait. You’re a right?”

She buckled her seat belt and glanced at him. “How does that concern you?”

“Cause you know I have to know how fast I can go when—“

“YAAAAH!” Jinhee yelled covering her ears.

Jonghyun laughed. “I’m just saying that when we—“

“AHHHHHHH KIM JONGHYUN!”

“Okay okay I’m shutting up. Now stop screaming my name. Save it for when we—“

“One more word and there is no more us.

Jonghyun pouted. “Yes ma’am.”

“Good boy.” She patted his head.

 

As usual, Jonghyun parked his car further away from Jinhee’s house so that they wouldn’t get caught. Once they reached her house, they peeked in from the front windows. Wooyoung was already asleep on the couch. Jinhee’s father who noticed them, waved.

She giggled and waved back. Jonghyun came out from behind her and waved at him as well. Jinhee pulled him away from the window and they went to the back. She’d rather climb up the window than through the front door.

“Goodnight Jonghyun.” Jinhee smiled.

“What happened to Jonghyun oppa?

“I don’t feel like calling you oppa anymore.” Jonghyun sighed and she giggled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him.

“I’m going to go now okay? Bye Jonghyun.” Jonghyun nodded. Jinhee turned away from him.

“Hey Jinhee.”

“Hmm?” Jinhee turned back to him and was greeted with his lips on hers. It was a peck, but it surprised her enough to make her blush.

“Bye Jinhee.” Jonghyun put his hands in his pockets and walked backwards slowly.

She climbed up to her room and jumped onto her bed, hugging her dino plushie.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Managed to sneak in a chapter. Very useless chapter but one nonetheless haha I probably won't update next week till sept >_< 

And happy Eid Mubarak to my muslim subscribers! (if there are any ^^)