Help

Let Me Be With You

JINHEE'S POV

“If only - I was - a bit - taller ugh” I was on my toes reaching for a library book. Why are the shelves so high anyway!

The sudden feeling of hot breath against my neck made me gasp. “Need some help here?” he said tilting his head to face me.

He reached out for the book, brushing his chest against my back. As soon as I turned around and got the book from him, he took one step closer placing a hand on my waist and another against the shelf behind me for support. He smirked. My face was probably flushed.

“Thank you” I said in an almost inaudible tone.

I probably didn’t realize it then but I was staring in awe of his handsome face. His defined cheekbones, jawline and then my eyes landed on his lips. His pink and soft-looking lips. I flushed even more. He chuckled but then smiled this really cute eye smile.

“You’re welcome. What’s your name?”

“Jinhee” I replied, both of us still maintaining eye contact.

“Cute name. I’m Jonghyun.” He smirked again.

“J-Jonghyun? Kim Jonghyun? …”

“You know me?”

Who doesn’t know you? Kim Jonghyun a.k.a. the biggest playboy in school. Girls fall head over heels for this guy. But with such killer looks who wouldn’t. Not that I’m interested, just saying. 

“No umm I’ve just heard about you, that’s all.” I smiled.

“And what is it that you have heard about me?” He moved his hand from my waist to my back pulling me closer to him. I was blushing so hard I had to avert my gaze to the floor instead. My heart was beating so fast he probably heard it in the silence of this library.

“Yah Jinhee what’s-“ Taemin suddenly appeared from the corner; obviously shocked seeing me with him. “Oh sorry I was interrupting something wasn’t I? Heh …“  

I gently pushed myself from Jonghyun “No no, he was just helping me get the book. I couldn't reach it.”

“Yeah I was just giving her a hand.” Jonghyun said with a smile. “See you Jinhee.” He walked off and winked my way. “You too Taemin.”

“Bye hyung.” Taemin replied.

As soon as he walked off both Taemin and I looked at each other. Awkward silence.

__________

 

“It’s not what you think it is.” I said to Taemin as we were walking to a nearby Starbucks.

“What? I didn’t say anything~” he replied with a big grin plastered on his face. He didn't have to say anything. It's written all over his face! Hmm he probably thinks I'm Jonghyun's new toy.

“You have to believe me he was just helping me out!”

“You could’ve just asked me to help you get the book. But … I guess getting Jonghyun hyung to help you was-”

“I didn’t even ask him for help! He offered to!” I pouted.

“Ah arasso arasso I get it.” Still with a grin on his face. 

"Though I must admit he’s really good-looking.”

“What?! Eh? is my best friend Jinhee falling for Kim Jonghyun?” 

“No! I was just saying. Oh, by the way how do you know him? You called him hyung. I didn’t know you were close with him.”

“Nah we're not that close. We just play basketball together sometimes.”

“Oh I see.”

“He’s a player. You shouldn’t get involved with him; even if you do think he’s hot. ”

“I know, I know. I've heard of him.” 

“We’re here!” Taemin said when we reached Starbucks. He pushed open the door and waved to Luna who was behind the counter.

Luna works here part-time so we hang out here often. She brought us our usual orders and took a seat at our table. "Not busy?" Taemin asked.

She shook her head and shrugged. "There's not many people today anyway."

“So how was your day?” She asked us. Most of Taemin and my classes aren't with Luna, so we don't get to see her much.

“Fine. “ I said, sipping my latte.

“Just ‘fine’? Aren’t you gonna tell her about your makeout session in the library?” Taemin you big mouth. I wasn't planning on telling her. But not because I don't trust her. It's because of how she'll react. She gets way to excited over these kind of things.

“WHAT?! With who?! Why didn’t you tell me? Tell me tell me!” See. Told you so.

“Okay wait, first, I was NOT making out with him,” I said looking directly at Taemin, “and second … I was with Kim Jonghyun.” I mumbled out the last part.

“KIM JONGHYUN?!” Her eyes went big.

“Shhhhh!” I covered . “I don’t want his ‘fangirls’ to come after me. And he was just helping me that’s all.”

“Yeah and then she hugged him.” Taemin added. 

“Taemin! I did not hug him … he was the one that pulled me close to him.” I said the last part quickly hoping Luna wouldn’t overreact to this.

“That’s great! He’s hot! You should go out with him!”

“No! We all know what kinda guy he is … “

“Maybe he’s into you?” Taemin chuckled, amused at his own comment.

“Very funny Taemin. Like you said, he's a player. He's with a different girl every other day. Plus what makes you think I’m into Kim Jonghyun?”

“Did I hear my name?” A familiar voice suddenly said. Oh no. Was that too loud? I turned my heard only to see Jonghyun already making his way to our table.

“Uhh I think I should get back to work.” Luna said as she hurriedly made her way back to the counter. She grinned at me and gave me two thumbs up. I grabbed Taemin’s arm before he could run off too. I do NOT want to be alone with Jonghyun. 

“Hyung annyeong!” Taemin said cheerfully.

“Annyeong. What a coincidence meeting you guys again. Must be fate, right Jinhee?” Hmm, I believe in fate. Hehe. 

“Huh oh um yeah.” I replied, looking up from my drink. He was smiling really handsomely.

“Hyung, sit down and join us!” Taemin said.

I shot Taemin a death glare and he mouthed out “What?”

Jonghyun chuckled at my reaction but pulled up a seat anyway. He sat directly across me. I looked everywhere else except at him. Taemin and he started to have a conversation while I just sat there, half listening, avoiding his gaze and focusing on my drink.

“So are you guys dating or?” Jonghyun asked. I almost choked on my drink.

“What?! Jinhee and me? No we’re just best friends.” He said and softly punched my arm.

“Is that so Jinhee?” Jonghyun asked me.

“Yeah. Just friends.” I replied.

“So do you have a boyfriend?”

“She’s totally single!” Taemin remarked happily. Thanks Taemin, really.

“Taemin-ah! Could you help me carry some stuff at the back?” Luna asked from behind the counter.

“Oh sure sure! Excuse me while I go help Luna. You guys continue talking hehe” He giggled and gave me a pat on my back.

“Yah yah where are you-“ he was already through the door making his way to the back. How could they do this to me? How could they leave me with predator Jonghyun? 

I was alone. With Kim Jonghyun … again. My heart raced. I looked up at him and saw that he was looking back at me. Ah what should I do?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that’s the first chapter. I removed the one I originally wrote and I’m much happier with this one.

(cr. oppargh)

Hope you guys like it! Please leave comments & thank you to the subscribers!